The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #26
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Today was probably the last time he'll coach against the Broncos as a Chargers coach.

I hope he coaches another 6 years! Long Live Norv!!!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #27
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
What about AJ Smith?
Well, Norv is dead man walking. AJ is a little tougher. Not so sure what will happen to him yet. (I think they'll both be gone)

There's really no point in firing a GM in the middle of the season.

But there's absolutely no reason to keep Norv a single day longer. Spanos should man up for one day in his life and give the Charger fans something to cheer about this year.

He won't though...
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #28
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Well, Norv is dead man walking. AJ is a little tougher. Not so sure what will happen to him yet. (I think they'll both be gone)

But there's absolutely no reason to keep Norv a single day longer. Spanos should man up for one day in his life and give the Charger fans something to cheer about this year.

He won't though...
I may be wrong, but if Spanos is hanging on to Norv for the rest of the year, that signals to me that he is going to completely clean house. That way the new GM gets to make his own selection.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #29
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

We already lost Al Davis with the Faid. They will improve. Bolt need to keep Norv to keep them at .500 for the rest of his time there.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #30
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
I may be wrong, but if Spanos is hanging on to Norv for the rest of the year, that signals to me that he is going to completely clean house. That way the new GM gets to make his own selection.
That would be the logical way to do it. Not sure Spanos is..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #31
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
This is how it should be run. Andy Reid in SD.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #32
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

The problem with the Chargers is not all Norv, look at all the talent Smith let get away. I mean how do you let a player like Sproles or Jackson walk? And there is a long list of others.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #33
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The problem with the Chargers is not all Norv, look at all the talent Smith let get away. I mean how do you let a player like Sproles or Jackson walk? And there is a long list of others.
You are absolutely right, but it is very possible that AJ did not pay those players simply because Spanos told him not to. We all know how cheap he is. In other words, if AJ keeps his job after the supposed "house cleaning", then we know he is only following the owner's mandate.

Don't laugh, Elgin Baylor somehow kept his job as GM of the Clippers for 22 years of overseeing the sorriest team in basketball. Why? Apparently, because he made the cheap owner a lot of money by doing what he was told, and getting rid of players that demanded big contracts.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:06 AM   #34
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
I love Norv, SD played great, he deserves an extention.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:28 AM   #35
uplink
Ring of Famer

The interesting question is who will Norv be the offensive coordinator for next year. There is virtually no chance he comes back to SD IMO. I'd say he works for a team with a defensive head coach who lost his offensive coordinator (hired as a head coach).

Looking around the league, how about Norv the broncos new offensive coordinator next year? He would be in demand and the top o-coordinators like to pick teams with an elite QB. NE may loose McDaniels but I don't see Norv fitting into the patriots way thing, they seem to like to hire guys groomed by Belichick.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #36
Agamemnon

Quote:
I don't see JDR leaving unless it is for a good organization, not for one that is rebuilding like the chefs.
Really depends on how much he wants to be a head coach again, which, of course, is a mystery. He'd be stupid to rush back into it though.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:51 AM   #37
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The other question in the AFCW is, does Romeo make it to the end of the season?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:46 AM   #38
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:

He won't though...
They will all be gone when SD bolts for LA in 2 years anyways, and thats all the spanos family cares about now.
They will make a huge chunk of change selling the team then, so hiring and firing to them is all just a big waste of time. They never cared, and now they really dont care.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #39
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
The interesting question is who will Norv be the offensive coordinator for next year. There is virtually no chance he comes back to SD IMO. I'd say he works for a team with a defensive head coach who lost his offensive coordinator (hired as a head coach).

Looking around the league, how about Norv the broncos new offensive coordinator next year? He would be in demand and the top o-coordinators like to pick teams with an elite QB. NE may loose McDaniels but I don't see Norv fitting into the patriots way thing, they seem to like to hire guys groomed by Belichick.
I don't think he would fit in with Manning. He would not be willing to give Manning so much leeway with changing the plays IMO.

Best case scenario would be McCoy stays for the SB runs. Next i would like to see Adam Gase get promoted if McCoy leaves.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #40
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
NE may loose McDaniels but I don't see Norv fitting into the patriots way thing, they seem to like to hire guys groomed by Belichick.
McDaniels isn't going anywhere. Belichick has already told him that he is only allowed to go to the Giants once Coughlin retires, so he can go and destroy them as revenge for their last two SBs.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #41
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
They will all be gone when SD bolts for LA in 2 years anyways, and thats all the spanos family cares about now.
They will make a huge chunk of change selling the team then, so hiring and firing to them is all just a big waste of time. They never cared, and now they really dont care.
Will they move to LA? Possibly. The economic climate here is bad and the local government doesn't seem to give a crap about building a stadium.

But they're not selling the team so your post makes ZERO sense.

There's a whole line of Spanos' that are involved in the football operations. They're keeping ownership in the family.

Last edited by boltaneer; 11-19-2012 at 10:27 AM..
Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #42
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Boltaneer, you need a new avatar. Isn't that from 2008?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #43
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Spanos doesn't have the nads to fire him tomorrow.

He'll last until the end of the year.
Do they have someone on staff they could replace him with that could fire up the team and eek out 2 more wins this year? If not might as well sweat out the last 6 games. It is not like the SD fans care.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #44
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
I think you all you should read into that is that Spanos is cheap. If he fires Norv he is still going to be on the hook for his salary and most likely will promote his special teams coach to head coach which means he gets a salary adjustment and they would need to bump someone else up to special teams coach who could also get a salary adjustment. By keeping Norv around they save some dough.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #45
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Will they move to LA? Possibly. The economic climate here is bad and the local government doesn't seem to give a crap about building a stadium.

But they're not selling the team so your post makes ZERO sense.

There's a whole line of Spanos' that are involved in the football operations. They're keeping ownership in the family.
WRONG.
The Spanos will sell. They stand to make a boat load of money when the team leaves for LA and the new stadium, however, they will make nothing unless they sell.
Thats the deal. Sell and make alot of money, dont sell, and piss off into even further obscurity as a homeless team.
The spanos will not be in LA, and the city council has already made it abundantly clear to them. The spanos will play ball.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #46
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
WRONG.
The Spanos will sell. They stand to make a boat load of money when the team leaves for LA and the new stadium, however, they will make nothing unless they sell.
Thats the deal. Sell and make alot of money, dont sell, and piss off into even further obscurity as a homeless team.
The spanos will not be in LA, and the city council has already made it abundantly clear to them. The spanos will play ball.
You forget that AEG (which owns Staples/LA Live etc) is currently trying to sell all their assets, which makes the Downtown stadium deal and a team in LA even murkier.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #47
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
WRONG.
Thats the deal.
Sell and make alot of money, dont sell, and piss off into even further obscurity as a homeless team.
Yeah, NFL owners don't make any money in a multi-billion dollar business.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #48
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, NFL owners don't make any money in a multi-billion dollar business.
Not if they are told that part of making that money is selling off the team.
Just wait. Your favorite little losers will be sold off at a monster price, and they will be 1 of 2 teams in LA, making gobs of money for a new owner.
And the Spanos will ride off into the sunset with gobs of money themselves, after years of clowning their fans and selling them all right down the tijuana river.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #49
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

There's one reason the owners fought so hard not to show their books during the whole CBA thing.

And it's pretty easy to figure out why.