The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #101
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Because McGruder posted about a thousand times a day.
He was one of the leaders...but not the only one who posted that drivel.

Look I don't expect you to take my word for it. Read those old threads.....read how they tried to dismiss Manning's ability to win with this team, read how stupid the coaching staff and FO were...read how stupid other posters were for saying what everyone is witnessing this team accomplish....

and the majorioty of those attacks came from those whack job fans of his who thought he was the sole reason this team did anything last year, as he revolutionized the QB position.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #102
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah the ships going down. He's probably worried about losing the locker room, but losing games gets you fired.
The Jets are already losing games.....and quite frankly I have no idea why he doesn't bench the underachievers and play the bench warmers...either way, same result...another Jets loss.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #103
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Sure winning those games was great.....but his contributions to our team were no more impressive than Bubby Brister keeping the Ferrari out of the ditch by going 4-0 keeping the Broncos quest of a perfect season intact or when Gus Frerotte went 5-1 down the stretch after we were 6-4....

In his six games (5 starts) Gus led the Broncos to 5 wins...scored 38 points in 4 of them (scored 38 in 3 consecutive games too) and came off the bench to win Mile High Stadium's final game....but he was ineffective vs. the Raven juggernaut D (who the **** wasn't?) and has been ripped on here mercilessly by the majority of members.....

I guess you're only as good as your last game as a Bronco. At least Gus could throw the damn ball adequately...
See, this is what I don't get. I understand you think Tebow is not a great passer - I agreed with you. I understand you don't think his style can work long time, I agreed with that too. And it's certainly you prerogative if you did not find last year as amazingly fun as I did.

But why do you hate Tebow so much (and your whole tone screams it)? Your hate is as irrational to me as the love of the Tebow faithful. Just don't get it.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #104
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Frankly, I'd start Tebow at this point if I was Rex. He's already lost the team. What more does he have to lose?
I would too if the fans were actually calling for him. There is no need to shut them up because they aren't screaming for him like we were here.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #105
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
See, this is what I don't get. I understand you think Tebow is not a great passer - I agreed with you. I understand you don't think his style can work long time, I agreed with that too. And it's certainly you prerogative if you did not find last year as amazingly fun as I did.

But why do you hate Tebow so much (and your whole tone screams it)? Your hate is as irrational to me as the love of the Tebow faithful. Just don't get it.
It's deeply rooted in the subconscious. It is based on the hero archetype who happens to be a religious figure as well.

It really has nothing to do with football, the game is merely the stage.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #106
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post

I'll argue that it's not hatred for Tebow ...but hatred of his whack job fans who trashed this team defending their hero.

For months this place has been subjected to their venom dismissing the other players on this team, FO, and coaching staff. And now they have the nerve to act surprised that Manning has helped bring to reality Elway's vision of this team.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #107
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Hey, Woody Boner didn't sign up for 3-6 so some heads are gonna roll.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #108
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Posted this in another forum but applies here too...

I'm biased cause i love the guy but imo this whole thing has been a disgrace with Tebow. He's been left to rot on the bench behind one of the worst starters in the NFL and has been undermined at every corner, be it his coach, his teammates, his fellow players across the league, the media or the general NFL community. It's not right. What other player has ever been subject to this sort of treatment? Say what you want about his abilities as a passer or his beliefs but he does not deserve on his body of work in the game to be ridiculed and undermined by everyone including the guys supposed to have his back.

I mean, last year Fox and Elway were VERY sceptical on the whole idea and did pull the plug on it with Manning but we did roll with it, the players backed him to the hilt and we certainly weren't disappointed with the results. I fear he wont make it in the NFL simply because too many have bought into the bull**** and he wont ever get a real crack of the whip again. Tbh he made a mistake not going to Jacksonville..
I find it reprehensible what the cowardly Jets players are doing to one of their own. But I also believe that the media has created part of the problem for Tebow and that part is his fault too. As someone mentioned, what backup is part of the press conference. Not to mention all the other media exposure that he jumps right into. He's very good at mentioning his teammates in victory. Why not tell the press to talk to those teammates instead. I'm sure his teammates, here and there, want a teammate instead of a novelty that has no problem stepping in the spot light when it isn't deserved.

Here in Denver he garnered the majority of the exposure while everyone threw the OL and the WR's under the bus for not "helping" him more. We found that wasn't the case. Maybe he's using the exposure to spread his "message". If that's the case, go into another business. While his teammates should keep any discord in house, Tebow only has to look in the mirror for a big part of the problem.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #109
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Way too late for Tebow now. If he won some games it would make coaches look like they waited too long for the switch.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #110
TonyR
Franchise Poster

"Gimmick" QB's get figured out. Look at Michael Vick. A far more talented gimmick QB than Tebow. He was very good early in his career but got figured out. He came back in 2010 with the Eagles and played lights out football for the first 3/4 of that year, a smarter, more mature version of his former self with better coaching. But then he settled back to the mean a little bit the last 1/4 of that season. He was so good overall that the Eagles threw a huge pile of money at him. His average (or worse) play carried into 2011 and now 2012 to the point where the Eagles will cut him loose after this season.

Tebow will never replicate the success he had with the Broncos last year. He had some small bursts of good play that was somehow good enough for the Broncos to pull out some wins against some mostly mediocre (or worse) opponents. But if you were watching without Tebow sunbeams glinting into your eyes you could see that he was mostly awful and that opponents were mostly figuring him out. You can catch opponents off guard with that stuff every now and again but you can't base an offense off of that garbage. Elway and Fox knew it. Fans who weren't worshipping at the Tebow altar knew it. And every other team in the league knew it, including the Jets who don't seem to be in any hurry to insert him as the starter.

You Tebow lovers need to get over it. Great kid. Provided some great moments last year. But not an NFL QB.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #111
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

A guy who's "Revolutionizing the QB position" as the punt protector on the Jets is being called terrible by his teammates on 2 different teams and hasn't improved at all while supposedly working intensely all offseason and year long with QB guru's is really being screwed over because he sucks at what he's supposed to be good at?

You people really need to get a grip on reality
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #112
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
A guy who's "Revolutionizing the QB position" as the punt protector on the Jets is being called terrible by his teammates on 2 different teams and hasn't improved at all while supposedly working intensely all offseason and year long with QB guru's is really being screwed over because he sucks at what he's supposed to be good at?

You people really need to get a grip on reality
One thing that always jumps out to me is the guy that's always the first one there and the last one out. In my experience, those people are there because they want to be known that way. Personally, I'd rather work my tail off while I'm there and when that siren blows, call it a day and go home. I've outworked many during my normal workday that made a name for themselves as overachievers on the time clock. Some guys have to work late on occasion but the ones that consistently stay later than everyone else are doing so for the sake of staying late or because they can't manage their time during the day.

Again, my experiences.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #113
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
One thing that always jumps out to me is the guy that's always the first one there and the last one out. In my experience, those people are there because they want to be known that way. Personally, I'd rather work my tail off while I'm there and when that siren blows, call it a day and go home. I've outworked many during my normal workday that made a name for themselves as overachievers on the time clock. Some guys have to work late on occasion but the ones that consistently stay later than everyone else are doing so for the sake of staying late or because they can't manage their time during the day.

Again, my experiences.
It's more of a figure of speech, the "first one in, last one out." It's not even actually always true. It's a shorthand way of conveying someone goes the extra mile, does anything they can to get better.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #114
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
It's more of a figure of speech, the "first one in, last one out." It's not even actually always true. It's a shorthand way of conveying someone goes the extra mile, does anything they can to get better.
Well I've known plenty that did the first one there, last one out, thing. An hour or two early for work, always staying hours after their day ended, and occasionally showing up on days off kinda people. I guess since I've seen it, I didn't realize people also use it in a figurative way.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #115
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I'll argue that it's not hatred for Tebow ...but hatred of his whack job fans who trashed this team defending their hero.
Completely untrue, you can't stand the guy. Watching Tebow lead this team to wins last year was brutal for you, and you made that clear time and time again.
Dedhed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #116
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I wonder how many starting QBs in the league have a worse winning % than Tebow does as a starter.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #117
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I wonder how many starting QBs in the league have a worse winning % than Tebow does as a starter.

Palmer
Smith
Sanchez
Cassel
Dalton
Bradford
Ponder
Kolb/Skelton (both, they don't even know who their starter is)
Fitzpatrick
Freeman
Stafford
Newton
Gabbert
Tannehill
RG 3
Weeden
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #118
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Better question is how many of those teams would prefer Tebow as their starter. I can only tell you for sure that the number is considerably lower than 16...
Old 11-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #119
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Better question is how many of those teams would prefer Tebow as their starter. I can only tell you for sure that the number is considerably lower than 16...
1?

"Gabbert"

actually it just illustrates how stupid it is to use winning percentage as a barometer for individuals in the ultimate team sport. (unless it's Peyton Manning, in which case it is quite illuminating)

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 11-16-2012 at 10:22 AM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #120
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Simply serving your agenda doesn't actually make it a better question, you know.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #121
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Simply serving your agenda doesn't actually make it a better question, you know.
Don't make me start bumping our exchanges from the thread linked below. Let's just say, to be kind and gentle, that it isn't exactly your finest hour.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103916
Old 11-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #122
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Don't make me start bumping our exchanges from the thread linked below. Let's just say, to be kind and gentle, that it isn't exactly your finest hour.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103916
OOOOooo, scare me with threats about bumping a thread where I expressed doubts about Manning's health. Please Tony! spare me your interwebz wrath!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #123
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

actually it just illustrates how stupid it is to use winning percentage
Yes, everyone knows it's far more intelligent to use completion percentage in the ultimate team sport!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #124
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
...a thread where I expressed doubts about Manning's health...
You didn't just "express doubts". You did what you so often do: express certainties about how right you were (Manning will never be a Bronco! Manning will never be healthy!) and how wrong everyone else was. Only to be proven very, very wrong. It's all there in that thread, for anyone and everyone to see. Just like the thread where you said with such certainty what a bust J.J. Watt was going to be. If you'd express things as "I think" instead of "I know", and weren't so condescending and arrogant while doing so, you wouldn't come across looking so bad so often. Just a suggestion.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #125
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
You didn't just "express doubts". You did what you so often do: express certainties about how right you were (Manning will never be a Bronco! Manning will never be healthy!) and how wrong everyone else was. Only to be proven very, very wrong. It's all there in that thread, for anyone and everyone to see. Just like the thread where you said with such certainty what a bust J.J. Watt was going to be. If you'd express things as "I think" instead of "I know", and weren't so condescending and arrogant while doing so, you wouldn't come across looking so bad so often. Just a suggestion.
Would you like to rehash your "Orton gives us the best chance to win" takes as well, or do you just want to cherry-pick my poor takes a bump those threads?

I guess I'm comfortable in knowing that I'm not always going to be right, so I'm not too concerned with attatching a disclaimer to every one of my posts.