The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #1176
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Wow, some of you are really dense. You know damn well if it were your team, you wouldnt be so dense and see the difference.
Yeah, some people are just idiots.

They'll argue a certain call forever thinking they're right, even though it won't even be discussed on any level outside of people who don't understand the rules.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #1177
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Look guys give Vine a few minutes to check his DVR out and he will see the error of his ways.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #1178
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #1179
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I didn't think the offense was in sync at all. Especially on the outside.....Thomas/Decker. Sure they each had a TD...but, how many catches?? Lot's of misses on throws to those two guys.
Peyton had a bad game 1st half. He was overthrowing and floating his balls a lot.

Sd started moving the ball late and the announcers were saying it was Hadnot...I think wolfe going out had more to do with it than that as we got no push up the center after that.

Wolfe and McGahee went down...anyone else and any word on status?
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #1180
canadianbroncosfan

Old 11-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #1181
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Peyton had a bad game 1st half. He was overthrowing and floating his balls a lot.

Sd started moving the ball late and the announcers were saying it was Hadnot...I think wolfe going out had more to do with it than that as we got no push up the center after that.

Wolfe and McGahee went down...anyone else and any word on status?
Wolfe came back in the game,
Old 11-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #1182
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

The Jaguars hung 37 on the Texans and nearly beat them.

The Bills nearly beat the Pats last week.

The Falcons have been squeaking by a lot lately.

Still want to complain this game was close (in score only)? It was only close because of bad luck on the pick 6. Even when we weren't closing out drives very well we were still moving the ball fairly well. Nearly 200 yards before the half. This was a game of being a little out of synch against a good defense in a divisional match up the opponent HAD to win. We still put up thirty.

What more do you all want?
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #1183
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Broncos looking like they can sweep the AFCW.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #1184
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
What if it happens at the 10 yard line instead of the goaline? Would they consider it a catch then ground causing fumble? They would if they thought he had made the catch already.
I agree with you, as I have not seen any answers on how long must possession be maintained before the catch becomes official. I am under the impression that these situations only apply to catches in which the receiver is on the way down to the turf as he catches the ball, which is why I still question the Calvin Johnson ruling (he took 2-3 steps before he went down to the turf).

Finally, I think it is only a matter of time when the NFL will revise, or make clear their rules. What if the Chargers would have recovered the onside kick and scored again, and won in overtime? The controversy regarding that touchdown would have been through the roof.

I have had MANY MANY discussions in forums concerning NFL catch rules for several years now.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #1185
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post

Still want to complain this game was close (in score only)? It was only close because of bad luck on the pick 6. Even when we weren't closing out drives very well we were still moving the ball fairly well. Nearly 200 yards before the half. This was a game of being a little out of synch against a good defense in a divisional match up the opponent HAD to win. We still put up thirty.

Yeah, people are wildin.

It's a division game, 2nd game, at a crucial mark in the season.

To beat them in the fashion we did was impressive, we just still need to play better.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #1186
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post

To be fair, people are thinking Super Bowl right now, so standards are kind of astronomically high.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #1187
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Yeah, people are wildin.

It's a division game, 2nd game, at a crucial mark in the season.

To beat them in the fashion we did was impressive, we just still need to play better.
What's even more impressive is they are winning with mistakes. That's why I think they have something great going here
Old 11-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #1188
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Look guys give Vine a few minutes to check his DVR out and he will see the error of his ways.
No, I am actually a thousand times better than you at articulating thoughts and carrying on constructive conversations. It must hurt having such a low mental capacity.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #1189
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
I agree with you, as I have not seen any answers on how long must possession be maintained before the catch becomes official. I am under the impression that these situations only apply to catches in which the receiver is on the way down to the turf as he catches the ball, which is why I still question the Calvin Johnson ruling (he took 2-3 steps before he went down to the turf).

Finally, I think it is only a matter of time when the NFL will revise, or make clear their rules. What if the Chargers would have recovered the onside kick and scored again, and won in overtime? The controversy regarding that touchdown would have been through the roof.

I have had MANY MANY discussions in forums concerning NFL catch rules for several years now.
The rule is pretty damn clear...

He had possession when he got two feet down and leaped for the goal line...

There is nothing confusing about that play at all.

You guys seem to want to be confused because he wasn't wearing a Broncos jersey.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #1190
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
But do you think Manning would let laziness seep into this offense? He was on the sideline up 30-16 with 4 minutes left barking at the Oline. I think those kinds of bad habits would get squashed.
No, most definitely I agree.

He has even mentioned so in the past 2 pressers that they need to clean it up and I'm sure the offense will be listening extra hard this week because I bet the coaches will be on them as well this week.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #1191
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

That announcer had egg on his face. Calling it game over while they were reviewing it.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #1192
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

I still don't see it. I've seen balls caught with 2 feet in, and then the player out of bounds, drops the ball, or it hits the ground, and it's ruled incomplete. In a running play, yes.. as soon as you leap ahead and the ball crosses the plane, it's over. But in a catch, you must finish the catch. It doesn't matter if it's in the endzone or not.

So.. I don't agree with it. Didn't matter in the end, but I still think that was not a touchdown.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #1193
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Its only a controversy in here. It was a clear TD and i thought so when i saw the replay when he held the ball over the line before he went down.
The rule ONLY applies when there is a catch IN THE EZ.

You guys wont this game right? Whats the problem?

Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-18-2012 at 05:10 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #1194
Agamemnon

Quote:
What's even more impressive is they are winning with mistakes. That's why I think they have something great going here
I tend to agree, but only if they knock it off by playoff time. This team is hands down the best team in football if you take away all their dumb mistakes.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #1195
dictionary

doooooooooooont caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare! Go Broncos!

?totally hammmered.c
Old 11-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #1196
Action

And no, there would be NO controversy in regards to that catch touch down... do you know how many times a WR catches it and stretches in for the end zone with one hand, crosses the plane, and gets the ball knocked out or loses it?

What part are you so confused about?

He had 2 feet down and had full control...

Anytime you cross the goal line with possession the PLAY IS OVER.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #1197
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Im sure the coaches will, you know, do their job. What lazy habits are they exhibiting?
Yep, coaches will be driving it home hard this week especially with joke KC coming up.

I just see a lot of shortcuts being taken now and it's human nature to relax when you go on a winning streak.

Manning, being the perfectionist, is not letting it slip. He has mentioned they need to clean things up and like you mentioned the coaches will be on them this week
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #1198
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
I still don't see it. I've seen balls caught with 2 feet in, and then the player out of bounds, drops the ball, or it hits the ground, and it's ruled incomplete. In a running play, yes.. as soon as you leap ahead and the ball crosses the plane, it's over. But in a catch, you must finish the catch. It doesn't matter if it's in the endzone or not.

So.. I don't agree with it. Didn't matter in the end, but I still think that was not a touchdown.
Ya but they are saying the catch was already made. I'm not sure but I think he caught it at like the 3 held onto it with just one hand. By the 1 they already established the catch, not sure how many times he stepped on the ground. Thus making it only have to cross the plane of the line
Old 11-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #1199
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Broncos looking like they can sweep the AFCW.
When was the last time that was done?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #1200
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
No, it doesn't.

Once you gain possession and cross the plane, the play is over, in all situations.
This exact call was made last year and the NFL came back to say it was called incorrectly and the extending of a ball does not constitute a catch. It'll be interesting to see if an official comment is released.

I think defining a catch may be one of the most pressing issues for the NFL to date. What he did was clearly a catch but by NFL rules, it probably shouldn't have been. They're currently defying logic in the way they're defining them.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote