The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default Have Some New Broncos Forgot Where We Came From?

We don't have to look far back to remember the times when the Broncos were considered the laughing stock of the NFL. A team that was a giant disaster. A team devoid of any appreciable Pro-Bowl talent and a team that was destined to bottom feed in one of the worst divisions of the NFL.

Those times were less than 24 months ago.

Those were tough times to be a Broncos fan. I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been for players like Champ Bailey who were just hoping and praying their team would turn things around quickly enough so that he had a chance to be under those lights of the Super Bowl. In the end that's really all any NFL player can ask for. Just that chance to win the big one.

There was no chance two years ago that the Broncos were going anywhere anytime soon. There was no chance they would make it to the big dance. There was almost no chance we'd be winning our division in the foreseeable future. We had little draft stock, little trade value and a massive quarterback controversy. Success had to be years away. It's like the Broncos were stuck in Canada with no pants and winter was coming. All we could do was protect our junk.

Read the rest here;

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/1...e-we-came-from
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

I don't mind the new swagger. I remember a game, just a few years ago. We were blown out, by Detroit. Our players were busy yucking it up, on the sidelines. I NEVER want to go back to those days...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

No.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
Drunken.Broncoholic

I think the spiral into disaster is making this comeback/progress to a better team that much more sweeter. Some say without sour it just ain't a sweet. We hit rock bottom and Elway picked the team up. So far so good.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
DENVERDUI55

Last years team was pretty damn close to being a 4 win team. If we want to get technical it really was in reach with 4 different plays. 8-8 and a playoff win was the absolute max ceiling.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I don't mind the new swagger. I remember a game, just a few years ago. We were blown out, by Detroit. Our players were busy yucking it up, on the sidelines. I NEVER want to go back to those days...
This.

I credit the new attitude almost entirely to big plays on defense.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I remember that game. Man, I was pissed.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I think Manning, Kupe and Champ will keep the youngsters in check.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #9
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
This.

I credit the new attitude almost entirely to big plays on defense.
I credit the new attitude almost entirely to our new QB....and his entirely new attitude he brought to DEN, which Elway discussed with him as the attitude Elway had in common with him, and the attitude he wanted for this team going forward.

Oh, and big plays on defense never hurt either!
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
spiralism

It wasnt too long ago at all that we were blowing 3 game division leads with 3 left to play...which we did twice, both including a defeat to ****ing buffalo. We just lucked out last year by virtue of being the jammiest team on the planet.

2008 though....that Sunday night debacle to end the season at San Diego is still the lowpoint for me, including 59-14. That image of Cutler sulking on the sideline while they handed our asses to us and the look of despair on the players faces...never want to see that again.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Another thing to consider we were a truly terrible team for 1 season and an average team for 5 years. When you look around at other teams in the league like Cleveland, Detroit, Cincinatti, Buffalo, Miami, Oakland these teams have sucked for years. Broncos fans misery was truly short lived. Elway, Fox and Bowlen really kicked ass for the fans.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

"The Broncos have found their swagger back, which is great, but they are in danger of watching the pendulum swing too far the other direction and it's being spearheaded by new Broncos that don't seem to understand just how tough it used to be.
The blowout win over the Panthers demonstrated an attitude the Broncos haven't shown in years and it's an attitude that can have dangerous consequences if not channeled."

Is this guy enjoying the ride? Seems like a bleeding heart feeling sorry for the other team. Look author/blogger, no other team that came into Mile High the last decade cared to let the Salute stay with those former Broncos and did it anyways to redicule our team and fans. **** is just coming back to those other players. Furthermore, why should Von Miller be too humble when he wasn't around during the McDaniels reign?
Where I do agree on the blogger is the Holliday bull**** of showboating and almost getting embarrassed by his action. Would I rather have Carter do his own celebration then to mimic and make fun of Newton (especially at their stadium)? You bet. Become someone first Carter before ripping someone's schtick off of them. This goes for all those that come to Mile High and use the "Mile High Salute" in our stadium.

For the 2012 Broncos. Have swagger but smarts . We just don't need flava clowns.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #13
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

one really bad year surrounded by 8-8 seasons?....at least we din't sink down to the raiders, browns, or bills level.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #14
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
I credit the new attitude almost entirely to our new QB....and his entirely new attitude he brought to DEN, which Elway discussed with him as the attitude Elway had in common with him, and the attitude he wanted for this team going forward.

Oh, and big plays on defense never hurt either!
Im positive that doesn't hurt, but the team had a LOT of fight in it last year experiencing way more adversity than it has, or will see, this year
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #15
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Im positive that doesn't hurt, but the team had a LOT of fight in it last year experiencing way more adversity than it has, or will see, this year
I agree, the defense was what kept DEN in games last year. And Prater.
Yeah, Tebow did his thing, but now this team has a professional running the show. A real field general, both on the field in Manning and off in Elway.
I just think Mannings presence at Dove Valley is why these guys are playing the way they are. There are other factors as well though.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #16
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I think the author of the article is speaking to over confidence. It is the main ingredient in losing a trap game. I am sure the coaches and vets are well aware of this and will preach focus to the younger players.

I wouldn't mind losing a trap game (just not this week) as a teaching tool if it makes all the players more focused in the playoffs. The team needs to realize they need to play hard every week or they will be upset.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #17
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think the author of the article is speaking to over confidence. It is the main ingredient in losing a trap game. I am sure the coaches and vets are well aware of this and will preach focus to the younger players.

I wouldn't mind losing a trap game (just not this week) as a teaching tool if it makes all the players more focused in the playoffs. The team needs to realize they need to play hard every week or they will be upset.
I dont think so. It seems he wants them to be humble because we were that ****ty team just a few years ago. Afterall, it talks about the new Broncos. These Broncos weren't around when we were ****ty or mediocre so unless Bailey says something about it, they shouldn't be tied down because of the past.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #18
spiralism

Speaking of Swagger, i would love it if we rubbed the Chargers noses in the dirt this Sunday. No team rubbed it in during that spell quite as much as they did, with players giving the salute after each TD, Rivers mouthing off on the sideline, repeated asskickings, those little faggy "our division" armbands on MNF..I for one hope we punish those pricks again

Last edited by spiralism; 11-15-2012 at 10:33 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #19
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

During those lean years, I just kept clicking my heels together chanting, 'At least we're not the Chiefs...At least we're not the Chiefs...'
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I dont think so. It seems he wants them to be humble because we were that ****ty team just a few years ago. Afterall, it talks about the new Broncos. These Broncos weren't around when we were ****ty or mediocre so unless Bailey says something about it, they shouldn't be tied down because of the past.
Every team strives to achieve that delicate balance between swagger and cockiness. That is what I get from the article. I think it is wise to address that now for the Broncos. Any good coach would agree IMO.

Just go out there and play your game and leave the hot dogging for the losers of the NFL.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #21
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

I think we have the right amount of discipline, mixed with giving the opponent the feeling that they aren't winning the game. We, occasionally, have false start penalties, but we don't have too many stupid drive-killing penalties. We aren't the Raiders...YET...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #22
Mile High Salute

There's good reason to be excited, for fans and players alike. Manning is looking great, and he's working with a better D and a better running game than he ever had in Indianapolis. I mean, Fox's record when he scores over 28 points speaks for itself...and Del Rio, wow, that defense is looking nice.