The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Best Place to watch a game
The Stadium 38 41.76%
Sports Bar 8 8.79%
Man Cave with other fans 43 47.25%
Family room with wife and kids 17 18.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #51
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

I voted sportsbar, only because here in DC I have found a pretty legit fan club that gets together for every Broncos game at one particular bar. We do all of the chants that are done in the stadium and it really makes me feel like I belong to something. It's the only bright spot in this ****hole.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #52
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
I voted sportsbar, only because here in DC I have found a pretty legit fan club that gets together for every Broncos game at one particular bar. We do all of the chants that are done in the stadium and it really makes me feel like I belong to something. It's the only bright spot in this ****hole.

Do the chicks scream out El Guapo and throw their panties at you?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #53
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
get season tickets..sell half of them for a premium.. (preferably to Steeler Fans, etc..(this really pisses off the 'true' fan police)) Buy a huge TV with your profits for the games you sell, and the rest of your games are free...the next season you can skip the purchase of the TV, and buy more beer.
I think you vastly overestimate the value of entry level season tickets.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #54
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Would you say he had a Plethora of panties thrown?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #55
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

I dunno I am torn. When I can buy tickets to Broncos at Chiefs for 10 bucks what should I do ? LoL

Thanks Chiefs................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #56
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
I dunno I am torn. When I can buy tickets to Broncos at Chiefs for 10 bucks what should I do ? LoL

Thanks Chiefs................
Does this mean it won't be a flex game
Old 11-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #57
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Does this mean it won't be a flex game
never heard of them flexing an early game before..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #58
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
never heard of them flexing an early game before..
We need a smily for over his head....
Old 11-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #59
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
We need a smily for over his head....

That haven't made one for whats in his head...........
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:32 AM   #60
ol#7

I just had this conversation with co-workers the other day. I told them I had no regrets about giving up my season tix, because it was too expensive and too much of a PITA to go to 10 games a year anyway. If I want to go to a game, getting tickets on stubhub is not that difficult, and on top of that, the experience IS better at home. No snow, rain, cold, beer dumped down your back, exhorbiant parking fees, bad angles, no controversial replays shown, etc, etc. I still have a good time at a game, but it takes alot of effort to go, never mind the cost. Plus if I want to have a couple, no worries about how I am getting home, DUI checks, etc, etc.

Sportsbars are OK, but you can never hear anything. I used to like one that was over by Villa Italia, but that place closed. Jacksons Hole was OK too, but if you go there for an early game, you miss half the 2pm game before you get home.

Too many advantages to staying home, even if you have to buy the sunday ticket to get the games you want. Much better trade.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #61
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Got a friend who lives in Plano, and he tells me that the best place to watch the Broncos in Dallas is Sharky's bar and grill on corner of Preston Rd. and Summerside (17453 Preston Rd.)

It's located in a shopping center next to a Cowboy Chicken, and across the street from a La Hacienda depending on if you're coming from G. Bush Pkwy or 635, it's north of McCallum Blvd. and south of Frankford.

Broncos are on the big screen near pool tables and on big screen area in front of couches and tables...and there are like 15-20 Broncos fans there almost EVERY game.
Thanks, anyone near Dallas want to meet up this Sunday?
SleepingTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #62
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
I like watching games on my TV in my recliner, with my beer that is reasonably priced and a bathroom that doesn't smell like a urinal and my pick of food without standing in a line for 30 minutes to get it.

Call me crazy, but that sounds like an infinitely better time to me.
This is exactly where I am at. Plus, they have been starting to bring TSA to games, so soon you will get to add 'Not getting my nuts groped by a middle-aged man named Budkowski' to the list.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #63
milehighJC
Solid Starter

The poll is missing my option. Stadium, and TV

I have 2 seats for half the season, and as far as Im concerned, there is no better place to watch the game (even though the seats are in the upper deck).

BUT... when I get home from the game, I usually will watch the game again in the man cave - skipping the commercials and announcerbabble between plays. Takes a little over an hour to go over the game, watch the key plays again, and catch the things you miss when taking a gulp of beer.

But Goodell is a fool if he thinks for a minute that HD is going to hurt his ticket sales. As everyone here is saying, its the PRICES stupid. &Diety forbid, when harder times come the football tickets are at the top of the list of expenses to be cut, not because I dont like football, but because even in the cheap seats a day at Mile High is still probably one of the most frivolous things I spend money on.

I would argue that HD, and DVRs may actually BOOST ticket sales, as they create MORE rabid fans. Ill speak for myself, since getting the big TV (100" projected (BTW, cheaper than your average big screen LCD) I have become more addicted to football. I watch more games than ever, and not just Broncos games. Dimwit Roger, you are getting the advertising revenue for that too, but apparently you dont understand that.

So Roger, try raising ticket prices and blacking out the games that are not sold out. See what happens. While Im on a good rant, have you thought about the integrity of the game you present - or have you forgotten about the replacement ref debacle? If there was ANYTHING in the last 10 years that made me not want to watch football (live, or on TV) it was the replacement refs. Yeah, that was you trying to pass off a train wreck as football.

Now... about the San Diego game. Cant wait to go yell at Rivers until I cant talk
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #64
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
I'm still working on that angle. Once that's accomplished I will never leave and wait in anticipation for the next game.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #65
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

It would cost me about the same these days to take the family to Disney World for a week than for us to go to a game at Mile High. Obviously, if I lived in Denver that wouldn't be the case, but airfare to Denver is a killer unless you catch it just right.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #66
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

I could take 3 10+hookers nude fishing for less.

Bait my hook....
Old 11-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #67
AK Broncomaniac
100% Raider Hater

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
HD TV definitely beats freezing your balls off in the nosebleeds. The better seats? Not so much. If you are going to a game and don't have good seats you're really going to just say you went, and to show support for your team.
I used to think that... but not anymore. I always sat in lower level seats, usually right behind our bench. I didn't know what to expect the first time I sat with Miles and crew in the "nosebleeds". I actually had a better view of the whole field and even better yet, the company of friends!
AK Broncomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #68
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

I had great seats at the Denver - SD game and that would have been great, I was on the end of the row but every 10 seconds someone had to get by to either piss or buy another beer I had to stand up to let them by so I missed several plays

Must be a bladder virus in SD.

Lots of hot women though - very jiggley
Old 11-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #69
Bronco Yoda

I guess it depends on who you are targeting. And this is where the NFL may be screwing itself in the long run.

It's just too expensive as a 'family' event. I still remember going to Mile High as child with my Dad (though I dragged him there... not the other way around as he wasn't into football) but nevertheless I have fond memories. Memories that made it sentimental to go to games as an adult. Regardless of how good the team may be at the time playing on the field. There was that 'connection'.

I must admit I haven't taken my kids to a game yet. Same with my friends in similar circumstances. Thus i doubt they'll have that same deep loyal sentimental connection going to live games as I do.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #70
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

When you start to see blackouts popping up on more than the usual suspects and TV revenues start to be effected you will see a reduction in ticket prices

You got to price to the market, it's the American way.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #71
Bronco Yoda

That is true. And that's the way it should be. Just as the Market will self correct... albeit under painful circumstances. The market is reactionary not proactive. Sometimes this is good. Sometimes it's not but usually always a little messy with a little bit of pain involved. But a long market correction could disenfranchise an entire generation in the process. Not sure that's really worth it in the long run.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #72
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
That is true. And that's the way it should be. Just as the Market will self correct... albeit under painful circumstances. The market is reactionary not proactive. Sometimes this is good. Sometimes it's not but usually always a little messy with a little bit of pain involved. But a long market correction could disenfranchise an entire generation in the process. Not sure that's really worth it in the long run.
Of course it isn't but when you have 32 individuals needing to agree on a change and greed is part of the equation often they, due to that greed, let it break before they relent and fix the root problem. Just look at the professional sporting strikes.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #73
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

That's why I never piled on the Chargers fans for their blackouts. It's just too expensive to go to a game. I've been going to the same sports bar for 5-6 years. There is quite a few local Broncos fans that frequent the same bar. We have a good time...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #74
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Of course it isn't but when you have 32 individuals needing to agree on a change and greed is part of the equation often they, due to that greed, let it break before they relent and fix the root problem. Just look at the professional sporting strikes.
don't get me started on the current state of the NHL.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #75
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Matt Prater Miracle vs. Bears. Great seats.

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote