The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #76
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Patrick Willis - First proper MLB this team has had since Al Wilson, and since Al Wilson this team defense has suffered.

Best Defenses have a strong presence in the middle ala DT - MLB - Saftey.

Last edited by Bronco Rob; 10-27-2012 at 02:57 PM..
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #77
extralife
Ring of Famer

Watt, this is easy. Our biggest problem is third down defense, he's a monster, you couldn't stop him plus Von Doom.

To everyone picking Willis, I think Bowman is probably the better player.

After Watt I might pick Ray Rice.
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #78
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Patrick Willis. MLB is a key hole in our D and he's the best going atm. Having said that, Adrian Peterson would make me think about it.
Exactly the two I'd look at....MLB and one unbelievable running back for Peyton.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #79
Crushisback
Camp fodder

Megatron
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #80
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

If it's "ANY" player and itís not based on need I say RG3, I know we have Manning but I think the sky is the limit for this kid. I was one of his doubters when he was drafted; I'm a believer and then some now.

Last edited by Mile High Mojoe; 10-28-2012 at 12:47 PM..
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #81
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Patrick Willis or Haloti Ngata
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #82
rmsanger
Ring of Famer

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

AP would be the single biggest pickup we could make. Willis is solid but could you imagine the combo of Peyton passing on play action from AP and then vice versa?
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #83
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
If it's "ANY" player and itís not best on need I say RG3, I know we have Manning but I think the sky is the limit for this kid. I was one of his doubters when he was drafted; I'm a believer and then some now.
OMG, you are back? Besides blogging to the masses, where have you been old man? Do you know poster named Lonestar?

By the way, do you still agree with your post/blog from March?

Quote:
Just say NO to the Broncos Manning...please.

Signing Manning will be a mistake. After 14 years of football with a bad neck on a way better team than what the Broncos have Manning IS NOT going to be the same QB he was 5 or even 2 years ago.

Can he still play? Yes.

Is his primary reason for continuing to play related to $ís and ego and will he hit the jackpot lotto when he signs? Yes.

Do those 2 reasons trouble you if youíre a Broncos Fan? They do to me.

Will the astronomical price in dollars and cents be worth the gamble? No.

Will he improve a team like the Broncos chances of winning? Maybe.

Will the Broncos be a playoff team or a Super Bowl winning team with him at QB? Maybe the playoffs, but the Super Bowl, highly doubtful.

Will Manning end his career ugly if he goes to a rebuilding team like the Broncos? Odds are very good.

Isnít it smarter to hold onto the cap money theyíd spend on him and use it to look to fill all the other holes on the team with draft picks and good free agents at DB, DL, LB, RB, WR and maybe a TE? A resounding YES!!

The media hype and what I consider the ignorant short sightedness by fans who think this is what the Broncos MUST do are being set up for an epic failure. Itíll set the team back maybe 2 to five years because of the bankroll heíll demand.

I just think this is a horrible idea even in the short term because Manning while he still has same game left in him canít possibly at his age and with his chronic injuries carry an average or bad team to a Super Bowl win. It just wonít happen. He was a great QB but his best days are more than likely behind him and I see a horrible scenario in which the Broncos organization and worse yet the fans gets raped and robbed.

Favre was a far better athlete at his age and had a stronger arm than Manning does at this point in his career and look how Favre ended? He was on a far better team than Manning will go to also.

One more thing, this really has nothing to do with Tebow by the way but the long term future of the Broncos. While Iím not sure if heís capable of taking the team to the next level this is still a bad strategy anyway you look at it. If Tebow lays and egg this season I have no problem looking at other options in 2013. Iím results oriented, if he canít carry the water then itís onto a guy who can. I like Tebow the man but winning supersedes his personal magnetism and charm. The team should stick it out one more year with Tebow to see if he pans out and spend their money elsewhere this season.

Today Manningís supposed to make a decision about where he will go. If it does happen and he signs in Denver as always Iím a Broncos Fan first and last so Iíll root for him to succeed. Iíll root for him because heís on my team but I wonít be happy about it because I see disastrous results in the long term for my team.
DO you still agree on keeping Tebow and let him start this season instead of going with Manning?

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 10-28-2012 at 12:09 PM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #84
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
OMG, you are back? Besides blogging to the masses, where have you been old man? Do you know poster named Lonestar?

By the way, do you still agree with your post/blog from March?

DO you still agree on keeping Tebow and let him start this season instead of going with Manning?
You love to stalk me don't you? The jury is still out on Manning. If he can help the Broncos win a SB then yes, going with Manning was the right move. I think he has a 2 year window, I doubt he does it this year. If he doesn't do it next year, I don't think it'll happen.

Last edited by Mile High Mojoe; 10-28-2012 at 01:02 PM..
Old 10-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #85
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Who is Lonestar? Never heard of him.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #86
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

I doubt you care but in April I was hospitalized for Congestive Heart Failure and nearly died. It's given me a different prospective now, I just can't get angry about the Broncos. Still love them want them to win, that's about as far as it goes.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #87
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
I doubt you care but in April I was hospitalized for Congestive Heart Failure and nearly died. It's given me a different prospective now, I just can't get angry about the Broncos. Still love them want them to win, that's about as far as it goes.
Whoa, I just saw this. I hope you are doing better man. Never want to see anyone go through this.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:53 AM   #88
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

True, true...been saying that since the Manning pickup. Can't disagree w/ the reason for signing a future Hall of Fame QB but the long term situation is the same as last year...we are right back where we started w/ a young raw qb. Oh well....at least we may have some more SB rings to show for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Aaron Rodgers.

Manning is a 2-4 year deal at QB then we're back to where we were before we got him, namely trying to find a franchise QB.

Having a quality QB is just too important to pick anywhere else IMO, and of the elite guys in the league Rodgers is the youngest. You're pretty much a guaranteed contender every year for the next decade with him.

If you exclude QB's then it becomes a bit more interesting.

Jason Pierre Paul, JJ Watt, Patrick Peterson, Patrick Willis and Calvin Johnson are the five that come to mind quickest to me.

I'd probably go with Peterson, what an heir he'd be to Champ.
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #89
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Somehow the idea of Nnamdi Asomugha on one side of the field with Champ Bailey on the other side... has some appeal for me.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #90
HighCountryBronco

Ray Rice, Doug Martin, or Marshawn Lynch.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #91
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer

SAUCED

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsRule View Post
This year, to win now: Arian Foster.

Best fit to fill a position of need: Patrick Willis.

Best overall value: Andrew Luck.
Exactly this!!
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #92
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

AP

Long term - Martin.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #93
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Clay Matthews or Megatron.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #94
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Watt.

Can you imagine at team with Doom Watt Ayers/Wolfe Von

All the O would have to do is score a field goal and we win every game
Old 11-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #95
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Well I'm going to assume the poster meant, who would you add right now, to win right now, not looking into the future several year when Manning is gone.

Right Now - who would I add that I think would take Denver to another level?

Adrian Peterson - without a doubt. He would make the run game special and most teams would have to keep a safety in the box and would not be able to play nickle and dime often. That would be open season for Manning and his WR's.

Next I would have to say Patrick Willis. A stud MLB would make this defense even better. He can cover TE's, stop the run, rush the passer, he does it all. And every down backer that doesn't make many mistakes.

After those 2, heck you could add a number of guys to help (Watt, Suh, Vernon Davis, Graham, Tillman, the list goes on). But I think the 1st 2 guys would be the most ideal for how Denver is set up right now.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #96
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Clay Matthews or Megatron.
Right, because the 2 guys we have playing those positions (Miller and Thomas) are scrubs. Dude, think. Who would add right now? I can maybe see Megatron but Mathews plays the same position as Miller, why would you add him over all the other possible players at positions that could use an upgrade? He didn't ask who you think the best players in the league were. Who would make the Broncos better? Both Mathews and Megatron would take good players off the field.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #97
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Somehow the idea of Nnamdi Asomugha on one side of the field with Champ Bailey on the other side... has some appeal for me.
Haven't watched many Eagles games this year have you? The dude is no longer elite. Wasn't elite last year either. He's on a downward trend. You can do better then him. Go ahead and give us another player. We'll give you a do over.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #98
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Haven't watched many Eagles games this year have you? The dude is no longer elite. Wasn't elite last year either. He's on a downward trend. You can do better then him. Go ahead and give us another player. We'll give you a do over.
Yeah, I know Asomugha has dropped off everyone's radar since going to the Eagles... but the thought was that he might return to being "elite" as part of a tandem with Champ.

Someone else? Adrian Peterson or Arian Foster. Either one would make an immediate impact.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #99
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Patrick Willis
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #100
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

If you had a chance to have on your team all the players named Patrick or all the players named Chris or all the players with the same name of your choosing which name would you chose?

1. Patrick

2. Chris

3. Other