The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #26
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Funny how many members on here were all against Denver bringing him in...hell, we had several who didn't even want us to pursue him at all.....I still shake my head in disbelief when I recall those threads......
Me too, Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow? I did not care if Manning was injured and did not play a game. Denver would make a huge step in the right direction just shipping off the circus.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #27
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Me too, Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow? I did not care if Manning was injured and did not play a game. Denver would make a huge step in the right direction just shipping off the circus.
I admit that i was hesitant about bringing in PFM since most of us was on the Tebow high. It didn't help considering Peyton abused Broncos defense for so many years and I hated him. I hated the Colts organizations and still hate hate them. I hate that they got Luck. Anyhoo, it quickly changed when I realized I hated him because he was so damn good and he wasn't a Broncos. When I found out he picked us over the other teams, i was ecstatic. Best free agent acquisition since GB got Reggie White.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #28
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

I felt bad for Tim...still do. But it's Peyton Friggen Manning!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #29
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Because I'm a Broncos fan and always try to look through orange colored lenses, i was all on board with Tim until the end of last season when I realized he just was never going to improve. I said it then,I said it now, i dont think he's that bright, nor do i think football is his top priority (and thats fine!)

But I was def on board with PM and, like the guy said above, even if he never took a Broncos snap, it was the right move. When you have the chance to secure one of the top 5 players to ever play the game, the most cerebral QB the game has ever seen (bar none), you take a chance. And right now, its REALLY paying off. I still cant believe I get to root for this guy every single sunday. Its beyond fun.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #30
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Apparently "this video is no longer available" (after they of course show the ad)

WTFozzie?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #31
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Because I'm a Broncos fan and always try to look through orange colored lenses, i was all on board with Tim until the end of last season when I realized he just was never going to improve. I said it then,I said it now, i dont think he's that bright, nor do i think football is his top priority (and thats fine!)

But I was def on board with PM and, like the guy said above, even if he never took a Broncos snap, it was the right move. When you have the chance to secure one of the top 5 players to ever play the game, the most cerebral QB the game has ever seen (bar none), you take a chance. And right now, its REALLY paying off. I still cant believe I get to root for this guy every single sunday. Its beyond fun.
This. This sums up my feelings about Tebow/Manning perfectly. Great post.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #32
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

try this page...look for the manning vid or denver broncos vids

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #33
g6matty

does any body else get mad and feel we're on the losing end of the highlights in the bose sound commercial
Old 11-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #34
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
does any body else get mad and feel we're on the losing end of the highlights in the bose sound commercial
Haha I was going to make a thread saying we're always on the losing end of plays in every commercial.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #35
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
haha ...we were a few years ago too in some commercial where we played the pats. And i can remember another when we were on the losing end against the giants
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #36
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
Yah we get it Jesus Christ
I don't think you do....see, if people "got it", they wouldn't have said some of the venomous things they said about Elway basically destroying this team.....but don't take my word for it, just peruse through the threads where people were b****ing about Elway even checking into whether Manning was remotely interested in coming to Denver

Then to top it off, after NFL trainers and executives and coaches had seen private workouts and checking his progress...even after video proof he was gonna be fine, we still had some on here that thought it was a mistake of collossal proportions, as evidenced by those who answered the following poll question

Who do you want as the Broncos starting QB in 2012

Tim Tebow
55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, DAN_BRONCO_FAN, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~
48 27.43%

Looking at this list of usual suspects, and reading some of the posts they made being highly critical and nowhere being even remotely cautiously optimistic of the pursuit and subsequent signing of Manning, not to mention the vile **** some of them spewed after he became our QB and that other guy was jettisoned

Sorry if my calling them out bothers you, but anyone who didn't want Peyton Manning as our starting QB this season for any reason needs to have their ass kicked up between their shoulder blades.....sorry that only a few of us have the balls to put the boots on and deliver them their ass kicking by pointing out how stupid they truly were for thinking or expecting any other result would have happened, than what is currently happening before our eyes as we witness this team play up to it's full potential.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #37
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Errand you're discounting the fact that we were a month removed from our first playoff win in five years and Tebow took us to a ton of come from behind victories. At least in my case it was never a knock on Manning aside from his age and the perception that we were a few years away from being an elite D.

It's easy to be unemotional now but you're discounting the emotion at that time. My vote for Tebow was more about "why I root for sports teams" than it was about who would actually be the better QB. It was a conflicted time.

Now, the choice is clear.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #38
CEH
Ring of Famer

Not to rag on Tim becuase we all know he's a hard worker just not that talented a passer but the whole idea of Tim's A "gamer" is just blown out of the water by what Manning in doing on the field. If he's teaching the players real time about their habits imagine what a practice under Manning must be like and the repetition involved to get it right. Contrast that to Tim who may be launching passes left and right and you see how important practice is during the week to get the little things right
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #39
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Love the fire!!!! Still can't believe he's our QB....every Sunday, I just think about opposing fans, and how WE'VE been the ones saying "well, ****. Manning is just too good". The fact that WE'RE the ones that can score at will in under 2 minutes just blows my mind. Never out of a game!
He uses his deeds and words to lead his team.....

Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #40
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Errand you're discounting the fact that we were a month removed from our first playoff win in five years and Tebow took us to a ton of come from behind victories. At least in my case it was never a knock on Manning aside from his age and the perception that we were a few years away from being an elite D.

It's easy to be unemotional now but you're discounting the emotion at that time. My vote for Tebow was more about "why I root for sports teams" than it was about who would actually be the better QB. It was a conflicted time.

Exactly. It wasn't about who was a better QB. EVERYONE agreed that Manning was a better QB. BUT.....the question for me was age, durability, trading away a guy that could POTENTIALLY get better for a guy that while he's the best ever, only has a couple years left. To me it was about INVESTMENT.

I'm thrilled Peyton is our QB. At the time, however, I simply questioned trading a "potential long-term QB" for a guy who will give us 3 years tops. Especially when we weren't absolutely sure how much his nerve would recover.

Nobody expected Manning to be as good as he's been this year (on pace for personal best in yardage, MVP candidate, etc).....especially considering the year off and major injury. The unanswered question WERE there......but they have been answered. Great time to be a Broncos fan.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #41
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Awesome candid game film with Peyton Manning as a Bronco. Doesn't get no better than this.

Great to see the emotion. The only time we get to see him is in front of the press, where he obviously acts much different, never curses, doesn't show emotion, and doesn't really like talking about other players.

You can tell he's excited about how the Defense is playing...and knows they have to get the run game going better.
Exactly...he knows that he and his team mates need to limit mistakes, and improve every week to obtain their goal of a SB title.....and he's passionate about it.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #42
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
I don't think you do....see, if people "got it", they wouldn't have said some of the venomous things they said about Elway basically destroying this team.....but don't take my word for it, just peruse through the threads where people were b****ing about Elway even checking into whether Manning was remotely interested in coming to Denver

Then to top it off, after NFL trainers and executives and coaches had seen private workouts and checking his progress...even after video proof he was gonna be fine, we still had some on here that thought it was a mistake of collossal proportions, as evidenced by those who answered the following poll question

Tim Tebow
55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, DAN_BRONCO_FAN, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~
48 27.43%

Looking at this list of usual suspects, and reading some of the posts they made being highly critical and nowhere being even remotely cautiously optimistic of the pursuit and subsequent signing of Manning, not to mention the vile **** some of them spewed after he became our QB and that other guy was jettisoned

Sorry if my calling them out bothers you, but anyone who didn't want Peyton Manning as our starting QB this season for any reason needs to have their ass kicked up between their shoulder blades.....sorry that only a few of us have the balls to put the boots on and deliver them their ass kicking by pointing out how stupid they truly were for thinking or expecting any other result would have happened, than what is currently happening before our eyes as we witness this team play up to it's full potential.
It bothers me because you're not looking at the context of the situation. You make it sound like the Broncos had the worst season before signing PFM. It was the total opposite. The franchise just came off a miserable 2-14 season. Orton stinks up the house with a 1-4 start. Tebow gets the start and we finish with a 8-8 record and a playoff birth. Broncos upset Pittsburgh in playoff overtime and every Broncos fan was riding high. This was a magical season for every Broncos fan. We were the underdog yet we defied the odds. Naysayers was dogging Tebow and he proved them wrong. Many Broncos fans were looking forward to next season. Then Elway wanted to sign a QB that had a career threatening injury and hasn't played a snap for over a year. Everyone wanted to give Tebow a chance at once more season and a repeat of the magical run.

Instead of talking about kicking asses, trying understanding the situation first.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #43
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

I'm not discounting any emotion. Everyone loved kicking the Steeler's asses....even those you guys labelled as "haters". as for the choice being clear...how the **** could it have ever been muddied? It's not like elway was looking into swapping Tebow for Gabbert or Sanchez or even trying to go back to Orton....it was Manning vs. Tebow. I don't care if Manning had one ****ing arm and it was his left arm at that...he was the better option.

I find it amazing that when people voiced legitimate concerns about Tim's ability to throw the ball, read defenses, and basically play the QB position at a high level, (because there's no other reason other than just pure unadulterated hatred according to them) they were constantly attacked as being haters and still to this day have been called some vile things.

Nope, sorry 'ol boy...I know I'm not alone when I say that those who attacked Elway, Bowlen, the FO and coaching staff over pursuing and signing Manning deserve to be called out....the shoe is on the other foot and it's being shoved halfway up their asses by this team's play and potential and I am loving it.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #44
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:

Tim Tebow
48 27.43%

That poll was BEFORE Manning signed if I am not mistaken. So the vote was for a pipe dream at the time (manning) or the QB who had taken us to the playoffs
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #45
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
It bothers me because you're not looking at the context of the situation. You make it sound like the Broncos had the worst season before signing PFM. It was the total opposite. The franchise just came off a miserable 2-14 season. Orton stinks up the house with a 1-4 start. Tebow gets the start and we finish with a 8-8 record and a playoff birth. Broncos upset Pittsburgh in playoff overtime and every Broncos fan was riding high. This was a magical season for every Broncos fan. We were the underdog yet we defied the odds. Naysayers was dogging Tebow and he proved them wrong. Many Broncos fans were looking forward to next season. Then Elway wanted to sign a QB that had a career threatening injury and hasn't played a snap for over a year. Everyone wanted to give Tebow a chance at once more season and a repeat of the magical run.

Instead of talking about kicking asses, trying understanding the situation first.
Umm, Tebow didn't prove anyone wrong, and in fact he proved them right, and continues to do so even wearing another uniform.....

Nobody said he couldn't help this team win games...they said he sucked at throwing the ball...and he does. His game vs. Steelers was the exception, not the rule...keep in mind about 140 of his 316 yards passing (44%) were made after the catch by Thomas alone.

According to those that have called myself and other posters on here all kinds of ****, this entire team was a bunch of dip****s incapable of winning save for the one guy they ballgargled all over....that Elway was an idiot, fox and the coaching staff were even bigger idiots.

Don't take my word for it....read the threads, read the vile venom that they vomited and try to comprehend what those clowns were saying about Elway, Fox, Manning and the rest of Broncos staff and fans alike that wanted Manning over Tebow....and then tell me calling them out is misguided.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #46
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Don't take my word for it....read the threads, read the vile venom that they vomited and try to comprehend what those clowns were saying about Elway, Fox, Manning and the rest of Broncos staff and fans alike that wanted Manning over Tebow....and then tell me calling them out is misguided.
Isn't it nice that is all gone now.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #47
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
That poll was BEFORE Manning signed if I am not mistaken. So the vote was for a pipe dream at the time (manning) or the QB who had taken us to the playoffs
...it's not just the fact that they voted on the poll. It's their words and deeds since Manning was released and Elway pursued him.

At every chance they could they tried to find something negative or to b**** about the pursuit and signing of Manning...and really ramped up their hatred for Elway Bowlen and Fox after their hero was traded...but whatever dude.

And the poll if memory serves me right came before Manning signed, but after he was released and the Broncos showed interest in him.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #48
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I admit, I had trepidation about getting Manning.

I wasn't sure if my pecker could handle the amount of times I was going to end up fapping over the news.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #49
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Some of us KNEW Manning was coming to Denver. I didn't have a doubt in the world he was going to be in a Broncos uni just like I KNEW Tebow wouldn't be wearing one. Proof was all over everything Elway and the FO was doing.

Really people turned a blind eye with McD and continued to do it with what the FO wanted with Tebow. It was only a pipe dream if you had blinders on.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #50
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

I hated Tim and then I got on the bandwagon and I loved the football even though it wasn't that good and hard to wathc at times. I loved beating the Steelers, but I realized durinf Denver's three game losing streak at the end tha the NFL figured Tebow out. Rush 3 or 4 do not blitz keep tebow in the pocket and make him throw the ball. Let him stand back there all day but make him throw. When teams started doing that Tebow could not hit the receivers.

The amazing part was the Steelers come in with this **** you attitude and they blitzed Tebow leaving their CBs one on one and Tebow burned them repeatedly for it.

Remember how painful it was to lose at Mile High to Kyle Orton and the Chiefs 7-3?? ughhh the Steeler game erased the memory of that game for most people but not me.

Last edited by Bacchus; 11-15-2012 at 12:28 PM..