The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #201
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

You know what? Rather than talking about I'm just going to let the coaching staff decide. This isn't McD or Shanahan, these guys are developing a positive track record.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #202
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
What I don't understand here..

There are clearly people who dislike DJ, as a person and as a player. There are a few people who like DJ. But I am seeing in this thread people who outright hate the guy arguing why he should be cut, and then there are those saying look he can help the team.

At the end of the day it's all about winning a SB, and if that means DJ helps the defense to achieve this goal EVERYONE should be on board!
I'm fairly skeptical of DJ. The off-field stuff is pretty serious. Missing 9 games for his team is pretty serious. OTOH, he's a talented player.

If I were management, I would be prepared to give him a chance to play himself back into the lineup and keep his nose clean. It would be strict liability though. One more DUI, one more off field incident of any kind and I would cut him.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #203
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
From a pure physical perspective, DJ>>Mays>>Brookings

From a complete perspective, Brookings>>>>>>DJ>Mays
One has to wonder if Brooking is so complete why is he always taken of the field for Trevathan on passing downs.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #204
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdf View Post
I'm fairly skeptical of DJ. The off-field stuff is pretty serious. Missing 9 games for his team is pretty serious. OTOH, he's a talented player.

If I were management, I would be prepared to give him a chance to play himself back into the lineup and keep his nose clean. It would be strict liability though. One more DUI, one more off field incident of any kind and I would cut him.
Lets give him a chance for christ sakes. People change. He has been away from the facility all season and has not gotten in any trouble. How about we judge him by what he does on the field until the end of the season. If the Broncos want to cut him loose than that is fine.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #205
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
One has to wonder if Brooking is so complete why is he always taken of the field for Trevathan on passing downs.
I guess if you really have to wonder there's not much point in talking football with you.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #206
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I guess if you really have to wonder there's not much point in talking football with you.
No I don't have to wonder about it. I have a good enough idea that DJ, Woodyard, and Brooking all have a role on that they will play on the field. Unlike the other people that seem to think DJ will be sitting on the bench the rest of the year. I guess I made the mistake of you saying that complete perspective was referring to a complete player. My bad. It's not like I did something crazy and said JJ Watt was a John E clone. I would almost question talking football with someone with such poor football takes as that.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #207
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Unlike the other people that seem to think DJ will be sitting on the bench the rest of the year.
I don't think that at all. I'm quite sure DJ will see the field; that's the problem.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #208
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Don't worry, he'll get himself thrown back in prison shortly enough. These things have a way of sorting themselves out.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #209
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I don't think that at all. I'm quite sure DJ will see the field; that's the problem.
We are a swarming D. DJ brings size now to a fast D that gangs up on the guy with the ball. Zero reason to worry about him being on the field IMO.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #210
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Do you really think the coaching staff we have now would risk the cohesiveness the D has now by arbitrarily inserting DJ into the line up?

This is not your McD coaching staff or for that matter "the little man upstairs".

This staff will use DJ only if it makes the D better and that includes attitude.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #211
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Zero reason to worry about him being on the field IMO.
Other than the entirety of his playing career as evidence to the contrary, I agree with you.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #212
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Do you really think the coaching staff we have now would risk the cohesiveness the D has now by arbitrarily inserting DJ into the line up?

This is not your McD coaching staff or for that matter "the little man upstairs".

This staff will use DJ only if it makes the D better and that includes attitude.
The problem is that there is no way to find out if Dj makes the D better without risking the cohesiveness of the unit.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #213
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Other than the entirety of his playing career as evidence to the contrary, I agree with you.
Prior DLines gave you good feelings that they would do their jobs as well? How about former DC's DJ played with? Did you think they were great at doing their jobs? Do you think it's a crazy coincidence that a former LB has our LB's playing at such a high level?? Yet you still think that while DJ is talented JDR can't get the same out of DJ.

It wasn't so long ago I was reading how poor our WR's are and how bad our OL was. Now we have pro bowlers. All it takes is the right person to make everyone else better

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 11-15-2012 at 11:32 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #214
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
The problem is that there is no way to find out if Dj makes the D better without risking the cohesiveness of the unit.
Not if he clearly earns it.

A few plays here and there? They will know. Hell play him in the KC game and rest the 2 MLBs some.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #215
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

Brookings will need to be spelled otherwise he will be at risk breaking down in the playoffs. DJ at the very least will provide some great depth at all 3 LB positions.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #216
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
I would say if you tinker with the defense you do it now instead of being forced to bc of injuries or in the last quarter of the season.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #217
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Funny when you think logically how easy it is to come to that conclusion.

Enter nut huggers to blast your thoughts. 3, 2, 1.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #218
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
I would say if you tinker with the defense you do it now instead of being forced to bc of injuries or in the last quarter of the season.
Why? The difference is exactly the same. If someone is injured they play the next man up in this case it is DT. Who has been great while on the field.

If he goes down then you have DJ who up till now has not stepped on the field since about this same time last year.

Even during TC the kiddies forthe reps because IMO they were done with Dumb Ass. Only a freak injury to Mays kept him in play. Up till this Sunday DJ has not cost them a dime, other than in legal fees.

Fox has always been a guy that rides the horses that brung him. So IMO he becomes the next, next man up.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #219
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Brookings will need to be spelled otherwise he will be at risk breaking down in the playoffs. DJ at the very least will provide some great depth at all 3 LB positions.
Why do you think that Brookings needs to be spelled. He has played like 15 plus seasons full time and this year part time. ..

How about we let JDR and Fox decide how much time off he needs..
Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #220
Bronco-Gator420

The real question here fellas, is whether or not I should cut Woodyard from my fantasy team, for fear of DJ cutting into his snaps. He's a been a stud for me so far, until last week (Not a lot of tackles).

What's the word on DJ's playing time this week? Because, I certainly couldn't glean any info on that from reading this thread.

I could give two sh*ts whether he DUI'd, DWI'd, or if he's a good person, some of you guys sound like you were raised by mormon's or something. Get real, this is football, the only letter's that matter are W's and L's.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #221
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Brooking already gets spelled a bunch. I'm sure he played less than half the snaps against Carolina.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #222
yakyakyuk
Just Drafted

Not sure how much "cohesiveness" the group has established in just a couple of games. There has been constant tweaking with the LB's.

Clearly the coaches were not happy with Mays (benched) and don't believe Brookings play is outstanding (otherwise why would he come off for Trevathan?).

I am excited to have DJ back - and see how his initial spot play could evolve into greater role.

If we have to face the hurry up NE tactic again (and we can't sub), DJ and WW may be the best to keep on the field.
yakyakyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #223
DENVERDUI55

I'd love to send slowshon packing and sign Hightower. He always was pretty good at getting tough yards. He can pass protect and catch balls and run with power. Even bring Addai in he has bald tires but could fill in if Willis blows a tire.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #224
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

we have seen the OM call it wrong almost every time when differing with the FO.

They are keeping KM around for a reason.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #225
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Anybody want to make a friendly wager that KM is active against SD?