The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #26
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Eric Metcalf was a smaller PR fumbled 26 times. Glyn Milburn is about the same size as Holliday fumbled 15 times. Devin Hester fumbled 14 times his first three seasons. 6,5, and 3. He has 5 over the next 4 seasons. I'm sure he has bulked up some since his first few years in the NFL.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #27
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
That's not a penalty. There is no "halo rule" any more for punt returners.
Good call.

Here is the rule: No opponent may interfere with the fair catcher, the ball, or his path to the ball. Penalty: 15 yards from spot of foul and fair catch is awarded.

Why are so many NFL rules nebulous? I would consider standing a centimeter away from a guy interfering with the catch. How come you never see guys just get right up on a guy making a fair catch?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #28
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Yes I really believe when big guys hit little guys the ball comes out, just like you believe that the Saints are a bad football team.

Heh calling clueless republican a-holes..............Saints sucked ass first 4-5 weeks of the season. Get a clue moron, ask anybody you like.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #29
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Heh calling clueless republican a-holes..............Saints sucked ass first 4-5 weeks of the season. Get a clue moron, ask anybody you like.
You do know that I have never once talked politics ever on this board you dumbass? Seriously you are KCstud dumb.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #30
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Eric Metcalf was a smaller PR fumbled 26 times. Glyn Milburn is about the same size as Holliday fumbled 15 times. Devin Hester fumbled 14 times his first three seasons. 6,5, and 3. He has 5 over the next 4 seasons. I'm sure he has bulked up some since his first few years in the NFL.
I get your point but I don't buy it as an excuse. As a professional football player, you don't make excuses.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #31
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
I get this bothers people that the ball squirts out when he is down and all but lets be real he is the smallest person in the NFL. When those big guys fall on him the ball will squirt out like a lid coming off a toothpaste tube that is stepped on.

Great analogy. So your saying Holiday is like a bug, ready to get the juice squirted out of him? Never though of it that way. He has 6'2" 240 lb. dudes running down the field full-speed looking to truck him...and he is 5'5".

It's kinda like a 7th grader playing "squash the monkey" with a bunch of high-school Seniors.

Or like a pack of lions hunting a baby gazelle. Sometimes the gazelle gets away and runs back to the pack (Touchdown), and sometimes the gazelle gets ripped to shreds (ball comes out).
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #32
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I get your point but I don't buy it as an excuse. As a professional football player, you don't make excuses.
Well, you should buy it. The dude is only 5'5", 160 lbs., and did 10 bench reps. He is probably the smallest and weakest NFL player (by far).

It's like me, running full speed for 70 yards, and monster tackling my 15 year-old sister.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #33
Bacchus

Quote:
Yes I really believe when big guys hit little guys the ball comes out, just like you believe that the Saints are a bad football team.
If he fumbles because he is too small than he should not be playing football. I never saw Gerald McNeil or Glyn Milburn have fumble problems.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #34
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
If he fumbles because he is too small than he should not be playing football. I never saw Gerald McNeil or Glyn Milburn have fumble problems.
Then you didn't watch football. I already posted his fumble totals that he lost in his career returning punts.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #35
Bacchus

Quote:
Then you didn't watch football. I already posted his fumble totals that he lost in his career returning punts.
So what is your point? ALl I said that is if he fumbles because he is small than he should not be playing. I think he fumbles because he doesn't have good hands and gets nervous. Leonhard is 185 lbs and he hasn't fumbled all year. Size has nothing to do with it.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #36
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Well, you should buy it. The dude is only 5'5", 160 lbs., and did 10 bench reps. He is probably the smallest and weakest NFL player (by far).

It's like me, running full speed for 70 yards, and monster tackling my 15 year-old sister.
Your older sister can rep 225 10 times? That's impressive, can you rep 225 10 times? Putting up 225 10 times when you are 160 means you have tremendous power for a little person. Flip may have a small frame, but he is definitely strong for his size.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #37
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
So what is your point? ALl I said that is if he fumbles because he is small than he should not be playing. I think he fumbles because he doesn't have good hands and gets nervous. Leonhard is 185 lbs and he hasn't fumbled all year. Size has nothing to do with it.
So you didn't watch Glyn play then. Gotcha.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #38
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Your older sister can rep 225 10 times? That's impressive, can you rep 225 10 times? Putting up 225 10 times when you are 160 means you have tremendous power for a little person. Flip may have a small frame, but he is definitely strong for his size.
No, it's all relative.

I didn't say Flip wasn't strong. He's about half as strong, and 85 lbs. lighter, than most of the Special teams players trying to tackle him.

A gorilla is about 100 times stronger than me, but would get mac mauled by a lion.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #39
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
No, it's all relative.

I didn't say Flip wasn't strong. He's about half as strong, and 85 lbs. lighter, than most of the Special teams players trying to tackle him.

A gorilla is about 100 times stronger than me, but would get mac mauled by a lion.

How many NFL players do you know, who bench press 225 lbs. 10 times, or less? None? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #40
pricejj
jungle

Take for instance David Bruton (a lighter guy, by Special Teams standards).

Bruton is 6'2", 220 lbs., and could bench press 225 lbs. 19 times 4 years ago.

Bruton runs a 4.40. Do some E=mc^2 on that, and see what you got. Pretty much, a whole **** ton of force. Now consider that there are 9 other guys a split second away who are just as fierce.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #41
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Billy Johnson fumbled 24 times during his career. He was 170 pounds too.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #42
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Trindon won't be on the team very long if he can't hold on to the ball.
That would be a waste. The guy is young and with proper coaching his ball security should improve. On the other hand, you can't coach a guy to have that kind of natural athleticism and speed, no matter how hard you try.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #43
Agamemnon

Quote:
No, it's all relative.
Because of the claws and teeth, not because of strength. And honestly I'd bet a lion would look for easier prey before going after a male silverback.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 11-19-2012 at 04:29 PM..
Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #44
TNF
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He is like boning a skank at a bar without a condom, you know either something good or something real bad is going to happen.
I was married to a skank. There was a good side and a bad side.
TNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #45
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
It is going to be an issue when he is down but it isn't conclusive in a replay.
Bingo
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #46
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

I'm gonna like the guy right up to when he fumbles away the ball setting up the winning score for the NFC team in the Super Bowl.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #47
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No, it's all relative.

How many NFL players do you know, who bench press 225 lbs. 10 times, or less? None? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Hmmmm, idk. I think a full size gorilla may be able to take a lion.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #48
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
he also gets paid to not have that happen
An amazing concept that slobber fans will never get.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #49
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

I really like Holiday, but sheesh.. he really really needs to hold onto the ball. I hold my breath every time he catches it.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote