The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Bacchus

Default Hardest Working Players in NFL

Peyton Manning

The new unquestioned leader of the Denver offense, Manning has looked much the four-time league MVP fans are used to seeing. After a full season off the field, the 36-year-old QB is among the league leaders in every statistical passing category: passer rating, touchdown-to-interception ratio, completion percentage, yards-per-game, and yards-per-attempt. Perhaps most importantly, he has quarterbacked the Broncos to a 5-3 record after three consecutive wins, good for the outright AFC West division lead.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...#ixzz2CocuNCJk
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Read it loud and clear for all those who thought he was just Mr. Dink & Dunk. Among the league leaders in YPA. Boohya
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

What's the story about Rae Carruth's son?
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
If you get a chance read it. It's a sad, nice story.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:54 AM   #5
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
Here is the story. It is amazing. I just read it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...6007/index.htm

Quote:
Meanwhile he had moved on to another girl. There were always plenty to choose from. He was almost 23, and she was a 17-year-old high school student in Colorado. He plied her with money and clothes and a Lexus. Later, when she told him she was pregnant, he told her she couldn't have the baby. She later testified that he said, Don't make me send somebody out there to kill you.

She got the abortion.
Quote:
Four of the five bullets had found their mark. Three lodged in her flesh without serious harm. But one left a trail of destruction. It pierced her left side and passed through her abdomen, crossing her right chest, coming to rest near her right armpit. Along the way it tore her stomach and large intestine and made innumerable holes in her small intestine. It penetrated her liver, her diaphragm, her lung. It cut her pancreas in half. It severed the splenic artery and vein, opening such a fountain of blood that she eventually lost it all, and more. The tireless doctors at Carolinas Medical Center kept replacing the blood through intravenous lines, and she kept losing it. Six liters. One hundred fifty percent.
Quote:
"Like I say," she says, "you can focus on what you've lost or what you have left. So I didn't lose. I have my grandson. I have my daughter with me in my heart, always. I have her with me through Lee. So I don't focus on loss. I mean, I think she's in Heaven, with God, so that's definitely not a loss. So I've got a lot left, and a lot of hope left, and a lot to live for, and to be able to help my grandson to become the wonderful man he's meant to be. I haven't lost anything.

"Really, I've gained. I've been pushed into my role and destiny."

It's coming, this meeting of father and son. Saundra will not try to stop it. She is not afraid of him. When Rae Carruth brings his story she will be there too.

Lee will have grown a lot by then. He will probably be taller than his father. And so, if they stand face-to-face, Rae will have to look up at him, into a mirror, at his own face, and into the eyes of the woman he put to death, and into the eyes of a third creature, a man, not a boy, with that gaze of pure white flame, and these three people will almost certainly ask him a question. It is Lee's favorite question. He asks it all the time, about almost everything. He asked it in T.G.I. Friday's and he asked it in the church gymnasium. And now the man who would not be killed will look at the man who could not kill him, and he will ask it one more time:

Why?

Last edited by Bacchus; 11-21-2012 at 03:39 AM..
Old 11-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #6
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Too old, too slow, will get killed behind that crummy o-line, no WRs, only came back for a paycheck. If he really wanted a ring he would have signed in San Francisco.
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #7
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
If he really wanted a ring he would have signed in San Francisco.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #8
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

I think John is Philip Rivers biological father.

DivineLegion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #9
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

There you go. The SI cover is the reason for Manning's slow start. Once again, SCREW YOU, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED!!!
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote