The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #26
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Consider yourself stupid....whats their winning percentage again ?

Thats right keep talking...................

This isn't a popularity contest. We all love the BrONCOS but the teams we have played lately are bad. Facts matter !
I wouldn't say BAD. More like slightly below average. The only BAD team we've played so far this year was Oakland and we crushed them.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #27
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Be real now............what teams have we played with a winning record as of late ?

Don't do this..........keep it real.
How's this for keeping it real.....

You can't even stay positive and optimistic about this team for more than one solitary page of a thread you started....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #28
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Sure they are playing better now but the CHiefs beat them......do you really want to keep on with this ?
Let get this straight. We have to ignore the first half of our schedule but not the Saints? Saints are playing as well as any team right now. Get over it.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #29
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

How we play this game will tell me a lot about this squad. One of my concerns is we may have peaked to early. I know that isn't true in some areas because our passing game has so much room to grow and a lot of players are young. I am still worried about our rush offense. I think McGahee is running out of gas. I actually wouldn't mind if lost this game because we'd play with more of an edge going forward. I hope we win, and think we can, but I think it will be closer than people think.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #30
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Consider yourself stupid....whats their winning percentage again ?

Thats right keep talking...................

This isn't a popularity contest. We all love the BrONCOS but the teams we have played lately are bad. Facts matter !
You said our D rankings were skewed because they played bad teams

I pointed out the offensive rankings of all the teams we have played which clearly shows if our defensive rankings are skewed it's too low.

Let me but it another way. If we calculate the offensive average of the teams we have played it would be equal to playing the 13th ranked offense every week for 9 weeks and our defense is ranked 6th against them.

we are under rated by a bunch when you use strength of the offensives we have played.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #31
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
On an any given Sunday...
I think we've played a tough first part of the schedule and did real well considering the new pieces on offense and a new DC on defense.
Yes, at the mid-season point we've seemed to have jelled and we're playing well as a unit on all 3 phases.
The schedule gets easier from here on out, but we need to keep the foot down because the NFL is full of surprises.
This part of the schedule falls on the coaches responsibility to have the team prepared to play week in and week out.
We'll be tested every week and teams are going to be ready to gunning us down, so it is and it's not as easy as it looks on paper...
Outstanding post by someone that has not drank the koolaide.

Let me add we went into NYG years ago with a 13-0 record everyne on the forums was expect the perfect season myslef included, finished the season 13-3 IIRC.

Since then we seem to have a penchant for falling into trap games big time.

Knowing we are good and thinking we can coast and turn it back on if we need it. But we all know that MO swing slow and rarely turns around once you have lost it.

Always told my daughter when she was playing BB or VB never relax because that almost always let's bad teams THINK they can play with you.. Often they beat you even though they are really bad.

Go forthe kill shot and Finnish strong. We all know the other team would do it to us if they could.

That happened in SAN 5-6 weeks ago and we wound off kicking the snot out of them. Do y'all think they might be remembering that?

I do. It is going to be close or a blow out tomorrow.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #32
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
How we play this game will tell me a lot about this squad. One of my concerns is we may have peaked to early. I know that isn't true in some areas because our passing game has so much room to grow and a lot of players are young. I am still worried about our rush offense. I think McGahee is running out of gas. I actually wouldn't mind if lost this game because we'd play with more of an edge going forward. I hope we win, and think we can, but I think it will be closer than people think.
Do not want to lose any game at this point. But I agree with the rest of the post.

Either be a blowout or close game. Could go either way.

By the numbers we should win in a blowout. but fans forget the other team has or should have pride (might be all beat out of them at this point) also.

I think they know this is the rest of their season one way or the other. Some are playing for their job next year already.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #33
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

Let me add we went into NYG years ago with a 13-0 record everyne on the forums was expect the perfect season myslef included, finished the season 13-3 IIRC.
Umm, we went 14-2 that season.....we lost to NYG 20-16, then Dolphins 31-21, and then we rebounded by beating Seattle 28-21
Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #34
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Umm, we went 14-2 that season.....we lost to NYG 20-16, then Dolphins 31-21, and then we rebounded by beating Seattle 28-21
Trolls typically dont know teams history.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #35
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Either be a blowout or close game. Could go either way.
reminds me of Mitch Hedberg line about when he formed a heavy metal band....

"people either loved us, or hated us....or thought we were OK"
Old 11-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #36
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Thanks for checking that out. Sometimes the memory is not as good as it once was.

It was however a great catch in the back of the EZ by toomer have since disliked that guy.

Ruined what could have been a perfect season.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #37
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Trolls typically dont know teams history.
Typical Name calling. Is That the best you got?

I have 52 years of history to deal with, how about YOU?

Last edited by lonestar; 11-17-2012 at 04:52 PM..
Old 11-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #38
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Yes, we do have something here.

But, is what we have, better than Houston, Baltimore, New England, San Francisco, or Atlanta??

My main concerns....Houston, New England, and Atlanta. Those are the 3 best teams in the NFL right now. We are right there with them...but, interestingly enough, all 3 beat our Broncos.

Can we go to NE or Houston, or maybe both....and win? Are we that good?

Can we play Atlanta on a nuetral field and win?

Is our defense really a top 10 defense...or just a pretender? What if Manning gets shut down...can our defense keep us in the game against one or more of these 3 teams.

That's what we need to find out. But, yes we don have something here...and it's name is Peyton Manning!
We can't really say much in regards to the losses against Atlanta, Houston or NE. This Denver team is completely different from the team that lost to those teams. That was a rusty Peyton led offense that hadn't gelled. The D was lost. If we played those teams now I believe we could kick their asses. Also we can consider the Saints a quality win as they have balled every team they have faced over the last month and a half aside from Denver. Those losses weren't blowouts and were in large part due to mistakes made by Denver. Denver is the scariest team in the league right now.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #39
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
reminds me of Mitch Hedberg line about when he formed a heavy metal band....

"people either loved us, or hated us....or thought we were OK"
Sorry but I never got into heavy metal. No clue who he was/is.

Still a rock and roll guy. The early stuff..

always kind of liked being able to hear what they are saying without needing ear plugs.

Was a sonar man in the navy so have always protected my hearing.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #40
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

always kind of liked being able to hear what they are saying without needing ear plugs.

Wow that one went right over your head.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #41
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for checking that out. Sometimes the memory is not as good as it once was.

It was however a great catch in the back of the EZ by toomer have since disliked that guy.

Ruined what could have been a perfect season.
going undefeated is very tough regardless.....no guarantee we win them all had we won the NYG game. I recall some of the Broncos players saying that it was like a weight was lifted off the team...no more questions about them possibly going 19-0, they could focus on playing "Broncos football" again.....
Old 11-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #42
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

funny gifs
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #43
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Mitch was a great stand up comic....

Old 11-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #44
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
Wow that one went right over your head.
I was responding to the persona vs the quote it self.

I'm well aware of the meaning of the comment. Probably not even original one of his.

Sorry if that was over your head.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #45
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
going undefeated is very tough regardless.....no guarantee we win them all had we won the NYG game. I recall some of the Broncos players saying that it was like a weight was lifted off the team...no more questions about them possibly going 19-0, they could focus on playing "Broncos football" again.....
But it still was the possibility of happening except for that ONE pass.

I remember those comments also thought it would but again they were beat the next week also. So not sure how much the weight was after all..

Or maybe the emotional strain/letdown got them the next game also and by the last game they could be back to great.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #46
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Mitch was a great stand up comic....

Once again no idea, I was extraordinarily busy as a young dad working a gazillion hours trying to make ends meet. Worked the night shift and took care of my son during the day while mom was at work.

Almost no time to get to Bronco games. That was about the only time off I had. My mental off time.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #47
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
funny gifs
As I said always easy to make fun. Must make you sleep better.

Some of us worked for a living and had no time for much of anything but putting food on the table. And taking care of the family. Paying the rent and car payments on used cars.

But go ahead take cheap shots.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #48
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

****in' Mitch.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #49
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is where I am as well. I think we probably have the most balanced team in the NFL when it comes to offense/defense, but I am concerned about the running game lately and that our offense has been becoming more lop-sided on a weekly basis.

I also worry about this team transitioning from a team with a lot of questions around it and becoming a team that is favored every week that can still come out and execute and play with a chip on their shoulder. That isn't always an easy transition, though it certainly becomes easier with Manning and the way he approaches preparation.

This team has great potential, but I still view them as being in transition from mediocrity to the cream of the league, and that can be tough, especially for a team that is fairly young.

I think today's game will be a great barometer for where this team really is. If they come out and stomp on the downtrodden Chargers they can make a statement that they're ready to handle the pressure of being a real contender. They can set their sights on securing home field advantage.

If they come out flat and struggle in the early going I think the Chargers could gain confidence, get healthy in a hurry and make this a very tough game. If the Chargers get the upset,we're back in a battle for the division, will likely have to play New England or Baltimore on the road, and this season becomes much tougher sledding.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #50
Drunken.Broncoholic

After seeing the Giants win the Super Bowl with the 32nd ranked rushing offense, dead last, I'm not as worried as I should be about the running game. When watching games I find myself wanting a passing play on almost every down. Hopefully they get some running momentum in the next few games though.