The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #151
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Give the guy the ball a little more that's all...would it kill that team? It's not
like it would disrupt any flow they have right now.

The one pass Tim can consistently hit on is the deep, over the shoulder throw. Let him uncork a couple..

Champ said it himself, it's different for Tim when he's in the game...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #152
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I call this the MacGruder effect. Jhns KOSK gobroncos and some others were so obnoxious in thinking they were right, pushing their agenda and propaganda all over this place. It provokes a sort of twisted redemption in alot of people. I was never this anti tebow until the day I first posted in here. My perception of tebow didn't change that much but it was intensified after being exposed to such lunacy.
Add in the fact that they trashed the players, the coaching staff and Elway in addition to calling those who had opposing opinions "haters" and other derogatory names.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #153
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I thought the jets were ground and pound
Isn't that tailor made for Timmy try hard
What does they say about Tim
Looks like this was purely a move by woody and the coaches wanted no part of tebow

Tim should have picked to go to jax
Now why didn't you come up with that when we were all trying to find a nick name for Tebow.

Timmy Try Hard - gotta love it.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #154
R-Mac

Matt Slauson is one of the worst OGs in the NFL, so the irony in that article is quite funny. The Jets are terrible, starting with the GM. And I'm not even sure the other "source" exists. The media just needs to keep feeding the fire.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #155
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
This is what makes me laugh. As pointed out already in this thread, Tebow wins at a better clip than half the starters in the NFL, and yet people still think it's absurd to consider him a legitimate QB.
How many ****ing times does it have to be repeated to the idiots that there are 3 plays that - due to no influence from Tebow, ZERO - changed what would have otherwise been a 4-7 record into a 7-4 record. These are plays that if you replay them the vast majority of the time, he's 4-7.

When you use his record as your argument, you really show you dont have a clue about football. He has about the same winning percentage as Andrew Luck. So they are roughly equal QBs right? And when Indy loses to NE this weekend, Tebow will have a better winnings percentage. So then he will be better? Thats the type of ****ty conclusion you can reach with just looking at a number.

I really think that if those 3 plays had turned out as the law of averages says they would, a good chunk of these folks would never have been on the Tebow is good QB bandwagon.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #156
Jekyll15Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I don't think you understand how bad a passer Sanchez is...
Agenoname with a terrible take? You dont say....

You need to get into the 2nd and 3rd string list before you find QBs that are worse PASSERS than Tebow
Old 11-17-2012, 05:04 AM   #157
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
How many ****ing times does it have to be repeated to the idiots that there are 3 plays that - due to no influence from Tebow, ZERO - changed what would have otherwise been a 4-7 record into a 7-4 record. These are plays that if you replay them the vast majority of the time, he's 4-7.

When you use his record as your argument, you really show you dont have a clue about football. He has about the same winning percentage as Andrew Luck. So they are roughly equal QBs right? And when Indy loses to NE this weekend, Tebow will have a better winnings percentage. So then he will be better? Thats the type of ****ty conclusion you can reach with just looking at a number.

I really think that if those 3 plays had turned out as the law of averages says they would, a good chunk of these folks would never have been on the Tebow is good QB bandwagon.
Good post! Plus some of those plays aka "Barbers" were completely the other team screwing up not TT doing anything. Then toss in plays like Novak missed FG, Prater hitting 58 yarder, even Rivers fumbling a kneel down and people act like TT made these great plays. To me he is the guy that lead us to losses in 4 of last 5 games and didn't beat any good teams other than a banged up Steeler team.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #158
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
Give the guy the ball a little more that's all...would it kill that team? It's not
like it would disrupt any flow they have right now.

The one pass Tim can consistently hit on is the deep, over the shoulder throw. Let him uncork a couple..

Champ said it himself, it's different for Tim when he's in the game...
While the QB certainly has a part in it, I always attributed successful deep balls to receivers as much as (or more than) QBs. The WR has subtle movements, comebacks, etc that he can use once he knows where the ball is going to land and adjust himself. The QB just has to get it in the general area.

To put it another way, if you put the stationary receiver out there and told the QB to put it in his hands, I think many would miss pretty bad. Add the complexity then of a moving target and it'd get even worse.

So I think the reason Tebow can hit deep balls better than short ones has nothing to do with increased accuracy and everything to do with giving the receivers more time to adjust to the ball.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #159
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Sanchez winning % is above .500 and has multiple playoff wins. Why isn't he a legitimate QB?
I guess I missed the part where I said anything about Sanchez not being a legitimate QB.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #160
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post

This is a great post to outline the absurd lengths that people will go to in order to completely deny Tebow any credit.

He took over a 1-4 team that was playing terrible football with no chance of making the playoffs under Orton, and yet somehow Tebow still "had nothing to do with the team winning games".
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #161
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

I love how a guy like Alex Smith gets 5 years to get his s-it together..Tebow gets 3/4 of a season that has to be one of the most analyzed 12 games in the history of the league.

Plays some ugly ball, plays some exhilarating ball, and now some hump like Slaussen is an expert...

I like listening to Gil Brandt on Sirius, and part of me agrees with his assessment, Tim just can't read defenses, but he also needs a coach that knows what to do with him...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #162
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
This is a great post to outline the absurd lengths that people will go to in order to completely deny Tebow any credit.
The only thing absurd here is people like you who keep clinging to the fantasy that Tebow is ever going to be an NFL QB.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #163
Agamemnon

Quote:
I love how a guy like Alex Smith gets 5 years to get his s-it together..Tebow gets 3/4 of a season that has to be one of the most analyzed 12 games in the history of the league.

Plays some ugly ball, plays some exhilarating ball, and now some hump like Slaussen is an expert...

I like listening to Gil Brandt on Sirius, and part of me agrees with his assessment, Tim just can't read defenses, but he also needs a coach that knows what to do with him...
Very well said. I still don't get why people expect Tebow to look like an elite passer when he's had different coaches, systems, and teammates every year he's been in the NFL. Developmental QB's who are never actually developed tend to not turn into great NFL passers.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #164
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Is it really necessary for some of you to get your rocks off on hating the guy whichs gives it all and gave us a great season last year when it clearly was gonna be a ****y year with Orton ?

Get over it and can your hatred..............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #165
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I like Tim but you gotta question the sanity of a young man that could get more ass than a toilet seat staying a Virgin.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #166
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Very well said. I still don't get why people expect Tebow to look like an elite passer when he's had different coaches, systems, and teammates every year he's been in the NFL. Developmental QB's who are never actually developed tend to not turn into great NFL passers.
I don't know that it was expected that he look like an elite QB. Just a reasonable facismilie of a QB that a coach could work with. And a QB that cares enough to work with the WR's even in the off season.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #167
Jekyll15Hyde

Quote:

He took over a 1-4 team that was playing terrible football with no chance of making the playoffs under Orton, and yet somehow Tebow still "had nothing to do with the team winning games".
So you would take Tebow over Luck. Good to know you ****ing moron.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #168
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

Because Tim has had same deficiencies since coming out of HS and college. Slow long delivery and poor accuracy. Read scouting reports and they sound the same and all say same thing.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #169
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

All I have to say is Denver is looking good and winning and you asshats are still talking about some BS that is long gone. Shows how great of fans all you are.

F-ing pathetic.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #170
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
All I have to say is Denver is looking good and winning and you asshats are still talking about some BS that is long gone. Shows how great of fans all you are.

F-ing pathetic.
Some fans are better than others.....sorry if that bothers you, but it's true.

for instance, (and only speaking for myself) I've never once hoped that the Broncos would a lose a game ever in my life...but we have "fans" who do, and say so....

I've never posted scenarios where the team would hypothetically be better should the VP and HC die in a plane crash...but we had a so called "fan" on here do exactly that...

I've never once wanted someone to take a crowbar to the knees or head of a player I didn't think was very good in order to get one I thought was better in the line up....but we had a "fan" post that kind of **** on this very site...

I never once ever thought about not cheering on the Broncos because they got rid of a player I happened to like...but we've had "fans" on here call this team classless because they didn't like how the team treated their favorite man crush..

sorry, but that kind of **** doesn't get a pass from me, and anyone who is a true fan in my opinion wouldn't let that **** slide either, but then again like I said...some fans are better than other fans.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #171
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Is it really necessary for some of you to get your rocks off on hating the guy whichs gives it all and gave us a great season last year when it clearly was gonna be a ****y year with Orton ?

Get over it and can your hatred..............
they cant and think those wins were not really wins. It seems they are satisfied with those losses Orton had and was pissed off about Tebow getting some of the credit for the wins. Look, it was a team effort with some good luck and fortune but it doesn't take away that Tebow still had to make drives count when we were down a score or two. Unconventional? Hell yes and sometimes frustrating.
Just because he is gone doesn't diminish his accomplishments and giving us some hope again with a great win vs. Steelers. Stating it was a banged up team is completely trivial and shows immaturity. Most are happy we got rid of him for Peyton but I will always be happy what he did while he got a chance....and glad I never went out and bought his jersey!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #172
Agamemnon

Until we see Tebow benefit from good QB coaching and continuity in a system over multiple seasons, all the people acting like he has failed as a QB are full of ****. You can't fail if you are never given any real chance to succeed. Expecting a spread option QB to adjust to pro style pass schemes overnight is beyond stupid, and you all should know that.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #173
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Until we see Tebow benefit from good QB coaching and continuity in a system over multiple seasons, all the people acting like he has failed as a QB are full of ****. You can't fail if you are never given any real chance to succeed. Expecting a spread option QB to adjust to pro style pass schemes overnight is beyond stupid, and you all should know that.
so tell us what your opinion of Brady Quinn is? He's hardly been given a chance as well...but he's also labelled a bust too by the same clowns who defend Tebow's never having been given a chance.

Or better yet, what about DT, coming from a rudimentary passing attack at GT and not being required to run perfect routes, etc....but he too has been called a bust by several clowns that defend Tebow as being a young inexperienced QB coming from a spread option offense in college to pro style in the NFL.

Last edited by errand; 11-17-2012 at 08:59 PM..
Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #174
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
So every spread option QB needs time? So all those great college QBs who sucked in the NFL should've got more chances? If the nose honks and the flower shoots water it's most defintely a clown. Some people never adjust.

And to the Alex smith reference(not by you agam), I didn't know he got his **** together? Dude still sucks and the niners have to gameplan for his deficiencies 7 years into his career.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #175
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Tebow hell of a nice guy
way below average QB
either needs to improve a hell of alot next year or just quit
maybe hire a top notch Qb coach to help him improve if its possible
people in the OM needs to stop obsessing over the guy
CHARGERS vsDENVER BRONCOS ,MANNING IS OUR QB 6-3

http://forums.theganggreen.com/ <-- go here to discuss Tim Tebow
its all NEW YORK JETS nfl football talk mcgruder would love to see you there he is lonely
END OF DISCUSSION
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote