The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #26
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Thomas holds the sack record at 8. He got this on Dave Krieg and the funny thing is that Seattle still beat the Chiefs in the game.
I thought DT record was 7 in a game.

But on the topic of Von getting the record for the season total, as much as I want him to do it I am more interested in playoffs and what he does this week
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #27
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
This could be argued both ways. QBs hold on to the ball longer, but also have more protection than ever before both in rules and game schemes. I think thats why you see so many sack records in the mid to late 80s and early 90s. Reggie White, LT, DT...
I think the NFL benefits pass rushers far more than they did in the 90's. There are legitimately 6 pass rushers who have the capability of passing Strahan's record: Von Miller, JJ Watt, Aldon Smith, Jared Allen, Clay Matthews and DeMarcus Ware.

I fully believe that if the 1990 2nd year DT who got 20 sacks played in this era, he could be capable of 25.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #28
Tim

I wouldn't be surprised if Aldon Smith breaks the single game sack record tonight. The bears look awful
Old 11-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #29
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Aldon Smith at 4 so far
prunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #30
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Way to eff things up OP... I guess Aldon Smith reads the Mane and has something to say about the record you so boldly posted about...as Von Miller looks up at Smith as we speak with 13.5 sacks and over a quarter of bears beat down to go.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #31
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Because if this thread wasn't started, Aldon Smith would have been facing Dan Marino at QB tonight...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #32
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Not to worry we got KC, twice.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #33
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Not to worry we got KC, twice.
Compared to the bears line though, KCs is light years ahead. I've never seen such an atrocious line as the bears are displaying tonight.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #34
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvitz81 View Post
Compared to the bears line though, KCs is light years ahead. I've never seen such an atrocious line as the bears are displaying tonight.
I think the Cardinals have allowed multiple 8-sack games this year. They're pathetic.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #35
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Just looking at the stats, all of the remaining QB's we face are toward the bottom of the league in Sacks allowed. The Buccs are tied with us for second fewest sacks allowed. Just two steps worse than us is the Browns with their vaunted offensive line. Oakland is tied at 21st fewest. Only the Chiefs, tied at 15th, look like they will give Miller some opportunities.

Honestly it's probably not happening.

By comparison, the Niners get to play several teams that are in the top five in sacks allowed.

If Miller is able to get it, it will be an epic feat.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #36
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvitz81 View Post
True but they are pretty bad on the left side (i think?)
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #37
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Way to eff things up OP... I guess Aldon Smith reads the Mane and has something to say about the record you so boldly posted about...as Von Miller looks up at Smith as we speak with 13.5 sacks and over a quarter of bears beat down to go.
So is the Mane the cosmic center of the universe or something? Are you the same poster who blamed the safety in the last game on another poster who made fun of San Diego's punter?
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #38
FearLanier

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Von, Smith and Watt all broke Strahan's record this year.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #39
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
So is the Mane the cosmic center of the universe or something? Are you the same poster who blamed the safety in the last game on another poster who made fun of San Diego's punter?

That would be a NO to both of your "comments", But I will make fun of you and your weak ass smack.

And to answer your first question, YES the mane is the center on the known universe.... It is clear you do not read much around here.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #40
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Von, Smith and Watt all broke Strahan's record this year.
I would be totally shocked if that happened, maybe just 1 and that is a long shot. Favre is no longer in the league to give up the record breaker on the last day of the season..
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #41
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

If Von was playing Chicagos Oline with Campbell tonight he would easily have added 6 or more sacks tonight. That Oline is truly pathetic... Cutler better be glad he had a headache tonight and couldnt come out to play.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #42
extralife
Ring of Famer

Aldon Smith is pretty good, guys
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #43
canadianbroncosfan

Wow and just like that, 5.5 sacks and Smith has 15.

Probably bias, but I'm still more impressed with Miller. He hasn't had the pleasure of playing the O-Lines of the Rams, Vikings Cardinals and the Bears with Campbell at QB all which are in the top 10 in sacks allowed (or bottom 10 depending on how you look at it).
Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #44
extralife
Ring of Famer

I definitely thought there was a chance Smith would catch Von. That crappy Oline with a backup, they stood no chance. Every time he doesn't play, Cutler ends up looking like a miracle worker.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #45
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Aldon Smith is a stud no doubt. Even if he ends up with more sacks than Von, I still think Von will get more looks for DPOY.

I look at it as, Smith is just another cog in an excellent 49ers defense that Justin Smith, Bowman, and Willis allow Aldon to just rush the passer. i.e. Aldon is not solely responsible for how good they are.

Von, on the other hand, can be looked at as the player single handedly elevating our defense to top 5 contention. While we have other impact players, I would argue that Von receives most of the scheming and game planning against as we don't have the likes of a Bowman, Willis, or Justin Smith on our team (let alone all 3).

In the end, I could care less. I just hope Von remains injury free and I look forward to building around him for the next decade and watching him beast around every Sunday.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #46
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Smith jist won DPOY. He just did it on national tv. Eh such is life now we can just concentrate on winning
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:21 AM   #47
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Smith jist won DPOY. He just did it on national tv. Eh such is life now we can just concentrate on winning
Old 11-20-2012, 01:20 AM   #48
g6matty

hopefully this gives von extra motivation as if he needed anymore. the only thing ill say is that after watchin the highlights aldon smith wasnt double teamed on any of his sacks . there was times vs san diego wenthey had 3 guys keyin on von .
Old 11-20-2012, 06:01 AM   #49
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Aldon Smith - 13 tackles for loss - 3 FF - 15 sacks

Von Miller - 23 tackles for loss - 4 FF - 13 sacks
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #50
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Smith is a pass rush monster, but still more of a situational guy. Von is far and away more complete.

also how dumb is Chicago....they never once tried to double Aldon Smith or even chip him with a back. If Von was allowed to go 1 on 1 with a tackle all game he'd already have the record.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote