The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 02:11 AM   #51
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

my question to you is why youre infatuated with a guy we gave a flyer on at mlb and who fell into the job because mays sucked and everyone already knows he does . djs been a 8 year starter here yet you give the edge to brooking. it just doesnt compute where along the line did u give up on dj. EVERYONE is playing better the contract thing doesnt mean anything people restructure all the time across the nfl that doesnt mean anything really.

at this point we're not getting anywhere with this argument im willing to say if dj steps in and doesnt do **** ill pony up and admit im wrong but i honestly dont think i will be . i just hope ull showface and admit if youre wrong .
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:35 AM   #52
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
my question to you is why youre infatuated with a guy we gave a flyer on at mlb and who fell into the job because mays sucked and everyone already knows he does . djs been a 8 year starter here yet you give the edge to brooking. it just doesnt compute where along the line did u give up on dj. EVERYONE is playing better the contract thing doesnt mean anything people restructure all the time across the nfl that doesnt mean anything really.

at this point we're not getting anywhere with this argument im willing to say if dj steps in and doesnt do **** ill pony up and admit im wrong but i honestly dont think i will be . i just hope ull showface and admit if youre wrong .
I gave up on Dj a few years ago when I started watching his play. Rarely a stop with no gain and many after the first down was made.

Yes his stats were great for tackles. Then I started watching WW thinking he was to small to play LB. yet his numbers were as good or better than DJs were based on the playing time they both got.

Last year WWs numbers were better than DJs were starting 6 less games than DJ did. Except sacks DJ was better. Not sure if that is because he was not asked to blitz or what. But this year WWs numbers are among the top ten in almost every meaningfully stats.

Now could Dj have done as well I have no clue but since he flaked out on his teams this year by being a dumb ass I frankly do not care.

Why would anyone want to trade that out?

No one that is not a nut hugger would ..

Now as for MLB same thing applies. DJ was unale to perform his duties as MLB the last time other than make tackles again any if nit most for gains not losses.
They took making calls away form him because he was unable to do it.

brooking is a short term rental but is playing extremely well so why do you mess with that experienced teamwork..

It is not logical to make changes because someone that has not stepped on the field this year is now able to do so, when they have been playing lights out without him.

While you and everyone is convinced he is so valuable how can they not play him.

It will probably IMO be somewhere in the middle but mind my words he will not be on this team next year without taking a HUGE reduction in pay probably somewhere near 5 mil less.

He simply is not in a johns along term plans. IMHO
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #53
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,087
Default

I like how you think the end-all be-all defining trait of a linebacker is his proclivity to make a tackle for a loss. DJ is excellent sideline to sideline, he's not going to blow up a play too often primarily because that is not what he is asked to do.

And why do you keep bringing up next year? We're a super bowl contender, I don't give a **** about next year. "Next year" is also probably not a great point to bring up when the player DJ will primarily replace happens to be a 37 year old playing on a one year contract. Call me crazy.

Last edited by extralife; 11-14-2012 at 02:49 AM..
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:12 AM   #54
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,604

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default

Nice i can dig this, big up to Woodyard for stepping up seems like he got the WILL locked up.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 AM   #55
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I gave up on Dj a few years ago when I started watching his play. Rarely a stop with no gain and many after the first down was made.

Yes his stats were great for tackles. Then I started watching WW thinking he was to small to play LB. yet his numbers were as good or better than DJs were based on the playing time they both got.

Last year WWs numbers were better than DJs were starting 6 less games than DJ did. Except sacks DJ was better. Not sure if that is because he was not asked to blitz or what. But this year WWs numbers are among the top ten in almost every meaningfully stats.

Now could Dj have done as well I have no clue but since he flaked out on his teams this year by being a dumb ass I frankly do not care.

Why would anyone want to trade that out?

No one that is not a nut hugger would ..

Now as for MLB same thing applies. DJ was unale to perform his duties as MLB the last time other than make tackles again any if nit most for gains not losses.
They took making calls away form him because he was unable to do it.

brooking is a short term rental but is playing extremely well so why do you mess with that experienced teamwork..

It is not logical to make changes because someone that has not stepped on the field this year is now able to do so, when they have been playing lights out without him.

While you and everyone is convinced he is so valuable how can they not play him.

It will probably IMO be somewhere in the middle but mind my words he will not be on this team next year without taking a HUGE reduction in pay probably somewhere near 5 mil less.

He simply is not in a johns along term plans. IMHO


For all the reasons above he will be playing this weekend......yada..yad....yad...I hate unions..............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:31 AM   #56
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I gave up on Dj a few years ago when I started watching his play. Rarely a stop with no gain and many after the first down was made.

Yes his stats were great for tackles. Then I started watching WW thinking he was to small to play LB. yet his numbers were as good or better than DJs were based on the playing time they both got.

Last year WWs numbers were better than DJs were starting 6 less games than DJ did. Except sacks DJ was better. Not sure if that is because he was not asked to blitz or what. But this year WWs numbers are among the top ten in almost every meaningfully stats.

Now could Dj have done as well I have no clue but since he flaked out on his teams this year by being a dumb ass I frankly do not care.

Why would anyone want to trade that out?

No one that is not a nut hugger would ..

Now as for MLB same thing applies. DJ was unale to perform his duties as MLB the last time other than make tackles again any if nit most for gains not losses.
They took making calls away form him because he was unable to do it.

brooking is a short term rental but is playing extremely well so why do you mess with that experienced teamwork..

It is not logical to make changes because someone that has not stepped on the field this year is now able to do so, when they have been playing lights out without him.

While you and everyone is convinced he is so valuable how can they not play him.

It will probably IMO be somewhere in the middle but mind my words he will not be on this team next year without taking a HUGE reduction in pay probably somewhere near 5 mil less.

He simply is not in a johns along term plans. IMHO
Fewer.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:35 AM   #57
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I like how you think the end-all be-all defining trait of a linebacker is his proclivity to make a tackle for a loss. DJ is excellent sideline to sideline, he's not going to blow up a play too often primarily because that is not what he is asked to do.

And why do you keep bringing up next year? We're a super bowl contender, I don't give a **** about next year. "Next year" is also probably not a great point to bring up when the player DJ will primarily replace happens to be a 37 year old playing on a one year contract. Call me crazy.
Also, one thing no one has noted from what I've read... The defenses he was playing on weren't really blowing anyone up for that matter... It seems like Fox is able to get an extra gear out of all of his players, I don't see why the same wouldn't be true for DJ.

However, I'm also in the Not Broke Don't Fix It mind of thinking too. Let DJ play in passing downs, or to give our LB's a breather. No reason to put him in heavily until he proves he can grasp the system and perform as well (or better) than Brooking.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:48 AM   #58
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Chris Harris sets the rosters?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:50 AM   #59
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,604

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Chris Harris sets the rosters?
Lol yea I think he does
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #60
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,770

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

What have I learned from this thread?

Someone is keenly obsessed with hugging nuts. I mean, he is really obsessed. Everyone watch your nuts, because one of our posters here certainly is...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #61
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

If Chris Harris said DJ wasnt playing, the lot of you would be more than willing to accept him as a source lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #62
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
For all the reasons above he will be playing this weekend......yada..yad....yad...I hate unions..............
You must be a union worker. Bunch enablers. Every union guy i ever met laughs, he dont have to do **** and gets a fat salary. Their the fat people in the working world.

Oh and welcome back dj,screw your head on.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #63
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Bad Sign for us....DJ should never be allowed to play for Broncos.
Will not be surprised if we start losing games now.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #64
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Good grief all this squabbling over nothing. Harris only speculated on which position DJ will play if he plays. He's not "replacing" Brooking or immediately taking over the position as a starter. Don't expect him to start, but expect him to get some limited snaps. If he shows to be an upgrade over Brooking over the next couple of weeks maybe he's our starter down the stretch. That's what everybody should be hoping for.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #65
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
He was relieved of making play calls back in 07 when he was playing MLB because he is dumber than a post was not able to relay in the calls from the sideline and if it was a bad call totally unable to make the adjustment out of it.
You keep mentioning this but I don't remember it at all. Can anyone else confirm or do you have a link? Not saying it didn't happen, just would like to know more.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #66
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach
 
Denver Bronco56's Avatar
 
The Greatest

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 226
Default

I loved DJ coming out of college, getting a great athlete from the U. He was a very good player at WLB, and behind Sean Taylor and Vilma for DROY.

Then the carosel of cordinators started and I dont care how good any player is, if you are learning a new system each year and the team is filled with subpar players such as Lenny Walls, Kelly Herndon, all of the Browncos ... He was never a me first guy and played WLB, SLB, MLB, the joker spot in Nolan's D.

The dude is a very solid LB and very Athletic. People want to discredit him and his play over the years, but then praise Woodyard's this year.

The difference is Woodyard is playing in Del Rio's D that has transformed players such as Moore, Vickerson, Ayers and woodyard to good players... Williams in a Del Rio system could actually be the player he was supposed to be when we drafted him and saw flashes in certain systems over the years, i feel Del Rio runs a system that focuses on the LB...

I mean Miller who was a rush specialist last year, has appeared to be a very complete LB this year. I cant wait to see how Williams looks
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #67
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,107

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

It's like some of you guys don't trust Jack Del Rio and John Fox to do what is best for the team.

If they think the Deej is ready to go, I'll defer to their judgement here.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #68
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer
 
SleepingTiger's Avatar
 
Ole J

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murphy TX
Posts: 1,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Just as tebow was seen by John as Joshes mistake and he got rid of him.
IMO John sees DJ as Mikey's mistake and will get rid of him ASAP.

It is clear from everything John has done to upgrade this team, which means smart, fast, former team captains with spotless backgrounds and team players they are moving away from those cretins mikey went out and got.

That is how I see it. IMO had Mays not went down to IR they would have cut or traded DJ already.

Now he is insurance, cheap at that.
according to your logic, why didn't they cut/trade DJ at the beginning of the season. Mays went on IR 2 weeks ago, not at the beginning of the season.

The Broncos knew about his upcoming suspension and could of cut him before the season started. Why not go after Demaco Ryans (sp??)? Why not draft a LB in 2nd, 3rd round? You're freaking nuts to think the only value EFX sees in DJ is a insurance policy.


If DJ is such a horrible/bad person and performance on the field is the worst of all our LB as you say, DJ would be long gone. No team holds on to a player knowing in the offseason that the player would be suspended 6 games (later to be 9 games) only as a insurance policy. Your theory doesn't add up.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #69
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,391

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Good grief all this squabbling over nothing. Harris only speculated on which position DJ will play if he plays. He's not "replacing" Brooking or immediately taking over the position as a starter. Don't expect him to start, but expect him to get some limited snaps. If he shows to be an upgrade over Brooking over the next couple of weeks maybe he's our starter down the stretch. That's what everybody should be hoping for.
This. And if so very obvious I don't understand why it's being debated.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #70
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

I heard on the light rail that Chris Harris and our very own fwf share the same "source."
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #71
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
This. And if so very obvious I don't understand why it's being debated.
Well really the only thing I see being debated is can JDR get the most out of DJ. For some reason it is just flat out unacceptable to think that an above average LB as most will call DJ can make an impact over a undersized rookie or a really old vet in some packages.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #72
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,391

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I heard on the light rail that Chris Harris and our very own fwf share the same "source."
Chris knows Fred
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #73
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,391

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Well really the only thing I see being debated is can JDR get the most out of DJ. For some reason it is just flat out unacceptable to think that an above average LB as most will call DJ can make an impact over a undersized rookie or a really old vet in some packages.
Crazy talk DB4L
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #74
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Welcome back, DJ Williams.
From Da La Salle (what you know about Keak da Sneak), to the U to the Denver Broncos.


HATERS GONNA HATE!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #75
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Chris Harris sets the rosters?
Was thinking the same thing. Must be his cousin or something.

These DJ nut huggers will believe anything that is said, in this case tweeted about him. that is how desperate they are for news of any sort.

Last edited by lonestar; 11-14-2012 at 11:36 AM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:00 AM.


Denver Broncos