The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #126
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Would you like to rehash your "Orton gives us the best chance to win" takes as well, or do you just want to cherry-pick my poor takes a bump those threads?

I guess I'm comfortable in knowing that I'm not always going to be right, so I'm not too concerned with attatching a disclaimer to every one of my posts.

Yet another clown who thinks someone saying Orton>Tebow is as stupid as him saying Tebow>Manning...

Un****ingbelievable!

Last edited by errand; 11-16-2012 at 11:11 AM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #127
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

Yet another clown who thinks someone saying Orton>Tebow is as stupid him saying Tebow>Manning...

Un****ingbelievable!
Where has anyone other that Macguber ever said Tebow>Manning?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #128
Agamemnon

Sounds like the same **** that happened here. People just seem to hate the kid for whatever reason. To act like Sanchez is better than Tebow is beyond nuts. Tebow as a starter last year > Mark Sanchez, and anyone with a functioning brain knows it.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #129
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Watching the Jets fail to figure out how to get any type of success out of Tebow only strengthens the case that McCoy is a good OC IMO.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #130
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Sounds like the same **** that happened here. People just seem to hate the kid for whatever reason. To act like Sanchez is better than Tebow is beyond nuts. Tebow as a starter last year > Mark Sanchez, and anyone with a functioning brain knows it.
Wait what? Sanchez is a better quarterback, much better, and it sounds like half the Jets player personnel agrees. I mean Sanchez sucks but he is definitely a better QB than Tebow.

Tebow is probably a better running back than Shonn Greene and he's definitely a pretty good punt protector.
orangemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #131
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemonkey View Post
Wait what? Sanchez is a better quarterback, much better, and it sounds like half the Jets player personnel agrees. I mean Sanchez sucks but he is definitely a better QB than Tebow.

Tebow is probably a better running back than Shonn Greene and he's definitely a pretty good punt protector.
Sanchez is actually pretty much on par with Tebow as a passer, but with no real athleticism or intangibles. Sanchez is probably worse than Orton to be honest. Don't be a dip****.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #132
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Sanchez is actually pretty much on par with Tebow as a passer, but with no real athleticism or intangibles. Sanchez is probably worse than Orton to be honest. Don't be a dip****.
Holy **** - okay. Tebow sucks at passing, he runs good and his one intangible is that he's a really nice guy. He is not an NFL caliber starting quarterback. Sanchez is and he's bottom 3rd in the league. Carry on though.
orangemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #133
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
He is not an NFL caliber starting quarterback.
This is what makes me laugh. As pointed out already in this thread, Tebow wins at a better clip than half the starters in the NFL, and yet people still think it's absurd to consider him a legitimate QB.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #134
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Jets players want to keep it as status quo and continue to lose while the backup doesn't have a pretty throw at all but might get them a few more wins. I guess they would rather have ugly losses than to have ugly wins.

That team is full of losers.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #135
Drunken.Broncoholic

What has Tebow done in his entire Jet career that warrants a start? Jets fans asking for Tebow has alot more to do with Sanchez sucking than it does Tebow being good. I didnt see any production from him in preseason. I dont watch the practices but jets players do and their evaluation is evident. McElroy has shown more why not start him? Sanchez doesn't deserve to start throw in the next best player.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #136
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
This is what makes me laugh. As pointed out already in this thread, Tebow wins at a better clip than half the starters in the NFL, and yet people still think it's absurd to consider him a legitimate QB.
Sanchez winning % is above .500 and has multiple playoff wins. Why isn't he a legitimate QB?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #137
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
How many games have all those players started?

How many has Tebow?

How many of those QB's have had an offense totally tailored just for them?

How many teams are running the wildcat exclusively because their QB can't read a defense or throw the ball worth a crap?

Why the hell are we still talking about this crap?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #138
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
How many games have all those players started?

How many has Tebow?

How many of those QB's have had an offense totally tailored just for them?

How many teams are running the wildcat exclusively because their QB can't read a defense or throw the ball worth a crap?

Why the hell are we still talking about this crap?
That's a good question. Here's the answer: Somebody always has to be right.

Just like people are claiming if Tebow had done well, there would be "I told you so" threads posted.

Tebow isnt doing well so there's people on the other side of the argument that has to say "I told you so."

In the end, youre all sick ****s
Old 11-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #139
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post

Just like people are claiming if Tebow had done well, there would be "I told you so" threads posted.

Tebow isnt doing well so there's people on the other side of the argument that has to say "I told you so."

So true here we have a HUGE game with the Chuggers where we can basically take the Division and Tebow is the top thread.....Pathetic
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #140
swaiy

Also, so what if he is terrible? Total dick move by his teammates.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #141
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
So true here we have a HUGE game with the Chuggers where we can basically take the Division and Tebow is the top thread.....Pathetic
Which, with this gem of a post, you sent to the top.

Don't like it? Comment on something else, or fart out a new thread.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #142
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

this

move on people
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #143
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

It looks like Tebow recognizes no matter how many hours he puts in trying to hone his passing skills, he'll never have NFL level passing skills. Dude has given up trying to be anything but a role player.

NYJ gonna have to find a QB in the next couple of drafts.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #144
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

I call this the MacGruder effect. Jhns KOSK gobroncos and some others were so obnoxious in thinking they were right, pushing their agenda and propaganda all over this place. It provokes a sort of twisted redemption in alot of people. I was never this anti tebow until the day I first posted in here. My perception of tebow didn't change that much but it was intensified after being exposed to such lunacy.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #145
Agamemnon

Quote:
Holy **** - okay. Tebow sucks at passing, he runs good and his one intangible is that he's a really nice guy. He is not an NFL caliber starting quarterback. Sanchez is and he's bottom 3rd in the league. Carry on though.
I don't think you understand how bad a passer Sanchez is...
Old 11-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #146
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
If he has a D that can keep him within one score and he has the ball last in the 4th quarter then sure but when he has to win games passing and putting up points not so much.

Just look at his last 5 RS games last year. The Pitt game was a great moment but he struggled to start the game then could not take it over in regulation letting Pitt back in the game with a fumble if I remember right.

I think Tebows last 5 regular season games are the true indicator of what he is at the NFL level.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #147
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Watching the Jets fail to figure out how to get any type of success out of Tebow only strengthens the case that McCoy is a good OC IMO.
It doesn't help Tebow when D's know he is only in there to run the ball. Most of his big plays running came from pulling the ball down in passing situations.

How many 3rd and 16's did he convert because defenses had to cover the WR's, a ton!

For Tebow to be effective running the Jets need to keep him in for a series or at least multiple plays and have him attempt some passes. As the D needs to stay honest in the passing game then the rush ops will be there.

Glad it is the Jets problem and not our anymore. I forgot how much I loved having a HOF QB on our team!

Go Broncos!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #148
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Its apples and oranges. The whole spot duty thing is nice in theory, but doesnt actually work. Though why hes not always on the field on the goal line is beyond me. Dumb.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #149
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If he has a D that can keep him within one score and he has the ball last in the 4th quarter then sure but when he has to win games passing and putting up points not so much.

Just look at his last 5 RS games last year. The Pitt game was a great moment but he struggled to start the game then could not take it over in regulation letting Pitt back in the game with a fumble if I remember right.

I think Tebows last 5 regular season games are the true indicator of what he is at the NFL level.
Of course you do, but there's no more reason to think that than to think the pair of 300 yard games he's managed are the true indicator of where he is at or can be at. The guy has been great and terrible at the NFL level, and which you think is more indicative of his ability reflects more on you and how a person feels about the guy than anything real (I include myself in this).

All that said, the talk of Sanchez being better than Tebow reminds me of the talk of Orton being better than Tebow, and we all know how that turned out.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #150
CEH
Ring of Famer

I thought the jets were ground and pound
Isn't that tailor made for Timmy try hard
What does they say about Tim
Looks like this was purely a move by woody and the coaches wanted no part of tebow

Tim should have picked to go to jax
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote