The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #76
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
"Knowshon Saves Broncos Superbowl Run!!"

And isn't this the same play he blew his knee out?
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #77
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
So lets hear why Moreno should get more carries then Ball. Seriously.

He's faster, more agile, better hands with 77 catches on 105 times targeted (73%), is a competent blocker, has more experience as a starter with 1920 yards rushing (career 4.1 ypc) 19 total TD's....averages one fumble for every 62 touches...

By comparison Ball has only 737 yards rushing (4.2 ypc) and only 3 total TD's and 27 receptions out of 50 times he's been targeted (54%) despite having played the same number of seasons...averages one fumble for every 41 touches

so to summarize, Moreno is the better athlete, more experienced runner, who hangs onto the ball better, is more reliable as a pass catcher and does more with it when he does touch it.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #78
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
let me put it this way,KM is a 3rd down RB. like hillman. he's not an every down back,never was.
Well given that Hillman came in for McGahee on 3rd down, and Hillman isn't an every down back, and neither is Ball...then what difference does it make who we put in? As you just stated, none of them are an "every down" RB.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #79
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think that is why they have kept him safe on the inactive list hoping he would finish out the season if and when needed.
Sry baja but that's balogni. They aren't going to keep guys inactive to keep them fresh. He's there bc he's 4th on the depth chart.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #80
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
He's faster, more agile, better hands with 77 catches on 105 times targeted (73%), is a competent blocker, has more experience as a starter with 1920 yards rushing (career 4.1 ypc) 19 total TD's....averages one fumble for every 62 touches...

By comparison Ball has only 737 yards rushing (4.2 ypc) and only 3 total TD's and 27 receptions out of 50 times he's been targeted (54%) despite having played the same number of seasons...averages one fumble for every 41 touches

so to summarize, Moreno is the better athlete, more experienced runner, who hangs onto the ball better, is more reliable as a pass catcher and does more with it when he does touch it.

But don't forget that Moreno isn't good enough to dress
Old 11-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #81
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Yep....the team thinks so highly of Moreno...that they brought Steve Slaton (and others) in for a workout today. Hmm.
The Broncos are just doing their due dilligence.....RB goes down, you generally bring in someone else or promote a practice squad guy.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #82
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Well given that Hillman came in for McGahee on 3rd down, and Hillman isn't an every down back, and neither is Ball...then what difference does it make who we put in? As you just stated, none of them are an "every down" RB.
if it wasn't for willis he would play more,probably start. lance ball at 5'9" 215 has the size to be an every down back,an ability to run in between the tackles. if KM was an every down RB he would have already proven it.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #83
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

I hope Moreno can live up to his 1st round pick.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #84
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
that guy was a scrub.
Yeah, I know right? word on the street is that he works for a classless organization.....
Old 11-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #85
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

I don't know how much rust he has from being on the shelf for so long, but he has had his best days against the Cheaps.

Question is: Will he hold onto the ball?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #86
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
But don't forget that Moreno isn't good enough to dress
Well, I'm not a coach on the Broncos, so I cannot speak intelligently on why he's been inactive. Maybe he was sent to his room for being a naughty boy but is now off restriction with McGahee's injury...if that's the case then the inactivity wasn't due to a talent issue...it was a discipline one, correct?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #87
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Yeah, I know right? word on the street is that he works for a classless organization.....
Unfortunately at the time we just got over Josh "I just want to win a mother Fn' game" McDaniels who felt it necessary to tape a practice session in London and still lost the game so yes we were classless for a while and now we are not.

errand you are like one of those big black house flies that like eat on on dog shiit then walk around the rim of your soup bowl. relentless & Irritating!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #88
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Unfortunately at the time we just got over Josh "I just want to win a mother Fn' game" McDaniels who felt it necessary to tape a practice session in London and still lost the game so yes we were classless for a while and now we are not.

errand you are like one of those big black house flies that like eat on on dog shiit then walk around the rim of your soup bowl. relentless & Irritating!
you called the Broncos classless over a year after McDaniels was **** canned.....you called them classless because they were interested in signing Manning and wanting to trade Tebow.....so please, don't try to act like you were pissed at McDaniels when you made your statement.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #89
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
you called the Broncos classless over a year after McDaniels was **** canned.....you called them classless because they were interested in signing Manning and wanting to trade Tebow.....so please, don't try to act like you were pissed at McDaniels when you made your statement.

Sure error now get off my soup bowl.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #90
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Not holding my breath on KM doing much of anything other than collect a game day check..

But one can hope he will go crazy if for no other reason to increase trade value of increase the comp picks.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #91
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i hope he steps up and becomes a dynamic duo with Hillman. we need some production out of him, otherwise we will need another RB draftee next year.
and no i'm not down on Hillman. but we need quality depth at RB in the worst way.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #92
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

We need a workhorse in Manning's offense, like McGahee has been, minus the fumbles.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #93
errand
Ring of Famer

What if Moreno rushes for 400-500 yards the rest of the season.....does he stay a Bronco?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #94
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I'll be rooting for the kid. I just hope his play reflects the realization that this might be his last real shot and I don't just mean with the Broncos.
I am with you. I would love to see him play well and turn around my opinion that he is a waste of a pick, dances way too much in the backfield, runs up his blockers backs, gets tackled by turf monsters, general all round ass clown, and drunk off the field, around.

If he gives us a couple big 1st down pickups when we need it and can help take some heat off the passing game is all I ask. I hope he doesn't go out there and try to do too much and falls on his face in the backfield and blow blocking assignments.

This is the only reason he is still on the roster, time to prove he is worth not being cut.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #95
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
We need a workhorse in Manning's offense, like McGahee has been, minus the fumbles.
I have never been a huge fan of the smaller backs, they tend to get jammed at the LOS have little power to break tackles while they will get you an occasional tahe it to the house play. IMO they are so rare not woth it.

I have always liked the 225+ RB that extra 15-40 pounds really allow them to take and for the matter give a beating. LBs, and DBs tend to lose arm tackles and in some cases shy away from trying.

Quote:
What if Moreno rushes for 400-500 yards the rest of the season.....does he stay a Bronco?

I think the like hood of that is slim. Even if the does will that warrant a another contract IIRC this is his last year of his rookie contract I DON'T beleive he signed a five year one they were still out there. If heis not motivated enough to earn his contract so far I see no reason to do it again.

See above for my reasons for not keeping him..

Add to that IMO he is a prima Donna one of the last drafts to get BiG bucks for just showing up.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #96
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

So basically Josh traded Cutler for Ayers?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #97
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I am with you. I would love to see him play well and turn around my opinion that he is a waste of a pick, dances way too much in the backfield, runs up his blockers backs, gets tackled by turf monsters, general all round ass clown, and drunk off the field, around.

If he gives us a couple big 1st down pickups when we need it and can help take some heat off the passing game is all I ask. I hope he doesn't go out there and try to do too much and falls on his face in the backfield and blow blocking assignments.

This is the only reason he is still on the roster, time to prove he is worth not being cut.
Well thought out post.

I want him to do well but, not sure he has it in him..

What I'd love is a great showing till The Big guy gets back and then a couple of nice picks in a trade or at worst picks for him being resigned by someone else.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #98
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
So basically Josh traded Cutler for Ayers?
Starting to sound like it..

IMO we still got the better of the deal long term.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #99
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Look at Moreno's career averages and look at McGahee's averages in our offense.

I know we all trust McGahee more but let's be honest here. We aren't trying to replace Adrian Peterson for the next four to six games. The only thing that matters is that our line blocks well. If it does Moreno has shown that while he was definitely over drafted he can still contribute, he still has talent, and he can help give us an average run game. That's all we need. Just something to force them to respect it.

Stop hating him for what he's not and respect him for what he is capable of. A solid enough back to step in and keep our running game at it's present level. He got 4.3 a carry with Kyle Orton leading the charge to a 4-12 record. I'm pretty sure he can match that mark.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #100
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
Look at Moreno's career averages and look at McGahee's averages in our offense.

I know we all trust McGahee more but let's be honest here. We aren't trying to replace Adrian Peterson for the next four to six games. The only thing that matters is that our line blocks well. If it does Moreno has shown that while he was definitely over drafted he can still contribute, he still has talent, and he can help give us an average run game. That's all we need. Just something to force them to respect it.

Stop hating him for what he's not and respect him for what he is capable of. A solid enough back to step in and keep our running game at it's present level. He got 4.3 a carry with Kyle Orton leading the charge to a 4-12 record. I'm pretty sure he can match that mark.
Exactly