The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Default Moreno get to tear the Chiefs up ?

If wILLIS IS Down a week or two put Moreno in there, he seems to play his best against the Chiefs..................?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Looks to me like he's behind Hillman and Ball in the pecking order. I don't think Moreno totes the rock for Denver ever again unless more rbs go down. He's done in Denver and most likely the NFL also.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

IF Mcgahee is down a week or two will see if Moreno is done or not.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #4
extralife
Ring of Famer

I don't think we're going to give Ball or Hillman McGahee type caries. Moreno will get his chance.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The coaching staff doesn't trust Moreno. Broncos will give 10-12 carries to Hillman, and 5-8 carries to Ball, and throw the ball 5-10 times more a game. I don't see Moreno all the sudden being part of the attack. He may get activated and get in if another rb gets injured, but not yet.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:34 AM   #6
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Anyone else notice that Hillman got the last three carries to end the game despite being smaller then Ball? Says a lot about Ball IMO.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:11 AM   #7
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

With how generally ineffective both Ball and Hillman have been, I don't see how they couldn't at least give Moreno a chance. If they are that worried about fumbles, McGahee would have been benched and so would Ball. Hell, half the team would be benched.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #8
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

If Willis misses time, I'm definitely not looking forward to watching Moreno run straight into his blockers.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #9
Agamemnon

He's been disappointing for a 1st round pick, no doubt about it, but I'll never understand why people act like Moreno is the worst running back in Broncos history. He's sure as hell better than Ball.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #10
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
He's been disappointing for a 1st round pick, no doubt about it, but I'll never understand why people act like Moreno is the worst running back in Broncos history. He's sure as hell better than Ball.
This.

Almost 2700 combined rushing and receiving yards and 19 TDs in just over 2 seasons of work behind what was at the time unquestionably one of the worst run blocking lines and worst running schemes in the entire league.

The guy is not worthless. Call me when Ball or Hillman get anywhere near that kind of production.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #11
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Hopefully Moreno can stay uninjured just long enough for Willis to heal. This a 50/50 proposition.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #12
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer

The enemy's gate is down

There is a reason Moreno is still on the roster. He has been deactivated because he is not effective on special teams, but if McGahee is out, he will split carries with Hillman at a minimum.
BroncoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #13
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I don't think Moreno totes the rock for Denver ever again unless more rbs go down. He's done in Denver and most likely the NFL also.
Well now this is just a bit overly dramatic. If McGahee is out this week expect Moreno to suit up and play.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #14
BroncoDoom
Solid Starter

Methwolfe Headwear Super Store

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ricky Nattiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
This.

Almost 2700 combined rushing and receiving yards and 19 TDs in just over 2 seasons of work behind what was at the time unquestionably one of the worst run blocking lines and worst running schemes in the entire league.

The guy is not worthless. Call me when Ball or Hillman get anywhere near that kind of production.
This^^^

Don't get the hate at all...and would not be surprised if we all are just clueless on this situation. Moreno is coming back from a serious knee injury... who is to say the coaches aren't saving him for the playoffs and letting that knee get 100%?
BroncoDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #15
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
If wILLIS IS Down a week or two put Moreno in there, he seems to play his best against the Chiefs..................?
Popps?!!!!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #16
Drunken.Broncoholic

Moreno will be out there. No way hillman can carry a load. Chances one of them gets hurt for a couple series of possessions is pretty high.

You see how front and center Moreno was in fox's post game locker room speech? His pants were half off. He's ready to do business.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:17 AM   #17
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I still think Hillman has quite a bit of potential. He clearly doesn't know the offense well yet, and he doesn't have the strength to consistently grind it out between the tackles, but he certainly can catch an edge and break some big runs in space. He's also made some big 3rd down catches this year, including yesterday.

As far as Moreno goes, I think he's a better pure runner than Ball. My guess is he's active against the Chefs and will get 5-8 carries. Assuming Willis can't play Hillman = 10-12 carries, Ball 5-8 carries, Moreno 5-8 carries.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #18
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If morenos attitude is good. I'm alright with him playing. We have a known quantity this year with the guys we have. i'd like to see moreno. Kuper though is key. And this team really really misses jd walton
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Can't take a chance with Moreno on passing downs unless it's a screen to him because if he's rusty, misses a blitz pickup and Manning gets blown up, the season is over. At this point it's all about keeping Manning healthy for the playoffs.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #20
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Moreno is definitely on my **** list, but there's also a reason we haven't cut him outright. We were keeping him in case Willis got hurt, and it looks like that time may be now. Let him take as many reps as we can get out of him and get McGahee healthy for the playoff run. The guy has to know his career is on the line, and I love a guy playing with desperation.

Ride that horse until it dies. Then dump it after the season...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #21
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I remember telling people that there must have been behind the scenes problems with Hillis and starting a riot here. Of course when the man-love-affair ended, we all saw this was exactly the case.

I'll say the same thing about Moreno at this point. He's clearly got enough talent to be utilized but yet the staff keeps him inactive. To me, this is a huge tell that something is going wrong with the kid beyond his on-field production. So the question is, will he flame out like Hillis or will he ever use some of that ability? I liked his chances to be a compliment to WM. But, like some have said, he doesn't have the staff's trust. We've seen this before.

That said, he should see touches this week if WM is out. Bottom line is, we all just need to pray that the MRI is clean because he's the most talented back we have by a mile despite the Orange Mane experts claiming otherwise.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #22
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I remember telling people that there must have been behind the scenes problems with Hillis and starting a riot here. Of course when the man-love-affair ended, we all saw this was exactly the case.

I'll say the same thing about Moreno at this point. He's clearly got enough talent to be utilized but yet the staff keeps him inactive. To me, this is a huge tell that something is going wrong with the kid beyond his on-field production. So the question is, will he flame out like Hillis or will he ever use some of that ability? I liked his chances to be a compliment to WM. But, like some have said, he doesn't have the staff's trust. We've seen this before.

That said, he should see touches this week if WM is out. Bottom line is, we all just need to pray that the MRI is clean because he's the most talented back we have by a mile despite the Orange Mane experts claiming otherwise.
This. He was on pace to go for 140-160 yards yesterday. WM doesn't get hurt, we beat the Bolts by 20. Yeah, he has some fumbling issues, but he's probably the 3rd most important player on this offense behind PM and Clady. Thankfully, we play largely crappy teams for the rest of the year, but Willis has to be relatively healthy for this team to have any chance of making noise in the playoffs.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
Bacchus

Hillman has been less than impressive. I say give Moreno the start.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #24
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Hillman has been less than impressive. I say give Moreno the start.
Right now, Hillman has the ability to be a decent change of pace back. He has above average acceleration and top end speed. He's broken runs for decent gains in every game where he's gotten more than a couple of carries. He's also made some critical catches on 3rd down (including yesterday.)

That being said, he clearly doesn't have the offense down and the game is still too fast for him (probably because he's so young.) He needs to get a full off-season in the weight room and bulk up 10-15 pounds so he can be more effective between the tackles. But I agree, that he's not ready to be a feature back yet. And he may never be more than a change of pace back.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #25
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Right now, Hillman has the ability to be a decent change of pace back. He has above average acceleration and top end speed. He's broken runs for decent gains in every game where he's gotten more than a couple of carries. He's also made some critical catches on 3rd down (including yesterday.)

That being said, he clearly doesn't have the offense down and the game is still too fast for him (probably because he's so young.) He needs to get a full off-season in the weight room and bulk up 10-15 pounds so he can be more effective between the tackles. But I agree, that he's not ready to be a feature back yet. And he may never be more than a change of pace back.
His decent runs have come when there was a good size hole and he was able to use his speed. He really does not seem to be able to get the tough yards or break tackles.