The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #5226
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Your gloat is without reason.

Everything Chris said was a valid concern at the time it was written.


You guessed right / no big deal. Nice guess.
Yeah, like if Peyton got injured in preseason and Tebow took Jets to playoffs, half these clowns wouldn't be in here bumping threads thumping their chests feeling vindicated

after all the **** spewed in this thread (not to mention the other ones) my "gloating" is warranted and the reason for it is that many others trashed this team, Elway, Fox, the FO, etc. to defend their own ignorant opinions and guesses.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #5227
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,689

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yeah, like if Peyton got injured in preseason and Tebow took Jets to playoffs, half these clowns wouldn't be in here bumping threads thumping their chests feeling vindicated

after all the **** spewed in this thread (not to mention the other ones) my "gloating" is warranted and the reason for it is that many others trashed this team, Elway, Fox, the FO, etc. to defend their own ignorant opinions and guesses.
So you're doing the same thing from the other prospective, got it.

To each his own errand, have fun.

Last edited by baja; 11-16-2012 at 06:16 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #5228
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post



Your dream was true then I read this and realized you were joking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I've been here. Geeze.

Until someone can tell me how Manning turns Denver into a viable title contender, I will not be ok with peanut head in Denver.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #5229
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yeah, like if Peyton got injured in preseason and Tebow took Jets to playoffs, half these clowns wouldn't be in here bumping threads thumping their chests feeling vindicated

after all the **** spewed in this thread (not to mention the other ones) my "gloating" is warranted and the reason for it is that many others trashed this team, Elway, Fox, the FO, etc. to defend their own ignorant opinions and guesses.

Could be wrong, but I dont believe I trashed the front office, Elway or Fox. I saw a 37 year old QB coming off of four surgeries on the same body part. From all reports AT THE TIME, no one knew for sure if he could play at the level Manning had experienced previously. I saw holes on defense, and could not see the benefit of having a potentially gimpy QB signed for ridiculous amounts of money when we had serious needs elsewhere and could have gone after a few key FA's. As I stated in the podcast a few weeks back, I was clearly wrong about that.

So for you to specifically pick out something I said back in April or May, and then with hindsight try and correct me makes you look like a complete dick, for no other reason than being a dick.

Kudos on your dickness, I guess.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #5230
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer
 
DAN_BRONCO_FAN's Avatar
 
weed will win

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: colorado springs area
Posts: 3,027

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles
Default

6-3 just remember that and 2 nfl clubs dont want to start Tebow but one was forced to after kyle wasnt able to perform and Tebow came on and won a few games mostly by copying air force academy 's option playbook. but when forced to play like a regular QB he sorta came up short i really like the guy and wish he would hire the best Qb coach money can buy but no dont think he did . either that or he cant play QB
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #5231
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I've been here. Geeze.

Until someone can tell me how Manning turns Denver into a viable title contender, I will not be ok with peanut head in Denver.

you asked for anyone to tell you how Manning would turn this team into a viable contender, and then scoffed at those who did exactly that.....so forgive some of us who told you so, telling you we told you so.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #5232
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Tis over, my friends. We are all enjoying this season.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #5233
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,901

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Tis over, my friends. We are all enjoying this season.

I doubt MacGruder and a few others are enjoying the season. Their new team is 3-6 instead of 6-3
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #5234
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,218

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Whoever this prick decides on I wonder if they'll get all they bargained for.
Maybe I'll get my panties unbunched one of these days.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #5235
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,043

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Maybe I'll get my panties unbunched one of these days.
I assume that statement came closer to the end of the Manning watch. A time when ALL of us were fed up with the speculation and uncertainty.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #5236
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
you asked for anyone to tell you how Manning would turn this team into a viable contender, and then scoffed at those who did exactly that.....so forgive some of us who told you so, telling you we told you so.

You know if I were running around posting in every thread my hatred for the Manning signing for the entire season to this point, your assinine assertion I be put in my place for being wrong MIGHT make sense.

My saying I was wrong about it voids out any point you were trying to make. And it continues to become more about you being a dick, then me being wrong.

Find another dead horse to hack at.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #5237
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,218

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I assume that statement came closer to the end of the Manning watch. A time when ALL of us were fed up with the speculation and uncertainty.
Yes it did, but I'll still have my panties in a bunch if the god-like PMFM craps his pants in the playoffs.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #5238
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
You know if I were running around posting in every thread my hatred for the Manning signing for the entire season to this point, your assinine assertion I be put in my place for being wrong MIGHT make sense.

My saying I was wrong about it voids out any point you were trying to make. And it continues to become more about you being a dick, then me being wrong.

Find another dead horse to hack at.

He's still overcompensating for the shame he feels over his wet dreams last year about a shiny new contract for All Pro Kyle Orton.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #5239
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Yes it did, but I'll still have my panties in a bunch if the god-like PMFM craps his pants in the playoffs.
9 games in and they're already hanging up the mission accomplished banner. Its exciting to watch some good football but come playoff time if we look the same way we just did against the Pats we'll be pretty much exactly where many of the doubters predicted.

I'd love to be wrong. But people counting Lombardis after game 9 shouldn't be so eager to jinx it. 6-3 is nice. But let's remember that that kid who can't play QB was 7-4. And in the end from what I was told that didn't mean ****.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #5240
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
9 games in and they're already hanging up the mission accomplished banner. Its exciting to watch some good football but come playoff time if we look the same way we just did against the Pats we'll be pretty much exactly where many of the doubters predicted.

I'd love to be wrong. But people counting Lombardis after game 9 shouldn't be so eager to jinx it. 6-3 is nice. But let's remember that that kid who can't play QB was 7-4. And in the end from what I was told that didn't mean ****.
And then went 1-4 to finish the season. I'd be very suprised if this team went 1-4 over the last 5 games and limp into the playoffs and needing Rivers to bails us out after failing to score a touchdown against the lowly Chiefs at home no less

I have a good feeling about this team but you're right we need to wait and see.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #5241
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
And then went 1-4 to finish the season. I'd be very suprised if this team went 1-4 over the last 5 games and limp into the playoffs and needing Rivers to bails us out after failing to score a touchdown against the lowly Chiefs at home no less

I have a good feeling about this team but you're right we need to wait and see.
We were 2-3 over the last 5 games of the season last year. And yes Tebow didn't play well in two of those losses. But you'd be hard pressed to find a qb in his first season's games who didn't string together a ****ty game or three.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:15 AM   #5242
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
We were 2-3 over the last 5 games of the season last year. And yes Tebow didn't play well in two of those losses. But you'd be hard pressed to find a qb in his first season's games who didn't string together a ****ty game or three.
And yet you still wanted tebow over manning and he isn't even playing QB right now. He also can't beat out one of the worst starters in the game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #5243
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,415

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
He's still overcompensating for the shame he feels over his wet dreams last year about Tim Tebow still being the Broncos starting QB or at least backup, taking over when Manning got hurt again early in the season. And still not realizing it wasn't the OL or WR's..
It can apply to you too.

Quote:
I'd love to be wrong. But people counting Lombardis after game 9 shouldn't be so eager to jinx it. 6-3 is nice. But let's remember that that kid who can't play QB was 7-4. And in the end from what I was told that didn't mean ****.
You wouldn't love to be wrong. At least he admitted he was wrong. You're praying you can come back and think you were right and express it as stupidly as ever. That kid wasn't 7-4, the Broncos were 7-4 and it amazes me that you still do not see that. That kid could never have brought us back in some of the games this year. And Manning rightfully credits the defense for their part in those games. You couldn't see that the defense keeping the games close last year majorily contributed to what Tebow did in one quarter. The Broncos are now 6-3 and if they lose the rest of the games or win the rest, that 7-4 still won't mean ****.

Last edited by gunns; 11-17-2012 at 06:21 AM..
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #5244
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
It can apply to you too.



You wouldn't love to be wrong. At least he admitted he was wrong. You're praying you can come back and think you were right and express it as stupidly as ever. That kid wasn't 7-4, the Broncos were 7-4 and it amazes me that you still do not see that. That kid could never have brought us back in some of the games this year. And Manning rightfully credits the defense for their part in those games. You couldn't see that the defense keeping the games close last year majorily contributed to what Tebow did in one quarter. The Broncos are now 6-3 and if they lose the rest of the games or win the rest, that 7-4 still won't mean ****.
Peyton Manning is also 6-3. See how that works.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #5245
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,415

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Peyton Manning is also 6-3. See how that works.
No, the Broncos are 6-3. See how that works. Reading comprehension, it's a good thing.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #5246
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,689

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Peyton Manning is also 6-3. See how that works.

No Peyton Manning is 6'5 the Broncos are 6 and 3
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #5247
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
And yet you still wanted tebow over manning and he isn't even playing QB right now. He also can't beat out one of the worst starters in the game.
I wanted to see where the road we were on last year led. I don't apologize for it. I'm just not going to listen to any smack talk 9 steps down the other path. I'm still watching. Still attending and enjoying. But the pudding proof in this case only comes in the playoffs which was said hundreds of times last March. Back then nobody would've agreed that 6-3 meant anything.

Oh and Rex Ryan is an idiot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #5248
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
No, the Broncos are 6-3. See how that works. Reading comprehension, it's a good thing.
Well you better take your war on colloquialism to the Sports writing industry as a whole.

http://extreme.mobile.msn.com/sports...rticle/1624733

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #5249
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,415

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Well you better take your war on colloquialism to the Sports writing industry as a whole.

http://extreme.mobile.msn.com/sports...rticle/1624733

Really? I fail to see what that has to do with anything being discussed here. Except maybe even that writer states the Colts are 5-3 and then he becomes as dumb as you, stating Manning is 5-3. Does it make you feel better that a writer is that dumb too? Whatever makes you rationalize a little better.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #5250
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I wanted to see where the road we were on last year led. I don't apologize for it. I'm just not going to listen to any smack talk 9 steps down the other path. I'm still watching. Still attending and enjoying. But the pudding proof in this case only comes in the playoffs which was said hundreds of times last March. Back then nobody would've agreed that 6-3 meant anything.

Oh and Rex Ryan is an idiot.
It's comical that you think we could win with your boy. He is so bad his team bags on him. We won despite him with ST TD, defensive TD and teams plain imploding. There is no way we win division with him under C let alone make playoffs. I Hope you sold your tickets this year because it is killing you how good Manning has been.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Denver Broncos