The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #26
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
He didn't dive at the legs. Is he supposed to quit on the playbecause a OL took him to the ground? It wasn't dirty or cheap.
I did not say it was, dirty or cheap, but it was not a legal hit according to the rules..

I do not fault Von for being the energizer bunny continuing to try.. in fact I applaud him for it..

But it was not a legal hit.. Plain and simple or the league would not have fined him..

your beef is with the owners they set the rules.. not with the commissioners office, they are doing their jobs....
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #27
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default



This is the CBA the players agreed to. Looks like they didn't have their priorities in line when negotiations were occurring.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #28
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Can he be the Commish for as long as he wants?? What does it take for him to be replaced? He's ruining the NFL!
he can be replaced by a vote of the 32 owners.. he does not make the rules THEY DO..

they want the QB protected or the rule would not be there..

b**** at them not the guy doing his job..

again had it been Manning would you be pissing and moaning about it?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #29
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,534

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

If Miller loses the appeal then I will b**** about it. Miller clearly got knocked to the ground then rather than give up on the play he made a great effort to go for the sack. He had no way to see what was going on above him.

If he loses his appeal this is one Bowlen should pick up or they pass the hat in the locker room.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #30
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post


This is the CBA the players agreed to. Looks like they didn't have their priorities in line when negotiations were occurring.
I'd guess about 98% of the priorities they had were how much money they would be getting..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #31
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I'd guess about 98% of the priorities they had were how much money they would be getting..
Exactly. How much money they could make and how they could avoid getting busted with drugs and whatnot.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #32
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If Miller loses the appeal then I will b**** about it. Miller clearly got knocked to the ground then rather than give up on the play he made a great effort to go for the sack. He had no way to see what was going on above him.

If he loses his appeal this is one Bowlen should pick up or they pass the hat in the locker room.
Which could get the team or his teammates fined and or suspended..

Again I do not disagree your thoughts just that it is what it is.. fined for breaking the rules..

Let me add the one and only speeding ticket I got as a kid, the judge told me Ignorance of the law was NO EXCUSE.. PAY the fine and learn to watch the limit signs..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #33
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,534

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I did not say it was, dirty or cheap, but it was not a legal hit according to the rules..

I do not fault Von for being the energizer bunny continuing to try.. in fact I applaud him for it..

But it was not a legal hit.. Plain and simple or the league would not have fined him..

your beef is with the owners they set the rules.. not with the commissioners office, they are doing their jobs....
They got the flag for it, no need to dole out a fine in this case, there was no intent to injure.

Now if Miller came in low unblocked while Vickerson was engaged high then he should get a flag and a fine.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #34
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
I would have been OK if it was manning. Didn't look to injure. Game on
Then your the minority.. :salute:


I'll say it again, had it been Manning 90% of the OM would have been going nutzoid.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #35
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
They got the flag for it, no need to dole out a fine in this case, there was no intent to injure.

Now if Miller came in low unblocked while Vickerson was engaged high then he should get a flag and a fine.
I get it, I really do..

But the rules says no high low hits no hitting below the knees .

I believe with all my heart that Von was not trying to hurt him.. He is not a dirty player as far as I can see unlike a lot of low lifes in the NFL..

But they broke the law.. not intentionally.. talk to the PAT and his friends they are the ones that put a premium on protecting the QB.. Actually I think it was Kraft as the prime mover on this one When Bledso went down......
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #36
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,080

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
and how many of y'all would be saying hooray if it had been done to someone doing that to Manning..
Why do you always have to be the combative one? It's clearly no intent to harm. Any objective fan on here would feel precisely the same way. But no, LoneCock has to come in and stir the pot.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #37
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,503
Default

this is getting ridiculous. i can buy Vickerson's fine but Von's fine is pure BS.
i swear James Harrison might have been right when he said Goodell is trying to make this flag football.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #38
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
He didn't dive at the legs. Is he supposed to quit on the playbecause a OL took him to the ground? It wasn't dirty or cheap.
NFL doesn't care about anything but acting like they are trying to protect players. IMO the main goal is to avoid liability for lawsuits. They probably already know it won't really reduce injuries. It will reduce them looking like they don't care though.

The numbers WR and QBS are putting up are only because defenders are trying to not hit them in certain situations. But the injuries IMO won't change. Often injuries don't even happen on the hit that looks the meanest. Sometimes the clean vicious hit is better then the awkward falling down someone else falls into you cluster**** tackle.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #39
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
Why do you always have to be the combative one? It's clearly no intent to harm. Any objective fan on here would feel precisely the same way. But no, LoneCock has to come in and stir the pot.
He is the new mc grinder or whatever that fools name was just put him on ignore like I will as soon as I finish this post!
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #40
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
Why do you always have to be the combative one? It's clearly no intent to harm. Any objective fan on here would feel precisely the same way. But no, LoneCock has to come in and stir the pot.
Now who is being combative. Name calling that is beneath you or at least it used to be. .

What obsess you off is you know I'm correct in what I'm saying.
While most are being emotional or juvelinile about it.

I'm giving the facts and frankly it seems that YOU CAN'T handle it.

Let's repeat the facts..
  1. They were fined for braking the rules.
  2. Because they are broncos everyone is butt hurt about it.
  3. If it were Manning most would be out raged.
  4. The Commissioners office is doing the job they were hired to do.
  5. The refs flagged it because it was a foul.
  6. The owners made the rule to protect the QBs.

Now I personally do not agree with the fine, but it is not in my wheel house ( translated I have zero power to change it). Nor does anyone else on here the pissing and moaning should be directed at the OWNERS. (for you über liberals the fat cat billionaires).

So IN YOUR OPINE I'm wrong for pointing out facts.

Yep that is logical.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #41
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
NFL doesn't care about anything but acting like they are trying to protect players. IMO the main goal is to avoid liability for lawsuits. They probably already know it won't really reduce injuries. It will reduce them looking like they don't care though.

The numbers WR and QBS are putting up are only because defenders are trying to not hit them in certain situations. But the injuries IMO won't change. Often injuries don't even happen on the hit that looks the meanest. Sometimes the clean vicious hit is better then the awkward falling down someone else falls into you cluster**** tackle.
Now this is the most relevant post in the thread.

Most injuries happen when one or more of the players have given up on the play.. Or at least that is what they used to say.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #42
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
He is the new mc grinder or whatever that fools name was just put him on ignore like I will as soon as I finish this post!
As I said you can't handle the truth.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:53 PM   #43
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,689
Default

Heavy fines for tough hits, 8,000 commercials every second possible, the NFL will eventually out use it's usefullness.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #44
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,648

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
he can be replaced by a vote of the 32 owners.. he does not make the rules THEY DO..

they want the QB protected or the rule would not be there..

b**** at them not the guy doing his job..

again had it been Manning would you be pissing and moaning about it?
I don't remember seeing anything in the game I thought would ever end up being a fine.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:36 AM   #45
kateean2
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

No good for football
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:54 AM   #46
ol#7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I don't remember seeing anything in the game I thought would ever end up being a fine.
This^^^^^
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #47
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,106

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
and how many of y'all would be saying hooray if it had been done to someone doing that to Manning..
at least u are consistently a douchehammer in every thread
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:35 AM   #48
Punisher
® Styling And Profiling!
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Running Wild in the AFC WOOOOOO! ®

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,514

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default

****ing whores,Von needs that money to bail D.J out of jail when he decides to go on a drinking bend.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #49
broncobum6162
Manning Up!
 
broncobum6162's Avatar
 
Baaammmmmmmm!!

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Beautiful Baugher Lake....
Posts: 1,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Ja vol mon Herr Goodell.. Seig. Heil! Seig. Heil!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Broncos' Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson fined by NFL

Excerpts...

Now it's toward the end of the game. Miller was on a pass rush, got knocked to the ground, crawled and wrapped his arms around quarterback Cam Newton's legs near the ankles. Another Broncos players hit Newton high, but Miller got the penalty for roughing the passer.

Not only did Miller get penalized for hitting below the quarterback's knees, but the league fined him $21,000 Thursday. Miller said he will appeal.

"How am I supposed to know if he threw the ball or not?" Miller said. "I was down on the ground — actually the guard facemasked me and threw me into the quarterback. I'm supposed to what? Stand straight up and continue with the tackle?"


Another Broncos defensive player, Kevin Vickerson, was fined $15,000 for his horsecollar penalty while sacking Newton.


Read more: Broncos' Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson fined by NFL - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz2CKiiekR7

Last edited by broncobum6162; 11-16-2012 at 05:49 AM..
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #50
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,672

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobum6162 View Post
Ja vol mon Herr Goodell.. Seig. Heil! Seig. Heil!
* wohl

* mein

Also, Herr works but Fuhrer gets your point across better

<3
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Denver Broncos