The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #126
fwf

We can audition everyone next week in the 2nd half when we're up 30. Lets dress like 5 RB's and give them all a series. We could even try out Virgil Green or and Jim Leonhard back there.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #127
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It's pretty much a dead issue though cause its going to be Moreno. Now if one of these 3 backs go down then it will be
Not mad. Knowshon tries hard. He can become a hero if he succeeds.

Looking forward to see the reaction from Hillman, Ball, and Moreno. This could be what it takes for Hillman to snap out of his rookie daze. Your only as good as your NEXT MAN UP!

...would be sweet if McGahee is only out 4 weeks.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #128
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I think it will clearly be Knowshon as the lead back now.

There was no reason for us to keep him rostered except as pure depth to McGahee. Hillman is the change of pace back and Ball plays special teams, which is the only reason he's been active and Moreno has not been. If Moreno wasn't the direct backup to McGahee, then we would not have kept him.

I'm grabbing him in my fantasy league. We have a cupcake run defense schedule in the fantasy playoffs, and I think Moreno will be the lead back, with Hillman and Ball keeping the exact same roles they have now.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #129
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Well, this is why Moreno wasn't traded/cut. Adding another back from the street for depth is due diligence but you'd have to think Moreno is in a better to position to be productive than, say, Steve Slaton.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #130
Navy Broncos Fan

After sitting out most of the season Moreno has fresh legs and something to prove. I'm betting he runs well.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #131
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Did he quit or get cut?
He quit on them in the middle of a conditioning test per report.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #132
fwf

Why is everyone so sure Moreno is going to play alot? How do you go from street cloths to number 1 back in a week? The more likely scenario is Hillman will start next week,, the offense will sputter a bit because Hillman stinks,, then Ball will come in and finish with around 14-16 carries. I predict maybe 3 carries for Moreno. How do we know Johnson wont dress instead of Moreno. The fact is.. you dont.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #133
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Why is everyone so sure Moreno is going to play alot? How do you go from street cloths to number 1 back in a week? The more likely scenario is Hillman will start next week,, the offense will sputter a bit because Hillman stinks,, then Ball will come in and finish with around 14-16 carries. I predict maybe 3 carries for Moreno. How do we know Johnson wont dress instead of Moreno. The fact is.. you dont.
One thing we do know... You should be the last person telling someone they dont know something.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #134
Bronco Yoda

I'm betting Moreno will do fine. He knows the playbook and has fresh legs. This is why he was kept. This is his chance to redeem himself. What a golden opportunity. Good luck KM. Don't blow it!
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #135
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

From the forgotten confines of the inactive list...an unlikely hero emerged.

Coming off an ACL injury, from the previous year, #27 bided his time. Waiting to be called on, the 4-year Pro finally got his chance...

Ride Broncos....RIDE!!!

Old 11-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #136
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Ouch. This one hurts!
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #137
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
Ouch. This one hurts!
Who is this girl you have chosen for your avatar sir?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #138
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
One thing we do know... You should be the last person telling someone they dont know something.
this ^ I really think letting this guy post is way better then banning him.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #139
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
I am calling it now... We will be singing knoshawn praises here in a few weeks. Peyton Manning effect. Little known
Ya right.

He could have 150 combined rushing and receiving yards and a TD or two every game and people would find fault with him, saying he left yards on the field, got gassed after every long run, celebrated too much, didn't get as much as McGahee would've gotten, only got his yards in garbage time.....something. Anything to discredit what he's done.

Just look at how fast the Hillman fan boys already turned on HIM, and it's only been a few games with very few carries per game for him. It's pretty comical.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #140
AKBroncofan

Not good news. Hope he's back for the playoffs. Moreno is not the answer for sure.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #141
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Bean if he can produce 150 a game we will be just fine
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #142
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Probably cause the starting RB went down. Hillman won't carry the load a starting RB. Even if he's starting. There will be NO clear starter. Have you not watched at all this year? People were complaining there was NO run game before Mcgahee got hurt. You seem hell bent on pointing out your negative opinion about this entire team. They are averaging 30 points a game with a average at best run game this year. That should tell you something.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #143
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Bingo.
That means the FO has a real problem with slowshon, and needs warm bodies for depth.
Something your seriously struggling to accept.

Here comes the stats in 3..2..1..
If that were true he would have been cut long ago. Roster spots are too precious to keep a player you have no intention of ever using. He will be active and he will play.

Bring RBs in is just due diligence. Doubt the sign one and if they do sign someone you can bet it will be a heavy hitter like Willis.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #144
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Who is this girl you have chosen for your avatar sir?
Alexandra Daddario
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #145
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Moreno has been with the team the whole season, not in street clothes. He's been to practice and the film room all season. So that's why he's the most likely back to get most of the carries and it doesn't alter the game plan too much.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #146
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
The Skins released Ryan Grant a few weeks ago.
If Turner couldn't get something out of him I wouldn't ever spring for the cost of an airline ticket.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #147
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Here is the conundrum:
1. They are hoping McGahee will only be out 4-6 weeks
2. "Temporary" IR designation is no longer applicable
3. To sign a Free Agent, a currently active player would need to be cut
4. The only possible guys they could cut would be Knowshon Moreno or Julius Thomas (that I an see).
5. Don't think that's going to happen

It all comes down to who you think is more valuable...Joseph Addai or Knowshon Moreno. It's going to be a tough call...but if they were going to drop Knowshon for Addai, they would have done it at the start of the season. Fox and Co. aren't into mid-season roster shake-ups. A part of me thinks Addai is better...but something is obviously going on with him, or he would be on a team already.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #148
fwf

Quote:
You seem hell bent on pointing out your negative opinion about this entire team.
Simply not true. I only rag on the run game/McGahee and the people on here who think in terms of fantasy i.e lets just play the big name and never question the performance of a veteran.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #149
fwf

Quote:
Probably cause the starting RB went down. Hillman won't carry the load a starting RB. Even if he's starting. There will be NO clear starter. Have you not watched at all this year? People were complaining there was NO run game before Mcgahee got hurt. You seem hell bent on pointing out your negative opinion about this entire team. They are averaging 30 points a game with a average at best run game this year. That should tell you something.
So 30 is fine and we shouldnt try and improve? Do you understand that our QB is having one of if not the best season ever by a QB? Do you understand that we're only going to have him for a few seasons? I want a Lombardi this year.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #150
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
So 30 is fine and we shouldnt try and improve? Do you understand that our QB is having one of if not the best season ever by a QB? Do you understand that we're only going to have him for a few seasons? I want a Lombardi this year.
You of all people should be thrilled about this. It gives you the prefect chance to start another fake thread with crap info about the new RB Denver is going to sign off the street.