The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #51
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
The thing that really indicates the job he is doing is that none of the Defensive players are under performing including the backups. The rankings are helped some since the offense helping with time of possession, field position, and having a lead in the game.
Agree with the theme of your post and the rest of the points, but having a sizeable lead in games hurts your ranking rather than aid it.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #52
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

There's a looooong way to go still. 6-3 doesn't mean jackcrap.
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #53
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think next to Manning JDR was the best off season move the Broncos made,
I agree wholeheartedly, and this is a testament to Fox really. Fox has built a heck of a staff that seems to get the most out of players, young and old alike. I.e. Franklin, Wolfe, Brooking, Stokely, etc.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #54
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

If they can stay healthy, some of those defensive stats could improve.

Win % of teams remaining:

Chargers: .444
Chiefs: .111
Bucs: .556
Raiders: .333
Ravens: .778
Browns: .222
Chiefs: .111
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #55
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Even in our losses, JDR has done a phenomenal job of making second half adjustments to put our defense in position to makes plays and bury other teams. Hope he sticks around for a while. We need some longevitity and consistency at the position. I don't think there has been another team in the league who has played defensive coordinator carousel as much as we have for the past decade.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #56
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Even in our losses, JDR has done a phenomenal job of making second half adjustments to put our defense in position to makes plays and bury other teams. Hope he sticks around for a while. We need some longevitity and consistency at the position. I don't think there has been another team in the league who has played defensive coordinator carousel as much as we have for the past decade.
Absolutely agree.

I love the suspense that I get going into the second half of games, because I can't wait to see what Jacks gonna do.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #57
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I think JDR finally has the players and it has taken a while to let the scheme sink in, get back up to speed calling plays (which he had not done for a long time), and trying to make adjustments outside of the gameplanning phase.

Remember, he drafted the HELL out of the DL in JAX in order to get after one Peyton Manning with very little success. He did get some very good DT's, but he never, ever had the pass rush duo he inherited in DEN.

Also, he has had the benefit of sitting down With Peyton Manning and discussing how other teams attacked his defenses in Jax and what they thought were the weaknesses they could attack. I know Coyer said that he was able to do that when he was here in INDY and Peyton and he compared notes on how to attack teams. Coyers defense in INDY the year they went to the SB and were undefeated until Polian pulled the plug against the Jets was downright nasty and extremely similar to the Defense DEN uses right now after getting a midseason evaluation. The only real difference was INDY was more susceptible versus the interior running game with poor DT talent. DEN has done much better there this year.

So, give Del Rio mad props for building this defense in a gradual learning mode and slowly working out the kinks. He has done it right and gotten excellent results. As we approach the third mini season, we will see just how good the players are at executing the scheme and winning one on one battles. If they continue to improve and look as good as they have the last few weeks, we will definitely know the talent is there to make a deep playoff run and will be very solid for years to come.

I think they will continue to make strides and especially against some weak sauce offenses coming up. However, I still think the middle of the defense has to make some major strides in coverage to be a great defense capable of playoff dramatics. We shall see.....
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #58
Bronco Yoda

'He' has done a great job of coaching this year. I shant not even whisper his name out loud as to arouse the pigskin gods of our Defensive good fortune. Yes, I'm getting paranoid about our rotating coaching every year.

He who's name shall not be said out loud is doing one hell of a job coaching!
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #59
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I think JDR finally has the players and it has taken a while to let the scheme sink in, get back up to speed calling plays (which he had not done for a long time), and trying to make adjustments outside of the gameplanning phase.

Remember, he drafted the HELL out of the DL in JAX in order to get after one Peyton Manning with very little success. He did get some very good DT's, but he never, ever had the pass rush duo he inherited in DEN.

Also, he has had the benefit of sitting down With Peyton Manning and discussing how other teams attacked his defenses in Jax and what they thought were the weaknesses they could attack. I know Coyer said that he was able to do that when he was here in INDY and Peyton and he compared notes on how to attack teams. Coyers defense in INDY the year they went to the SB and were undefeated until Polian pulled the plug against the Jets was downright nasty and extremely similar to the Defense DEN uses right now after getting a midseason evaluation. The only real difference was INDY was more susceptible versus the interior running game with poor DT talent. DEN has done much better there this year.

So, give Del Rio mad props for building this defense in a gradual learning mode and slowly working out the kinks. He has done it right and gotten excellent results. As we approach the third mini season, we will see just how good the players are at executing the scheme and winning one on one battles. If they continue to improve and look as good as they have the last few weeks, we will definitely know the talent is there to make a deep playoff run and will be very solid for years to come.

I think they will continue to make strides and especially against some weak sauce offenses coming up. However, I still think the middle of the defense has to make some major strides in coverage to be a great defense capable of playoff dramatics. We shall see.....
Do you think DJ will help significantly with that.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote