The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #76
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I said it last year and I still believe it - When McGahee made his comments about the team being more than just Tebow (don't remember the exact words), he was showing that the players resented being the Denver Tebows. I think the Jets resent the same thing and the OP article is just that resentment surfacing.

And as for whether the run was fun last year, it wasn't for me. I enjoy watching good football and it was usually 55 minutes of bad football. I equate the finish to flipping heads 10 times in a row. We just happened to get VERY lucky at the ends of games. The Chicago game with Barber repeatedly messing up is a prime example. Tebow didn't do that, we just got lucky as hell.
This.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #77
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It's pretty simple. If he was playing great would these threads get buried and disappear?
Do you really think so?

He's a punt protector on an AFC East team.

I think there would be more
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #78
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Do you really think so?

He's a punt protector on an AFC East team.

I think there would be more
I think if he was playing great there would be threads all over, with the phrase "I told you so" littered throughout them.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #79
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
I think if he was playing great there would be threads all over, with the phrase "I told you so" littered throughout them.
Oh I see the Tebow sucks threads would be replaced by I told ya so threads.

I agree.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #80
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I would be eating lots of those Still I see posters like that KO5K guy pop back when Manning throws a pick or we when we got behind to the Chargers.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #81
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
But what about Tebow going 18/24 for 191 yards in 4th Q and OT? No you'll just gloss over that, because he sucks or prevent or whatever fits your preconceived conclusions. I'm sure you fault Tebow for hitting DT right in the gut in the endzone because, you know, DT dropped it. So does Tebow get any credit from you? Nope, nothing.

That's the thing I don't get, Tebow showed flashes, but people don't credit him for that. OTOH, people who love Tebow say he needs work. Therefore, I credit Tebow lovers as more level headed than the haters. I saw the same **** play from Orton with a bunch of losses instead of wins, but he had a ton of garbage time stats... I don't know about you, but I"ll take ugly wins over pretty losses any day (and even better this year, because pretty wins are the best!).
Do you remember that guy that kicked a 65 yd field goal for the Broncos like 5 or 10 years ago? Me either.

The league is about consistency. It's not enough to be good sometimes. Tebow was good sometimes but even being good half the time isn't enough if the bad portion is just atrociously bad. At many times, Tebow was atrociously bad.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #82
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Do you remember that guy that kicked a 65 yd field goal for the Broncos like 5 or 10 years ago? Me either.

The league is about consistency. It's not enough to be good sometimes. Tebow was good sometimes but even being good half the time isn't enough if the bad portion is just atrociously bad. At many times, Tebow was atrociously bad.
Probably not since Elam is tied for the NFL record at 63 yards...

And I don't disagree with the rest of it. Tebow looked a lot like a project who was thrown in to start too early (he still looks like that, but that's the Jets problem now). Can Tebow develop still? I used to think so, but have a lot more doubt this year, especially given the team he went to.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #83
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
So Tebow never made any plays at all last year? I swear we won a playoff game with Tebow throwing the ball, did I go into a coma and miss that?
Sure he did...now let me ask you if any of his team mates made plays as well? Because all we heard from the nuthugging legion of clowns that adored him was the OL sucked, the WR's sucked, the coaches, FO, and playcalling sucked, the defense sucked....

And after he was jettisoned they stepped up their attacks on those aforementioned team mates and coaching staff and FO (and those that supported the decision) Not to mention they dismissed the FA's like Tamme, Dreesen, Stokley, Adams, Porter, Leonhard, Koppen, etc.that Elway brought in as being the dregs available because Elway waited on Manning's decision

And yet now this team-

[]has been in EVERY ****ing game

[]is a top 10 team in offense and defense,

[]and is in 1st place, a SB favorite in most NFL media type's opinions and poised to take a potential 3 game lead in the AFC West despite having the same two WR's, FO, coaching staff, HC and bottom feeder FA's that were constantly b****ed about on here by the likes of those loyal to Tebow.

so tell us.... how is that possible?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #84
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Probably not since Elam is tied for the NFL record at 63 yards...

And I don't disagree with the rest of it. Tebow looked a lot like a project who was thrown in to start too early (he still looks like that, but that's the Jets problem now). Can Tebow develop still? I used to think so, but have a lot more doubt this year, especially given the team he went to.
Asswipe.

DENVER (AP) Swedish kicker Ola Kimrin, who has little chance of sticking with the Denver Broncos with Jason Elam in front of him, made a 65-yard field goal Thursday night against Seattle.

The Broncos had the ball at the Seattle 48 with 7 seconds left in the first half, when Jarious Jackson threw the ball out of bounds to set up a final play.

The crowd stirred as Kimrin ran out to attempt the kick from his own 45, then let out a huge roar when the ball sailed through the uprights with a few yards to spare as time expired.

Kimrin was mobbed by teammates as he ran toward the sideline, and Denver tight end Shannon Sharpe grabbed the ball and gave it to him as they left the field.

Elam hit a 63-yard field goal in 1998 to tie Tom Dempsey for the longest field goal in league history. Exhibition games do not count in the league record book.

Kimrin led NFL Europe in field goals this year with 12 for Frankfurt. His long was 52 yards.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/5654292
Old 11-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #85
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
How many weeks in a row has a thread on the main page had the word Tebow in it
almost as many weeks as Dark Side of the moon was on the charts?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #86
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Frankly, I'd start Tebow at this point if I was Rex. He's already lost the team. What more does he have to lose?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #87
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Frankly, I'd start Tebow at this point if I was Rex. He's already lost the team. What more does he have to lose?
PFT pointed out the backlash that would come with Tebow success at this point. Rather than be happy with some success, too many would point at him standing by Sanchez for too long and call it a coaching failure as they played the wrong guy.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #88
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Sure he did...now let me ask you if any of his team mates made plays as well? Because all we heard from the nuthugging legion of clowns that adored him was the OL sucked, the WR's sucked, the coaches, FO, and playcalling sucked, the defense sucked....

And after he was jettisoned they stepped up their attacks on those aforementioned team mates and coaching staff and FO (and those that supported the decision) Not to mention they dismissed the FA's like Tamme, Dreesen, Stokley, Adams, Porter, Leonhard, Koppen, etc.that Elway brought in as being the dregs available because Elway waited on Manning's decision

And yet now this team-

[]has been in EVERY ****ing game

[]is a top 10 team in offense and defense,

[]and is in 1st place, a SB favorite in most NFL media type's opinions and poised to take a potential 3 game lead in the AFC West despite having the same two WR's, FO, coaching staff, HC and bottom feeder FA's that were constantly b****ed about on here by the likes of those loyal to Tebow.

so tell us.... how is that possible?
Yes, other people made plays (a lot of them in fact), that's been my entire point. It's like the football is a team game or something.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #89
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Asswipe.

DENVER (AP) Swedish kicker Ola Kimrin, who has little chance of sticking with the Denver Broncos with Jason Elam in front of him, made a 65-yard field goal Thursday night against Seattle.

The Broncos had the ball at the Seattle 48 with 7 seconds left in the first half, when Jarious Jackson threw the ball out of bounds to set up a final play.

The crowd stirred as Kimrin ran out to attempt the kick from his own 45, then let out a huge roar when the ball sailed through the uprights with a few yards to spare as time expired.

Kimrin was mobbed by teammates as he ran toward the sideline, and Denver tight end Shannon Sharpe grabbed the ball and gave it to him as they left the field.

Elam hit a 63-yard field goal in 1998 to tie Tom Dempsey for the longest field goal in league history. Exhibition games do not count in the league record book.

Kimrin led NFL Europe in field goals this year with 12 for Frankfurt. His long was 52 yards.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/5654292
Preseason.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #90
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
His job?

All kidding aside you're right, how much worse could it get?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #91
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yes, other people made plays (a lot of them in fact), that's been my entire point. It's like the football is a team game or something.
So why were we deluged with a plethora of b****ing about the talent on this team for those months prior to this season starting? I mean we were all led to believe it was due to Tebow "revolutionizing the QB position"
Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #92
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Another quality thread watching ColoradoDarin get owned.

Go on...
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #93
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
PFT pointed out the backlash that would come with Tebow success at this point. Rather than be happy with some success, too many would point at him standing by Sanchez for too long and call it a coaching failure as they played the wrong guy.
Doesn't matter, he's set up to lose his job either way.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #94
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
So why were we deluged with a plethora of b****ing about the talent on this team for those months prior to this season starting? I mean we were all led to believe it was due to Tebow "revolutionizing the QB position"
Because McGruder posted about a thousand times a day.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #95
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
Another quality thread watching ColoradoDarin get owned.

Go on...
What part do you disagree with? You don't think Tebow helped win games last year? Or that the rest of the team helped win games as well?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #96
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
God wants Tebow to play quarter back in New York. It is written.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #97
Jekyll15Hyde

Quote:
What part do you disagree with? You don't think Tebow helped win games last year? Or that the rest of the team helped win games as well?
Your take shows you dont understand the concept of the 'law of averages.' He was 3 plays that were outside of his control that made him would have lose each of those games. Instead of the 7-4 record he has as a starter, replaying those games the vast majority of the time results in a 4-7 record.

I see a 4-7 QB with very limited upside. Apparently 30 other teams think similarly as well and 1 was only interested because they put a tarp over the upper deck of their stadium. The other seems that the owner had a hard on for him while the football people wanted to pass.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #98
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
Your take shows you dont understand the concept of the 'law of averages.' He was 3 plays that were outside of his control that made him would have lose each of those games. Instead of the 7-4 record he has as a starter, replaying those games the vast majority of the time results in a 4-7 record.

I see a 4-7 QB with very limited upside. Apparently 30 other teams think similarly as well and 1 was only interested because they put a tarp over the upper deck of their stadium. The other seems that the owner had a hard on for him while the football people wanted to pass.
I already answered the "luck" factor back in post #60. Try to keep up.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #99
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Yeah the ships going down. He's probably worried about losing the locker room, but losing games gets you fired.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #100
Jekyll15Hyde

Quote:
I already answered the "luck" factor back in post #60. Try to keep up.
I am enjoying keeping up with you getting owned in this thread...