The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #76
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I am always in favour of adding depth and speed to the defense.

DJ has been practicing with the team for a few weeks during his DUI suspension so he should be pretty up to speed on a lot of things.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #77
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
You must be a union worker. Bunch enablers. Every union guy i ever met laughs, he dont have to do **** and gets a fat salary. Their the fat people in the working world.

Oh and welcome back dj,screw your head on.
Yep a union lackey at best. Probably exactly like you described.

I find it amazing that a union "worker" seems to have this much time available to post all day everyday.

Sounds to me that a company is being cheated out of actual work.

But then featherbedding is common place in union shops.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #78
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Linebacker D.J. Williams is eligible to return to the team, and Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway is confident that Williams has remained in top shape during his time away.

In Tuesday’s episode of Elway Access, hosted by Broncos TV’s Chris Hall, Elway said that Williams “has been working out hard” during the suspension, but it’s still important to ease him back into the game.

“You can only get in football shape by playing football,” Elway said. “That’s why it’s important to work him in there slowly. This time of year, those linebackers take a lot of hits. He is going to be able to give those guys some time and some rest and not take that beating that they take. But we have to work him in there. We can’t give him too many reps. We’ll slowly work him in there and we’ll see how he fits.”
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...iams-chargers/
Make no mistake about it DJ will be playing this week.
Elway sums it up nicely here. I just don't see DJ getting a lot of playing time. Elway is admitting they don't even know where he'll fit in. Couple that with the fact that he's out of playing shape and yah, he might play this Sunday but it will be sparingly.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #79
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
It's like some of you guys don't trust Jack Del Rio and John Fox to do what is best for the team.

If they think the Deej is ready to go, I'll defer to their judgement here.
Oh I completely trust them. But unlike the nut huggers, I see it for what it is. Unlikely that he is in their plans other than a spare part in case he is needed.

They expect because JDR is a miracle worker so far that instantly dumb ass is going to become an instant pro bowl player.

He is what he is a supremely gifted athlete that is a dumber than a rock. That has not produced to his potential the first 6 years of his career.

Many blame that on the revolving door at DC. But IIRC he has had the same LB coach for much of that time frame.

Place the blame where it should be if there were numerous changes in scheme if he were all that good he would have picked them up fast and adapted.

He would have been the shining star and reached his potential. But alas he has Been slightly above average on a sub par defense since he got here.

Y'all act like he is Vilma or Lewis. He is DJ and unlikely to become anything more than DJ has been.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #80
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Welcome back, DJ Williams.
From Da La Salle (what you know about Keak da Sneak), to the U to the Denver Broncos.

HATERS GONNA HATE!
WELCOME BACK RADIO!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #81
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
according to your logic, why didn't they cut/trade DJ at the beginning of the season. Mays went on IR 2 weeks ago, not at the beginning of the season.

The Broncos knew about his upcoming suspension and could of cut him before the season started. Why not go after Demaco Ryans (sp??)? Why not draft a LB in 2nd, 3rd round? You're freaking nuts to think the only value EFX sees in DJ is a insurance policy.

If DJ is such a horrible/bad person and performance on the field is the worst of all our LB as you say, DJ would be long gone. No team holds on to a player knowing in the offseason that the player would be suspended 6 games (later to be 9 games) only as a insurance policy. Your theory doesn't add up.
I thought the same way. Then it hit me they have zero to lose holding on to him. Until they activate him for games he is FREE have not cost him a dime. Till game day.

Now that they forced him to take a reduction in pay forthe remaining portion of the year. And let me spell that out. He redid his contract to get less than the amount he should have in this ca before the redo 7/16s of the 5+ million for the year. He gave up the other 9/16s because he was a dumb ass. That was league mandated.

Now he is going to receive even less of that 7/16s forthe remainder of the year.

That is win win for the team they save I'd guess about 1 million or more in the give back. So instead of 5 mil for the year they have an insurance policy that cost them about a million, setting on the shelf as a spare part in case someone else goes down.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #82
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I think the people calling DJ the best "pure LB" on the team are using the following definition of "Pure LB";

The "Pure LB" looks the part and was highly touted coming out of High School. He looks like an athlete, but lacks the necessary mental skills to be effective rushing the passer or dropping into coverage. He can occassionally find the football and make a play when unblocked and the play comes directly to him. The pure LB also has no interest in being a leader, or "field general" as that sort of thing is outside the Pure LBs Purview. The only requirement of the Pure LB is that he be athletic; actual playmaking ability, ability to read offenses, and leadership ability should not be considered.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #83
swaiy

Is "nuthugger" a new word for the older folks around here?
Old 11-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #84
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Fox has been nothing but positive about DJ's talent and production since he took over the HC position here. I'll defer to his expertise, especially with JDR's input. I'm going to be watching closely this week to see if they come out with more 3-4 looks getting WW and DJ on the field at the same time. It could go a ways to shoring up the middle of the field against teams like the Pats. I'm looking forward to seeing how our Defensive Braintrust integrates DJ into the lineup. Should be fun to watch.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #85
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I think the people calling DJ the best "pure LB" on the team are using the following definition of "Pure LB";

The "Pure LB" looks the part and was highly touted coming out of High School. He looks like an athlete, but lacks the necessary mental skills to be effective rushing the passer or dropping into coverage. He can occassionally find the football and make a play when unblocked and the play comes directly to him. The pure LB also has no interest in being a leader, or "field general" as that sort of thing is outside the Pure LBs Purview. The only requirement of the Pure LB is that he be athletic; actual playmaking ability, ability to read offenses, and leadership ability should not be considered.
Yesterday I found out garbage time stats now include first half stats when the other team is leading because we ended up winning the game. The mane has funny way of viewing things.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #86
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Fox has been nothing but positive about DJ's talent and production since he took over the HC position here. I'll defer to his expertise, especially with JDR's input. I'm going to be watching closely this week to see if they come out with more 3-4 looks getting WW and DJ on the field at the same time. It could go a ways to shoring up the middle of the field against teams like the Pats. I'm looking forward to seeing how our Defensive Braintrust integrates DJ into the lineup. Should be fun to watch.
They should definitely revamp the entire lineup (that's playing the best defense Denver has seen in decades) to get the sot on the field.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #87
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Bad Sign for us....DJ should never be allowed to play for Broncos.
Will not be surprised if we start losing games now.
Then you can finally be happy?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #88
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Well really the only thing I see being debated is can JDR get the most out of DJ. For some reason it is just flat out unacceptable to think that an above average LB as most will call DJ can make an impact over a undersized rookie or a really old vet in some packages.
Let see undersized rookie.
6-1 232 not exactly a shrimp for example 10 pounds less than super stud, 3 pounds more than WW. 8 pounds less than Brooking.

DT has 19 tackles, 1 sack , 2 passes defensed unlimited time on the field.

Can DJ make an impact maybe but I doubt it would be worth taking a promising rookie off the field who looks like tHe future opposed to a player that will be gone next year.

As for brooking the same time he started is when this D really hit is stride.

Do you really think DJ is that much an upgrade knowing that it would be a disruption of existing mojo of the team.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #89
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Is Von Miller not a pure LB?

Because people saying DJ is the best pure LB must mean Von Miller isn't a pure LB, despite the fact that's the position that he plays.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #90
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post

That defines DJ to a T.

Myself I want. A real leader that can think and articulate any changes that need to be made prior to the snap.

Someone that has potential for growth, being a part of the team for a very long time. That is not DJ.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #91
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Fox is the master of coach speak.

Since neither Fox or JDR are not anything but master 4-3 coaches that last comment is funny at best.
Also knowing that we really do not have any. 3-4 bonafide DL guys that adds to the sillyness.

Why does everyone want to reinvent the wheel mid stream when the team is playing lights out.

Some people's kids.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #92
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Folks, it's Wednesday, he'll probably get a DUI between now and Sunday.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #93
Agamemnon

Brooking is a major part of the overall improvement of this defense. He's not a great athlete anymore, but he knows where to be and knows what calls to make from the Mike. If they put DJ in there over Brooking I suspect it's going to hurt us.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #94
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Well, aside from me floating the idea of him playing the mike a few weeks ago, let me play devil's advocate on this.

1. The team could be legitimately pissed and wants to set an example.
2. Team chemistry: Fox is old school and comes from the mind set of "go to war with the team you came out of camp with." Also he could not want to "fix" what clearly isn't broken.
3. They are playing pretty well without him.

I think he'll play, though. When you look at how tight ends have killed us, his athleticism can help there.
I know your just playing Devil's advocate but this chemistry crap is overblown. Players have come out in support of DJ for a long time.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #95
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Let me also say im not trying to fix what isnt broken... Our is D is playing lights out.

But that logic is also along the lines of thinking that we cant get better. If the team can work DJ in and get him into playing shape and comfortable, I find is hard to believe he cant help us more than Brooking is...
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #96
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
I know your just playing Devil's advocate but this chemistry crap is overblown. Players have come out in support of DJ for a long time.
I'm guessing you never played a team sport from that chmesitry comment.

As for players supporting him. What do you expect them to do through him under the bus.

I'm guessing that they know Elway, Fox and JDR would frown at that. This group of players that they have put together are smarter than what we have had in the past.

I'd also guess that word was passed not to bad mouth him in the press, they are looking for zero issues for dissent at this stage of the season especially how well it is going.

Also guessing that Manning laid down the law.

Plus the old adage if you do not have something good to say say nothing at all applies in the locker room.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #97
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Is Von Miller not a pure LB?

Because people saying DJ is the best pure LB must mean Von Miller isn't a pure LB, despite the fact that's the position that he plays.
Von Miller is 30% linebacker
50% defensive end
10% Michael Flatley
5% Zeus
3% Steve Urkel
and 2% butterscotch ripple.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #98
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I'm guessing you never played a team sport from that chmesitry comment.
Well...you guessed wrong, peabrain.

Quote:
As for players supporting him. What do you expect them to do through him under the bus.

I'm guessing that they know Elway, Fox and JDR would frown at that. This group of players that they have put together are smarter than what we have had in the past.

I'd also guess that word was passed not to bad mouth him in the press, they are looking for zero issues for dissent at this stage of the season especially how well it is going.

Also guessing that Manning laid down the law.

Plus the old adage if you do not have something good to say say nothing at all applies in the locker room.
You do a lot of guessing, but the fact is DJ Williams has been a Bronco for a very long time and the Broncos have held on to him despite his mistakes. That speaks for itself. Everyone in the org speaks highly of DJ Williams, and in a recent interview that DJ did, he speaks highly of the organization even mentioning "Fred" who is an employee of the Broncos that helps around with whatever is needed.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #99
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Von Miller is 30% linebacker
50% defensive end
10% Michael Flatley
5% Zeus
3% Steve Urkel
and 2% butterscotch ripple.
Try half man, half bear, half pig.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #100
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Well...you guessed wrong, peabrain.

You do a lot of guessing, but the fact is DJ Williams has been a Bronco for a very long time and the Broncos have held on to him despite his mistakes. That speaks for itself. Everyone in the org speaks highly of DJ Williams, and in a recent interview that DJ did, he speaks highly of the organization even mentioning "Fred" who is an employee of the Broncos that helps around with whatever is needed.

....collecting dog pee and such.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote