The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #51
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 898
Default

Meh. It was a collective team effort that made for an exciting end to last years season. Tebow was mostly a gimmick. Manning aside, I'm very happy Tebow is gone.
orangemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #52
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action;3726494[B
“It’s not even close,” Slauson said. “All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We don’t really have a choice.”[/B]

Asked about the Jets’ two backup quarterbacks, Tebow and Greg McElroy, Slauson said the Jets really only have one other quarterback.

“We have Greg . . . and we have an athlete,” Slauson said.

According to the Daily News story, there is no quarterback controversy with the Jets because there is no one in the Jets’ locker room who believes Tebow deserves to start.

“Hell, no!” one starter said. “You got to keep defenses honest. You just can’t line up in the Wildcat all the time. That won’t work.”

Said another teammate, “We can’t win running that sh–.”

After last season ended with the Jets sniping at each other, Jets coach Rex Ryan has said all year that fostering a closer locker room is one of his goals. But it sounds like most of his players aren’t on board with his highest-profile offseason acquisition.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-hes-terrible/
Pretty much every one of those quotes could apply to the Orton/Tebow comparisons from last year. We all saw how that turned out.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #53
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

When Tebow puts his pride aside and moves to a position suited to his talents, he will be an all pro. Until then, his career is on life support.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #54
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I said it last year and I still believe it - When McGahee made his comments about the team being more than just Tebow (don't remember the exact words), he was showing that the players resented being the Denver Tebows. I think the Jets resent the same thing and the OP article is just that resentment surfacing.

And as for whether the run was fun last year, it wasn't for me. I enjoy watching good football and it was usually 55 minutes of bad football. I equate the finish to flipping heads 10 times in a row. We just happened to get VERY lucky at the ends of games. The Chicago game with Barber repeatedly messing up is a prime example. Tebow didn't do that, we just got lucky as hell.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #55
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,039

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Feel sorry for anybody that couldn't enjoy the ride last season. There will never be another one like it, and hitting that pass in OT to put PIT away was epic.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #56
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
AND Bob

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,061

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Love or hate Tebow, at the end of the day the guy isn't substantively better that he was coming out of the draft. He still takes too long to read defenses, can't throw a timing pass and his short passes are inaccurate. I am grateful for the first playoff win in half a decade, but with as long and as hard as we's worked on everything, he should be WAYYYY better than he is. If he had any ability to play at the pro-level, for the time he's put in, it should have showed up by now.

And before any of you say "he never got a fair shot" that's a lie. He's gotten way more than all the other system QB's get.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #57
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Love Tebow as a person couldn't stand him as our QB. As Kaylore said above then the offseason interview with DT and other players you could tell they didn't think the guy can play NFL qb. We rode an amazing streak and it was fun but you knew the end result was going to be a trainwreck.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #58
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 8,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I said it last year and I still believe it - When McGahee made his comments about the team being more than just Tebow (don't remember the exact words), he was showing that the players resented being the Denver Tebows. I think the Jets resent the same thing and the OP article is just that resentment surfacing.

And as for whether the run was fun last year, it wasn't for me. I enjoy watching good football and it was usually 55 minutes of bad football. I equate the finish to flipping heads 10 times in a row. We just happened to get VERY lucky at the ends of games. The Chicago game with Barber repeatedly messing up is a prime example. Tebow didn't do that, we just got lucky as hell.
But what about Tebow going 18/24 for 191 yards in 4th Q and OT? No you'll just gloss over that, because he sucks or prevent or whatever fits your preconceived conclusions. I'm sure you fault Tebow for hitting DT right in the gut in the endzone because, you know, DT dropped it. So does Tebow get any credit from you? Nope, nothing.

That's the thing I don't get, Tebow showed flashes, but people don't credit him for that. OTOH, people who love Tebow say he needs work. Therefore, I credit Tebow lovers as more level headed than the haters. I saw the same **** play from Orton with a bunch of losses instead of wins, but he had a ton of garbage time stats... I don't know about you, but I"ll take ugly wins over pretty losses any day (and even better this year, because pretty wins are the best!).
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #59
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
But what about Tebow going 18/24 for 191 yards in 4th Q and OT? No you'll just gloss over that, because he sucks or prevent or whatever fits your preconceived conclusions. I'm sure you fault Tebow for hitting DT right in the gut in the endzone because, you know, DT dropped it. So does Tebow get any credit from you? Nope, nothing.

That's the thing I don't get, Tebow showed flashes, but people don't credit him for that. OTOH, people who love Tebow say he needs work. Therefore, I credit Tebow lovers as more level headed than the haters. I saw the same **** play from Orton with a bunch of losses instead of wins, but he had a ton of garbage time stats... I don't know about you, but I"ll take ugly wins over pretty losses any day (and even better this year, because pretty wins are the best!).
Orton was shipped out of town too. There was more luck and breaks going our way than TT making plays. As DT said yeah he made a few but let's be honest he couldn't beat a bad KC team when the D held them to 7 pts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #60
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 8,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Orton was shipped out of town too. There was more luck and breaks going our way than TT making plays. As DT said yeah he made a few but let's be honest he couldn't beat a bad KC team when the D held them to 7 pts.
So Tebow never made any plays at all last year? I swear we won a playoff game with Tebow throwing the ball, did I go into a coma and miss that?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #61
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
But what about Tebow going 18/24 for 191 yards in 4th Q and OT? No you'll just gloss over that, because he sucks or prevent or whatever fits your preconceived conclusions. I'm sure you fault Tebow for hitting DT right in the gut in the endzone because, you know, DT dropped it. So does Tebow get any credit from you? Nope, nothing.

That's the thing I don't get, Tebow showed flashes, but people don't credit him for that. OTOH, people who love Tebow say he needs work. Therefore, I credit Tebow lovers as more level headed than the haters. I saw the same **** play from Orton with a bunch of losses instead of wins, but he had a ton of garbage time stats... I don't know about you, but I"ll take ugly wins over pretty losses any day (and even better this year, because pretty wins are the best!).
What about his teammates that play with him that keep calling him bad? Are the lovers more level headed then the guys that play the game?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #62
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,828

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Love or hate Tebow, at the end of the day the guy isn't substantively better that he was coming out of the draft. He still takes too long to read defenses, can't throw a timing pass and his short passes are inaccurate. I am grateful for the first playoff win in half a decade, but with as long and as hard as we's worked on everything, he should be WAYYYY better than he is. If he had any ability to play at the pro-level, for the time he's put in, it should have showed up by now.

And before any of you say "he never got a fair shot" that's a lie. He's gotten way more than all the other system QB's get.
Ditto.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #63
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 8,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
What about his teammates that play with him that keep calling him bad? Are the lovers more level headed then the guys that play the game?
I would say that the majority of his former teammates who has spoken publicly have given him credit *and* said he needed a lot of work on his passing... It's not an either/or.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #64
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I would say that the majority of his former teammates who has spoken publicly have given him credit *and* said he needed a lot of work on his passing... It's not an either/or.
OK and the Jets players
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #65
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
So Tebow never made any plays at all last year? I swear we won a playoff game with Tebow throwing the ball, did I go into a coma and miss that?
I didn't say any I said like Thomas said a few plays. Thomas won that game more than Timmy less than 50 % tebow.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #66
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 8,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
OK and the Jets players
He's starting for the Jets?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #67
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
He's starting for the Jets?
Oh so as long as he isn't starting you can talk **** about him and not be a hater. So can I bash him now and not be a hater?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #68
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Oh so as long as he isn't starting you can talk **** about him and not be a hater. So can I bash him now and not be a hater?
Dude, you went from a hater-> creep->stalker->super creepy stalker-> extremely stupid creepy freak show stalker-> obsessed super creepy freak show creaper-> sick demented obsessed super creapy freak show creaper with no testes.

And don't play the lame I'm stalking you card. It's beat.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #69
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Dude, you went from a hater-> creep->stalker->super creepy stalker-> extremely stupid creepy freak show stalker-> obsessed super creepy freak show creaper-> sick demented obsessed super creapy freak show creaper with no testes.

And don't play the lame I'm stalking you card. It's beat.
I'm sorry me thinking Tebow sucks hurts you this much. Anything I can do to repair our relationship?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #70
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I'm sorry me thinking Tebow sucks hurts you this much. Anything I can do to repair our relationship?
See I don't care what you think, everyone has an opinion. It's just you repeat the same thing over and over. You aren't breaking new ground and I can assure you every single poster on this site understands your take on Tebow.

As for our relationship, sure, just stfu once in a while. We can be buddy ole pals once again.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #71
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

Poor Tebow. dude brings this all on himself and pretends not to.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #72
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
See I don't care what you think, everyone has an opinion. It's just you repeat the same thing over and over. You aren't breaking new ground and I can assure you every single poster on this site understands your take on Tebow.

As for our relationship, sure, just stfu once in a while. We can be buddy ole pals once again.
Hate to break it to you if there is a Tebow thread on the Mane I might post in it. If players are calling him bad I was just wondering what group they fall in.

As for us being buddies, I don't care a thing about you Thanks for letting me know what gets you hot and bothered though.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #73
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,728

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

How many weeks in a row has a thread on the main page had the word Tebow in it
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #74
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Hate to break it to you if there is a Tebow thread on the Mane I might post in it. If players are calling him bad I was just wondering what group they fall in.

As for us being buddies, I don't care a thing about you Thanks for letting me know what gets you hot and bothered though.
Have your water checked...srs
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #75
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
How many weeks in a row has a thread on the main page had the word Tebow in it
It's pretty simple. If he was playing great would these threads get buried and disappear?
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Denver Broncos