The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #176
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
Still has nothing to do with his on the field play, therefore it is irrelevant that he could theoretically kill someone by drinking and driving.

You missed the point, whatever he does off the field does not affect his athletics or talent on the field. He is still an above average LB and will see significant tome on the field because of it. People are caring too much about the off the field stuff when arguing if he should play or not.

At this point in time, DJ has served his suspension, is still a Bronco, is still and above average player, will play well for us with significant reps, and the off the field stuff is done with and doesn't matter at all.
Well, there is some mileage to the off the field stuff. It can't be ignored, it matters.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #177
Bmore Manning

What I don't understand here..

There are clearly people who dislike DJ, as a person and as a player. There are a few people who like DJ. But I am seeing in this thread people who outright hate the guy arguing why he should be cut, and then there are those saying look he can help the team.

At the end of the day it's all about winning a SB, and if that means DJ helps the defense to achieve this goal EVERYONE should be on board!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #178
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

This thread...

WW has been playing very well, so more than likely he keeps the starting job unless he gets hurt or hits a slump. DJ is about a month out of being counted on to play full time.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #179
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
What I don't understand here..

There are clearly people who dislike DJ, as a person and as a player. There are a few people who like DJ. But I am seeing in this thread people who outright hate the guy arguing why he should be cut, and then there are those saying look he can help the team.

At the end of the day it's all about winning a SB, and if that means DJ helps the defense to achieve this goal EVERYONE should be on board!
The issue is how is he really going to help. He brings nothing to the table at this point depth is about it.

He is not any better than who we have playing right this minute.

If Elway and company thought he was that important they would not have told him he had to take a cut in his contract to stay.

Those that love the guy think he is better than who got us here and he simply at this point is not.

But their love for the guy will not allow them to be objective.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #180
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
And you are a homeless drunk that turned his back on his family. Probably evading the law in the US, It's a small wonder why everyone views you as a coward.
I don't
Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #181
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
The issue is how is he really going to help. He brings nothing to the table at this point depth is about it.

He is not any better than who we have playing right this minute.

If Elway and company thought he was that important they would not have told him he had to take a cut in his contract to stay.

Those that love the guy think he is better than who got us here and he simply at this point is not.

But their love for the guy will not allow them to be objective.
I posted this exact same thread type a week or two ago, I included an article where Fox said DJ was an impact player at LBer. Asking him to take a pay cut means they are trying to light a fire like they did with Big Vick. If they really didn't think he could help the team in some way, he would have been cut.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #182
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Quote:
Not sure where you have been the past couple of years but smart is not a term anyone can add to DJs repertoire..

as noted above he is listed as the #3WLB on the Broncos web site.. unlikely they are going to play him at MLB if he is not getting any reps at all during practice.. Barring more than one injury,, then most likely move WW to MLB and dumb ass to WLB..
Football smarts has never been brought into question. Common sense, uh maybe a bit

WW is pretty small for the MLB, but we shall see...
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #183
Momentum
Mockdrafthq.com, go there

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Can DJ like... just stay suspended all season? Dont want to mess up his trade value.
Momentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #184
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Quote:
this one is not quite yet absolute..
Correct. You have your opinion, and others have a different opinion. I think he will be starting by the playoffs and you say he will hardly see the field.

Maybe we should leave it at that and see what happens!
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #185
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

DJ personal issues aside has been a steady contributor to the defense for the past decade. JDR has been able to get the LB group to exceed expectations. He will be also maximize DJ's ability which is exciting since I feel he has never met his potential. If the coaches feel he is an upgrade over Brookings, then this defense may get down right scary.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #186
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
DJ personal issues aside has been a steady contributor to the defense for the past decade. JDR has been able to get the LB group to exceed expectations. He will be also maximize DJ's ability which is exciting since I feel he has never met his potential. If the coaches feel he is an upgrade over Brookings, then this defense may get down right scary.
Considering he has only been in the league 7 years your might want to rethink your comments.

As for JDRs ability lets factor Mays into that, not so good results.

dJ not meeting his potential. Absolutely correct there but I see that as the individual rather than the myriad of coaches and coordinators he has had since grade school.

As for the coaches thinking he is an upgrade over Brookings mentally, you are dreaming. They already know he is not, the absolute only value I see is in the Nickle package and DT has been filling that spot very well..

What you hear from the FO is coach speak, fodder for fans like yourself that want to believe.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #187
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Considering he has only been in the league 7 years your might want to rethink your comments.

As for JDRs ability lets factor Mays into that, not so good results.

dJ not meeting his potential. Absolutely correct there but I see that as the individual rather than the myriad of coaches and coordinators he has had since grade school.

As for the coaches thinking he is an upgrade over Brookings mentally, you are dreaming. They already know he is not, the absolute only value I see is in the Nickle package and DT has been filling that spot very well..

What you hear from the FO is coach speak, fodder for fans like yourself that want to believe.

Have you won over even one poster with your logic? Just wondering?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #188
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You have to understand that this is his message board persona. Been around it since I was a little teenager. Hardly, if ever, will you see complimentary posts about Broncos players or their successes. He always predicts us to lose and has nothing great to say even when we do well. He is the same clown that said Elvis Dumervil would never do well in the NFL because he was a "midget" and said that drafting Ryan Clady was a "mistake" since he played for Boise State against "weak competition." He thinks he is funny with his play on words regarding Shanahan (Tanahan) and his bad drafting (Dafting), but he isn't. It is petulant, ridiculous and his vociferous trolling has gotten quite old. Why he hasn't been giving another vacation is beyond me.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #189
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You have to understand that this is his message board persona. Been around it since I was a little teenager. Hardly, if ever, will you see complimentary posts about Broncos players or their successes. He always predicts us to lose and has nothing great to say even when we do well. He is the same clown that said Elvis Dumervil would never do well in the NFL because he was a "midget" and said that drafting Ryan Clady was a "mistake" since he played for Boise State against "weak competition." He thinks he is funny with his play on words regarding Shanahan (Tanahan) and his bad drafting (Dafting), but he isn't. It is petulant, ridiculous and his vociferous trolling has gotten quite old. Why he hasn't been giving another vacation is beyond me.
Someone's mad about their "vacation"...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #190
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

It is a testament to DJ and Champ to have been able to endure a lot of horrible years with constantly changing scheme/positions under all the different defensive coordinators. DJ isn't perfect, but this the first defense I can recall where he will have real DTs in front of him, no longer is the best player on the front 7, and can trust teammates that they cover their assigned duties.

If DJ isn't a good fit as a MLB, then the coaching staff has showed no hesitation to go with players who do not make the team better (Florence, Mays).
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #191
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Have no idea if i have or have not.

Frankly I do not care if the nut huggers change their minds.

Time will tell.

Just wanted to prepare them for the loss of their true love.

I present facts and logic of how things are, the nut huggers present hope that things will get better.

That is all.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #192
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Someone's mad about their "vacation"...
Had not noticed he was, of course being in IGGY makes him invisible except when someone quotes his drivel.

On my old forum when some was banned it showed up under their login name in each post.

Back to topic DJ. Let's hope that the coaches make the right decisions. Unlike mikey did when he gave a kings ransom for an average LB.

I suspect that John E has this firmly under control.

Not to worry.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #193
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momentum View Post
Can DJ like... just stay suspended all season? Dont want to mess up his trade value.
If anything, playing him in this defense should really help raise his value. How about we all wait till he plays in this defense to see what he can do before we proclaim he will under perform. Can we do that?
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #194
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
How about we all wait till he plays in this defense to see what he can do before we proclaim he will under perform. Can we do that?
Stop making so much sense please!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #195
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Have no idea if i have or have not.

Frankly I do not care if the nut huggers change their minds.

Time will tell.

Just wanted to prepare them for the loss of their true love.

I present facts and logic of how things are, the nut huggers present hope that things will get better.

That is all.
Different thread, but the dude is still infatuated with testicles.

Nom, nom, nom - nuts, nuts, nuts!
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #196
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

You are what you eat.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #197
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Well I see dream is back and most likely making juvenile potshots like he always has.
Would think after being suspended a couple of times one would learn.

But like the scorpion he is what he is. Can't help oneself.

Now back to the topic our oline has had lots of coaching from real pros and now Manning.
Having Koppen certainly has not hurt will help those near him on the ol but he is a rental so Walton has to be ready next year. With the time off as well as offseason no real need to be concerned. IMO.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #198
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Well I see dream is back and most likely making juvenile potshots like he always has.
Would think after being suspended a couple of times one would learn.

But like the scorpion he is what he is. Can't help oneself.

Now back to the topic our oline has had lots of coaching from real pros and now Manning.
Having Koppen certainly has not hurt will help those near him on the ol but he is a rental so Walton has to be ready next year. With the time off as well as offseason no real need to be concerned. IMO.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #199
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
However, at least from a pure physical skills perspective, DJ >> Brookings.
From a pure physical perspective, DJ>>Mays>>Brookings

From a complete perspective, Brookings>>>>>>DJ>Mays
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #200
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

Not at all.

Seems to be the best descriptor for DJ fan bois.
Their devotion to him is not understandable if you look at facts.