The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #51
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Willis is one player we can ill afford to lose.

We don't have a player that can bring what he does, not even close.
We can always draft Sam Gordon.......

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #52
troya900
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,149
Default

Well its as perfect timing if there ever was. Morena can come in and have her once-a-year good game against the chefs.
troya900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #53
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post


McGahee ran a 4.28 at Miami, and was timed at a 4.45 average coming into the league.
You don't think he runs that fast now do you? I don't agree with a thing he says but, lets be real McGahee speed has faded.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #54
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
We can always draft Sam Gordon.......

She's the female Duke Johnson....awesome
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #55
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
The Broncos running game was going well until McGahee went down. After that, running was a struggle. If McGahee is out, then Denver will need to find a running back to add to their roster, or activate Know-Show. Please not the latter!
Hillman and Ball combined for 78 yards on 18 carries....4.3 per carry....and keep in mind on the last 3 carries the Chargers knew we were gonna run it and had 9 in the box....

While i agree we need to find a franchise RB next season, we gotta go into battle with the ones we got. Ball and Hillman and Moreno (if McGahee is out) will hopefully be good enough to make teams respect the run game.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #56
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
She's the female Duke Johnson....awesome
she's good, but she's nowhere near as good as Becky "Icebox" O'Shea out of Urbania.....

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #57
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Dumervil thread 2.0
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #58
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Two weeks from everywhere
Posts: 1,207

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan
Default

I don't understand the folks that watch these games and conclude that McGahee is an average or below average back...he's freaking awesome in this offense...He doesn't have the game breaking speed, no doubt, but this offense doesn't need its RB to be the game breaker...what he does bring that Hilman and Ball do not is outstanding vision, peerless patience with the blocking, and heavy, heavy pads when its time to go down...it's not that his average gain is so much better than our alternative, its that his variance is so much lower...when he always gets 3-5, it forces the backers and safeties to adjust and then they lose...conversely, a 12 yard run is great, but if it is followed by a 3 yard loss, you are looking at throwing into coverage for the next tow downs...Willis isn't sexy, but he's really good at both blocking and running in this single back set offense...much better than our backups...I hope he isn't hurt badly and is back soon.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #59
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
I don't understand the folks that watch these games and conclude that McGahee is an average or below average back...he's freaking awesome in this offense...He doesn't have the game breaking speed, no doubt, but this offense doesn't need its RB to be the game breaker...what he does bring that Hilman and Ball do not is outstanding vision, peerless patience with the blocking, and heavy, heavy pads when its time to go down...it's not that his average gain is so much better than our alternative, its that his variance is so much lower...when he always gets 3-5, it forces the backers and safeties to adjust and then they lose...conversely, a 12 yard run is great, but if it is followed by a 3 yard loss, you are looking at throwing into coverage for the next tow downs...Willis isn't sexy, but he's really good at both blocking and running in this single back set offense...much better than our backups...I hope he isn't hurt badly and is back soon.
Good points but he needs to address the fumbles obviously. That's my only concern with him.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #60
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You don't think he runs that fast now do you? I don't agree with a thing he says but, lets be real McGahee speed has faded.
I bet McGahee still runs in the 4.4's no problem. He's a top 12 NFL RB. Without him, this team goes nowhere.

People talking stuff about him are freaking clueless. He has dropped the rock a couple times early in the year, and now teams are cueing in on all the Broncos Offensive players trying to strip the ball. It's their only chance to win. That's why you keep seeing fumbles.

McGahee is on pace for about 1200 yards this year...meanwhile none of our other RB's can pick up a 1st down.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #61
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

He was very effective Sunday against the #2 (at the time) defense against the run.

55 yards on 7 carries is almost 8 yards a carry. Who wouldn't take that?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #62
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I bet McGahee still runs in the 4.4's no problem. He's a top 12 NFL RB. Without him, this team goes nowhere.

People talking stuff about him are freaking clueless. He has dropped the rock a couple times early in the year, and now teams are cueing in on all the Broncos Offensive players trying to strip the ball. It's their only chance to win. That's why you keep seeing fumbles.

McGahee is on pace for about 1200 yards this year...meanwhile none of our other RB's can pick up a 1st down.
I agree

Without Kuper and Willis this offense will struggle in postseason.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #63
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I bet McGahee still runs in the 4.4's no problem. He's a top 12 NFL RB. Without him, this team goes nowhere.

People talking stuff about him are freaking clueless. He has dropped the rock a couple times early in the year, and now teams are cueing in on all the Broncos Offensive players trying to strip the ball. It's their only chance to win. That's why you keep seeing fumbles.

McGahee is on pace for about 1200 yards this year...meanwhile none of our other RB's can pick up a 1st down.
Good post and incitful.

If you go back to any of their runs and for that matter Trindons they are grabbing at the arms on them all..

fox might want to start having them carry the ball wherever they go at Dove valley. See who can bring him their balls.

Worked on any team I was on the ball carriers all became better at holding on to it.

Once saw a female tennis player take a ball to the coach, guess which RB did not play that week. Never happened again. She was that good an athlete he tried to recruit her. She wound up a state tennis champion.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #64
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection
 
Natedogg's Avatar
 
You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Narcville, USA
Posts: 2,126

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Good post and incitful.

If you go back to any of their runs and for that matter Trindons they are grabbing at the arms on them all..

fox might want to start having them carry the ball wherever they go at Dove valley. See who can bring him their balls.

Worked on any team I was on the ball carriers all became better at holding on to it.

Once saw a female tennis player take a ball to the coach, guess which RB did not play that week. Never happened again. She was that good an athlete he tried to recruit her. She wound up a state tennis champion.
Mock reincarnated?
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #65
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Hillman and Ball combined for 78 yards on 18 carries....4.3 per carry....and keep in mind on the last 3 carries the Chargers knew we were gonna run it and had 9 in the box....

.
Yep and Ball chucked and out ran a few defenders along the way. When's the last time McGahee has ran away from anyone?

The people who are defending McGahee are probably the same people who were on Tebow's nuts last year. We shouldnt make allegiances to the players, only the jersey
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #66
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
Mock reincarnated?
Do not insult Mock ever again.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #67
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Yep and Ball chucked and out ran a few defenders along the way. When's the last time McGahee has ran away from anyone?

The people who are defending McGahee are probably the same people who were on Tebow's nuts last year. We shouldnt make allegiances to the players, only the jersey
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #68
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Yep and Ball chucked and out ran a few defenders along the way. When's the last time McGahee has ran away from anyone?

The people who are defending McGahee are probably the same people who were on Tebow's nuts last year. We shouldnt make allegiances to the players, only the jersey
Most of the knuckle heads have left but I see you decided to stay.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #69
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
I don't understand the folks that watch these games and conclude that McGahee is an average or below average back...he's freaking awesome in this offense...He doesn't have the game breaking speed, no doubt, but this offense doesn't need its RB to be the game breaker...what he does bring that Hilman and Ball do not is outstanding vision, peerless patience with the blocking, and heavy, heavy pads when its time to go down...it's not that his average gain is so much better than our alternative, its that his variance is so much lower...when he always gets 3-5, it forces the backers and safeties to adjust and then they lose...conversely, a 12 yard run is great, but if it is followed by a 3 yard loss, you are looking at throwing into coverage for the next tow downs...Willis isn't sexy, but he's really good at both blocking and running in this single back set offense...much better than our backups...I hope he isn't hurt badly and is back soon.
No mention of fumbles?

Sorry, but its not difficult to find a back who can be successful in a Peyton Manning run offense. Why not find a player who's capable of taking it to the house and holding on to the ball. As well as grinding out the 3-4 yarders like Willis does do well. Theyre out there my friend.
We're limiting how great this team can be.
There's a reason Willis is only making 1million this season.
I like Mcgahee as a guy, but he's not an every down back anymore. And now with this knee injury, its time to see what else we have on the shelf
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #70
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Good post and incitful.

If you go back to any of their runs and for that matter Trindons they are grabbing at the arms on them all..
Every defender in the league is taught to go after the ball on every play. What are you saying?

What's in the water out there?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #71
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Most of the knuckle heads have left but I see you decided to stay.
We'll see my friend. Think of me, will you, in Jan when McGahee coughs it up in a big time situation.

Im not saying our backups are any kind of world beaters, but they atleast deserve an audition.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #72
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

FWF, what are your other accounts on the Mane?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #73
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,131

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
He was very effective Sunday against the #2 (at the time) defense against the run.

55 yards on 7 carries is almost 8 yards a carry. Who wouldn't take that?
What I always notice is that when Willis is in the game and the Broncos are running between the tackles, Willis is usually breaking through for the extra yards. Hillman and Ball always seem to get stopped about three or four yards short of where McGahee usually ends up. It's a noticeable difference. McGahee is the best RB on the team. By far.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #74
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
We'll see my friend. Think of me, will you, in Jan when McGahee coughs it up in a big time situation.

Im not saying our backups are any kind of world beaters, but they atleast deserve an audition.
Clearly the fumbling is a problem. Everyone agrees with that. Why you are singled out for criticism is the other stuff;

Fox is too conservative

Hillman is a bust.

McGahee is washed up and too slow.

Ball is better than McGahee.

J. Johnson is better than McGahee

That is why you get dumped on. You can be very troll like. That is why I asked you if you are a Bronco fan. You often make what looks like baiting statements.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #75
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
What I always notice is that when Willis is in the game and the Broncos are running between the tackles, Willis is usually breaking through for the extra yards. Hillman and Ball always seem to get stopped about three or four yards short of where McGahee usually ends up. It's a noticeable difference. McGahee is the best RB on the team. By far.
McGahee has power, vision and patience. That is why he can do those things you point out.

If KM had his vision and patience he'd be a solid back.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:25 PM.


Denver Broncos