The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #51
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

**** i thought they fined him for being too good.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #52
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Now tackling will be illegal 15 yd unsportsmanlike conduct, **** this asshat
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #53
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Now who is being combative. Name calling that is beneath you or at least it used to be. .

What obsess you off is you know I'm correct in what I'm saying.
While most are being emotional or juvelinile about it.

I'm giving the facts and frankly it seems that YOU CAN'T handle it.

Let's repeat the facts..
  1. They were fined for braking the rules.
  2. Because they are broncos everyone is butt hurt about it.
  3. If it were Manning most would be out raged.
  4. The Commissioners office is doing the job they were hired to do.
  5. The refs flagged it because it was a foul.
  6. The owners made the rule to protect the QBs.

Now I personally do not agree with the fine, but it is not in my wheel house ( translated I have zero power to change it). Nor does anyone else on here the pissing and moaning should be directed at the OWNERS. (for you über liberals the fat cat billionaires).

So IN YOUR OPINE I'm wrong for pointing out facts.

Yep that is logical.
Unfortunately I agree with Lonestar on this. The rules are there to protect the QB. They were made by the owners and the players union signed off. The commissioners office is just enforcing it.

I don't agree with the rules, but the hate directed toward Goodell is unfair. Any hate should be directed at the owners and the players union. Besides, I don't even think Goodell is the one making all the fines.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #54
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The problem with directing ANY hatred at the NFL for these things (and I do - I hate the new rules) is that the NFL is doing this stuff only due to the current attempts by the players to constantly claim the NFL isn't doing enough to protect them. The NFL has to protect the players from themselves and if they don't do a good enough job, more people just sign onto the lawsuits.

If the union were leading the charge on change in these departments, the NFL wouldn't have to. I think it's pathetic that the players are trying to hurt each other so often that the NFL has to step in while the union itself just stands back and cries about what the NFL is doing to its players.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #55
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I did not say it was, dirty or cheap, but it was not a legal hit according to the rules..

I do not fault Von for being the energizer bunny continuing to try.. in fact I applaud him for it..

But it was not a legal hit.. Plain and simple or the league would not have fined him..

your beef is with the owners they set the rules.. not with the commissioners office, they are doing their jobs....
My beef is with the commisioners office overextending themselves to fine plays that aren't fine worthy. Illegal hit and he got the flag for it, but finable hits are those where there is an intent to injure. Von just didn't quit on a play where he was pulled to the ground. If these types of plays ensure a penalty and a fine you are going to see the further pussification of the NFL because OL will just be taught to take there opposition to the ground because that player us basically taken out of the play and if that player keeps playing he's going to get penalized. Also defensive players will quit playing once they get knocked down to avoid letters from Goodell
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #56
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Bet Von wins his appeal
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #57
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
The problem with directing ANY hatred at the NFL for these things (and I do - I hate the new rules) is that the NFL is doing this stuff only due to the current attempts by the players to constantly claim the NFL isn't doing enough to protect them. The NFL has to protect the players from themselves and if they don't do a good enough job, more people just sign onto the lawsuits.

If the union were leading the charge on change in these departments, the NFL wouldn't have to. I think it's pathetic that the players are trying to hurt each other so often that the NFL has to step in while the union itself just stands back and cries about what the NFL is doing to its players.

Unions in general are for one thing.. What the players want. In general MONEY, no one on the D Side is in favor of making it easier for the QB or passing game no one of the O is in favor of making defending easier.

Now they will piss and moan publicly about making the game safer, then turn around as players and whine about the rules being changed or being enforced.

The union is on record but there is no real teeth in what they said. The players are warriors the union is coach speak.

There only job is to get more money for their millionaire players, from the billionaire owner.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #58
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
My beef is with the commisioners office overextending themselves to fine plays that aren't fine worthy. Illegal hit and he got the flag for it, but finable hits are those where there is an intent to injure. Von just didn't quit on a play where he was pulled to the ground. If these types of plays ensure a penalty and a fine you are going to see the further pussification of the NFL because OL will just be taught to take there opposition to the ground because that player us basically taken out of the play and if that player keeps playing he's going to get penalized. Also defensive players will quit playing once they get knocked down to avoid letters from Goodell
Partially I agree. About quitting and making the game more gentille.

But the pendulum will swing back some when the owners see that like in this case he was taken out of the play by defacto holding. The pressure from them will cause the refs to throw the flag at the real culprit. And then the defender gets flagged for REAL hits only.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #59
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Didn't this all start when Brady went down a few years back with the knee injury on a similar play? EDIT: I think this is what started it all-

Seemed legit then, and it seems legit now. That's a football player trying to make a tackle, and an unfortunate result of Tom Terrific stepping forward at the same time Pollard was leaping forward. I don't have a video of Von's hit (if anyone could supply it, that would be great), but don't remember seeing anything "fineworthy" on sunday.

If the same thing happened to Manning, it (imo) would be an unfortunate turn of events, but I wouldn't be up in arms at all.

I think the majority of people on the Mane would realize that it's a normal hit, without malice, and completely within reason. This whole "90% of the OM would be crying" is pure speculation, just as my reasoning is.

Thanks Roger Goodell and the owners for pussifying my favorite game
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #60
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Didn't this all start when Brady went down a few years back with the knee injury on a similar play? EDIT: I think this is what started it all-

Seemed legit then, and it seems legit now. That's a football player trying to make a tackle, and an unfortunate result of Tom Terrific stepping forward at the same time Pollard was leaping forward. I don't have a video of Von's hit (if anyone could supply it, that would be great), but don't remember seeing anything "fineworthy" on sunday.

If the same thing happened to Manning, it (imo) would be an unfortunate turn of events, but I wouldn't be up in arms at all.

I think the majority of people on the Mane would realize that it's a normal hit, without malice, and completely within reason. This whole "90% of the OM would be crying" is pure speculation, just as my reasoning is.

I had thought it was started back when Bledsoe was hurtthen added to it when Palmer was hit low And I think the final straw was Brady. Two of those three QBs were krafts a me he has loads of power as an owner.

If you falling out of love with the NFL there are alternatives the underwear league and rugby.

No one wants to see a career ended with a cheap shot. Well no one with half a brain.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #61
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Whatever, it's only 20 grand. Von Miller makes that in his sleep and I doubt it effects his play whatsoever. Just thought about that hit from Mays on i can't think of his name from Houston.. that was vicious. really vicious. Let's hit like that.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #62
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post

it was exacerbated by the injury to Brady, Palmer's injury raised the issues of being hit low but Brady made them fly into action due to the outrage at one of the game's top players being out for the year on a hit that shouldn't have happened in theory.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #63
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
Whatever, it's only 20 grand. Von Miller makes that in his sleep and I doubt it effects his play whatsoever. Just thought about that hit from Mays on i can't think of his name from Houston.. that was vicious. really vicious. Let's hit like that.
Schaub. he hit that mother so hard he knocked of part of his ear.
now that was vicious but it still shouldn't have been a fine.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #64
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
Why do you always have to be the combative one? It's clearly no intent to harm. Any objective fan on here would feel precisely the same way. But no, LoneCock has to come in and stir the pot.
Lonestar thinks that being the vocal minority equates to superior intelligence. He clearly thinks he actually is the "Lone Star" on the OM opr anywhere else.

He's like those emo kids who don't understand the irony when they make fun of people who they say don't think for themselves.

LS doesn't think, he takes the temperature of the room and then picks up the least popular opinion and opines, thinking he must be special because he's the only one who gets it.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #65
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

A measly $21.000 is nothing to Von Miller, just wait till Obama gets finished taxing his rich ass
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #66
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Lonestar thinks that being the vocal minority equates to superior intelligence. He clearly thinks he actually is the "Lone Star" on the OM opr anywhere else.

He's like those emo kids who don't understand the irony when they make fun of people who they say don't think for themselves.

LS doesn't think, he takes the temperature of the room and then picks up the least popular opinion and opines, thinking he must be special because he's the only one who gets it.
If you mean being logical opposed to emotional like a bunch of these "fans" are you are correct.

Because I can state my reasoning with out the pissing and moaning and all this'd but the the kiddies get it then I guess that make me superior.

Sorry if you do not get it and feel the need to play the EMO card.

Typical of those that failed to get their points across

I have said many time that I think it was not right but the rule is what it is.

Pissing and moaning about Goodell or his empolyees enforcing the rule as set down by the owners of the game is childish at best.

Should there have been a penalty on the OL but it was not called. Perhaps down the road there will be another rule about that.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #67
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Hey I just posted a thread on Inside the NFL. Can someone pop on there go to the 3.23 mark and tell me if that is what we are talking about ? Cause if so Von got screwed.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #68
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Hey I just posted a thread on Inside the NFL. Can someone pop on there go to the 3.23 mark and tell me if that is what we are talking about ? Cause if so Von got screwed.
No that was not the play...
Old 11-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #69
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

$21,000 for tackling his foot seems a little extreme
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #70
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

lets just go with touch football no more tackle someone might get hurt.
maybe sarcasticball
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #71
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Bet Von wins his appeal
Has anyone ever won an appeal? Especially when you're appealing to the guy who gave it to you? That is such a stupid system...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #72
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Lonestar is better than us all, because he makes hundreds of thousands off investments while we are all sitting here eating our Wendy's chili and fries.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #73
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Has anyone ever won an appeal? Especially when you're appealing to the guy who gave it to you? That is such a stupid system...
Thought they changed that.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #74
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
IIRC a couple have had the money fine reduced.
You are correct about about the appeal function bet that gets changed sooner than the next CBA.
Guessing the owners are not happy having their money ulitmately going to NFL charities, since they do not get a charitable deduction for it.