The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #376
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
At this point the only people who think he is a qb are the Tebow cultists and those who don't understand professional football

Everyone, including his own teammates, understand what he is and more importantly what he is not
But, but, but... HE BEAT THE STEELERS IN THE PLAYOFFS!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #377
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

I wonder when the Jets are going realize that Sanchez isn't the answer either......at this point they should start Tebow and ****can both of them after the season.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #378
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I wonder when the Jets are going realize that Sanchez isn't the answer either......at this point they should start Tebow and ****can both of them after the season.
They're not starting him so they CAN ****can both. If they start him and win some games, well... they better land Tom Brady in FA to get out from under that spotlight.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #379
Drunken.Broncoholic

Why not try McElroy? He's the only one who actually scored a TD for them all preseason. You got dumb and dumber, then McElroy
Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #380
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
They're not starting him so they CAN ****can both. If they start him and win some games, well... they better land Tom Brady in FA to get out from under that spotlight.
that makes some sense. But I think these guys (NFL coaches) want to win so bad that they will try anything.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #381
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Why not try McElroy? He's the only one who actually scored a TD for them all preseason. You got dumb and dumber, then McElroy
And then to top it all off, you have Ryan as coach, yikes!
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #382
DENVERDUI55

[IQUOTE=bronco militia;3726184]I wonder when the Jets are going realize that Sanchez isn't the answer either......at this point they should start Tebow and ****can both of them after the season.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they would can him but the guys behind him aren't showing them anything. Tebow is about to start his bounce around the league
Old 11-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #383
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Asked about the Jets’ two backup quarterbacks, Tebow and Greg McElroy, Slauson said the Jets really only have one other quarterback.

“We have Greg . . . and we have an athlete,” Slauson said.

According to the Daily News story, there is no quarterback controversy with the Jets because there is no one in the Jets’ locker room who believes Tebow deserves to start.

“Hell, no!” one starter said. “You got to keep defenses honest. You just can’t line up in the Wildcat all the time. That won’t work.”

Said another teammate, “We can’t win running that sh–.”

__________________________________________________ _____________

I think the Jets are still pissed they got beat by Tebow. Jets are not doing anything with Sanchez yet are playing down Tebow as worse. How so?
Tebow isn't the answer for a Super Bowl but he would probably get the Jets a few more wins.

Saw the Rex Ryan conference on ESPN and Ryan was bragging about his punting with net yards....! Congrats on that one. The punter has had a ton of practice this season.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #384
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
that makes some sense. But I think these guys (NFL coaches) want to win so bad that they will try anything.
Fox did. And it worked.

Rex? I guess not.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #385
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
That would be funny if that happened. Because if Ryan got fired that would men that not only would Tebow be a coach killer he takes his QB friends down with him. Look at Orton and Brady Quinn. Let the circus continue. Can someone put up a clip of Maximus quote "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!"

Last edited by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun; 11-14-2012 at 10:59 AM..
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #386
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

lol at the fact that everyone thought the Broncos oline was so bad last year when in fact it did a heck of a job blocking for TT. I don't know how good the Jets' oline is but if the jay-eee-tee-ess jets jets jets go Tebow, the oline better be pretty good.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #387
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
lol at the fact that everyone thought the Broncos oline was so bad last year when in fact it did a heck of a job blocking for TT. I don't know how good the Jets' oline is but if the jay-eee-tee-ess jets jets jets go Tebow, the oline better be pretty good.
While there's obviously a dramatic improvement in release and pocket time, presnap reads and protection adjustments, to be fair, the QB change has no impact on making contact at the LOS or actually making downfield blocks.

I feel like Clady and Franklin have both benefitted DRAMATICALLY by the change

...but some of these guys (Beadles, especially, and Koppen > Walton) have just gotten way better.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #388
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
While there's obviously a dramatic improvement in release and pocket time, presnap reads and protection adjustments, to be fair, the QB change has no impact on making contact at the LOS or actually making downfield blocks.

I feel like Clady and Franklin have both benefitted DRAMATICALLY by the change

...but some of these guys (Beadles, especially, and Koppen > Walton) have just gotten way better.
That is where I'm at, times about ten. I had absolutely no faith in our OL coming into this season. I honestly felt like Manning had no chance of staying healthy this season. Clady and Franklin played like we knew they could, the other guys better than we could have hoped, IMO.

Couldn't be happier to be more wrong.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #389
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
That is where I'm at, times about ten. I had absolutely no faith in our OL coming into this season. I honestly felt like Manning had no chance of staying healthy this season. Clady and Franklin played like we knew they could, the other guys better than we could have hoped, IMO.

Couldn't be happier to be more wrong.
I knew Manning would make the line better since his lines were bad as a Colt. That being said I only thought that if he was Manning of old and was concerned about Beadles and Walton. Beadles has improved dramatically and I am not so sure Koppen isn't big upgrade. OL pass protecting has been major strength. It's all due to young guys playing another year and QB issues that REV pointed to.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #390
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Of course Manning makes the oline better, that goes without saying. It's the reason Clady is holding out on signing a new contract. However, the oline was never that bad to begin with, that was my point. Yes, TT got sacked a lot but that was on TT, not the oline. The oline still managed to block great for the run game and every defense in the league knew the Broncos were going to run on first down.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #391
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Plan A Bittches!!!!!!!

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #392
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Of course Manning makes the oline better, that goes without saying. It's the reason Clady is holding out on signing a new contract. However, the oline was never that bad to begin with, that was my point. Yes, TT got sacked a lot but that was on TT, not the oline. The oline still managed to block great for the run game and every defense in the league knew the Broncos were going to run on first down.
Some were on Tebow, when he was hesitating to pull the trigger. I feel a lot was the fact that the defenses didn't fear the pass at all and just attacked the line of scrimmage all day. That would be a side effect of Tebow, but not entirely his fault.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #393
JakeZ01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You got half the team saying he's complete garbage, and someone actually says starting him is a win win?
yeah.. it's just like last year. All those idiots thought he would take over our 1-4 team and win games. lol. what retards.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #394
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Of course Manning makes the oline better, that goes without saying.
Yup. Indy's O-line dramatically regressed without Manning last year, just as ours has radically progressed with him this year. No need to overcomplicate things. PMFM makes almost everyone around him better.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #395
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Some were on Tebow, when he was hesitating to pull the trigger. I feel a lot was the fact that the defenses didn't fear the pass at all and just attacked the line of scrimmage all day. That would be a side effect of Tebow, but not entirely his fault.
You can't have it both ways. If defenses were stacked to stop the run and they did not fear the pass, then that automatically, by default, opens up the passing game. Defenses did not fear the passing game at all and Pittsburgh paid dearly for it in the playoffs (credit to TT on that play). However, if defenses were set up to stop the run, TT should have been able to connect better in the passing game, period. There's no getting around this. So, in fact, yes, those TT sacks were primarily on TT because the man simply could not throw the ball with any confidence.

Also, towards the end of the season, especially after the NE game, TT was fall all intents and purposes, shell shocked about turning the ball over. This too hampered his ability to pass the ball effectively.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #396
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeZ01 View Post
yeah.. it's just like last year. All those idiots thought he would take over our 1-4 team and win games. lol. what retards.
Ya who would've thought Phillip rivers had to bail him out....my point was that starting him would upset half the team. Where's the win in that?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #397
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I knew Manning would make the line better since his lines were bad as a Colt. That being said I only thought that if he was Manning of old and was concerned about Beadles and Walton. Beadles has improved dramatically and I am not so sure Koppen isn't big upgrade. OL pass protecting has been major strength. It's all due to young guys playing another year and QB issues that REV pointed to.
Manning is nowhere near as mobile as Tebow, but he moves in the pocket with so much poise and feel for where the pressure is compared to almost all other QBs. Look at the game against Carolina, they had a bunch of pressure on him but he was able to move around the pocket, step up or run out of the pocket to get away. Tebow for all his mobility and athletic ability didn't have a feel for the rush and wasn't nearly as effective moving in the pocket to keep the rush away.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #398
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
The OL never knew what the hell he was going to do or when. Yes, it was on Tebow. Same goes for the WR's, they didn't know where or when or if he was going to throw it. THANK YOU ELWAY!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #399
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Face it...if Tebow didn't run as well as he has, he'd already be be out of the league
errand is offline   Reply With Quote