The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Action

Default Anonymous Jets' players + LG Matt Slausen think Tim Tebow is "terrible"

As the circus atmosphere surrounding the Jets continues, the front page of today’s New York Daily News declares that Tim Tebow can’t be the starting quarterback because “he’s terrible” — according to one of his own teammates.

That was the word used by a teammate who didn’t want to put his name behind that assessment, but another teammate who was willing to put his name behind his opinions, left guard Matt Slauson, told the Daily News that Mark Sanchez is the Jets’ best quarterback by far.

“It’s not even close,” Slauson said. “All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We don’t really have a choice.”

Asked about the Jets’ two backup quarterbacks, Tebow and Greg McElroy, Slauson said the Jets really only have one other quarterback.

“We have Greg . . . and we have an athlete,” Slauson said.

According to the Daily News story, there is no quarterback controversy with the Jets because there is no one in the Jets’ locker room who believes Tebow deserves to start.

“Hell, no!” one starter said. “You got to keep defenses honest. You just can’t line up in the Wildcat all the time. That won’t work.”

Said another teammate, “We can’t win running that sh–.”

After last season ended with the Jets sniping at each other, Jets coach Rex Ryan has said all year that fostering a closer locker room is one of his goals. But it sounds like most of his players aren’t on board with his highest-profile offseason acquisition.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-hes-terrible/
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Rex better start Tebow soon:

McD drafts Tebow, doesn't play him outside of gimmicks, gets canned.
Rex brings in Tebow, doesn't play him outside of gimmicks, To Be Continued...
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

and thanks NY Jets for taking that circus with you. "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!"
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm still a Tebow fan, but he can't out perform the worst starting qb in the league, well, maybe it's time to become a kick ass tight end or something.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
I'm still a Tebow fan, but he can't out perform the worst starting qb in the league, well, maybe it's time to become a kick ass tight end or something.
ditto. And too much workout warrior, not enough QB work in the off season.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
chanesaw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Put your name on it!!
chanesaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
spiralism

Posted this in another forum but applies here too...

I'm biased cause i love the guy but imo this whole thing has been a disgrace with Tebow. He's been left to rot on the bench behind one of the worst starters in the NFL and has been undermined at every corner, be it his coach, his teammates, his fellow players across the league, the media or the general NFL community. It's not right. What other player has ever been subject to this sort of treatment? Say what you want about his abilities as a passer or his beliefs but he does not deserve on his body of work in the game to be ridiculed and undermined by everyone including the guys supposed to have his back.

I mean, last year Fox and Elway were VERY sceptical on the whole idea and did pull the plug on it with Manning but we did roll with it, the players backed him to the hilt and we certainly weren't disappointed with the results. I fear he wont make it in the NFL simply because too many have bought into the bull**** and he wont ever get a real crack of the whip again. Tbh he made a mistake not going to Jacksonville..
Old 11-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
DENVERDUI55

Truth hurts to teblowers or teabaggers depending on your label of choice. John knew it and shipped him out. Now we are SB contenders.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

The best thing for Tebow, if he doesn't want to play another position, is ship his ass to Jacksonville. They'd love it, they'd profit (short term), and no one would notice how bad of a QB he is there.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #10
Drunken.Broncoholic

So when someone labeled it a circus months ago they got ridiculed by irate tebow followers, or as denverdui puts it, teblowers. Fast forward to the middle of the season and that exactly what it looks like. Rex Ryan now calling his own players cowards. The implosion is in full swing.

It can be summed up best last week. 2 times Sanchez was taken off the field for tebow it resulted in 2 false starts by Keller. You don't change QBs in a game. And if he "was never brought here to play starting QB" then what is he? Ryan is very proud of their punt progression.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

I'd rather watch Tebow run around and throw up ducks, than whatever you call it that Mark Sanchez has been doing lately.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
And that's the rub. Dude had to work like crazy to be a real NFl QB, but didn't seem interested in doing that. Ah well, dude turned out to be another one of those guys that came into the NFL thinking he was all that and didn't want to put the work in to improve to NFL level play. Thought it should be handed to him, dumb as a bag of hammers.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And **** man, from an outsiders / neutral perspective, who doesn't want the fun of watching "Tebow time" every week in the last 5 mins of the game?

Ratings and entertainment gold.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #14
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Um, is nobody going to bring up the fact these teammates just slammed their own player like that? I knew the Jets lockerroom was a garbage heap full of cancerous me-first personalities, but damn. Also, there is a difference between a QB and a passer. Tebow might not be a better passer than Sanchez, but he is an infinitely better QB. A leader who doesn't turn the ball over could help the Jets a lot right now, 45% completion rate be damned.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
chanesaw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

The Jets don't have a Brian Dawkins making sure that nobody makes fun of Tebow.
chanesaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Does anyone think if he stopped talking to the media as much he would be treated better by his teammates? How many back ups get to do post game shows?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #17
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I'd rather watch Tebow run around and throw up ducks, than whatever you call it that Mark Sanchez has been doing lately.
This. He may be a bad QB, but he is so much fun to watch because you never know what's going to happen good or bad.

If you have a bad QB like Sanchez, Orton last year for us, or Gabbert in Jacksonville, just play the guy.

Tebow is a dumbass for not choosing Jacksonville, and while I think his teammates are chicken**** for not putting their name on the garbage they are spewing, he really walked into this. His people convinced him to go to a larger market for his religious reasons, versus playing in a place that would embrace him for a couple of years.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #18
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Posted this in another forum but applies here too...

I'm biased cause i love the guy but imo this whole thing has been a disgrace with Tebow. He's been left to rot on the bench behind one of the worst starters in the NFL and has been undermined at every corner, be it his coach, his teammates, his fellow players across the league, the media or the general NFL community. It's not right. What other player has ever been subject to this sort of treatment? Say what you want about his abilities as a passer or his beliefs but he does not deserve on his body of work in the game to be ridiculed and undermined by everyone including the guys supposed to have his back.

I mean, last year Fox and Elway were VERY sceptical on the whole idea and did pull the plug on it with Manning but we did roll with it, the players backed him to the hilt and we certainly weren't disappointed with the results. I fear he wont make it in the NFL simply because too many have bought into the bull**** and he wont ever get a real crack of the whip again. Tbh he made a mistake not going to Jacksonville..
I like Tim Tebow too but just maybe they are not undermining him, just maybe he is a not very good at the quarter back position. At some point you have got to consider that.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Tim Tebow should have been a monk.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #20
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

That team is a joke...they're terrible...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #21
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post

As the circus atmosphere surrounding the Jets continues, the front page of today’s New York Daily News declares that Mark Sanchez can’t be the starting quarterback because “he’s terrible” — according to one of his own teammates.

That was the word used by a teammate who didn’t want to put his name behind that assessment, but another teammate who was willing to put his name behind his opinions, left guard Matt Slauson, told the Daily News that Tim Tebow is the Jets’ best quarterback by far.

“It’s not even close,” Slauson said. “All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Tim. We don’t really have a choice.”

Asked about the Jets’ two backup quarterbacks, Sanchez and Greg McElroy, Slauson said the Jets really only have one other quarterback.

“We have Greg . . . and we have an playboy,” Slauson said.

According to the Daily News story, there is no quarterback controversy with the Jets because there is no one in the Jets’ locker room who believes Sanchez deserves to start.

“Hell, no!” one starter said. “You got to keep defenses honest. You just can’t line up in the pro set all the time. That won’t work.”

Said another teammate, “We can’t win running that sh–.”

After last season ended with the Jets sniping at each other, Jets coach Rex Ryan has said all year that fostering a closer locker room is one of his goals. But it sounds like most of his players aren’t on board with his highest-profile offseason acquisition.
I changed the names in the article....so tell me how is it those who are called haters would laugh just as much had the story read like this, and yet the nuthuggers only get pissed when the QB being criticized is named Tebow?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #22
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I like Tim Tebow too but just maybe they are not undermining him, just maybe he is not very good at the quarter back position. At some point you have got to consider that.
....while this is closer to reality than any other take others have, you're crazy if you think any of the nuthugging legion of Tebow fans will ever admit this.

What's funny is that had this article been about Orton, Russell, Cassell, Gabbert, Quinn, or Sanchez, they'd be rolling on the floor laughing their asses off at the guy being blasted by his team, and not one of those excuses they give for Tebow's shortcomings would be uttered by them to excuse any other QB's shortcomings
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #23
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
And that's the rub. Dude had to work like crazy to be a real NFl QB, but didn't seem interested in doing that. Ah well, dude turned out to be another one of those guys that came into the NFL thinking he was all that and didn't want to put the work in to improve to NFL level play. Thought it should be handed to him, dumb as a bag of hammers.
You know what else is cool? Unicorns exist. Really, they do.

I thought I'd join the conversation by making things up off the top of my head too.

There's zero evidence that the guy isn't trying to get better. It's far more likely that he's just not good enough. But hey, keep making things up as they pop into your heads.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #24
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Put him at tight end and be done with it.
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #25
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Thank god elway sent that garbage out of town. Surprised we got a 4th rounder when in reality hes not even worth a seventh.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote