The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,250

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default LOL Aaron Curry waived

The Oakland Raiders have parted ways with Aaron Curry just one season after shipping a pair of draft picks to the Seattle Seahawks for the outside linebacker.

The team confirmed that Curry was waived Tuesday not long after he fired off a string of tweets announcing his release.



The Biggest NFL Draft Busts in Y2K Era
Take a look at these top draft busts. Does Aaron Curry make this list?
"No longer a raider! On to my next venture! Expanding Gods territory," Curry wrote. "I am confident in my abilities to play linebacker, I know God will cook something up for me!!"

Yes Aaron a hot turkey sandwich for you.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...th-aaron-curry

Last edited by baja; 11-20-2012 at 04:44 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

bring him in
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,175
Default

I was wrong about him. I really wanted him in Denver. Now......
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,250

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Only cost them a 7th and a 5th next year but that shiit adds up.

Do the have any picks next draft ?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'm glad Von lived up to his hype unlike curry, he has to be one of the biggest defensive busts in recent draft history outside of whoever the cheifs perennial 3-4 de is
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,250

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Only cost them a 7th and a 5th next year but that shiit adds up.

Do the have any picks next draft ?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

but... but... but... he's a sure thing!

"You're going to hand him $30 million or $40 million guaranteed and he's going to be like Matt Ryan," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. "He's going to put it in the bank and he's going to go to work."

He's a player who Mayock said "does everything well."

"You can put him in a 4-3 scheme, or you can play him in a 3-4 scheme," Mayock said. "You could insert him day one and he's a starter and your defense is better and you don't have to worry about him getting in trouble."
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...on-curry_N.htm

Ouch.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,505

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

If we don't lose JDR this offseason I really wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look this offseason. Can't demand big money and if anyone can help him turn his career around it's JDR.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #9
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,250

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
but... but... but... he's a sure thing!

"You're going to hand him $30 million or $40 million guaranteed and he's going to be like Matt Ryan," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. "He's going to put it in the bank and he's going to go to work."

He's a player who Mayock said "does everything well."

"You can put him in a 4-3 scheme, or you can play him in a 3-4 scheme," Mayock said. "You could insert him day one and he's a starter and your defense is better and you don't have to worry about him getting in trouble."
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...on-curry_N.htm

Ouch.
Talk about your swing and miss. Not the norm for Mike.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,250

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
That regime (Raiders) hoped he'd be around for the long haul after swapping a 2012 seventh-round pick and a fifth-rounder in 2013 to the Seahawks, who'd seen enough of Curry after making him the fourth-overall pick in 2009 draft.

The draft is still a crap shoot even at the top.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Talk about your swing and miss. Not the norm for Mike.
You can't fix dumb.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,250

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

If you are a linebacker without the green dot dumb is not a big problem.

See D J Williams
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #13
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
If we don't lose JDR this offseason I really wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look this offseason. Can't demand big money and if anyone can help him turn his career around it's JDR.
Why would you want him here? He's an OLB, we have 3 really good/great OLB'ers already (Miller, Woodyard, Williams). I'd rather pass and look at bringing in or drafting a MLB.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #14
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,781
Default

man alive i remember wanting him in that draft badly. he was supposed to be the surest bet in the draft.
wow has he sucked.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #15
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

And to think that Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews went after Curry. Ouch.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #16
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
And to think that Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews went after Curry. Ouch.
and Matthews was considered the biggest question mark of the three.
sometimes it really does come down to who wants it more.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #17
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
and Matthews was considered the biggest question mark of the three.
sometimes it really does come down to who wants it more.
Heck, many thought Mathews was considered the worst of the 3 USC backers, behind Brian Cushing and Ray Maluaga.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #18
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,250

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

He has the blood line
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #19
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,505

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Why would you want him here? He's an OLB, we have 3 really good/great OLB'ers already (Miller, Woodyard, Williams). I'd rather pass and look at bringing in or drafting a MLB.
I'm not saying bring him in and do nothing else at the LB spot. BTW, Williams is a slightly above average OLB and it will be a miracle if he is back next season. So probably we have Von and Woodyard. Behind them the depth is spotty. Who knows with Trevathan and Irving...both of which seemingly play the WILL anyway. Behind Von there is basically nobody. Like it or not depth is needed and a LB guru like JDR might help Curry turn the corner. He is not going to demand much money so the risk is low.

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 11-20-2012 at 06:56 PM..
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #20
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,250

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I'm not saying bring him in and do nothing else at the LB spot. BTW, Williams is a slightly above average OLB and it will be a miracle if he is back next season. So probably we have Von and Woodyard. Behind them the depth is spotty. Who knows with Trevathan and Irving...both of which seemingly play the WILL anyway. Behind Von there is basically nobody. Like it or not depth is needed and a LB guru like JDR might help Curry turn the corner. He is not going to demand much money so the risk is low.
If we were to bring him for next season's training camp that seems worth it.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #21
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,529
Default

Everybody in their mother was calling Curry the safest pick in the 2009 draft and a sure fire Pro Bowl LB.
He got traded to the Raiders for peanuts basically and waived the very next season. Wow.

Side note, will the Raiders continue the Carson Palmer experience or cut him too?
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #22
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,267

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

yep, even a blue chip, sure fire LBer drafted in the top 5 can be a bust. And LBer is probably one of the easier positions to scout and have confidence about. I wonder what Curry's problem is--motivation? Is he like Alphonso Smith and just expects the job to be handed to him?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
yep, even a blue chip, sure fire LBer drafted in the top 5 can be a bust. And LBer is probably one of the easier positions to scout and have confidence about. I wonder what Curry's problem is--motivation? Is he like Alphonso Smith and just expects the job to be handed to him?
The opinion on the Seahawks boards is that he is dumb as a brick.

On the Raider boards, they couldn't tell.








rimshot
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #24
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

They need to cut every one of their LBs.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #25
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,607

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Everybody in their mother was calling Curry the safest pick in the 2009 draft and a sure fire Pro Bowl LB.
He got traded to the Raiders for peanuts basically and waived the very next season. Wow.

Side note, will the Raiders continue the Carson Palmer experience or cut him too?
Gross.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Denver Broncos