The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #1876
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Football Outsiders say the Chorfs have a 29.9% chance of having the first pick in the draft. Luckily they also have a 100% chance of screwing the pick up.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #1877
FearLanier

Most people in Kansas City are now just oblivious to the team for the rest of the season. They've given us nothing to cheer about at all so why support them?

Kansas City is now in full Jayhawk mode. Next time to cheer for KC will be when they fire Patrioli.

As for me, I'm just waiting for us to get Matt Barkley. The kid is gonna be a really good NFL QB.

Last edited by FearLanier; 11-14-2012 at 01:11 AM..
Old 11-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #1878
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I go by nfl-forecast.com.

We were eliminated 2 weeks ago.
Chiefs are elimiated for your whole lifetime.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #1879
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Most people in Kansas City are now just oblivious to the team for the rest of the season. They've given us nothing to cheer about at all so why support them?

Kansas City is now in full Jayhawk mode. Next time to cheer for KC will be when they fire Patrioli.

As for me, I'm just waiting for us to get Matt Barkley. The kid is gonna be a really good NFL QB.
Chefs suckage must have spilled over into your "full Jayhawk mode" last night. Lulz.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #1880
dictionary

Quote:

And that is exactly why the pathetic chefs will continue to be the dregs of the AFC West. Matt Barkley is a weak armed QB ala Mark Sanchez. You might as well just start molding sub-par QBs in KC and then exporting them to USC.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #1881
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Too bad you are drafting #1 this year - You have no "Luck"
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #1882
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

kc is gonna draft Barkley? I guess I'll be good with that pick. USC tends to be fool's gold when it comes to QBs but that really doesn't mean anything right?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #1883
Tom A Hawk
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Nope. Mathematically, they could still win the division with an 8-8 record. They've have to win out, sweeping Denver in the process, while Denver wins no more than two of its other five games. In addition, they'd need the Chargers to lose the majority of their remaining games. They'd also need Oakland to drop a few more.

so, you say there is a chance?
Tom A Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #1884
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:

Really? I find that hard to believe since there are also a ton of Mizzou fans in KCMO. Also a bunch of fools out there that cheer for K-State in football and KU in basketball. So maybe you've got KC in half Jayhawk mode, but not full. Its just not feasible.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #1885
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom A Hawk View Post
so, you say there is a chance?
Yes the chiefs can still win the Superbowl. Spread the word. Cassel will turn into Tom Brady, Romeo into Bill B and the chiefs D will think they are the D they had ynder Marty.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #1886
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Really? I find that hard to believe since there are also a ton of Mizzou fans in KCMO. Also a bunch of fools out there that cheer for K-State in football and KU in basketball. So maybe you've got KC in half Jayhawk mode, but not full. Its just not feasible.
Yeah, those aren't real fans. I know a lot of them, around here. Those are the "fans" that didn't go to either school and have no ties...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #1887
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
kc is gonna draft Barkley? I guess I'll be good with that pick. USC tends to be fool's gold when it comes to QBs but that really doesn't mean anything right?
The only thing Barkley has in common with the other USC QB's is that he wears the same uniform. That's it, literally.

Barkley is everything that Leinart, Sanchez and Cassel never could be. Leadership, experience, smarts, work ethic and talent.

I always love when people say Barkley has no arm strength too. Someone isn't watching him play this year
Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #1888
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
The only thing Barkley has in common with the other USC QB's is that he wears the same uniform. That's it, literally.

Barkley is everything that Leinart, Sanchez and Cassel never could be. Leadership, experience, smarts, work ethic and talent.

I always love when people say Barkley has no arm strength too. Someone isn't watching him play this year
Barkley is overrated, just like Leinart and Sanchez. Barkley isn't even the best player on his team, so I hope the chefs take him. Sure he has arm strength but his intermediate accuracy sucks. He's just not worth a top 5 pick. Barkley also lacks leadership, he hasn't led his team to wins vs quality teams.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #1889
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

Literally? Umm okay. Homer on chorfs fan.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #1890
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It's pretty much universally acknowledged that this year (or next year's) QB class is not anywhere close to last year. That doesn't mean Barley won't be good, but I am very skeptical of any QB that has a lot of talent around him - especially one coming from USC. They do not live up to the hype. The Chiefs have to brag about something, I suppose...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #1891
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It's pretty much universally acknowledged that this year (or next year's) QB class is not anywhere close to last year. That doesn't mean Barley won't be good, but I am very skeptical of any QB that has a lot of talent around him - especially one coming from USC. They do not live up to the hype. The Chiefs have to brag about something, I suppose...
No QB class since 2004 is close to last years. It's a class that happens every decade or so.

