The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #51
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Willis is one player we can ill afford to lose.

We don't have a player that can bring what he does, not even close.
We can always draft Sam Gordon.......

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #52
troya900
Ring of Famer

Well its as perfect timing if there ever was. Morena can come in and have her once-a-year good game against the chefs.
troya900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #53
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

McGahee ran a 4.28 at Miami, and was timed at a 4.45 average coming into the league.
You don't think he runs that fast now do you? I don't agree with a thing he says but, lets be real McGahee speed has faded.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #54
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
We can always draft Sam Gordon.......

She's the female Duke Johnson....awesome
Old 11-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #55
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
The Broncos running game was going well until McGahee went down. After that, running was a struggle. If McGahee is out, then Denver will need to find a running back to add to their roster, or activate Know-Show. Please not the latter!
Hillman and Ball combined for 78 yards on 18 carries....4.3 per carry....and keep in mind on the last 3 carries the Chargers knew we were gonna run it and had 9 in the box....

While i agree we need to find a franchise RB next season, we gotta go into battle with the ones we got. Ball and Hillman and Moreno (if McGahee is out) will hopefully be good enough to make teams respect the run game.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #56
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
She's the female Duke Johnson....awesome
she's good, but she's nowhere near as good as Becky "Icebox" O'Shea out of Urbania.....

Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #57
Action

Dumervil thread 2.0
Old 11-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #58
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

I don't understand the folks that watch these games and conclude that McGahee is an average or below average back...he's freaking awesome in this offense...He doesn't have the game breaking speed, no doubt, but this offense doesn't need its RB to be the game breaker...what he does bring that Hilman and Ball do not is outstanding vision, peerless patience with the blocking, and heavy, heavy pads when its time to go down...it's not that his average gain is so much better than our alternative, its that his variance is so much lower...when he always gets 3-5, it forces the backers and safeties to adjust and then they lose...conversely, a 12 yard run is great, but if it is followed by a 3 yard loss, you are looking at throwing into coverage for the next tow downs...Willis isn't sexy, but he's really good at both blocking and running in this single back set offense...much better than our backups...I hope he isn't hurt badly and is back soon.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #59
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
I don't understand the folks that watch these games and conclude that McGahee is an average or below average back...he's freaking awesome in this offense...He doesn't have the game breaking speed, no doubt, but this offense doesn't need its RB to be the game breaker...what he does bring that Hilman and Ball do not is outstanding vision, peerless patience with the blocking, and heavy, heavy pads when its time to go down...it's not that his average gain is so much better than our alternative, its that his variance is so much lower...when he always gets 3-5, it forces the backers and safeties to adjust and then they lose...conversely, a 12 yard run is great, but if it is followed by a 3 yard loss, you are looking at throwing into coverage for the next tow downs...Willis isn't sexy, but he's really good at both blocking and running in this single back set offense...much better than our backups...I hope he isn't hurt badly and is back soon.
Good points but he needs to address the fumbles obviously. That's my only concern with him.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #60
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You don't think he runs that fast now do you? I don't agree with a thing he says but, lets be real McGahee speed has faded.
I bet McGahee still runs in the 4.4's no problem. He's a top 12 NFL RB. Without him, this team goes nowhere.

People talking stuff about him are freaking clueless. He has dropped the rock a couple times early in the year, and now teams are cueing in on all the Broncos Offensive players trying to strip the ball. It's their only chance to win. That's why you keep seeing fumbles.

McGahee is on pace for about 1200 yards this year...meanwhile none of our other RB's can pick up a 1st down.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #61
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

He was very effective Sunday against the #2 (at the time) defense against the run.

55 yards on 7 carries is almost 8 yards a carry. Who wouldn't take that?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #62
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
I bet McGahee still runs in the 4.4's no problem. He's a top 12 NFL RB. Without him, this team goes nowhere.

People talking stuff about him are freaking clueless. He has dropped the rock a couple times early in the year, and now teams are cueing in on all the Broncos Offensive players trying to strip the ball. It's their only chance to win. That's why you keep seeing fumbles.

McGahee is on pace for about 1200 yards this year...meanwhile none of our other RB's can pick up a 1st down.
I agree

Without Kuper and Willis this offense will struggle in postseason.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #63
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Good post and incitful.

If you go back to any of their runs and for that matter Trindons they are grabbing at the arms on them all..

fox might want to start having them carry the ball wherever they go at Dove valley. See who can bring him their balls.

Worked on any team I was on the ball carriers all became better at holding on to it.

Once saw a female tennis player take a ball to the coach, guess which RB did not play that week. Never happened again. She was that good an athlete he tried to recruit her. She wound up a state tennis champion.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #64
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Good post and incitful.

If you go back to any of their runs and for that matter Trindons they are grabbing at the arms on them all..

fox might want to start having them carry the ball wherever they go at Dove valley. See who can bring him their balls.

Worked on any team I was on the ball carriers all became better at holding on to it.

Once saw a female tennis player take a ball to the coach, guess which RB did not play that week. Never happened again. She was that good an athlete he tried to recruit her. She wound up a state tennis champion.
Mock reincarnated?
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #65
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Hillman and Ball combined for 78 yards on 18 carries....4.3 per carry....and keep in mind on the last 3 carries the Chargers knew we were gonna run it and had 9 in the box....

Yep and Ball chucked and out ran a few defenders along the way. When's the last time McGahee has ran away from anyone?

The people who are defending McGahee are probably the same people who were on Tebow's nuts last year. We shouldnt make allegiances to the players, only the jersey
Old 11-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #66
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
Mock reincarnated?
Do not insult Mock ever again.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #67
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Yep and Ball chucked and out ran a few defenders along the way. When's the last time McGahee has ran away from anyone?

The people who are defending McGahee are probably the same people who were on Tebow's nuts last year. We shouldnt make allegiances to the players, only the jersey
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #68
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

Most of the knuckle heads have left but I see you decided to stay.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #69
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
No mention of fumbles?

Sorry, but its not difficult to find a back who can be successful in a Peyton Manning run offense. Why not find a player who's capable of taking it to the house and holding on to the ball. As well as grinding out the 3-4 yarders like Willis does do well. Theyre out there my friend.
We're limiting how great this team can be.
There's a reason Willis is only making 1million this season.
I like Mcgahee as a guy, but he's not an every down back anymore. And now with this knee injury, its time to see what else we have on the shelf
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #70
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Good post and incitful.

Every defender in the league is taught to go after the ball on every play. What are you saying?

What's in the water out there?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #71
fwf

Quote:
Most of the knuckle heads have left but I see you decided to stay.
We'll see my friend. Think of me, will you, in Jan when McGahee coughs it up in a big time situation.

Im not saying our backups are any kind of world beaters, but they atleast deserve an audition.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #72
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

FWF, what are your other accounts on the Mane?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #73
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
He was very effective Sunday against the #2 (at the time) defense against the run.

55 yards on 7 carries is almost 8 yards a carry. Who wouldn't take that?
What I always notice is that when Willis is in the game and the Broncos are running between the tackles, Willis is usually breaking through for the extra yards. Hillman and Ball always seem to get stopped about three or four yards short of where McGahee usually ends up. It's a noticeable difference. McGahee is the best RB on the team. By far.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #74
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
We'll see my friend. Think of me, will you, in Jan when McGahee coughs it up in a big time situation.

Im not saying our backups are any kind of world beaters, but they atleast deserve an audition.
Clearly the fumbling is a problem. Everyone agrees with that. Why you are singled out for criticism is the other stuff;

Fox is too conservative

Hillman is a bust.

McGahee is washed up and too slow.

Ball is better than McGahee.

J. Johnson is better than McGahee

That is why you get dumped on. You can be very troll like. That is why I asked you if you are a Bronco fan. You often make what looks like baiting statements.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #75
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
What I always notice is that when Willis is in the game and the Broncos are running between the tackles, Willis is usually breaking through for the extra yards. Hillman and Ball always seem to get stopped about three or four yards short of where McGahee usually ends up. It's a noticeable difference. McGahee is the best RB on the team. By far.
McGahee has power, vision and patience. That is why he can do those things you point out.

If KM had his vision and patience he'd be a solid back.