The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #126
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I don't think he will ever lose that role on run downs. Williams will be taking Danny Trevathan's snaps.

Side note is anyone else liking what they see from Irving when he does play?
Isn't that Irvings?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #127
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Anyone? Still curious about DJ hvaing play calling duties taken away from him in 2007. Can anyone back this up?
Well, I don't think there's any official statements about it. But, in 2008 the MLB was Nate Webster and DJ was moved back outside, so maybe that tells something.

2009, I think Dawkins had the green dot in 2009, maybe DJ had it when Dawkins was out.

2010, I think Dawkins again had the green dot, and maybe Mario Haggan was the backup green dot.

2011, I don't know, maybe Dawkins again, I think they searched around and I don't think it was DJ.

I think basically right now Denver is still searching for an everydown MLB to lead the D and wear the green dot. Brooking is the guy right now, Woodyard is the backup green dot. One of those two guys has to be on the field. DJ can sub in if Brooking is out.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #128
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Well, I don't think there's any official statements about it. But, in 2008 the MLB was Nate Webster and DJ was moved back outside, so maybe that tells something.

2009, I think Dawkins had the green dot in 2009, maybe DJ had it when Dawkins was out.

2010, I think Dawkins again had the green dot, and maybe Mario Haggan was the backup green dot.

2011, I don't know, maybe Dawkins again, I think they searched around and I don't think it was DJ.

I think basically right now Denver is still searching for an everydown MLB to lead the D and wear the green dot. Brooking is the guy right now, Woodyard is the backup green dot. One of those two guys has to be on the field. DJ can sub in if Brooking is out.

Wilson was great until he broke the thumbs and then resorted to bit hits which got his neck problems.
It is a shame that mikey/josh and now John have not come up with a long term answer there.

Brooking is a hell of a rental and DT subbing has done a hell off job for the number snap he has played. 19 tackles 1 sack and and 2 passes defensed.
After he came into the game last week the TE that caused so much grief in the first half was limited to 1 reception.

Not sure he is long term but the rest othe year should get as many snaps as they can give him to find out.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #129
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I don't think he will ever lose that role on run downs. Williams will be taking Danny Trevathan's snaps.

Side note is anyone else liking what they see from Irving when he does play?
I notice Irving a lot of STs. I also see his number occassionally on defense. I tend to think any snaps DJ gets will take away from both Travathen and Irving. From what I can gather from Elway's comments is that they will move DJ around a little bit to see where he fits in best.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #130
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

He was relieved of making play calls back in 07 when he was playing MLB because he is dumber than a post was not able to relay in the calls from the sideline and if it was a bad call totally unable to make the adjustment out of it.
You ignored the guy who asked you to provide any evidence whatsoever that this actually happened. Are you going to ignore me now?
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #131
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozomulsion View Post
You ignored the guy who asked you to provide any evidence whatsoever that this actually happened. Are you going to ignore me now?
Did not ignore him told him to do the research. I know what happened as it was reported as such back when it was done.

As Someone said if he was doing such a great job at MLB in 07 why was he replaced in 08. He was on record saying he would not play Sam again but mike was ok.

I admit he was more dynamic at WLB but his replacement in 08 was unemployeed in 09 IIRC. He certainly was not a starter for anyone.

So if you want to know do a search function on the various forums.

I spent most of my time as A mod on broncosforums.com probably find it there.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote