The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #5251
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 13,409

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

I must not have seen it because I didn't vote. So I'll go ahead and vote now if you all don't mind.

My vote is for Tebow..............hahahaha, JK.

And I also wanted to get a post in on a thread with over 5000 replies.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #5252
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 4,582

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
What's amazing is that so many could get such an easy question so very wrong.
Excluding the obvious Teboners like MacGruder, etc., it's not so amazing when put into context. Peyton was a total unknown(to the public) concerning his health and arm strength. It was perceived at the time to be a big risk for the team in terms of money and the "Tebow" backlash.

I did not vote in that poll, and I can't remember why, but I really didn't believe that the Broncos were interested in PM at the time he was cut. However, when he first visited the Broncos, I got real excited because Elway was assuring us that the neck was of little concern and it was just a matter of time.

I do remember wanting the Broncos to try to keep Tebow as a back up, but now in hindsight realize that I should never second-guess Elway again, especially when it comes to QB's. He knows his stuff, and this whole episode is why i am real excited about OZ.

I think Elway may have pulled off another heist with this kid. We'll find out soon enough.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #5253
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 8,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Manning would be a great Bronco.

Hey! Post #145.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #5254
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 31,397
Default

Really surprised to SoCal and Montrose on the Tebow list. The others are not surprising. Just strolling through those names I just have to laugh. go_broncos, lonestar, etc. Lol!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #5255
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 24,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Really surprised to SoCal and Montrose on the Tebow list. The others are not surprising. Just strolling through those names I just have to laugh. go_broncos, lonestar, etc. Lol!
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=299

Check out my post linked above from a different thread!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #5256
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Sure, I agree. I just think we have enough evidence with these players playing with a different, conventioanl QB to know that they don't suck BECAUSE of the QB. They mostly just suck.
Well Montrose thought that Manning wouldn't elevate the skill position players because Kyle ****ing Orton didn't
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #5257
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I knew Peyton would come back as a stud. It's not in him to play unless he's performing at his usual incredible level. There was a recent interview and he said he will play until he stops enjoying it or he's not performing at a high level. Given the new organization, it's a new chapter in the book and he's hitting his second wind. Throw in his arm strength getting better, and we could be seeing him for several more years! Hopefully he plays at least the length of the contract.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #5258
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Wade's World

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: filling the cups... lol
Posts: 35,072

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There's also some who wanted to keep both. Or even neither. Those options weren't viable (well I guess neither was), but it could prevent votes.

Not totally on topic, but I am SO grateful the Teboners are gone with all their stupid conspiracy theories and relentless finger pointing at literally every person on the Broncos organization and beyond for every single problem Tebow had.
The whole conspiracy angle and trashing John Elway would have perhaps made some sense if tearing down one of the best QBs to ever play in the league (and this isn't even debatable; it's fact) had magically resulted in some of Elway's mechanics/ability to read a defense/aptitude at consistently putting the football where it needs to be... being transferred to Tebow. But you can't improve one QB by knocking down another... and the ludicrous efforts at history-revision (trying to minimize or lowball what Elway did on the field for this franchise) was asinine.

I don't believe for an instant that it was personal with Elway (trading Tebow)... his job is to make the Broncos better and there's really no arguing that he did do that with the Manning acquisition.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #5259
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Hey! Post #145.
Yep, looks like today's biggest toldyasoers are still yesterday's legendary Neckbeard spunkguzzlers.

Thread "Orton Extended"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
I love it. He's something of a known qauntity who is, by all accounts, becoming a much better player in year two of this offense. Tebow, regardless of what he may become, is an unknown quantity at this time, much more popular in People Magazine than he is in Football Weekly. Tebow may be great, but no one knows for sure. Orton is good bordering on very good now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #5260
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 24,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yep, looks like today's biggest toldyasoers are still yesterday's legendary Neckbeard spunkguzzlers.

Thread "Orton Extended"
That's all well and good, but he didn't choose Orton over Manning like you chose Tebow over Manning. So be careful who you point and laugh at, because the joke's still on you.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #5261
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
That's all well and good, but he didn't choose Orton over Manning like you chose Tebow over Manning. So be careful who you point and laugh at, because the joke's still on you.
Hell at least Orton is still in the NFL!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #5262
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Beavis is still trying to defend the unemployed punt protector I see .......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #5263
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Hell at least Orton is still in the NFL!
....and he wasn't asked to switch positions either.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #5264
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 8,861
Default

This thread is pretty funny. Manning hadn't been cut until about post #75. Hilarity ensues.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #5265
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

It is a great thread. The Crapplanet has a Manning thread too that is gold. They were hoping to land him but know they wouldn't and then Denver gets him... then hilarity ensues!!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #5266
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Hot Damn.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 14,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
It is a great thread. The Crapplanet has a Manning thread too that is gold. They were hoping to land him but know they wouldn't and then Denver gets him... then hilarity ensues!!!!!
LINK LINK LINK.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #5267
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 27,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
38 year-old broke neck QB. Pass.
! Nice one GB!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #5268
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I'll bet anyone a year long OM ban that Peyton does not end up in Denver.
This post still makes me laugh. This clown should've voluntarily left this site.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #5269
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
That will never be the real case again in his career, so you've already killed your argument.
This was in response to Kevin James saying "a healthy Manning"

Man there are some HOF strike outs in this thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #5270
Punisher
®Spreading the Wealth
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
97,98,2015 Champs WOOOOOOOOOOOO!®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Film Room
Posts: 9,147

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7
Default

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100112

Oh Yes even I seen him being a bronco before he even landed in Denver
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #5271
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100112

Oh Yes even I seen him being a bronco before he even landed in Denver
The responses are classic.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #5272
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 8,861
Default

Anyone who wasn't all in on tebow was a hater.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #5273
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 8,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Manning would be a great Bronco.

Post #145. Ha.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #5274
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

First time I've gone back, only made 8 pages.

I like all the people laughing at the "loaded with talent" comment, seems to be the feeling round here now.

Also what happened to jhns? Did his Raider loving ass get perma banned or something?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #5275
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100112

Oh Yes even I seen him being a bronco before he even landed in Denver
Good call! And since we're patting ourselves on the back for "calling it"....here's one I nailed as well

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=159
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Denver Broncos