The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #26
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I wouldn't take one player on that team and put them on the Broncos. How are you going to throw your own teammate under the bus to the media even if what they say is true?? That organization is a joke.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #27
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

I don't know. This just seems like a lot of Tebow hate to me just because he gets all the endorsements and the poor jets players are getting jealous. EVERYONE knows he is ****ty player in practice and has coaches going "you got to be kidding me" during the week.

But let's give him credit. He produces and wins when it matters, gameday. Say what you will, but like skip bayless famously said "he's a winner"

I am still a Tebow supporter. Of course getting Manning is a no brainer, duh! HOWEVER, Tebow will always trump Sanchez in my eyes. Sanchez is polar opposite of Tebow. He has tools and can't do **** because he is not a winner.

Give Tebow a chance. On second thought, don't give him a chance because I am not even sure he could do well in that **** show of an environment. When he gets traded or let go, he will prove himself with some other team.

So to summarize, I am glad the Broncos have Manning but I will always support Tebow because he is a winner, unlike a lot of these ****ing loser jets suddenly talking in the media.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #28
CEH
Ring of Famer

Paging urban Meyer
Please get an nfl job so Tim can play qb
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #29
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
I don't know. This just seems like a lot of Tebow hate to me just because he gets all the endorsements and the poor jets players are getting jealous. EVERYONE knows he is ****ty player in practice and has coaches going "you got to be kidding me" during the week.

But let's give him credit. He produces and wins when it matters, gameday. Say what you will, but like skip bayless famously said "he's a winner"

I am still a Tebow supporter. Of course getting Manning is a no brainer, duh! HOWEVER, Tebow will always trump Sanchez in my eyes. Sanchez is polar opposite of Tebow. He has tools and can't do **** because he is not a winner.

Give Tebow a chance. On second thought, don't give him a chance because I am not even sure he could do well in that **** show of an environment. When he gets traded or let go, he will prove himself with some other team.

So to summarize, I am glad the Broncos have Manning but I will always support Tebow because he is a winner, unlike a lot of these ****ing loser jets suddenly talking in the media.
.563 % of time he is "a winner"

.438 % of the time he is "a loser"

So is he just "a winner"?
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #30
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

DONT CARE!

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #31
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

If Sanchez gets dinged up, it will be so interesting to see how this all goes down. Especially if Tebow starts winning games...

I'm glad we got Manning, and haven't been this excited about our team in a long time, but Tebow just gets an unfair rap. Great, hard working team player. He deserves his shot, especially with how bad things are going for that crap hole offense.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #32
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Ahh figures.. Tebow thread all the haters come out of the woodwork.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #33
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
it was such a positive Tebow thread from the jump too. Damn haters
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #34
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
but Tebow just gets an unfair rap. Great, hard working team player. He deserves his shot, especially with how bad things are going for that crap hole offense.
Lots of reasons to like him personally....but he leaves a lot to be desired as an NFL QB....and his legion of fans are just whack jobs.

And why does he "deserve" a chance? Shouldn't he have to impress his coaches with running their offense and "earn" his chance? That's like saying Dan Marino deserved to win a SB......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #35
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
And if he was doing great I'm sure McGruder KOSK and the rest of the circus freaks would be in here throwin the words I told you so up and down this thread.

It's good being right.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #36
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Wow still so much emotion around this. And not sure I get it. Let me ask this -

all you Tebow haters, was last year not fantastic? Winning all those games in the last minute and Tebow often doing crazy stuff to get it done? You don't have fond memories of it??

All you Tebow lovers - is there any question that the only way he could succeed long term would be for you to build the team around him totally? Do you think it would work long term? Could a QB that is supposed to throw the ball survive running that much? Aren't you glad we have PFM?

Don't really understand the uber hate or uber love that much...
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #37
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
Wow still so much emotion around this. And I guess I understand. Let me ask this -

all you Tebow haters, was last year not fantastic? Winning all those games in the last minute and Tebow often doing crazy stuff to get it done? You don't have fond memories of it??

All you Tebow lovers - is there any question that the only way he could succeed long term would be for you to build the team around him totally? Do you think it would work long term? Could a QB that is supposed to throw the ball survive running that much? Aren't you glad we have PFM?

I honestly see myself as just supporting the guy (maybe because of all the jealous hating that goes on).

I don't love Tebow because I know he is limited, but if you gave me a choice between Tebow and Sanchez I am going with Tebow.

Let's give the guy credit for last season and let's be happy we now have a QB who will go down as one of the best ever to play the game. Can't complain as a Broncos fan. I just get tired of the Tebow trashing; especially from Broncos fans. The man gave us a great season last year AND he lead the team past the ****ing pittsburgh steelers. I will always root for him just for those reasons alone and yet I still know that we are better with Peyton obviously but I am not going to sit here and say **** Tebow. He did nothing but good for this organization. He doesn't deserve the petty bull ****, especially from loser teammates that are just good at, well...losing.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #38
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Wow still so much emotion around this. And I guess I understand. Let me ask this -

all you Tebow haters, was last year not fantastic? Winning all those games in the last minute and Tebow often doing crazy stuff to get it done? You don't have fond memories of it??.

The last 3 games of the regular season sealed it for me. it was painful to watch so many 0 point quarters. 3 and outs. Seeing a QB only throw it 8 times in a game. That's ugly football. Then I looked over the comebacks and how we actually got into the playoffs. Instead of seeing tebow win against Chicago like tebow lovers do, I saw Marion Barber giving us the win. Instead of letting Tebows KC game slide, I saw rivers having to bail him out in the afternoon on that Sunday. I just don't see him as a starting QB.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #39
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

I agree Tebow is getting a bad rap. And I'm not a fan. I loved the run last year and the playoff win, but I knew it was a "6-0 McD" style flash in the pan. Still, what's the worst that can be said about him? He is a limited QB? There are far less talented players who have played QB who have been far less fun to watch. He uses the NFL as a platform to espouse his religious views? I don't agree with his views but I don't care, and there have been athletes who have used the platform to express far more asinine sentiments.

It seems most of the vitriol directed at him is more aptly directed at his biggest fans, but it's not really much a mystery why he has so many fans. I mean that run last year was truly remarkable and even if it was a flash in the pan, there was something legitimately special about it.

The Jets players throwing him under the bus may have legitimate gripe with the chorus of fans and media wanting Tebow to play more, but they should direct it at where it's coming from. It's pretty lowball to direct their ire at a teammate who isn't even playing.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #40
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
I agree Tebow is getting a bad rap. And I'm not a fan. I loved the run last year and the playoff win, but I knew it was a "6-0 McD" style flash in the pan. Still, what's the worst that can be said about him? He is a limited QB? There are far less talented players who have played QB who have been far less fun to watch. He uses the NFL as a platform to espouse his religious views? I don't agree with his views but I don't care, and there have been athletes who have used the platform to express far more asinine sentiments.

It seems most of the vitriol directed at him is more aptly directed at his biggest fans, but it's not really much a mystery why he has so many fans. I mean that run last year was truly remarkable and even if it was a flash in the pan, there was something legitimately special about it.

The Jets players throwing him under the bus may have legitimate gripe with the chorus of fans and media wanting Tebow to play more, but they should direct it at where it's coming from. It's pretty lowball to direct their ire at a teammate who isn't even playing.
very well said, IMO
Old 11-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #41
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Pretty dam good post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #42
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:

Post more.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #43
Bacchus

Quote:
As the circus atmosphere surrounding the Jets continues, the front page of today’s New York Daily News declares that Tim Tebow can’t be the starting quarterback because “he’s terrible” — according to one of his own teammates.
In other news the sky is blue.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #44
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Wow still so much emotion around this. And not sure I get it. Let me ask this -

Sure winning those games was great.....but his contributions to our team were no more impressive than Bubby Brister keeping the Ferrari out of the ditch by going 4-0 keeping the Broncos quest of a perfect season intact or when Gus Frerotte went 5-1 down the stretch after we were 6-4....

In his six games (5 starts) Gus led the Broncos to 5 wins...scored 38 points in 4 of them (scored 38 in 3 consecutive games too) and came off the bench to win Mile High Stadium's final game....but he was ineffective vs. the Raven juggernaut D (who the **** wasn't?) and has been ripped on here mercilessly by the majority of members.....

I guess you're only as good as your last game as a Bronco. At least Gus could throw the damn ball adequately...

As for what they honestly think.....go back and read some of those threads about whether or not we should even pursue Manning, and the venom they spewed at Elway after we did sign Manning...not to mention there were about 50 members who wanted Tebow to be our starter in 2012 instead of Manning.

I understand why those you say "hate" him have issues with his inability to throw the ball very well....but agree I too cannot understand the love for him as a passer.
In Bold
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #45
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Posted this in another forum but applies here too...

I'm biased cause i love the guy but imo this whole thing has been a disgrace with Tebow. He's been left to rot on the bench behind one of the worst starters in the NFL and has been undermined at every corner, be it his coach, his teammates, his fellow players across the league, the media or the general NFL community. It's not right. What other player has ever been subject to this sort of treatment? Say what you want about his abilities as a passer or his beliefs but he does not deserve on his body of work in the game to be ridiculed and undermined by everyone including the guys supposed to have his back.

I mean, last year Fox and Elway were VERY sceptical on the whole idea and did pull the plug on it with Manning but we did roll with it, the players backed him to the hilt and we certainly weren't disappointed with the results. I fear he wont make it in the NFL simply because too many have bought into the bull**** and he wont ever get a real crack of the whip again. Tbh he made a mistake not going to Jacksonville..
Please don't make it to 237 posts.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #46
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Amazing how there are so many bad players/QBs and the Jets jump all over a backup QB. Is it because they know that Mark Sanchez isn't doing ****? They seem to back him up, which is understandable, but would run over a backup. It isn't Tebow's fault the Jets suck ass. I have no problem with the teammates backing their starter. It is some of them that think calling out another QB as if that still protects the starter. Guess what? Sanchez still sucking ass. Deal with that Jets players!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #47
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Last yr at this point the Jets players were throwing Sanchez under the bus. This yr they don't want to because they hate tebow.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #48
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

The thing with Tebow to me, and I'll say it time and time again, you have to have a very specific offense for him. Spread option with great run blocking and decent RB's, and then WR's who are quick.
Tebow will never be a fantastic passer, but put him in the right situation and it could work. COULD work, he won't succeed in any type of normal offense what so ever.

I'm glad we have Manning, a huge upgrade over Tebow of course, but there is no denying that we had a very fun and exciting season with Tebow last year.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #49
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Elway said he believes moving on from Tebow to a more traditional quarterback was the right move.

I believe that there are Tebow fans, and there are Broncos fans,” he said. “My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to (owner) Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that’s win championships."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tebow/1705685/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #50
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

baja is offline   Reply With Quote