The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #26
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Slowshon will be hurt before we know it. We need a vet back anyways.
Is it that hard to just support the guy? I am not a fan, but he's a Bronco and potentially the next man up.

How about we root for him to succeed instead of expecting him to fail?

Good lord.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #27
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
You really believe this?

Moreno has at least been a starting running back at some point in his career. Do you really think Ball has the talent to be an 80 yard per game rusher? I'm afraid he's not going to be our next Reuben Droughns. Moreno is a much better option, and the fact tha McGahee has been fumbling will lower expectations (sadly).

Ball seems like a great guy, he really does, but he has never shown he is ready to be a starting running back.
It doesn't matter what you think Moreno can do. The coaches dont agree with you. He doesnt even dress man. Assuming he's not hurt, this is all the proof we need. They dont think much of him. They didnt draft him. You guys live in la la land. You really think Moreno will come out next week and get 20 carries? Fox doesnt care what he's done in the past or how high he was drafted. He cares about how you look in practice this week. He may get a few carries and if he looks good he may get a few more, but as of right now I think Ball takes McGahee's spot and its status quo.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #28
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Against KC is absolutely the best game to see what KM can bring now that he has had a chance to watch games in street cloths. They should give him Bell's cell phone number so he can ask him if there is any difference between playing in the NFL and working in a Kiosk.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #29
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Is it that hard to just support the guy? I am not a fan, but he's a Bronco and potentially the next man up.

How about we root for him to succeed instead of expecting him to fail?

Good lord.
I've seen enough from the got I don't expect much. He lost me dancing against Raiders in that abortion of a game.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #30
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Tim Tebow says "hi"
I said overnight. Tebow was #2 when he took over.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #31
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Moreno is better in pass protection than any of the backs we have.
I thought he was great on one play and whiffed on another. Seems the book on him was he was not consistent but I am not sure about that.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #32
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

At this point, any guy you sign off of the street isn't going to be ready against the Chefs. I think you start Hillman, and give him 10-12 carries to see if he can get into a rhythm and see if the additional reps help the game to start to slow down for him. The problem though is that it seems to me like he still struggles with the protections and with where to lineup when PFM audibles. Start Hillman, and use Moreno as the 3rd Down back, with Ball as the "power" back. Just glad we've got a relatively easy schedule down the stretch.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #33
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
It doesn't matter what you think Moreno can do. The coaches dont agree with you. He doesnt even dress man. Assuming he's not hurt, this is all the proof we need. They dont think much of him. They didnt draft him. You guys live in la la land. You really think Moreno will come out next week and get 20 carries? Fox doesnt care what he's done in the past or how high he was drafted. He cares about how you look in practice this week. He may get a few carries and if he looks good he may get a few more, but as of right now I think Ball takes McGahee's spot and its status quo.
Man you are an idiot. If Ball was so good why did he get replaced by a rookie too. You have been wrong a bunch of times up and down these threads. That's why everyone thinks you are just a troll. Only trolls keep coming back for more after being wrong so many times. The others just disappear.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #34
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I don't know what to think about Moreno at this point. Dude was trying to play RB with a knee brace on, something I've never seen from an RB before. Maybe the rest time has done him some good.

It's not like Hillman has been producing mightily, nor Ball, so it would be nice to see Moreno produce. Holliday I guess is the 4th string RB.
Maybe this will turn out to be like the WW situation. He just might surprise everyone and play lights out just like WW is doing.

Note; I want to go on record that I never gave up on Knowshon Morano.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #35
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
NFL coaches have never been wrong about anything.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #36
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
"Knowshon Saves Broncos Superbowl Run!!"

Ya know, it's a good idea to have your fingers on the laces, Knowshon . . .
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #37
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Maybe this will turn out to be like the WW situation. He just might surprise everyone and play lights out just like WW is doing.

I want to go on record and say I did.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #38
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
NFL coaches have never been wrong about anything.
ever
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #39
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
It's encouraging that you don't think much of him. That means he will be great.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #40
Drunken.Broncoholic

It's not out of the ordinary to see someone lose their job in sports, sit on the bench, then come back with a better passion for the game.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #41
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:

Are you sauced?
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #42
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
It's encouraging that you don't think much of him. That means he will be great.
This right here all day long.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #43
pricejj
jungle

McGahee has only gotten over 66 yards three times this year...against the Falcons (26th against the run), Raiders (23rd against the run), and Saints (32nd against the run).

The Broncos can overcome this, and it couldn't have came at a better time.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #44
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I want to go on record and say I did.
I also want to go on record and say i did as well.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #45
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It's not out of the ordinary to see someone lose their job in sports, sit on the bench, then come back with a better passion for the game.
That's what we're hoping for. Also he was coming off an ACL last November I believe. Gotta hope for the best.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #46
DENVERDUI55

I suspect the carries to be split between all three of them. Ride the hottest bum will be method of attack.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #47
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #48
fwf

So lets hear why Moreno should get more carries then Ball. Seriously.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #49
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
When is deangelo going to report?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #50
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post

A big THIS