The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #5276
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

There's nothing Tim Tebow could've done to beat the New England Patriots last year. Our defense has improved, yet we still just finished watching them march up and down the field on us all game. Modern league record for first downs given up in a game. PMFM couldn't make it happen.

I personally wasn't as concerned with the NE game as much as I was the Buffalo game and especially the KC game with the playoffs on the line.....needing the win to make the playoffs...and like many others on here have pointed out, had the Raiders not **** the bed vs. SD...the OT win vs. Pitt never happens....why?

Well, a big reason (but not the only one) was 6-22 for 60 yards 1 INT and a red zone fumble performance by Tebow

As for this season's loss to NE...the Pats added a new wrinkle of no huddle fast break that kept our defense from making substitutions and it gave them favorable match-ups....however the D made some half time adjustments and the offense came back...had McGahee not dropped a 4th down pass and then later fumbled, I think we might have been able to steal a win despite the record setting day by the Patriot offense.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #5277
errand
Ring of Famer

Originally Posted by baja
OK I've read much of this thread and this is my take.

If the Bronco's dump Tebow because they have an old, injured HOA QB for a few years at best I will dump the Broncos as my favorite team of 41 years.

Tebow has earned his shot. If he doesn't get it F the Bronco organization. I don't want to be a fan of a classless organization. There is already too many classless persons playing the sport.

These are your exact words...not mine. I haven't altered anything that you posted.

You admitted you read a lot of the posts in the thread.....and despite numerous members giving rational, sane, lucid and logical reasons to be for the Manning acquisition, you still said that you'd quit being a fan of the Broncos if they traded Tebow after acquiring Manning. you called them classless....and said **** them....

your mind was already made up....you didn't seem to be warming up to anything. And I have no idea what page this was on originally, but I'm sure you posted your bull**** a few days before Manning signed with us.....and after many people provided many reasons why the Broncos should acquire Manning.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #5278
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

Originally Posted by baja
OK I've read much of this thread and this is my take.

If the Bronco's dump Tebow because they have an old, injured HOA QB for a few years at best I will dump the Broncos as my favorite team of 41 years.

Tebow has earned his shot. If he doesn't get it F the Bronco organization. I don't want to be a fan of a classless organization. There is already too many classless persons playing the sport.

These are your exact words...not mine. I haven't altered anything that you posted.

You admitted you read a lot of the posts in the thread.....and despite numerous members giving rational, sane, lucid and logical reasons to be for the Manning acquisition, you still said that you'd quit being a fan of the Broncos if they traded Tebow after acquiring Manning. you called them classless....and said **** them....

your mind was already made up....you didn't seem to be warming up to anything. And I have no idea what page this was on originally, but I'm sure you posted your bull**** a few days before Manning signed with us.....and after many people provided many reasons why the Broncos should acquire Manning.
Yep that's my post and at the time I meant every word of it. Anything else?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #5279
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

You're a trip dude why don't you go play with yourself.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #5280
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I called you a hater because you were (and are) Please quit with the revisionist history. You were against Tebow before and after he took over for your neckbearded boy wonder.

Or I guess maybe you'll be able to explain to me how your suggestion that the Heisman Trophy winner should attend someone's local high school football camp to learn how to fro spyros was really a reasonable, rational take instead of the mumbling of some idiot who couldn't stand Tebow before he ever even got going.
Yeah....you got me there. I do recall telling someone they could probably get a package deal if they brought Tebow along with them to their kid's QB camp....but that story isn't as good as you waxing poetic about the tears streaming down your kids eyes as Tebow got his ass kicked outta Denver.....

.but keep trying to make hay out of me believing that Orton>Tebow is as stupid as you thinking Tebow >Manning
Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #5281
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Yep that's my post and at the time I meant every word of it. Anything else?