As for Barkley, he has nowhere near the talent that Leinart or Sanchez had on their team, especially on offense. Not this year.

Barkley's OL has been struggling all year. They have literally tried everything to fix that thin OL but have had no luck. Khaled Holmes was their best OL and he got hurt. In fact, this is the worst OL USC has had in quite some time actually. You might wanna check these out.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep...s-cal-20120922

http://www.foxsportswest.com/09/17/1...lockID=791771&

http://dailytrojan.com/2012/09/18/us...-line-for-cal/

So basically yes he has immense talents at WR and a somewhat productive RB (transfer from PSU) who has been okay but not really that great lately.

Plus Barkley's defense is horrible. They can't stop anybody the last few weeks. Barkley has put up 8 TD's and almost 1,000 passing yards the past 2 weeks and his defense still let him down.

That's the story of this whole QB class though. Good talents covered up by horrible team play.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #1892
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

He can't even beat Stanford's defense. I do not see him being anything more than a journeyman QB
Old 11-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #1893
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
He can't even beat Stanford's defense. I do not see him being anything more than a journeyman QB
I remember this game. Khaled Holmes (a potential first round pick) got hurt and Lane Kiffin struggled to patch up the middle of the OL. The result was Barkley getting sacked 4 times, hit 3 other times and pressured 5 more times on top of that.

Stanford has a great defense too. I believe they are 12th. I don't believe a QB should be judged on how they play certain defenses though. Matt Ryan struggled some and he turned out fine

I'm eager to see how Barkley does against the best defense in college football in a couple weeks. That will be a great measuring point for him.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #1894
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I remember this game. Khaled Holmes (a potential first round pick) got hurt and Lane Kiffin struggled to patch up the middle of the OL. The result was Barkley getting sacked 4 times, hit 3 other times and pressured 5 more times on top of that.

Stanford has a great defense too. I believe they are 12th. I don't believe a QB should be judged on how they play certain defenses though. Matt Ryan struggled some and he turned out fine

I'm eager to see how Barkley does against the best defense in college football in a couple weeks. That will be a great measuring point for him.

Not just one game. His entire college career I believe. Barkley looks to be the most polished coming out so we will see. At least he doesn't need gimmick plays
Old 11-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #1895
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Im waiting to hear star whateverhis last name is from utah name called by kc this spring
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #1896
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Plus Barkley's defense is horrible. They can't stop anybody the last few weeks. Barkley has put up 8 TD's and almost 1,000 passing yards the past 2 weeks and his defense still let him down.

That's the story of this whole QB class though. Good talents covered up by horrible team play.
Sounds like any of these guys would be a natural fit on kFc!

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #1897
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

ok heres all you need to know about KC here

Last edited by DAN_BRONCO_FAN; 11-14-2012 at 04:02 PM..
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #1898
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Im waiting to hear star whateverhis last name is from utah name called by kc this spring
Star Jones? Excellent first pick. She'll talk your ear off...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #1899
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Not just one game. His entire college career I believe. Barkley looks to be the most polished coming out so we will see. At least he doesn't need gimmick plays
I agree. I just find it hilarious when people say Barkley is automatically the next Leinart or Sanchez.

Leinart hung out with famous people and ended up loving women more than football while Sanchez had only one year of starting experience entering the NFL and rumors are that he is not that hard of a worker.

Meanwhile, Barkley is an extremely hard worker, has all 4 years starting experience in a pro system, has overcome adversity and has proven leadership.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #1900
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I agree. I just find it hilarious when people say Barkley is automatically the next Leinart or Sanchez.

Leinart hung out with famous people and ended up loving women more than football while Sanchez had only one year of starting experience entering the NFL and rumors are that he is not that hard of a worker.

Meanwhile, Barkley is an extremely hard worker, has all 4 years starting experience in a pro system, has overcome adversity and has proven leadership.
What about Palmer? I think it's more the mystic of USC QBs floundering. Barkley can change that and so far looks like he makes the right decisions. KC needs to stay on the losing streak if they want him though