The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #26
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Did I mention he had to take a cut in pay just to come back to teh team this year?

Yep sounds like they really value him..

Sounds to me like showcasing him for trade value..

I speculate your full of chit as well.................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #27
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Ya the best way to do that is to highly publicize a pay cut for the guy you want to trade. Brilliant reasoning

better than thinking they really want to keep him.. by forcing him to take a pay cut to come back..

try this one on for size..

Quote:
de·lu·sion·al
  [dih-loo-zhuh-nl] Show IPA
adjective
1. having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #28
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:
all the while being listed as #3 on the WLB depth chart..

sounds like a Wild Assed Guess to me..

Code:
 Unit:
POS 	First 	Second 	Third 	Other
LDE 	Derek Wolfe 	Malik Jackson 		
DT 	Kevin Vickersn 	Sealver Siliga 		
NT 	Justin Bannan 	Mitch Unrein 		
RDE 	Elvis Dumervil 	Robert Ayers 		
SLB 	Von Miller 	Nate Irving 		
MLB 	Keith Brooking 	Steven Johnson 		
WLB 	Wesley Woodyard Danny Trevathan 	D.J. Williams 	
LCB 	Champ Bailey 	Chris Harris 		
RCB 	Tracy Porter 	Tony Carter 	Omar Bolden 	
SS 	Mike Adams 	David Bruton 		
FS 	Rahim Moore 	Jim Leonhard
The depth chart on the team website is the gospel.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #29
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
better than thinking they really want to keep him.. by forcing him to take a pay cut to come back..

try this one on for size..

All I ever said is they will use him this year. I realize I have only said that about 26 times. How mny more times do I need to say that to reach you there in West Texas?

they will use him this year after that who knows and who cares?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #30
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
The depth chart on the team website is the gospel.
actually more than the nut huggers have to go on..
Old 11-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #31
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
All I ever said is they will use him this year. I realize I have only said that about 26 times. How mny more times do I need to say that to reach you there in West Texas?

they will use him this year after that who knows and who cares?
yet you seem not to hear what I have said.. if they do he is gonzo at the EOY..

let me add unlike the nut huggers who think he will be starting and is the best LB we have..

they hope for change .. must be democrats thinking something will be different this time..
Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #32
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
yet you seem not to hear what I have said.. if they do he is gonzo at the EOY..

let me add unlike the nut huggers who think he will be starting and is the best LB we have..

they hope for change .. must be democrats thinking something will be different this time..
ONE MORE TIME FOR YA - I DON'T GIVE A SHIIT ABOUT NEXT YEAR WE ARE IN THE MIST OF A SUPER BOWL RUN AND IF DJ WILLIAMS CA HELP WITH THAT THEN GREAT
Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #33
g6matty

you guys are ****ing unbeleivable dj has been nothing but solid his entire career here in denver last year he stepped up huge so we could beat the dolphins and had a lot of big moments in key situations to help put us over the top last year. with the entire defense stepping up from top to bottom what makes u think the coaching staff cant maximize his talents like they are doing with everyone else . whos to say dj wont finally live up to expectations starting this year

you guys are naive and morons hes not trade bait hes not getting cut he took a pay cut because broncos new he was going to miss 6 games and they needed that money else where. dj is here to stay and i hope he retires a bronco. get use to him amd lets hope he steps up for us like he always has
Old 11-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #34
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
you guys are ****ing unbeleivable dj has been nothing but solid his entire career here in denver last year he stepped up huge so we could beat the dolphins and had a lot of big moments in key situations to help put us over the top last year. with the entire defense stepping up from top to bottom what makes u think the coaching staff cant maximize his talents like they are doing with everyone else . whos to say dj wont finally live up to expectations starting this year

you guys are naive and morons hes not trade bait hes not getting cut he took a pay cut because broncos new he was going to miss 6 games and they needed that money else where. dj is here to stay and i hope he retires a bronco. get use to him amd lets hope he steps up for us like he always has

nut hugger .
Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #35
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
ONE MORE TIME FOR YA - I DON'T GIVE A SHIIT ABOUT NEXT YEAR WE ARE IN THE MIST OF A SUPER BOWL RUN AND IF DJ WILLIAMS CA HELP WITH THAT THEN GREAT
other than a spare part he will be of little help..
Old 11-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #36
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
other than a spare part he will be of little help..
Thanks for clearing that up for me - guess I can leave this thread now at peace with your assurances.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #37
g6matty

keep laughing dbag if he was going anywhere theyd have cut him by now. why cant u embrace the fact our linebackers are all talented and the team is better as a whole with dj on the feild. its almost as if were picking up two mid season free agents if porter ever comes back. our d is playing so good and its missing 4 contributors is jason hunter porter dj and carter at safety. were trending up and im fired up to see dj flying around this weekend against syphillis rivers
Old 11-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #38
g6matty

dj was a defensive captain and the play caller he plays with fire and passion hes a leader i cant wait till he shines he needs to shut every on this board up . i dont get how someone can hate a lifelong bronco that plays his heart out i really dont get it
Old 11-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #39
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Just put the troll on iggy or stop quoting him please
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #40
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Edit
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #41
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Surely he wont be anywhere near gameshape. I seriously doubt he'll get too many reps in those first couple of games.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #42
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Very exciting to get a talented, proven, veteran player back on the field. I have no idea why anyone would find this a negative thing.

Now we just need that RB...

Last edited by SportinOne; 11-13-2012 at 11:59 PM..
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #43
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Not shocking. He's the best pure linebacker on the roster.
Careful, you'll be accused of having a man crush on DJ and others will say you need to wipe your chin off, lol.

Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds. I think in this defense, he has a really good chance to be very productive.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #44
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Surely he wont be anywhere near gameshape. I seriously doubt he'll get too many reps in those first couple of games.
Bah, I think players keep in much better shape all year round these days. I doubt conditioning will be any reason to limit his snaps. I think his reps will be more limited based on trial and error type of thing to see how fast he picks things up.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #45
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I expect he'll get maybe 10-20 snaps on Sunday. If he does well, he'll get more the following week, and so on.

No way he just becomes a starter immediately IMO, sends a terrible message to the rest of the players when the D has been doing well.

But if he goes out there and makes more of his snaps than Trevathan and Brooking do then nobody on the team will complain if he ends up being a starter in a few weeks. He's more talented than either of those two for sure, but he has to earn his spot in the lineup.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #46
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
keep laughing dbag if he was going anywhere theyd have cut him by now. why cant u embrace the fact our linebackers are all talented and the team is better as a whole with dj on the feild. its almost as if were picking up two mid season free agents if porter ever comes back. our d is playing so good and its missing 4 contributors is jason hunter porter dj and carter at safety. were trending up and im fired up to see dj flying around this weekend against syphillis rivers
Who are you going to pull off the field. Someone that has been playing lights out all year, to put in a moron that has not had the teams back this past ten weeks?

He ****ed up not once not twice not even three times but five, two DUIs, the ped/drug thing or he would not have been tested where the moron tried to use non human urine, then he was stupid enough to tweet his play book and lastly he sued the NFL.
Not what anyone other than a nut hugged would call a leader, smart or a team player.

Would I embrace him coming back without all that. Maybe but as much as you seem to think he is the greatest thing since Ray Lewis he has been beat out of his position this year as well as last year by WW.

Was he good at one time? Better than our other LBs sure but that does not mean a lot considering how bad they were.

Better than crap. Good way to look at it.

He was relieved of making play calls back in 07 when he was playing MLB because he is dumber than a post was not able to relay in the calls from the sideline and if it was a bad call totally unable to make the adjustment out of it.

Sorry but I just do not see why you have all this love for the guy. Mikey screwed us one more time by completely over paying him on the second contract. Something that Elway at least fixed for the rest of this season. By cutting his pay.

If Elway did that how much do you really think he values him.

Get over the bromance.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #47
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Bah, I think players keep in much better shape all year round these days. I doubt conditioning will be any reason to limit his snaps. I think his reps will be more limited based on trial and error type of thing to see how fast he picks things up.
There is being in shape and then there is game shape. Huge difference.

Why do you think there are so many hamstring pulls in TC because they are in shape?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #48
g6matty

lonestar i should have been more specific what i would like our starting lbs to be is miller dj and woodyard how can u make a case in any form that keith brooking is a better starter then dj on our team. look what happen to the saints when vilma got back on the feild the guy hasnt produced any stats whats so ever but theyre all playing better because their brother and leader is back on the feild. we can see a similar effect wen dj comes back.

so answering ur question id replace brooking with dj . if we ween him back in the line up to get him in game shape im fine with that. when we hit the playoffs we should be clickin on all cylinders with dj securly playing mlb . thats our best case scenario imo
Old 11-14-2012, 01:01 AM   #49
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
lonestar i should have been more specific what i would like our starting lbs to be is miller dj and woodyard how can u make a case in any form that keith brooking is a better starter then dj on our team. look what happen to the saints when vilma got back on the feild the guy hasnt produced any stats whats so ever but theyre all playing better because their brother and leader is back on the feild. we can see a similar effect wen dj comes back.

so answering ur question id replace brooking with dj . if we ween him back in the line up to get him in game shape im fine with that. when we hit the playoffs we should be clickin on all cylinders with dj securly playing mlb . thats our best case scenario imo
Dj is not Vilma. And I believe you are wrong. DJ has not shown the ability to consistently TFL, or tackle at the LOS. He is what is know as a drag down tackler. Which means positive yards on each play. Many for first downs in his career.
Brooking is just the opposite fills the hole and stops with sure tackling.

Nothing I have seen from the Broncos indicate he will take Brookings place as a starter.

Nothing but fans of us talking how great he is.

Again if John, Fox or JDR thought so much of him why the downgrade in money to stay on the team. To see if he is loyal?

He will see spot duty at best, and be used as a spare part in case something breaks IMHO. A cheap insurance policy.

I also suspect that the kiddie LBs we have will see more playing time the rest of the year to see if they are worth keeping or if we need to replace them in the draft or FA..

They already know what dumb ass can and can not do.

Last edited by lonestar; 11-14-2012 at 01:04 AM..
Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #50
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Just as tebow was seen by John as Joshes mistake and he got rid of him.
IMO John sees DJ as Mikey's mistake and will get rid of him ASAP.

It is clear from everything John has done to upgrade this team, which means smart, fast, former team captains with spotless backgrounds and team players they are moving away from those cretins mikey went out and got.

That is how I see it. IMO had Mays not went down to IR they would have cut or traded DJ already.

Now he is insurance, cheap at that.