The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #176
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,961
Default

This is awful

Addai could be a low risk guy, he knows Manning, he knows the offense, he knows what we'd want him to do. The problem is he sucks. We aren't going to find a guy who can actually get 15+ carries a game and make them work.

Lets try to convince Ricky Williams to give it another go. **** me.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #177
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
That thread wasn't an opinion. It was cemented in stone Williams was a bronco per your source.
Yeah Im talking about after that thread. I admit i was trolling that day but I had just cause. No way should i have been banned. I had some things to say that day
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #178
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
ugh. McGahee is done. He'll never play another down for us i bet. Can we move on to the backs we have. Thankfully
Guessed you missed the "or ball" part.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #179
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Is Tim Hightower fully healthy? How does that dude not have a job?
Knee issues.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #180
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Yeah Im talking about after that thread. I admit i was trolling that day but I had just cause. No way should i have been banned. I had some things to say that day
Whatever things you had to say should've been directed at who deserved it. Starting a thread that a huge percentage of OM was going to click on just pulled bystanders into whatever you were trying to get across.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #181
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,320

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

We're getting DeAngelo Williams?!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #182
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,252

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

McGahee says he thinks he can get back in 4-5 weeks. But he is
over 30 years old and, frankly, it takes longer to heal the older you are.

My bet is he isn't going to make it back in time for the playoffs, or maybe even the SB ( assuming we get there).

Most likely Knowshown will be active next week and will be in the rotation on running plays. If he is blowing blitz pickups it will be Ball getting the bulk of the calls and KM in for short yardage runs. Hopefully Kuper is back by the Tampa game.

If Mcgahee goes on IR they will sign a FA pickup or move up JJ. Probably the latter.

It makes no sense that they have kept KM on the roster this long and would cut him now. He is cheap insurance for just this situation and that is why they kept him. Now, he gets a chance to change their ( and most here) minds. Lets hope he steps up and does just that.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #183
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Whatever things you had to say should've been directed at who deserved it. Starting a thread that a huge percentage of OM was going to click on just pulled bystanders into whatever you were trying to get across.

I don't think I like you
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #184
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
I don't think I like you
Yep. That happens.

You did mention the patriots earlier, gotta think them losing Gronk will hurt just as much as our RB. MCL is not as serious as it used to be. Before they would do surgery. Now they realize it heals on its own after 4 or so weeks. I see people coming back after a month or so in the snow industry with that injury. And knees are a big part when you hucking off 60 foot table tops.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #185
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
This is awful

Addai could be a low risk guy, he knows Manning, he knows the offense, he knows what we'd want him to do. The problem is he sucks. We aren't going to find a guy who can actually get 15+ carries a game and make them work.

Lets try to convince Ricky Williams to give it another go. **** me.
Sticky Ricky is a good idea other than I highly doubt he could piss clean.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #186
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,522

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

When Steve Slaton is the number one option....youch!

Just love the one you got!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #187
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,520

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
So on 3rd and 3 this year you've been wanting them to run Mcgahee or Ball up the middle? Cause that wasn't working so much. I found myself hoping for passes on 3rd and 3.


The patriots blew us out having the 1st ranked rushing offense. I'd take my chances beating the patriots with Manning hucking the ball all over the field than giving Mcgahee the ball 20 or more times.
Are they ranked first in run D because they are great up front or because they score so quickly they force teams to pass to play catch up?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #188
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Are they ranked first in run D because they are great up front or because they score so quickly they force teams to pass to play catch up?
I meant we were 1st in rushing. I should edit that. Should say blew us out while we were 1st in rushing

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 11-19-2012 at 05:17 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #189
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Yeah Im talking about after that thread. I admit i was trolling that day but I had just cause. No way should i have been banned. I had some things to say that day
That's a pretty clear cut bannable offense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #190
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,520

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
McGahee says he thinks he can get back in 4-5 weeks. But he is
over 30 years old and, frankly, it takes longer to heal the older you are.

My bet is he isn't going to make it back in time for the playoffs, or maybe even the SB ( assuming we get there).

Most likely Knowshown will be active next week and will be in the rotation on running plays. If he is blowing blitz pickups it will be Ball getting the bulk of the calls and KM in for short yardage runs. Hopefully Kuper is back by the Tampa game.

If Mcgahee goes on IR they will sign a FA pickup or move up JJ. Probably the latter.

It makes no sense that they have kept KM on the roster this long and would cut him now. He is cheap insurance for just this situation and that is why they kept him. Now, he gets a chance to change their ( and most here) minds. Lets hope he steps up and does just that.
I think he will. He was playing like a man possessed when he went down with an injury.

Maybe the FO sees him as fragile and did just as you said kept him safe and inactive on the sidelines so he would be fully rested and healthy for just this occasion, mean while getting youg Hillman some necessary reps to get up to speed at the pro level.

Oh and they really didn't like that fumble he gave up on the last play he played this season.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #191
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,856

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Yeah Im talking about after that thread. I admit i was trolling that day but I had just cause. No way should i have been banned. I had some things to say that day
I just looked over the forum guidelines. I did not find anywhere it said you can break any of the rules so long as you have "some things to say that day."
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #192
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,520

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I just looked over the forum guidelines. I did not find anywhere it said you can break any of the rules so long as you have "some things to say that day."

He does have an irritating posting style but I thought the fake trade thread was a great gotcha and funny as hell. It's OK to have some fun isn't?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #193
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,856

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
He does have an irritating posting style but I thought the fake trade thread was a great gotcha and funny as hell. It's OK to have some fun isn't?
Not if it breaks guidelines. Should I slander your mom if it's all in good fun?
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #194
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 10,996

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I just looked over the forum guidelines. I did not find anywhere it said you can break any of the rules so long as you have "some things to say that day."
It was prop 54B, I think it was passed recently in a latenight deal between Taco and the dark syndicate known as the Methwolfe alliance, rumors on the lightrail are that someone had some incriminating photos of TJ allegedly ordering an assassination attempt on some leading members of another orangemane faction, either the CoC or the EGIBGB.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #195
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,520

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Not if it breaks guidelines. Should I slander your mom if it's all in good fun?
I don't think the two are in the same league and I doubt you do either.

I don't care if you ban him or not.

I thought the thread was funny and still do.

He does owe us a video though.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #196
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,657

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Joseph Addai- It could be an indication the Giants are worried about Ahmad Bradshaw's neck injury, though with New York on bye for Week 11, It's Addai's first known workout since earning his release from the Patriots for failing his training camp physical. Nov 14 - 6:42 PM

Ryan Torain- In addition to Joseph Addai, the Giants worked out free agent RBs Ryan Torain, Mewelde Moore, and Kregg Lumpkin on Tuesday. It's the first sign of interest in Torain that we've seen since the Redskins waived him in December of 2011. The workouts seem to suggest the Giants have at least mild concern about Ahmad Bradshaw's (neck) availability for Week 12 after the bye. Nov 15 - 1:38 PM

looks like these guys have been worked out recently.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #197
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,522

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Either would be good.

Addai would be the best one probably...he already is familiar with Manning. Torain is a tough inside runner and could replace that aspect of Magahee's game.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #198
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,354

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Hillman doesn't deserve 15 carries a game. He's gotten his shot and hasnt shown lick.. He doesnt make guys miss. As long as Ball picks up his assignments we'll be fine with him getting 15 carries and letting KM and Hillman split the other 10.
^ Are you serious? Putting the majority in the care of Ball? Heck no! Just watch how Moreno runs away with the job unless he gets injured... which is really his biggest problem. I have no doubt that for the first time KM will have an OL that will not get pushed back at the line of scrimmage 80% of the time. Now it's up to him to take advantage of the situation of Manning being the defense main problem. He will have his chance... it's up to him to not let his career fizzle down the drain.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #199
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,657

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
^ Are you serious? Putting the majority in the care of Ball? Heck no! Just watch how Moreno runs away with the job unless he gets injured... which is really his biggest problem. I have no doubt that for the first time KM will have an OL that will not get pushed back at the line of scrimmage 80% of the time. Now it's up to him to take advantage of the situation of Manning being the defense main problem. He will have his chance... it's up to him to not let his career fizzle down the drain.
It's funny how much he hates McGahee for fumbling yet is OK with Ball fumbling after 9 touches last week.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #200
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer
 
Lycan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,475
Default

If Ball is the starter we are screwed. That guy shouldn't even be on the roster, he fumbles, and he just flat out sucks.

Hillman should get half of the carries, the other half should be split among whoever else is dressed to play, be that Moreno, Ball, Slaton, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, Selvin Young, Reuben Droughns, Quentin Griffin, Olandis Gary, or whoever.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Denver Broncos