The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #151
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Alright I just figured up the yards, catches and TD's through 9 games last year for TE's and it isn't even close. You are right Garcia it is night and day.

Last years stats
26 catches, 180 yards, and 2 TDs
This years stats
47 catches, 596 yards, and 8 TDs

Thoughts?
Brian Dawkins?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #152
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Brian Dawkins?
It could be a number of things all have nothing to do with DJ Williams at all. Garcia was making it sound like Denver is better at covering TE's this year then last year because DJ Williams is off the field. Clearly we are not.

As Med already said in another thread Denver is scheming to stop the run more and the way we are doing it puts us in a disadvantage in covering TE's. Now can DJ Williams help? We will find out. Some of us think that JDR will help DJ improve like he has the other LBs so far this season.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #153
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
since he has not cost the a dollar since the season started and now he has come back to the team after redoing his contract, he was kept on the team as insurance IN case someone got hurt.. nothing more nothing less.

some of his old team mates like the guy but he is not a leader, he is an introvert. he was the captain got it taken away because of his first DUI..

y'all make him out to be some kind of hero.. he is what he is a cheating, drunk just waiting to fubar again..

he is an above average LB making almost superstar money.. he sued the NFL, was dumb enough to put his play book out on the internet..

how can you be so blind to the fact he is a moron..

Is he the guy you want your son or daughter to model after?
That's how I see it also.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #154
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It would be smart for coaches to find a role for DJ. You can maybe wait until a backer gets dinged, then give him his shot to prove to the defense he still has a role to play.

I think he could play some at all 3 spots. He has experience at all 3 spots. He could come in as SSL and let Miller play DE in some situations. Obviously he can play the weakside if woodyard needs a breather.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #155
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If they did not have DJ Williams in their plans for this year they would have cut him weeks ago. End Thread/
they had nothing to lose.. period he has not cost them a red cent till Monday when they resigned him to a very reduced rate for the rest of the year..

he would not be on the team had he not redo the contract..

I'm not sure they could cut him while serving a NFL suspension.. would have to check the CBA out on that.. Plus because he does have a few friends left in the locker room that could be counter productive.

he is nothing more than an insurance policy if they have more than one injury at this point..

he has to much ground to catch up with to be worth much more than a spare part that they hope they never have to use..

time to move on.. DJ is toast..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #156
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
It could be a number of things all have nothing to do with DJ Williams at all. Garcia was making it sound like Denver is better at covering TE's this year then last year because DJ Williams is off the field. Clearly we are not.

As Med already said in another thread Denver is scheming to stop the run more and the way we are doing it puts us in a disadvantage in covering TE's. Now can DJ Williams help? We will find out. Some of us think that JDR will help DJ improve like he has the other LBs so far this season.
That's a good point.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #157
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
I remember people on this board was dog cussin WW when he was playing. Now suddenly he is an all pro LB. When did this transformation happen?
When he started playing like one.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #158
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I'm not sure about this statement. Considering that neither has played in quite some time and our D is playing at one of the highest levels I can remember in recent history, it just seems hard to argue that DJ and Porter are our best. I get it that they are both extremely talented vetrans, but not sure they are our best... especially right now with other guys stepping up.
I am talking about our guys who have stepped up. As in replacing them with DJ and Porter.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #159
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
they had nothing to lose.. period he has not cost them a red cent till Monday when they resigned him to a very reduced rate for the rest of the year..

he would not be on the team had he not redo the contract..

I'm not sure they could cut him while serving a NFL suspension.. would have to check the CBA out on that.. Plus because he does have a few friends left in the locker room that could be counter productive.

he is nothing more than an insurance policy if they have more than one injury at this point..

he has to much ground to catch up with to be worth much more than a spare part that they hope they never have to use..

time to move on.. DJ is toast..
Even if that is all he is that's no small thing a quality linebacker that can play all three positions is valuable but JDR will find him some time on the field IMO.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #160
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
There is something to be said about the Broncos Defense being 10th in points allowed.

The last time the Broncos had a top 10 Defense was in 2003-2006, when Al Wilson and John Lynch roamed the field.

If DJ can actually improve this Defense even more...SB here we come.

That is if 2011's top rushing Offense can figure out how the hell to consistently pick up yardage out of a single-back set. Looking at you Hillman.
how is he going to be better than who we have on the field right now?

who are you going to pull out of a well oiled machine to "improve "it?

He is not the sharpest tool (all though he is a Tool) in the shed and even though he has had access to the play book the actual getting to KNOW it is being on the field playing and practicing with him being #3 on the depth chart behind WW and DT how is he going to get reps in practice..

Code:
 Unit:
POS 	First 	Second 	Third 	Other
LDE 	Derek Wolfe 	Malik Jackson 		
DT 	Kevin Vickerson 	Sealver Siliga 		
NT 	Justin Bannan 	Mitch Unrein 		
RDE 	Elvis Dumervil 	Robert Ayers 		
SLB 	Von Miller 	Nate Irving 		
MLB 	Keith Brooking 	Steven Johnson 		
WLB 	Wesley Woodyard Danny Trevathan 	D.J. Williams 	
LCB 	Champ Bailey 	Chris Harris 		
RCB 	Tracy Porter 	Tony Carter 	Omar Bolden 	
SS 	Mike Adams 	David Bruton 		
FS 	Rahim Moore 	Jim Leonhard

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

time to wake up and smell the stuff your posting..
Old 11-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #161
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

why waste his time? he is not going to be here next year unless he takes a 5 mil hit in salary or more..

he has other players to develop. Guys they took in the draft.. DJ is mikeys baggage they dumped Tebow and most of Joshes baggage as soon as they could they have seen enough of DJ to know that he is not long term.

why there are only a few nut huggers that do not see that amazes me..
Old 11-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #162
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
how is he going to be better than who we have on the field right now?

who are you going to pull out of a well oiled machine to "improve "it?

He is not the sharpest tool (all though he is a Tool) in the shed and even though he has had access to the play book the actual getting to KNOW it is being on the field playing and practicing with him being #3 on the depth chart behind WW and DT how is he going to get reps in practice..

Code:
 Unit:
POS 	First 	Second 	Third 	Other
LDE 	Derek Wolfe 	Malik Jackson 		
DT 	Kevin Vickerson 	Sealver Siliga 		
NT 	Justin Bannan 	Mitch Unrein 		
RDE 	Elvis Dumervil 	Robert Ayers 		
SLB 	Von Miller 	Nate Irving 		
MLB 	Keith Brooking 	Steven Johnson 		
WLB 	Wesley Woodyard Danny Trevathan 	D.J. Williams 	
LCB 	Champ Bailey 	Chris Harris 		
RCB 	Tracy Porter 	Tony Carter 	Omar Bolden 	
SS 	Mike Adams 	David Bruton 		
FS 	Rahim Moore 	Jim Leonhard

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

time to wake up and smell the stuff your posting..

That is exactly where you'd expect him to be on the depth chart not having played all season long. No surprise there, means nothing.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #163
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Even if that is all he is that's no small thing a quality linebacker that can play all three positions is valuable but JDR will find him some time on the field IMO.
yes he can play all three spots but he is going to get few if any reps at any of them barring an injury..

he is currently #3 on the WLB depth chart.. which means ZERO reps..

so what is the likely hood that DJ is going to see the field or become the super start you seem to think he is?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #164
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
That is exactly where you'd expect him to be on the depth chart not having played all season long. No surprise there, means nothing.
Looking at that list I guess we know what happens to Carter when Porter is cleared to play.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #165
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

THEY ARE SENDING him a HUGE MESSAGE..

is this guy your boyfriend or what I have never seen such devotion to a dumb ass player like him..

he is not Ray Lewis, or Patrick Willis he is Dumb Ass Williams.. a slightly above WLB that happened to be our tackle leader a few years ago..
Old 11-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #166
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
yes he can play all three spots but he is going to get few if any reps at any of them barring an injury..

he is currently #3 on the WLB depth chart.. which means ZERO reps..

so what is the likely hood that DJ is going to see the field or become the super start you seem to think he is?
I never said he would be a super start (sic) as you say. never said he'd be a super star either.

I do expect to see him on the field if not this week than by next week. JDR will use him, he has too much talent to sit the bench for the rest of the season. LB injury or not.

In fact I will bet he sees the field on defense within two games.

Got PayPal / let's bet?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #167
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
THEY ARE SENDING him a HUGE MESSAGE..

is this guy your boyfriend or what I have never seen such devotion to a dumb ass player like him..

he is not Ray Lewis, or Patrick Willis he is Dumb Ass Williams.. a slightly above WLB that happened to be our tackle leader a few years ago..
You do realize there is a difference between starting and getting worked into the lineup right?

Why do so many people posting here think is such absolutes?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #168
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Looking at that list I guess we know what happens to Carter when Porter is cleared to play.

Porter will be listed as 3rd string too when or if he comes back.

...and just like DJ he will have to work himself back into the lineup.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #169
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

Porter will be listed as 3rd string too when or if he comes back.

...and just like DJ he will have to work himself back into the lineup.
Porter is still listed ahead of Carter by that end all list.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #170
Nwp-Apap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Well if DJ is driving around drunk and he kills one of my family or neighbors...yeah...that's a concern. Two DUIs. Once is a mistake, twice? Cheating on drug tests that he contractually obligated to... Being a visible person in the community dictates a certain responsibility and DJ is letting everyone down in the process.. Come on man, that is several reasons to be concerned.

I'll let it go, but I am sure we'll be sorry as a fanbase. I hope I am wrong.
Still has nothing to do with his on the field play, therefore it is irrelevant that he could theoretically kill someone by drinking and driving.

You missed the point, whatever he does off the field does not affect his athletics or talent on the field. He is still an above average LB and will see significant tome on the field because of it. People are caring too much about the off the field stuff when arguing if he should play or not.

At this point in time, DJ has served his suspension, is still a Bronco, is still and above average player, will play well for us with significant reps, and the off the field stuff is done with and doesn't matter at all.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #171
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
I never said he would be a super start (sic) as you say. never said he'd be a super star either.

I do expect to see him on the field if not this week than by next week. JDR will use him, he has too much talent to sit the bench for the rest of the season. LB injury or not.

In fact I will bet he sees the field on defense within two games.

Got PayPal / let's bet?
As I have said many times before if they had long term plans for him that would be one thing, but he is gonzo after this season unless he takes a HUGE discount on a contract and why would they even want to do that?

if he had not redone his contract this year for the rest of the year he would have been cut..

he is not a role model they want in the locker room, they have loads of talented kiddies they need to get reps in for later this year. So odds are he gets zero reps in practice.. chance are it will take him a couple of weeks to get into game shape by then we have 5 weeks left and the playoffs.

is he an athlete absolutely but sometimes you just got to cut the bad part of the golden delicious off so it does not spoil the rest of the fruit..

JDR does not have the time to spare getting him ready other than keeping him as a spare part in case someone goes down.. I'd even say had Mays not went to IR they would not have brought him back he would not be worth cutting someone for the roster spot..

as for betting I'll pass, I earned my money that hard way or only betting on absolutes.. this one is not quite yet absolute.. and no I do not have pay pall..

Good luck on your dreams for this skell but he IMO is toast the minute the trading period starts again..
Old 11-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #172
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
it is an old policy that you do not lose your starting spot due to injury in this case sickness.. But once your back it does not mean a thing..

I doubt that Porter gets his starting spot back they way these kiddies are playing..
Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #173
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
I guess that is because he is out due to injury as the old dictum goes a player doesn't lose his starting job due to injury but Carter will remain the starter even when Porter comes back unless he out plays Carter in practice.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #174
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
Still has nothing to do with his on the field play, therefore it is irrelevant that he could theoretically kill someone by drinking and driving.

You missed the point, whatever he does off the field does not affect his athletics or talent on the field. He is still an above average LB and will see significant tome on the field because of it. People are caring too much about the off the field stuff when arguing if he should play or not.

At this point in time, DJ has served his suspension, is still a Bronco, is still and above average player, will play well for us with significant reps, and the off the field stuff is done with and doesn't matter at all.
that crap may have gotten him a place on Mikeys team but their is a new sheriff in town in fact there are two.. Elway and Manning, Elway just does not put up with this crap, he is a proud old Bronco and knows we do not have to have morons on the team..

be prepared for no DJ next year.. unless he become a model citizen, takes a HUGE hit in salary and they find another spot for him to play because as it stands right now he is not beating existing players out of a starting spot.. He just is not good enough despite your love affair with him..
Old 11-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #175
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
As I have said many times before if they had long term plans for him that would be one thing, but he is gonzo after this season unless he takes a HUGE discount on a contract and why would they even want to do that?

if he had not redone his contract this year for the rest of the year he would have been cut..

he is not a role model they want in the locker room, they have loads of talented kiddies they need to get reps in for later this year. So odds are he gets zero reps in practice.. chance are it will take him a couple of weeks to get into game shape by then we have 5 weeks left and the playoffs.

is he an athlete absolutely but sometimes you just got to cut the bad part of the golden delicious off so it does not spoil the rest of the fruit..

JDR does not have the time to spare getting him ready other than keeping him as a spare part in case someone goes down.. I'd even say had Mays not went to IR they would not have brought him back he would not be worth cutting someone for the roster spot..

as for betting I'll pass, I earned my money that hard way or only betting on absolutes.. this one is not quite yet absolute.. and no I do not have pay pall..

Good luck on your dreams for this skell but he IMO is toast the minute the trading period starts again..
Listening to you one would think you are passing on free money. As another old saying goes, "put your money where your mouth is"