Sure...wonder why you're still here. especially if you meant it.

afterall, the Broncos did acquire Manning the 40 year old Hof Qb who'll more than likely only be here a couple of years , and they got rid of Tebow...you know, the guy who earned his shot...I mean according to you, that what classless organizations do I guess.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #5282
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Sure...wonder why you're still here. especially if you meant it.

afterall, the Broncos did acquire Manning the 40 year old Hof Qb who'll more than likely only be here a couple of years , and they got rid of Tebow...you know, the guy who earned his shot...I mean according to you, that what classless organizations do I guess.
Yep, I'm still here. Anything else?
Old 11-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #5283
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Yeah....you got me there. I do recall telling someone they could probably get a package deal if they brought Tebow along with them to their kid's QB camp....but that story isn't as good as you waxing poetic about the tears streaming down your kids eyes as Tebow got his ass kicked outta Denver.....

.but keep trying to make hay out of me believing that Orton>Tebow is as stupid as you thinking Tebow >Manning
You also thought Orton > Cutler. In other words Neckbeard was the meat of your proven wrong sandwich. Considering your level of fail over the last few years its pretty funny that you like to go diving into what other people once said.

"Screw Cutler! All Kyle does is win games!".
Old 11-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #5284
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Yes a "slide" that ended with beating the defending AFC champs then losing to the soon to be AFC champs (for the second time)

Needless to say most people wouldn't count a 4-12 team from a year prior going 1-1 in the playoffs as part of a "slide"

There's nothing Tim Tebow could've done to beat the New England Patriots last year. Our defense has improved, yet we still just finished watching them march up and down the field on us all game. Modern league record for first downs given up in a game. PMFM couldn't make it happen. But the rook loses twice to the same team and you call it a "slide"
How many times does 8-8 get you in the playoffs? The difference in playoffs is and 4-12 isn't that large. We backed in the playoffs and got lucky as can be. As stated over and over Denver doesn't make playoffs if they miss a 59 yard fg, Novak makes fg, Barber doesn't screw up royally twice, Rivers doesn't fumble a kneel down, Rivers beats Raiders. Not only that luck we draw the only team we had a chance to beat and that was a beat up Pittsburgh team. Last year was fun but the end result was always known.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #5285
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
How many times does 8-8 get you in the playoffs? The difference in playoffs is and 4-12 isn't that large. We backed in the playoffs and got lucky as can be. As stated over and over Denver doesn't make playoffs if they miss a 59 yard fg, Novak makes fg, Barber doesn't screw up royally twice, Rivers doesn't fumble a kneel down, Rivers beats Raiders. Not only that luck we draw the only team we had a chance to beat and that was a beat up Pittsburgh team. Last year was fun but the end result was always known.
All your points are very relevant but become a lot less so when you remember the 1-4 hole the team was dropped into. That's all ill point out in this tiresome never ending argument.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #5286
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You also thought Orton > Cutler. In other words Neckbeard was the meat of your proven wrong sandwich. Considering your level of fail over the last few years its pretty funny that you like to go diving into what other people once said.

"Screw Cutler! All Kyle does is win games!".
Never said Kyle was a better QB...I did say he was a better leader and much more positive locker room presence than Cutler was and currently is.

See liking Orton over Cutler had nothing to do with talent...it had to do with their respective attitudes. Orton was the good soldier who showed up to work every day with a good attitude and didn't whine like a b**** about his team mates or his team in general....Cutler has been well documented as being a sour puss malcontent...which is kind of why I suspect you cling to his nuts....birds of a feather flocking together. You actually whine more than Cutler does if that's even possible....

and despite my support for Orton, I didn't cry or whine like a ****ing little be@tch using my kid's blanket to wipe the tears when he was benched and waived....but we all know who did exactly that when the Broncos, being the classless organization they have been labelled by one of your cronies, drop kicked Tebow to the Jets.

And once again...even if I actually said Orton was a better QB than Cutler, it still is not as mind blowing as your galactically stupid and ignorant belief that Tim Tebow is better than Peyton Manning.

Remember you trashed this organization and when given the clear cut this or that choice between the two...you chose the clown that can't throw over one of the best ever......and that my friend is why you fail.

Who do you want to be our quarterback in 2012.

Peyton Manning
*WARHORSE*, Aftermath, alkemical, alpine, Ambiguous, Archie, Arkansas Bronco, Arkie, Asso Wilson, Atwater His Ass, ayjackson, bendog, Blart, Blueflame, BoiseBluTurf, bombay, bowtown, bronco610, broncocalijohn, Broncojef, BroncoLifer, BroncoMatt, BroncoSojia, Broncos_OTM, Bronkota, campocorto, chawknz, chickennob2, ColoradoBuff, Cpntrips, crawdad, Crushaholic, cutback, cutthemdown, DarkHorse30, DBroncos4life, DENVERDUI55, DenverDynamite, DomCasual, Dos Rios, Drunk idiot kicker, Drunk Monkey, Drunken.Broncoholic, Dukes, Durango, El Minion, elsid13, Endy, enjolras, errand, extralife, Fedaykin, flynzebra, Frisian, ghwk, gmp, GoBroncos DownUnder, GoHAM, gotfredson, GreeleyGrizzley, Gutless Drunk, hkbroncos, hookemhess, Houshyamama, Hulamau, Jack1118son, Jason7730, JCMElway, JCsuperstar, Jekyll15Hyde, kamakazi_kal, Kaylore, KevinJames, Kid A, Killericon, KipCorrington25, lod01, lvbronco, maher_tyler, Majik, maven, mellow mood, Mightysmurf, NFLBRONCO, oubronco, peacepipe, pokenation, Prodigal19, Que, randomtask, Ratboy, razorwire77, rdskier, Requiem, Rohirrim, Rolandftw, Ronnie Tsunami, Sassy, scannon, Schism, Shananahan, Shoemaker, SimonFletcher73, Sinedog, SJ Bronco, Slade, SonOfLe-loLang, SouthStndJunkie, spdirty, Spider, SpringStein, Stagger Lee, STBumpkin, Steve Sewell, stoxman, StugotsIII, Taco John, TheDave, theedge111, thevance_82, Tim, TonyR, Turd_Ferguson, v2micca, vancejohnson82, yerner, Ziggy
127 72.57%

Tim Tebow
55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, DAN_BRONCO_FAN, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~
48 27.43%

Yes, you are that stupid!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #5287
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
And while some of us supported Orton, none of us whined like little b****es when he was bench and subsequently sent packing
You can't be serious with this.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #5288
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Um, Tebow sucks.

Look at what this team is able to do with a real QB offensively.

Now look at what the team did last year.

Its ****ing pathetic how bad we were on offense with Tebow.

Tebow didn't win us a single game last year. The defense won us 9 games last year, by doing enough to compensate for our ****ty quarterback play.

You ****ing people are insanely stupid if you think otherwise.

To prove my point: Whenever the defense sucked in games, we got our asses completely handed to us. Whenever the defense could shut the opposing team down, we could make a play by some fluke miracle and somehow pull a win out of our ass.
Yes another brilliant take. The same defense that led us to 1-4 was the reason we won games.

It's amazing how they figured out how to play defense the same week Tebow became the starter.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #5289
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
You can't be serious with this.
Who posted open letters trashing Elway over Orton's release?

Who posted that they openly wept with their kid when Orton was released?

Who called the Broncos a classless organization for releasing Orton?

Who said they were no longer going to be a Broncos fan if the Broncos released Orton?

Now, switch the name Orton with Tebow....and let me know what your search uncovers, clown......
Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #5290
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yes another brilliant take. The same defense that led us to 1-4 was the reason we won games.

It's amazing how they figured out how to play defense the same week Tebow became the starter.
Sure Broncos went 1-4...but that defense you're so quick to blast held CJ2K to 2.9 yards per carry and we lost 2 of those 4 games by a FG each. (Raiders 23-20 and Titans 17-14)

And they also caused a fumble, which led to our 2nd TD and held SD to six 2nd half points which enabled our offense to almost come back against them...but keep acting like they didn't play good enough to go 3-2 or 4-1.....

Just like Orton played like **** in the early games going 1-4...Tebow played likewise in finishing 0-3
Old 11-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #5291
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Who posted open letters trashing Elway over Orton's release?

Who posted that they openly wept with their kid when Orton was released?

Who called the Broncos a classless organization for releasing Orton?

Who said they were no longer going to be a Broncos fan if the Broncos released Orton?

Now, switch the name Orton with Tebow....and let me know what your search uncovers, clown......
No idea what you're talking about.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #5292
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Sure Broncos went 1-4...but that defense you're so quick to blast held CJ2K to 2.9 yards per carry and we lost 2 of those 4 games by a FG each. (Raiders 23-20 and Titans 17-14)

And they also caused a fumble, which led to our 2nd TD and held SD to six 2nd half points which enabled our offense to almost come back against them...but keep acting like they didn't play good enough to go 3-2 or 4-1.....

Just like Orton played like **** in the early games going 1-4...Tebow played likewise in finishing 0-3
Where did I trash the defense? Oh, that's right, I didn't. I merely pointed out that it was the same unit that couldn't win anything with Orton.

Tebow was the difference between this team being 8-8 and winning the first playoff game in a decade and this team being 5-11 and staring up at the Chiefs.

Regardless of you, and all the others who just can't stand Tebow for whatever reason, think, that's what happened last year. Tebow was the difference, not the defense gelling, not a few lucky plays, it was a change at the QB position.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #5293
Drunken.Broncoholic

It's amazing how some people don't understand a lockout offseason combined with an entire new coaching staff, combined with new playbooks, combined with new players, combined with having no time to work with each other can equal a slow start. Had there been no lockout a 1-4 start may or may not have happened.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #5294
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
All your points are very relevant but become a lot less so when you remember the 1-4 hole the team was dropped into. That's all ill point out in this tiresome never ending argument.
You could say Orton made Denver 1 and 5 in the games involving him and Denver.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 11-18-2012 at 09:28 AM..
Old 11-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #5295
Drunken.Broncoholic

It's absolutely insane to think the defense had nothing to do with at least 5 of tebow wins. Giving up 15 10 13 13 10. While only scoring 18 17 17 16 13 in that order. You are not going to win any games scoring under 20 points without a defense saving your ass
Old 11-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #5296
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It's amazing how some people don't understand a lockout offseason combined with an entire new coaching staff, combined with new playbooks, combined with new players, combined with having no time to work with each other can equal a slow start. Had there been no lockout a 1-4 start may or may not have happened.
Yay! Another huge exercise in rationalization and hypotheticals to avoid giving credit to Tebow for anything.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #5297
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Fun thread. Sure was tense around here that week.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #5298
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Yay! Another huge exercise in rationalization and hypotheticals to avoid giving credit to Tebow for anything.
You know what is kind of funny about you not agreeing with what he is saying there, had there not been a lock out Denver would have had more time to trade Orton like they wanted to and hand the keys to over to Tebow from the start.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #5299
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I'm not avoiding anything. Merely pointing out there may be other factors than just Orton sucking in being 1-4. None of that has anything to do with tebow. The fact you combine it to think its not giving him credit is ridiculous. I give him credit on the raider Viking steeler games. But those other games the defense won them plain and simple. You do not win in this league by scoring under 20 a game WITHOUT a defense. Does not happen. Never will. This is like giving Dilfer all the credit for a Ravens Super Bowl seauson.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 11-18-2012 at 09:52 AM..
Old 11-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #5300
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

the lulz continues ad nausium...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote