The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #101
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
Look at Moreno's career averages and look at McGahee's averages in our offense.

I know we all trust McGahee more but let's be honest here. We aren't trying to replace Adrian Peterson for the next four to six games. The only thing that matters is that our line blocks well. If it does Moreno has shown that while he was definitely over drafted he can still contribute, he still has talent, and he can help give us an average run game. That's all we need. Just something to force them to respect it.

Stop hating him for what he's not and respect him for what he is capable of. A solid enough back to step in and keep our running game at it's present level. He got 4.3 a carry with Kyle Orton leading the charge to a 4-12 record. I'm pretty sure he can match that mark.
You're living in the past maaaaaaan! Nfl stands for not for long. Things change quickly. Our best bet this year is to give all 3 looks early then go with the hot hand. Then hopefully one will emerge by January. My bets on ball.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #102
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

but but but he fumbles.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #103
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
Stop hating him for what he's not and respect him for what he is capable of. A solid enough back to step in and keep our running game at it's present level. He got 4.3 a carry with Kyle Orton leading the charge to a 4-12 record. I'm pretty sure he can match that mark.
I will stop hating him once he proves that he is capable. I am not asking him to be a 600 yard back this year and have 6 TD's.

Just contribute, make a few key 1st downs and take some heat off the passing game. If he breaks off a couple long runs or pass plays then all the better but he has to prove it to me that he can do it before I forgive him for his past SUCKAGE.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:35 AM   #104
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I just traded Hillman for MJD in Fantasy... I think I made a steal.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #105
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I will stop hating him once he proves that he is capable. I am not asking him to be a 600 yard back this year and have 6 TD's.

Just contribute, make a few key 1st downs and take some heat off the passing game. If he breaks off a couple long runs or pass plays then all the better but he has to prove it to me that he can do it before I forgive him for his past SUCKAGE.
You realize that past suckage includes some fairly solid numbers in the yards from scrimmage category right?
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #106
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

He has already done ALL of those things in his career...this is why the hate is confusing.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #107
Jay3

Wouldn't it be something if Moreno started beasting for this club on a Superbowl run? Maybe his skill set is well suited to this offense.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #108
jerseyguy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
...Our best bet this year is to give all 3 looks early then go with the hot hand. Then hopefully one will emerge by January...
I'm with this.

However, I think the "hot hand" means who can follow Peyton's audibles without screwing up, who can pick up blocks the best, and (least importantly) who can actually make some good runs and catch a few balls.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #109
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Wouldn't it be something if Moreno started beasting for this club on a Superbowl run? Maybe his skill set is well suited to this offense.
I think it was Drek that was saying this is a similar offense to What KM was in in college. Which is a point in Moreno's favor.

I've also heard that his practice habits are less than impressive, which I am sure is a huge factor in why he hasn't been given more opportunity.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #110
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I just traded Hillman for MJD in Fantasy... I think I made a steal.
He will have his break out game this week in KC. The other guy got the deal.

Fox has ben saying for a couple of weeks now that Hilman is due to have a breakout game. What better place than KC. Manning will have us up big early than its a running feast
Old 11-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #111
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

Fox has ben saying for a couple of weeks now that Hilman is due to have a breakout game. What better place than KC. Manning will have us up big early than its a running feast

KC's defense has been fairly stout against the run..................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #112
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
I dont buy it. Maybe next man up who gets to wear a Jersey. You dont go from 4th to 1st over night and become the team savior. Lets Get behind Ball can we.
I think Ball was #2 to start the season because he was good on special teams. Then he went to #3 soon after because Hillman was getting his chance. Ball still active over Moreno, again, because he was good at special teams, and decent at everything, running, blocking, catching, but not really great at any of them.

I do think Moreno is a better runner then Ball. I also think he's just as good if not just a tad better at pass blocking.

I think both guys are going to get their plays. I really do think this is going to be replace McGahee by committee. So it doesn't matter who's in there, not 1 back is probably going to be the "feature" guy.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #113
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think Ball was #2 to start the season because he was good on special teams. Then he went to #3 soon after because Hillman was getting his chance. Ball still active over Moreno, again, because he was good at special teams, and decent at everything, running, blocking, catching, but not really great at any of them.

I do think Moreno is a better runner then Ball. I also think he's just as good if not just a tad better at pass blocking.

I think both guys are going to get their plays. I really do think this is going to be replace McGahee by committee. So it doesn't matter who's in there, not 1 back is probably going to be the "feature" guy.
Moreno went into the regular season as the #2 (hence his goal line TD in week 1), then was benched after week 2. The reasoning's have been speculation ever since.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #114
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
KC's defense has been fairly stout against the run..................
25th in yards allowed per game. In other words, 8th worst by that measure.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #115
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So basically Josh traded Cutler for Ayers?
No, He traded Cutler for a shot and looking like a Genius... and proved he was not one.
jmz313 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #116
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post

Dude... you are clueless or just haven't watched the games. There is no way Ball went into the season as the #2 back. Moreno played right after Willis that first and 2nd game. He just got shoved in the inactive list because somehow he found himself in coach's Fox doghouse on a permanent basis.

Look, he fumbled, we get it. What I don't get how Ball, who in my honest opinion has screwed up more times in the few opportunities he has had to showcase himself, keeps getting so many touches. No one in their right mind can argue that Ball is a better overall back than KM. I don't think we have heard the full story behind KM's banishment to the inactive pine.

There is a reason Elway is not ready to sign a back yet. He's comfortable with what we have. And he clearly thinks that whatever we have, is better than any free agent right now. KM is going to get his chance to get out of the doghouse... and I bet he is featured over any other back on the roster the rest of the season as long as he stays healthy.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #117
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Nothing that I have seen tells me Hillman is ready to be the Alpha dog or have a breakout game. Sure, maybe he will breakout a few runs... but the kid just goes down every time at the first contact. You saw how many times PM got sacked last game right? Sure, Koppen was the one who really struggled last game, but it can't be a coincidence that PM got sacked 3 times after Willis was out. Hillman is just not ready for a full time starting gig that asks of our backs to be superb pass protectors. KM blows Hillman and Ball in this department by far.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #118
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
No, He traded Cutler for a shot and looking like a Genius... and proved he was not one.
If only he had been able to complete his plan and gotten Matt Cassell then he would have been a genius, right
Old 11-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #119
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I don't think the Broncos have much choice but to play Moreno. He's certainly a better blocking RB than Hillman, that alone will get him in the game. As for Ball, he's just the old reliable RB you give the ball to when the other RBs are tired. Ball is productive too, especially in the passing game and blocking. Ball was blocking great during the SD game.

The wild card right now is Hillman.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #120
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Nothing that I have seen tells me Hillman is ready to be the Alpha dog or have a breakout game. Sure, maybe he will breakout a few runs... but the kid just goes down every time at the first contact. You saw how many times PM got sacked last game right? Sure, Koppen was the one who really struggled last game, but it can't be a coincidence that PM got sacked 3 times after Willis was out. Hillman is just not ready for a full time starting gig that asks of our backs to be superb pass protectors. KM blows Hillman and Ball in this department by far.
I said his runs would come with us up big thus the need to pass block will not be an issue. Think Darren Sproles
Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #121
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
I said his runs would come with us up big thus the need to pass block will not be an issue. Think Darren Sproles
Holiday is more like Sproles...

Hillman just looks like a guy
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #122
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
You're living in the past maaaaaaan! Nfl stands for not for long. Things change quickly. Our best bet this year is to give all 3 looks early then go with the hot hand. Then hopefully one will emerge by January. My bets on ball.
Not for long eh? Then why does Ball linger around when he's put up stinkers when given chances?
Old 11-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #123
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I have what might be considered a dumb question. In reading the article posted on IAOFM they said Ball made a contribution in recovering the blocked punt. Wouldn't the ball be ours anyway because it was fourth down and the ball was recovered at a point short of what was needed for a first down or would it have been SDs ball if recovered by them because a Denver player touched the ball(block) and it was recovered by SD
Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #124
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
I have what might be considered a dumb question. In reading the article posted on IAOFM they said Ball made a contribution in recovering the blocked punt. Wouldn't the ball be ours anyway because it was fourth down and the ball was recovered at a point short of what was needed for a first down or would it have been SDs ball if recovered by them because a Denver player touched the ball(block) and it was recovered by SD
You are correct. Denver would have to gain possession, then fumble the ball in order to reset the downs for SD. If SD recovered the fumble it would still be Denver ball on downs.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #125
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

That is what I though but they were sure killing themselves recovering the ball (both teams) and there was the article, that is why I asked.
Thanks