The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #5251
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Really? I fail to see what that has to do with anything being discussed here. Except maybe even that writer states the Colts are 5-3 and then he becomes as dumb as you, stating Manning is 5-3. Does it make you feel better that a writer is that dumb too? Whatever makes you rationalize a little better.
I'm not rationalizing anything. Just wondering why you've reduced yourself to crying about widely used and understood semantics.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #5252
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
It's comical that you think we could win with your boy. He is so bad his team bags on him. We won despite him with ST TD, defensive TD and teams plain imploding. There is no way we win division with him under C let alone make playoffs. I Hope you sold your tickets this year because it is killing you how good Manning has been.
Its irrational to think you have to hate one QB to like the other. I still liked Plummer when I was rooting for Jay. I thought Jake got the shaft as well but I wasn't hoping for Jay to lose games to prove me right. They're Pro QBs. Not ex girlfriends.

Alternate Universe type comparisons are rarely easy to make. Well I guess they are for some people. But many of those same people told us Kyle Orton gave us the best chance to win last year. Their bold predictions about what wouldda been this year can generally be responded to by pointing and laughing.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #5253
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
It's comical that you think we could win with your boy. He is so bad his team bags on him. We won despite him with ST TD, defensive TD and teams plain imploding. There is no way we win division with him under C let alone make playoffs. I Hope you sold your tickets this year because it is killing you how good Manning has been.
I guess I don't understand why people feel the need to completely refuse to give Tebow ANY credit for what the Broncos did last year.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #5254
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
We were 2-3 over the last 5 games of the season last year. And yes Tebow didn't play well in two of those losses. But you'd be hard pressed to find a qb in his first season's games who didn't string together a ****ty game or three.
They lost the last 3 games of the season. In ugly fasshion. Then 1-1 in the playoffs. That is 1-4. No need to sprinkle in anymore games before that, cause that does nothing to combat the slide they were in.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #5255
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
They lost the last 3 games of the season. In ugly fasshion. Then 1-1 in the playoffs. That is 1-4. No need to sprinkle in anymore games before that, cause that does nothing to combat the slide they were in.
And yet another example of what I just mentioned. "Ignore anything positive Tebow did (No need to sprinkle in ant more games before that) because it doesn't count."
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #5256
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
And yet another example of what I just mentioned. "Ignore anything positive Tebow did (No need to sprinkle in ant more games before that) because it doesn't count."
I think Tebow's determination and passion absolutely helped win those games, along with using his limited skill set in a gimmick scheme that caught the league off guard. Problem is while that was good enough for a spark it can't be sustained and Tebow's limited skills are not something you can consistently win with, which is why we started losing games again once everyone had tape on us and knew what to expect. Did Tebow play a big part in those wins? You bet. Did he also play as big a part in the subsequent losses? Absolutely. Tebow is a gimmick that had a short shelf life. It was fun while it lasted though and it good to see that he also took full advantage of his 15 minutes in the sun. It's cold in Canada.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #5257
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I'm not rationalizing anything. Just wondering why you've reduced yourself to crying about widely used and understood semantics.
Widely used and understood by you. Just because they are widely used doesn't make them right. But then again for me it's about the Broncos.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #5258
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I guess I don't understand why people feel the need to completely refuse to give Tebow ANY credit for what the Broncos did last year.
You just completely refuse to see if credit is given to Tebow when others also give credit to the rest of the team.

Quote:
You couldn't see that the defense keeping the games close last year majorily contributed to what Tebow did in one quarter
See. I gave him credit. Would it clarify and make it better for you if I put one quarters?
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #5259
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Ya no need cause the person who ORIGINALLY said 1-4 was only talking about the last 5 games. What you see that tebow did isn't what we see. You saw him beat the bears. I saw Prater win it by having to kick an insane field goal cause the offense couldnt move closer. I saw Marion barber lose it. That last game of the season tebow could've won and got into the playoffs. Did he? No. How did they get in? Raiders collapsing last half of season, with rivers beating them. What would've happened if raiders won that game? Steeler game wouldn't exist and the "he took us to the playoffs" wouldn't be tebow followers main arguement.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #5260
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Me too.

I loved watching the Broncos improbable wins last year with Tim Tebow leading the way but I'm loving watching this team even more.

COMPLETE TEAM = GOOD THINGS HAPPENING
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #5261
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Um, Tebow sucks.

Look at what this team is able to do with a real QB offensively.

Now look at what the team did last year.

Its ****ing pathetic how bad we were on offense with Tebow.

Tebow didn't win us a single game last year. The defense won us 9 games last year, by doing enough to compensate for our ****ty quarterback play.

You ****ing people are insanely stupid if you think otherwise.

To prove my point: Whenever the defense sucked in games, we got our asses completely handed to us. Whenever the defense could shut the opposing team down, we could make a play by some fluke miracle and somehow pull a win out of our ass.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #5262
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Um, Tebow sucks.

Tebow didn't win us a single game last year. The defense won us 9 games last year, by doing enough to compensate for our ****ty quarterback play.

To prove my point: Whenever the defense sucked in games, we got our asses completely handed to us. Whenever the defense could shut the opposing team down, we could make a play by some fluke miracle and somehow pull a win out of our ass.
In addition, teams were starting to adjust to Tebow's limited skill set. I wasn't expecting lightning to strike twice. This season would have been a disaster...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #5263
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Tebow is a gimmick that had a short shelf life. It was fun while it lasted though...
^ This right here pretty much sums it up.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #5264
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Its irrational to think you have to hate one QB to like the other. I still liked Plummer when I was rooting for Jay. I thought Jake got the shaft as well but I wasn't hoping for Jay to lose games to prove me right. They're Pro QBs. Not ex girlfriends.

Alternate Universe type comparisons are rarely easy to make. Well I guess they are for some people. But many of those same people told us Kyle Orton gave us the best chance to win last year. Their bold predictions about what wouldda been this year can generally be responded to by pointing and laughing.
Ahh...but yet you labelled those of us who had concerns with Tebow's inability to throw accurately as "haters" and other derogatory names.

Amazing how you can claim you liked Jay and Jake, but you couldn't comprehend anyone liking Orton and Tebow in a similiar manner. Just because we supported the coaches decisions doesn't mean we hated the guy they didn't pick.....most of us in fact were hoping he would develop, but lost faith in him when he failed to show us anything but being able to run through DB's and "Tebowing"

And while some of us supported Orton, none of us whined like little b****es when he was bench and subsequently sent packing after being turnover prone....unlike you and your cronies, who were on here crying, name-calling, waxing poetic about the tears you and your child cried over Elway trying to make this team better.....

hell Baja was b****ing so much about Elway pursuing Manning and possibly getting rid of Tebow that he called this organization "classless" and said he'd no longer watch their games or buy their gear or even check the box score...in short he said he'd no longer be a fan of the Denver Broncos.

And despite many of us making logical and reasonable arguments for pursuing and signing Manning, and making the same kind of logical and reasonable arguments for how a QB of Manning's talent would vastly improve this team as a whole, you and your clown posse continued to name call and defend the non-throwing QB you were man crushing on.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #5265
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Me too.

I loved watching the Broncos improbable wins last year with Tim Tebow leading the way but I'm loving watching this team even more.

COMPLETE TEAM = GOOD THINGS HAPPENING

Odd, since you were the one who said if the Broncos signed Manning and got rid of Tebow, you'd no longer be a fan of the Broncos because they were a "classless" team...
Old 11-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #5266
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Um, Tebow sucks.

Let the truth be told
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #5267
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

let Tebow go people he is now a NY jet deal with it
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #5268
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Tebow is a gimmick that had a short shelf life. It was fun while it lasted though and it good to see that he also took full advantage of his 15 minutes in the sun.
Agreed. There's no shame in having enjoyed it and relished the exciting moments. The Bronco got as much as they can out of it and it was truly remarkable how much they got. Especially since they got out of it right in the nick of time by making what may end up being one of, if not the greatest free agent signing in NFL history. This couldn't have worked out better for Bronco fans. Tebow was a great guy to root for and we got out of it before we crashed with it.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #5269
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Um, Tebow sucks.

End the thread the truth is told.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #5270
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Um, Tebow sucks.

This should be required reading.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #5271
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Odd, since you were the one who said if the Broncos signed Manning and got rid of Tebow, you'd no longer be a fan of the Broncos because they were a "classless" team...
So tell me you spend hours with your juvenile witch hunt scouring a 200 page thread for what reason exactly?

Read a few more of my later posts on that thread and you will se I came around warming to the idea and eventually liking the idea but you won't post any of those because it would not contribute to inflating that insatiable ego of yours.

You must be one hella low esteem kinda a guy.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #5272
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Yes a "slide" that ended with beating the defending AFC champs then losing to the soon to be AFC champs (for the second time)

Needless to say most people wouldn't count a 4-12 team from a year prior going 1-1 in the playoffs as part of a "slide"

There's nothing Tim Tebow could've done to beat the New England Patriots last year. Our defense has improved, yet we still just finished watching them march up and down the field on us all game. Modern league record for first downs given up in a game. PMFM couldn't make it happen. But the rook loses twice to the same team and you call it a "slide"
Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #5273
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
So tell me you spend hours with your juvenile witch hunt scouring a 200 page thread for what reason exactly?

Read a few more of my later posts on that thread and you will se I came around warming to the idea and eventually liking the idea but you won't post any of those because it would not contribute to inflating that insatiable ego of yours.

You must be one hella low esteem kinda a guy.
so in your opinion, a guy with an insatiable ego has self esteem issues? OK....

It's not a witch hunt....the clowns I call out know damn good and well they acted like fools dismissing this team, coaches, FO, etc......in fact until broncalijohn quoted your post, I had completely forgotten you were a whiner in this thread. I didn't have to peruse 200 pages of stupid ignorance typed by those who I've called out....but thanks for playing.

Oh, and trying to climb onto the Ark now that the rains have come (Tebow approves of this Biblical analogy doesn't excuse your saying **** the Broncos and that they are a classless organization....well, at not least to me.

Last edited by errand; 11-17-2012 at 09:43 PM..
Old 11-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #5274
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Ahh...but yet you labelled those of us who had concerns with Tebow's inability to throw accurately as "haters" and other derogatory names.

Amazing how you can claim you liked Jay and Jake, but you couldn't comprehend anyone liking Orton and Tebow in a similiar manner. Just because we supported the coaches decisions doesn't mean we hated the guy they didn't pick.....most of us in fact were hoping he would develop, but lost faith in him when he failed to show us anything but being able to run through DB's and "Tebowing"

And while some of us supported Orton, none of us whined like little b****es when he was bench and subsequently sent packing after being turnover prone....unlike you and your cronies, who were on here crying, name-calling, waxing poetic about the tears you and your child cried over Elway trying to make this team better.....

hell Baja was b****ing so much about Elway pursuing Manning and possibly getting rid of Tebow that he called this organization "classless" and said he'd no longer watch their games or buy their gear or even check the box score...in short he said he'd no longer be a fan of the Denver Broncos.

And despite many of us making logical and reasonable arguments for pursuing and signing Manning, and making the same kind of logical and reasonable arguments for how a QB of Manning's talent would vastly improve this team as a whole, you and your clown posse continued to name call and defend the non-throwing QB you were man crushing on.
I called you a hater because you were (and are) Please quit with the revisionist history. You were against Tebow before and after he took over for your neckbearded boy wonder.

Or I guess maybe you'll be able to explain to me how your suggestion that the Heisman Trophy winner should attend someone's local high school football camp to learn how to fro spyros was really a reasonable, rational take instead of the mumbling of some idiot who couldn't stand Tebow before he ever even got going.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #5275
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
so in your opinion, a guy with an insatiable ego has self esteem issues? OK....

YES, exactly right

It's not a witch hunt...in fact until broncalijohn quoted your post, I had completely forgotten you were a whiner in this thread. I didn't have to peruse 200 pages of stupid ignorance typed by those who I've called out....but thanks for playing.

Witch hunt for any and everyone that had doubts about Manning.

If you were to check the thread you would find most posters coming around to the idea of what Manning might mean to the Broncos.

See it works like this;

First stage = reaction without investigation or lack of available information, passionately if you are a fan

Second stage = investigation / compiling information as it comes available

Third stage = after reviewing the current information, if favorable, acceptance

Fourth stage = witnessing the early results / rejoice

Fifth stage = unbridled joy shared by all Bronco fans

Oh, and trying to climb onto the Ark now that the rains have come (Tebow approves of this Biblical analogy doesn't excuse your saying **** the Broncos and that they are a classless organization....well, at not least to me.
Yes I'm claiming a seat on the Ark and if I have to toss your ass overboard I'm getting on

"At first I didn't like it, then I did"
Bold

Last edited by baja; 11-17-2012 at 10:05 PM..