The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #51
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Bingo. That "indictment" was already out there.

By looking for someone new now, instead of just looking to give the current guys (Ball and Hillman) more reps, is more of an indictment on the guys currently carrying the ball than someone who was already relegated to the doghouse.
Bingo.
That means the FO has a real problem with slowshon, and needs warm bodies for depth.
Something your seriously struggling to accept.

Here comes the stats in 3..2..1..
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #52
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,103
Default

This sucks but as long as we have Peyton and a the #6 rated defense we will be fine.

In the meantime let the Ronnie Hillman show begin.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #53
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,339

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
This sucks but as long as we have Peyton and a the #6 rated defense we will be fine.

In the meantime let the Ronnie Hillman show begin.

It HAS begun...It's a dance exhibition replete with lots of falling down upon first contact.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #54
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Something your seriously struggling to accept.
I'm not sure how you could come to this conclusion. Struggling to accept what?

I've accepted where he's at with the team. I may not know why he's there exactly, because it cannot be based solely on what we've seen of him on the field, but I've accepted it and made that clear several times.

The haters are the ones who can't move on. They're the ones who constantly attack him and practically blame everything wrong with our running game on him, even though he's not out there, while I sit back and laugh.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #55
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
actually it has nothing to do with confidence in KM. It has to do with healthy bodies. Right now only Hillman and Ball are active, hence we need to stash another RB on the inactive list just in case one of ours goes dumb.

Damn... wish folks around here would just leave the blind hate! Like it or not, our running game right now depends of Moreno, Ball and Hillis. The last 2 I mentioned are not remotely close to being capable starting backs in this league... just not right now in Hillman's case. Thinking a street agent is going to get touches over Moreno right now is pretty delusional. Or do you want a street free agent to mess up on a protection call and get PM injured? Yeah... though so!
Hillis Baby! Good call. Now we just gotta get the battle toad to cut him outright.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #56
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,207

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
It HAS begun...It's a dance exhibition replete with lots of falling down upon first contact.
Yeah. Almost reminds me of Tatum "Tinker" Bell. I swear that guy ran with his eyes closed.....running right into the backs of the o-linemen constantly.

Hillman isn't tough enough (right now) to be a run-between-the-tackles back.

I'd like to see the slot filled by Jerimiah Johnson. But who other than Steve Slaton can we bring in for a tryout?

Slaton had almost 1,300 yards as a rookie in 2008.....then did crap ever since.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #57
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Well they better bring in someone else. Cause hillman Moreno and ball aren't gonna get it done.


Preferably one who doesn't have fumblitus

+1 to all of that.................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #58
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan
 
PFM / Kopitar

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 5,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
Honestly, Moreno sucks at RB. He is impatient, has no vision, can't read blocks, and fumbles. Jeremiah Johnson has a good skillset and is underrated. If his blocking improved then he should get the bulk of the carries.

I think this may be the biggest reason he's not out there. In preseason he struggled with blocking in the backfield. You saw Ball pick up a key block on a TD play. They dont want defenders running free at PM because of a MA. We could sure use PH right about now..
cabronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #59
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabronco View Post
I think this may be the biggest reason he's not out there. In preseason he struggled with blocking in the backfield. You saw Ball pick up a key block on a TD play. They dont want defenders running free at PM because of a MA. We could sure use PH right about now..
Lance Ball is literally one of the best run blocking RBs I've seen. I didn't realize this till the Chargers game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #60
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'm not sure how you could come to this conclusion. Struggling to accept what?

I've accepted where he's at with the team. I may not know why he's there exactly, because it cannot be based solely on what we've seen of him on the field, but I've accepted it and made that clear several times.

The haters are the ones who can't move on. They're the ones who constantly attack him and practically blame everything wrong with our running game on him, even though he's not out there, while I sit back and laugh.
No one here hates slowshon.
Many just understand that hes a punk off the field and he sucks on the field.
Thats it.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #61
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

The Skins released Ryan Grant a few weeks ago.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #62
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,207

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Lance Ball is literally one of the best run blocking RBs I've seen. I didn't realize this till the Chargers game.
I'll assume you meant one of the best PASS blocking RB's.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #63
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,706

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
I'll assume you meant one of the best PASS blocking RB's.
he blocks us from having a good running game maybe
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #64
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
The Skins released Ryan Grant a few weeks ago.
There was reason for that, and because he is done.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #65
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,174
Default

Tim Hightower, Steve Slaton, Joseph Addai, Ryan Grant, Ryan Torain, Thomas Jones, Cadillac Williams... These are the some of the off the street options... a collection has beens and unknowns. Addai may not have much left but he'd be able to pick up the pass blocking schemes quickly.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #66
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,083

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
They REALLY don't have any confidence in Moreno, if they are working out RBs. Nice drafting job, McDaniels....
that is what I thought. Why don't they just cut him?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #67
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
I'll assume you meant one of the best PASS blocking RB's.
Yes that's what I meant. I know everyone saw it to.

He just doesn't block a rusher, but he stands them up and doesn't give up any ground when blocking.

Matter of fact, after watching him block it's clear why the team likes him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #68
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

McGahee won't need surgery...

They also said it could be as early as 4 weeks but 6-8 weeks is likely.

Broncos can still use the IR with a designated return option...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #69
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Yeah. Almost reminds me of Tatum "Tinker" Bell. I swear that guy ran with his eyes closed.....running right into the backs of the o-linemen constantly.

Hillman isn't tough enough (right now) to be a run-between-the-tackles back.

I'd like to see the slot filled by Jerimiah Johnson. But who other than Steve Slaton can we bring in for a tryout?

Slaton had almost 1,300 yards as a rookie in 2008.....then did crap ever since.
What happened to the Oman dude from preseason?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #70
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,207

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
McGahee won't need surgery...

They also said it could be as early as 4 weeks but 6-8 weeks is likely.

Broncos can still use the IR with a designated return option...
Interesting.....I thought that time had passed. At least that will allow us to sign a FA RB (or move JJ up from PS) without having to cut a different player on the roster.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #71
ppablo
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamChowdah View Post
How's Gronk doing?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #72
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,357

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
What happened to the Oman dude from preseason?
On SanFran PS, I believe. So I think we can snag him if we put him on active roster, but that would be odd considering we already chose Johnson over him in the offseason.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #73
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
McGahee won't need surgery...

They also said it could be as early as 4 weeks but 6-8 weeks is likely.

Broncos can still use the IR with a designated return option...
No they can't that IR w/ return doesn't allow return in the playoffs and he won't be healthy before then.

He has a torn MCL and a broken leg I think 7-8 weeks is more realistic. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on IR.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #74
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

It is too damn bad the slate of RBs to draft this year blows the big one.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #75
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
On SanFran PS, I believe. So I think we can snag him if we put him on active roster, but that would be odd considering we already chose Johnson over him in the offseason.
I believe he is still on the street, or least that what wiki states......
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Denver Broncos