The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #51
cartel
Solid Starter
 
For the win!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CLT
Posts: 123

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
I love Broncos football, couldn't give a **** what they're wearing. I leave the fashion to the ladies, and the superstitious.
Yeah but the players care. You look good, you play good. All about confidence.
cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #52
myMind
splinters reality until
 
myMind's Avatar
 
We Grok

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartel View Post
Yeah but the players care. You look good, you play good. All about confidence.
I have no issuses with other people, players or fans, opinionating on which jersey to wear.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #53
Raidersbane
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Raidersbane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Along the Chesapeake
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
I love Broncos football, couldn't give a **** what they're wearing. I leave the fashion to the ladies, and the superstitious.


This.....
Raidersbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #54
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartel View Post
Yeah but the players care. You look good, you play good. All about confidence.
I think they care more about the padding or lack of than the uniform design. Hardly ever see a WR wearing thigh or knee pads
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #55
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,741

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

We have 8 or 9 games to choose, all blue is with me fine for one.

But Lonestar is right. Why are we talking so much about fashion, we're not chicks, are we? Here's the first thread I started on the Mane:

Where did all the cool uniforms go?

For whatever boring, monochromatic (gotta be marketing related) reasons, the NFL has apparently decided every team must adopt navy/dark blue or black as a base color. In the last 10-15 years, literally half the league has done so:

Added Navy/Dark Blue, made it dominant:

1. Broncosdumped 2. Rams
3. Chargers
4. Seahawks
5. Patriots
6. Bills
7. Oilers/Titans
8. Cowboys (dumped medium blue jersey in 80s)
9. Texans (expansion w/ navy)

Added Black, at least as a base:
1. Eagles
2. Lions
3. Cardinals
4. Panthers (expansion)
5. Jaguars (expansion)
6. 49ers
7. Buccaneers


That's half the league. Plus several already had one of the colors. Holdouts are Giants, Packers, chefs, Dolphins, Jets.


BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #56
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
I love Broncos football, couldn't give a **** what they're wearing. I leave the fashion to the ladies, and the superstitious.
Add moron kiddie fans to that list.

Why anyone gets excited about the numerous combinations of colors, how they look on male athletes leads me to believe they should man up.

Reach right down inside your jockey shorts, or boxers and check out if your testicles have shriveled up.

Uniforms are worn so the team knows whose players are on each side. So the QB does not throw to the wrong guy.

Beyond that what does it matter.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #57
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
We have 8 or 9 games to choose, all blue is with me fine for one.

But Lonestar is right. Why are we talking so much about fashion, we're not chicks, are we? Here's the first thread I started on the Mane:

Where did all the cool uniforms go?

For whatever boring, monochromatic (gotta be marketing related) reasons, the NFL has apparently decided every team must adopt navy/dark blue or black as a base color. In the last 10-15 years, literally half the league has done so:

Added Navy/Dark Blue, made it dominant:

1. Broncosdumped 2. Rams
3. Chargers
4. Seahawks
5. Patriots
6. Bills
7. Oilers/Titans
8. Cowboys (dumped medium blue jersey in 80s)
9. Texans (expansion w/ navy)

Added Black, at least as a base:
1. Eagles
2. Lions
3. Cardinals
4. Panthers (expansion)
5. Jaguars (expansion)
6. 49ers
7. Buccaneers


That's half the league. Plus several already had one of the colors. Holdouts are Giants, Packers, chefs, Dolphins, Jets.


Had not seen this when I posted my comments.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #58
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,311

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Our record in all blue is actually pretty excellent. There was an article on it a few years ago. Even McDaniels found ways to win in all blue.
That's right. In fact since we got the new uniforms it was the orange we normally lost in. Now it doesn't matter, I love the all blue!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #59
cartel
Solid Starter
 
For the win!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CLT
Posts: 123

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Add moron kiddie fans to that list.

Why anyone gets excited about the numerous combinations of colors, how they look on male athletes leads me to believe they should man up.

Reach right down inside your jockey shorts, or boxers and check out if your testicles have shriveled up.

Uniforms are worn so the team knows whose players are on each side. So the QB does not throw to the wrong guy.

Beyond that what does it matter.
Matters to them though. Why do you think they wear suits just to go to the game? They want to look cool on the field too. I want to see old school uni's half the season.
cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #60
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartel View Post
Matters to them though. Why do you think they wear suits just to go to the game? They want to look cool on the field too. I want to see old school uni's half the season.
If that is what the players are worried about then the team has more problems than we know about.

Do they want to be in the old brown and mustard colors no. But overall if they are not complete morons they should not care.

I'm pretty sure they are no more motivated to play whether they have blue tops white bottoms. Vs there normal color of orange.

Now I will say having to wear a dark color on a hot summer day in Florida coils be something they perfer not to do. but they are professionals Paid to play not be pretty boys.

Unlike the queer eye for the football fan bois on here that believe it matters all that much.

As for wearing suits to games. Most of The teams have dress codes for game day. As far as them showing up in a suit to practice I doubt seriously any do.

But good try.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #61
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

I want to see a game or two in the 1962-67 uniforms.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #62
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Nothing good happens when we wear all blue uniforms..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #63
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Nothing good happens when we wear all blue uniforms..
no kidding, the only game I remember without looking anything up is Cutler's first career start vs seattle when Al hurt his neck.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #64
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,519

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

As I said, our record is awesome in all blue. And go_denethor picked us to go 4-12 so what does he know?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #65
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
no kidding, the only game I remember without looking anything up is Cutler's first career start vs seattle when Al hurt his neck.
A double bad whammy. Is that not enough.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #66
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer
 
BigPlayShay's Avatar
 
Novaking

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,447

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Nothing good happens when we wear all blue uniforms..
As I said earlier in the thread, they are 12-7 in the all Blue.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #67
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 
GANGNAM STYLE

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,960

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
If that is what the players are worried about then the team has more problems than we know about.

Do they want to be in the old brown and mustard colors no. But overall if they are not complete morons they should not care.
Then they're morons. Glad you cracked the case, Colombo.

Even in '98/'99, there was discussion/voting on what to wear, specifically as it relates to the blue on blue. Elway and Co. voted on whether or not to wear the blue pants. And shockingly, they won a Superbowl or two. They must have had real problems.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #68
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
no kidding, the only game I remember without looking anything up is Cutler's first career start vs seattle when Al hurt his neck.
As soon as we wear all blue uniforms...this team plays horrible...
Lot of injuries also..

I thought Elway is smart..Big Big mistake..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #69
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer
 
BigPlayShay's Avatar
 
Novaking

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,447

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut
Default

9/22/2003 Oakland Raiders Win
11/3/2003 New England Patriots Loss
10/9/2006 Baltimore Ravens Win
10/15/2006 Oakland Raiders Win
11/19/2006 San Diego Chargers Loss
12/7/2006 Seattle Seahawks Loss
10/21/2007 Pittsburgh Steelers Win
10/29/2007 Green Bay Packers Loss
11/19/2007 Tennesee Titans Win
12/9/2007 Kansas City Chiefs Win
12/30/2007 Minnesota Vikings Win
11/26/2009 New York Giants Win
11/28/2010 St. Louis Rams Loss
12/26/2010 Houston Texans Win
1/2/2011 San Diego Chargers Win
11/17/2011 New York Jets Win
12/11/2011 Chicago Bears Win
12/18/2011 New England Patriots Loss
1/1/2012 Kansas City Chiefs Loss

Last edited by BigPlayShay; 11-17-2012 at 04:28 PM..
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #70
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,945
Default

11/18/12 Chuggers Win
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #71
cartel
Solid Starter
 
For the win!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CLT
Posts: 123

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
If that is what the players are worried about then the team has more problems than we know about.

Do they want to be in the old brown and mustard colors no. But overall if they are not complete morons they should not care.

I'm pretty sure they are no more motivated to play whether they have blue tops white bottoms. Vs there normal color of orange.

Now I will say having to wear a dark color on a hot summer day in Florida coils be something they perfer not to do. but they are professionals Paid to play not be pretty boys.

Unlike the queer eye for the football fan bois on here that believe it matters all that much.

As for wearing suits to games. Most of The teams have dress codes for game day. As far as them showing up in a suit to practice I doubt seriously any do.

But good try.
Sound a bit old and out of touch. These players are in their early 20's and 30's. Of course they care and if they do, according to you, they are morons. Everyone is vain and to think young football players shouldn't be?
cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #72
BroncoFox
BroncoFox
 
BroncoFox's Avatar
 
I don't have fleas..

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,783
Default

Didn't we win all of our home games 2 years in a row when first wearing those unis? I thought we did. We had some pretty nice success with them. Wear them I say! =)
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #73
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,917

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
Didn't we win all of our home games 2 years in a row when first wearing those unis? I thought we did. We had some pretty nice success with them. Wear them I say! =)

Hey Foxy how are ya
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #74
Jetland
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
As soon as we wear all blue uniforms...this team plays horrible...
Lot of injuries also..

I thought Elway is smart..Big Big mistake..
the big question is
is the game fixed
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #75
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartel View Post
Sound a bit old and out of touch. These players are in their early 20's and 30's. Of course they care and if they do, according to you, they are morons. Everyone is vain and to think young football players shouldn't be?
Let me guess you are under 30. maybe even 20..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Denver Broncos