The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #101
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
As for players supporting him. What do you expect them to do through him under the bus.

I'm guessing that they know Elway, Fox and JDR would frown at that. This group of players that they have put together are smarter than what we have had in the past.

I'd also guess that word was passed not to bad mouth him in the press, they are looking for zero issues for dissent at this stage of the season especially how well it is going.

Also guessing that Manning laid down the law.

Plus the old adage if you do not have something good to say say nothing at all applies in the locker room.
The Jets obviously never got this memo.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #102
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

DJ dropping a Fred Flemming reference is just the jam son.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #103
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
the fact is DJ Williams has been a Bronco for a very long time.
And in that time the defense has never been as good asit has been this year.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #104
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
I expect he'll get maybe 10-20 snaps on Sunday. If he does well, he'll get more the following week, and so on.

No way he just becomes a starter immediately IMO, sends a terrible message to the rest of the players when the D has been doing well.

But if he goes out there and makes more of his snaps than Trevathan and Brooking do then nobody on the team will complain if he ends up being a starter in a few weeks. He's more talented than either of those two for sure, but he has to earn his spot in the lineup.
Yes. This is what I said in the prior DJ thread. He will see time in San Diego, if things go well (and I suspect the will) he will play more the next game. By the playoffs I suspect he will be starting, but we shall see.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #105
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Well...you guessed wrong, peabrain.

You do a lot of guessing, but the fact is DJ Williams has been a Bronco for a very long time and the Broncos have held on to him despite his mistakes. That speaks for itself. Everyone in the org speaks highly of DJ Williams, and in a recent interview that DJ did, he speaks highly of the organization even mentioning "Fred" who is an employee of the Broncos that helps around with whatever is needed.

BTW real class with the pea brain comment, juvenile at best.. that said..

yes he has been a good player for them

BUT hear me they are moving on.. his contract was nuts and for next year even more NUTZ 7.7 mil ..

they have DT and I will quote another site that has way more creds that most of the fanbois on here..

Quote:
The first one hits big. He often plays big. He’s Danny Trevathan, the 6-1, 232-lb nickel- and dime-package linebacker. It doesn’t take much knowledge of the game to notice that he’s usually around the ball at the tackle, and that he’s essentially fearless. Danny’s been getting into games in nickel and dime coverage.

Trevathan looked outright diminutive next to the 6-5, 255-lb Carolina tight end Greg Olsen. But discriminating fans may have noticed that after Olsen had gashed the Broncos early on, the team assigned Danny to cover Olsen, with immediate positive results. Trevathan did not shut him down, and he will learn a lot from the encounter, but it shows clearly the confidence Denver is developing in him. And, it was a pretty good start, given what he was being asked to do on the fly. Olsen wasn’t the guy he was mostly studying in film work last week, and the rookie still bothered the TE and made his job harder.

Only credited with two tackles and one pass defensed, he had an impact on Olsen that slowed Cam Newton’s reads and ball placement, making it more likely that one of the Broncos defenders would have time to get to ‘Superman’. Olsen was targeted twice when Trevathan was in coverage on him, and made one of the two catches. The other was put down as a pass defensed by trebuchet Trevathan.
read a lot more at..
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...or-the-broncos

It make ZERO sense to pull the guys that got them there to experiment with a guy that has not stepped on a real field since about this time last year..

Just to see if he is an upgrade..
that is counter productive in many ways..
  • Takes reps away from DT/Brookings one of which is learning the ropes the other who KNOWS all the ropes..
  • Sends a message to the rest of the team that DJs behavior was acceptable and all is forgiven..
That folks is not the Elway, Fox, JDR or last but not least Manning way..

they may coach speak glowing terms of DJ, but that is all it is..

IIRC Elway spoke of Tebow much the same way last year and minutes later he was a Jet..

Elway is a hard core business guy that is not going to spend a dime more on a player than he has to, in order to get the same results..

Last edited by lonestar; 11-14-2012 at 02:51 PM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #106
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
The Jets obviously never got this memo.
well the Jets have been a train wreck for as long as I can remember..

Not what most would call a top class franchise..

That is what John is doing in DEN making this franchise the place the great players want to come and play at.. Has he made some mistakes sure but certainly not the train wreck personnel wise it has been for a decade or more..
Old 11-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #107
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
You keep mentioning this but I don't remember it at all. Can anyone else confirm or do you have a link? Not saying it didn't happen, just would like to know more.
Anyone? Still curious about DJ hvaing play calling duties taken away from him in 2007. Can anyone back this up?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #108
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I expect Brookings to start and DJ gets limited reps.
Please, don't let logic get in the way of these guys jumping to conclusions.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #109
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

According to Chris Harris........

5 page thread = amazing
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #110
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Anyone? Still curious about DJ hvaing play calling duties taken away from him in 2007. Can anyone back this up?
I suspect if you look at Broncosforums.com during that time frame and do a search on dj you will find it. I spent very little time here during that time frame.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #111
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

5 page thread = amazing
Yes it is.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #112
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Where's that smily
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #113
Nwp-Apap

Quote:

5 page thread = amazing
Hey man, it's the one thread I've posted here that people actually replied to.. This is big for me
Old 11-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #114
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Wesley Woodyard has the green dot. That's about as much as I know.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #115
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Williams was moved from one position to another, and people like Lonestar make ridiculous assertions that it was "taken away" from him without any evidence to support the opinion.

Shanahan didn't deem him as a middle linebacker based on his size and speed. I think Shanahan made a mistake. His best year, statistically, easily came as a middle linebacker.

He'll move right into the lineup an make an impact.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #116
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I don't think we can under-estimate what a Keith Brookings brings to our defense.

Old? Yes.

Leader? Hell Yes!

Brookings was "The guy" for the Falcons for over a decade. The Cowboys signed him for his veteran leadership. He is a leader of men....ala Peyton Manning...for our defense.

Let's face it....our defense the last 5-7yrs have had DJW and Champ....good guys...very good to great players.....but leaders? Maybe...but, obviously not what's been needed.

I agree with working DJW in b/c of his talent...but, not at the expense of our current defensive chemistry!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #117
Bacchus

Quote:

Why they can't do that. The Orange Mane did not sign off on that. Something is very wrong here.
Don't worry Baja, The two John's called me earlier and I signed off on it on behalf of the Orangemane.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #118
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I don't think we can under-estimate what a Keith Brookings brings to our defense.

Old? Yes.

Leader? Hell Yes!

Brookings was "The guy" for the Falcons for over a decade. The Cowboys signed him for his veteran leadership. He is a leader of men....ala Peyton Manning...for our defense.

Let's face it....our defense the last 5-7yrs have had DJW and Champ....good guys...very good to great players.....but leaders? Maybe...but, obviously not what's been needed.

I agree with working DJW in b/c of his talent...but, not at the expense of our current defensive chemistry!
John Lynch and Brian Dawkins provided some good leadership in the past. I still believe losing Al Wilson really torqued Denver's defense for years, though. I never considered Wilson to be a great tackler, but he could diagnose plays with the best of them and led the defense like a Grandmaster chess player.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #119
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post

Old? Yes.

Leader? Hell Yes!

good solid post. Hell one of the most logical ones.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #120
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
John Lynch and Brian Dawkins provided some good leadership in the past. I still believe losing Al Wilson really torqued Denver's defense for years, though. I never considered Wilson to be a great tackler, but he could diagnose plays with the best of them and led the defense like a Grandmaster chess player.
Actually until he had most of his fingers broken he was a damned fine tackler. Then he became a hitter because he flat could not wrap up any more.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #121
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
BTW real class with the pea brain comment, juvenile at best.. that said..
You made a stupid assumption and peabrain is now your new nickname.

Quote:
BUT hear me they are moving on..
You said this at the beginning of the season, then again at the time of DJ's second suspension announcement. You continually repeat this, and he hasn't been let go, he's stuck around. In fact he's stuck around for almost a decade. You don't stick around that long unless the organization respects you. Did he make mistakes? Yes, and I am 100 percent sure the organization is getting him the proper help that he needs. Elway more than anyone would know exactly what DJ is going through with regards to the drinking problem.

Quote:
they may coach speak glowing terms of DJ, but that is all it is..

IIRC Elway spoke of Tebow much the same way last year and minutes later he was a Jet..
Just shows that Elway knows that talent wins games in this league. Hence why he held on to DJ this season, despite your failed predictions that he would be cut immediately.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #122
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Keith Brooking has no s at the end of his name.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #123
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Keith Brooking has no s at the end of his name.
He does when he owns something
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #124
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He does when he owns something
"The middle linebacker job is probably Keith Brooking's to lose."
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #125
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
"The middle linebacker job is probably Keith Brooking's to lose."
I don't think he will ever lose that role on run downs. Williams will be taking Danny Trevathan's snaps.

Side note is anyone else liking what they see from Irving when he does play?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote