The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #26
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

True, but some of those good sized holes, a Ball or Moreno probably wouldn't have had the speed to get the edge and exploit the crease. Maybe they'd get 7 yards, instead of 17. A 190 (being generous) pound back, as young as Hillman isn't going to break a lot of tackles. I think a bigger issue is that he's thinking too much and it's effecting his vision. Developing that vision, along with putting on some muscle mass will determine if he becomes more than just a scat back. We'll see though. I'm definitely not ready to call him a bust.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #27
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I remember telling people that there must have been behind the scenes problems with Hillis and starting a riot here. Of course when the man-love-affair ended, we all saw this was exactly the case.

I'll say the same thing about Moreno at this point. He's clearly got enough talent to be utilized but yet the staff keeps him inactive. To me, this is a huge tell that something is going wrong with the kid beyond his on-field production. So the question is, will he flame out like Hillis or will he ever use some of that ability? I liked his chances to be a compliment to WM. But, like some have said, he doesn't have the staff's trust. We've seen this before.

That said, he should see touches this week if WM is out. Bottom line is, we all just need to pray that the MRI is clean because he's the most talented back we have by a mile despite the Orange Mane experts claiming otherwise.

It might be some of that, but he also had a major knee injury and clearly wasn't healthy in training camp and the start of the season. I think having other options have allowed them to be more patient with Moreno and save him for a spot like this weekend.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #28
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFiend View Post
There is a reason Moreno is still on the roster. He has been deactivated because he is not effective on THE team, but if McGahee is out, he will split carries with Hillman at a minimum.
Fixed it for you
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #29
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Hillman has been less than impressive. I say give Moreno the start.
He is too small to be an every down back. When he hits the crease outside he has the potential to take it to the house.

I would rather see them call JJ back if he is still available he is not flashy but he was a good one cut runner who is patient and trusts his blockers. Maybe his lack of blocking and ST's ability is giving KM some life even if it means he doesn't dress.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #30
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
It might be some of that, but he also had a major knee injury and clearly wasn't healthy in training camp and the start of the season. I think having other options have allowed them to be more patient with Moreno and save him for a spot like this weekend.
That's an optimistic view... and one I hope you're right about. Problem is, the staff loves Ball's utility-guy nature and Moreno isn't as fast as Hillman. So, if he gets touches in this game... he'd better make the most of them. I personally think he's got a nice skill-set. My problem with him has been that he can't stay on the field. Gets banged up way too easily.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #31
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misturanderson View Post
With how generally ineffective both Ball and Hillman have been, I don't see how they couldn't at least give Moreno a chance. If they are that worried about fumbles, McGahee would have been benched and so would Ball. Hell, half the team would be benched.
huh? I think Hillman's loooked pretty dang good. The kid can scat and is very elusive.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #32
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I remember telling people that there must have been behind the scenes problems with Hillis and starting a riot here. Of course when the man-love-affair ended, we all saw this was exactly the case.

I'll say the same thing about Moreno at this point. He's clearly got enough talent to be utilized but yet the staff keeps him inactive. To me, this is a huge tell that something is going wrong with the kid beyond his on-field production. So the question is, will he flame out like Hillis or will he ever use some of that ability? I liked his chances to be a compliment to WM. But, like some have said, he doesn't have the staff's trust. We've seen this before.

That said, he should see touches this week if WM is out. Bottom line is, we all just need to pray that the MRI is clean because he's the most talented back we have by a mile despite the Orange Mane experts claiming otherwise.
But can he pull a bus?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #33
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
huh? I think Hillman's loooked pretty dang good. The kid can scat and is very elusive.
What's your definition of elusive? Because I'm still waiting for the guy to make somebody miss in the open field.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #34
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
What's your definition of elusive? Because I'm still waiting for the guy to make somebody miss in the open field.
EXACTLY!! He has not shown anything yet. He has two big runs where there were huge holes. He has not run through a tackle or made anyone miss yet. Hopefully, it will come but I think right now Moreno is the better back and I would like Johnson to come off the practice squad and get a look.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #35
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
EXACTLY!! He has not shown anything yet. He has two big runs where there were huge holes. He has not run through a tackle or made anyone miss yet. Hopefully, it will come but I think right now Moreno is the better back and I would like Johnson to come off the practice squad and get a look.
You got to look at the positives, he doesn't trip over his own feet when he has those wide open lanes or run up his blockers backs.

Trying to run Hillman inside near the goalline or short yardage is sad. I would give Gronk a couple carries before I tried that again.

It was sad that Willis went down because the way he was running he would have had over 150 yards yesterday.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #36
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

both moreno and hillman are too fast to the "hole". macgh is a step slower and lets it develop and then hip hops his way through it. IMRO. if M&H kept their heads up, slowed down just a bit, and THEN when they see it EXPLODE through they might do better.
course I gave up NFL RB coaching so I could type this **** on my computer.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #37
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
both moreno and hillman are too fast to the "hole".
First, it's "moreno dances too much in the backfield and gets dropped for losses". Then, it's "he's too fast to the hole".

The Mane really needs to make its mind up.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #38
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
First, it's "moreno dances too much in the backfield and gets dropped for losses". Then, it's "he's too fast to the hole".

I am out of touch with todays society. Is the flavor today to see things in extremes. Either black or white with very little gray. I see it in politics and sports. What has happened to the middle ground view.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #39
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

I vote for option one "dancing withe the Stars" ......
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote