The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #101
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Oh...so he's not taking PED's but decided to circumvent the test? What's you're argument...that he's smoking weed? That still doesn't help and it's just as bad. Nalen hasn't been on this team in half a decade, HTF would he know?

Look at the averages and you'll see a significant difference on TE production against our defense. It's night and day in some cases.
You said he was a cheater because he took PEDs. My argument is that you don't know that for sure. You're only speculating. There is a huge difference between taking PED and smoking weed. So what if Nalen hasn't been on the team for 5 yrs, how do you know he still doesn't hang around the locker room or close friend of DJ? Even if Nalen has been away for 5yrs, he knows DJ alot more than what you read on the news. I obviously believe Nalens word than any of our speculation.

This is what i know. DJ teammate loves him. He is a leader in the locker room. He is an idiot outside the locker room. Only the coaches can determine if DJ is a detriment to this team or if he is an asset. I think if he was a detriment, EFX would of cut him along time ago. Because they know what DJ can do, they kept him as they know he can add something positive to the team.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #102
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Are you claiming we cover TE's better now? We have allowed 47 catches 596 yards and 8 TDs to TEs so far this year. If by night and day you are saying we need to do better then I agree. If you are saying something else you are nuts.
Comapre it to last year and subsquent years and you'll see it's better in this passing league.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #103
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Comapre it to last year and subsquent years and you'll see it's better in this passing league.
When I can make JDR our coach for last season I will compare it. Why wasn't WW doing his job last year then if you think this is a fair comparison?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #104
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

DJ listed as 3rd string WLB on Broncos depth chart. Which is weird, because I thought for sure he would take Steven Johnson's spot.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

Last edited by pricejj; 11-13-2012 at 01:57 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #105
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

I remember people on this board was dog cussin WW when he was playing. Now suddenly he is an all pro LB. When did this transformation happen?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #106
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
I remember people on this board was dog cussin WW when he was playing. Now suddenly he is an all pro LB. When did this transformation happen?
This season under JDR
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #107
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

In a vacuum/Madden scenario D.J. is definitely a superior player to WW. But it isn't a vacuum.

D.J. isn't in game shape. D.J. hasn't been in contact situations since preseason (and that was negligible) and most importantly, D.J. hasn't had an opportunity to gel with a defense that has been playing its best collective ball since 2005. Why risk screwing with that for a player, who let's be honest isn't the most cerebral LB in the game? A big part of football is momentum and attitude and why risk alternating it with a problem child? I'd be all for working him on special teams, and taking advantage of his straight-line speed and athleticism in certain packages, but at this juncture, just inserting him in as a starter would be a huge mistake.

Last edited by razorwire77; 11-13-2012 at 02:09 PM..
razorwire77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #108
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Alright I just figured up the yards, catches and TD's through 9 games last year for TE's and it isn't even close. You are right Garcia it is night and day.

Last years stats
26 catches, 180 yards, and 2 TDs
This years stats
47 catches, 596 yards, and 8 TDs

Thoughts?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #109
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Alright I just figured up the yards, catches and TD's through 9 games last year for TE's and it isn't even close. You are right Garcia it is night and day.

Last years stats
This years stats

Thoughts?
DJ (on PED's) is much better at guarding TE's than any other player on our roster not named Champ Bailey.

The only remaining question is, how good is DJ (not on PED's)?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #110
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
In a vacuum/Madden scenario D.J. is definitely a superior player to WW. But it isn't a vacuum.

D.J. isn't in game shape. D.J. hasn't been in contact situations since preseason (and that was negligible) and most importantly, D.J. hasn't had an opportunity to gel with a defense that has been playing it's best collective ball since 2005. Why risk screwing with that for a player, who let's be honest isn't the most cerebral LB in the game? A big part of football is momentum and attitude and why risk alternating it with a problem child? I'd be all for working him on special teams, and taking advantage of his straight-line speed and athleticism in certain packages, but at this juncture, just inserting him in as a starter would be a huge mistake.
I agree. But I say work DJ in slowly and see what happens. I also think DJ has been in the game for awhile now. It shouldn't take him that long to works himself into the starting position. My example, Koppen. It took him all of 1 game and now is one of the most important players on the line.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #111
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
DJ (on PED's) is much better at guarding TE's than any other player on our roster not named Champ Bailey.

The only remaining question is, how good is DJ (not on PED's)?
Prove Williams took PEDs and not pot, coke, or some other drug.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #112
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Okay...let's put it another way...how is this defense going to be better with DJ on the field? My answer is not at all. I think it will be a subtraction for a number of reasons from team chemistry to ability.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #113
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

Last years stats
This years stats

Thoughts?
Now look up yards to WRs. It's the pressure from the D line
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #114
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Okay...let's put it another way...how is this defense going to be better with DJ on the field? My answer is not at all. I think it will be a subtraction for a number of reasons from team chemistry to ability.
That is crap. That is like me saying we can't put Brooking in for Mays because of the chemistry of the team.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #115
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:

Last years stats
This years stats

Thoughts?
my thought...

33 catches 418 yards and 6TD's by Tight ends....in games that we won by an average of 14.6 points per game. The vast majority of the TE production against Denver has come against teams that Denver ended up beating by more than 2 touchdowns average.

Garbage stats
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #116
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
It's pretty late in the year to even think that. He has had all this free time to mess up and he stayed clean. If Denver wants to dump him next year that is fine with me. Right now I want to see the best players on the field and DJ is one of them.

As I said in another thread RBs out of the backfield and TE's have accounted for 10 TDs. That is just under half of our season total. We need DJ to help lower that number.
you know this for fact? most of the time he spent down in MIA how do you know he was not doing drugs or boozing it up down there?

as for DJ being one of the best players on the field seems the past year or so he has nor been..

as for the 10 TDs When was that before or during Brookings time on teh field or was that mostly mays time frame..

As I said in another post sometime you just can not stop everything regardless of how you play it..

Since Brookings has been on the field instead of mays it has been very good D..

Since the only logical place to play DJ is either WLB or MLB why do you want to tamper with their success? how can you think coming cold off the street he can upgrade either spot?

Is he like a very close personal bud or something that is the only logical explanation of your love for him.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #117
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
so dump him next year. We're on a SB run here
That's what I said; Use him, pump him up for trade value, then trade him after the season.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #118
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
my thought...

33 catches 418 yards and 6TD's by Tight ends....in games that we won by an average of 14.6 points per game. The vast majority of the TE production against Denver has come against teams that Denver ended up beating by more than 2 touchdowns average.

Garbage stats
^ that... plus you can't draw much of a comparison of WW vs DJ by examining "through 9 games last season" because yet again, DJ missed the first 3 games and WW started in his place.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #119
swaiy

Only driving after drinking is illegal. Lets stop acting like drinking alcohol is the crime.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #120
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
I agree. But I say work DJ in slowly and see what happens. I also think DJ has been in the game for awhile now. It shouldn't take him that long to works himself into the starting position. My example, Koppen. It took him all of 1 game and now is one of the most important players on the line.
Yeah, I think it will work itself out. If D.J. comes back motivated and in shape, he will get on the field rather quickly. It he demonstrates that he understands JDR's defense and has been in contact with the team, I'd say we'll see him in a limited capacity as early as this Sunday. But, he's got to earn that right. If not, you send a really bad message to a defense full of really young players.
razorwire77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #121
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
my thought...

Garbage stats
Final score might say we won by 14 points but the scores came when the game was close. Your stats are garbage stats.

Miller TD score 10-7 Pitt. We went on to win by more then 14 points.
Gates scored two TDs 24-0 Chargers. We went on to win by double digits.
Olson TD score 7-0 Panthers. Olson scored another TD to make the score 29-14.

Way to try and make your argument look better then it is.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #122
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
my thought...

Garbage stats
huh, are you saying most of the TE production came in garbage time? Heath Miller tore us apart all game. From beginning to end. The game wasn't blown open until Harris got his pick 6 in the last few minutes in the game. Gonzo also took it to our D and we lost. Gates has most of his production in the first half when we were getting blown out. Greshem was effective all game not in garbage time. Olsen got most of his production on the first drive when the Panthers took a 7-0 lead.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #123
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
^ that... plus you can't draw much of a comparison of WW vs DJ by examining "through 9 games last season" because yet again, DJ missed the first 3 games and WW started in his place.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #124
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
huh, are you saying most of the TE production came in garbage time? Heath Miller tore us apart all game. From beginning to end. The game wasn't blown open until Harris got his pick 6 in the last few minutes in the game. Gonzo also took it to our D and we lost. Gates has most of his production in the first half when we were getting blown out. Greshem was effective all game not in garbage time. Olsen got most of his production on the first drive when the Panthers took a 7-0 lead.
What he said was so full of fail it isn't even funny.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #125
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
You said he was a cheater because he took PEDs. My argument is that you don't know that for sure. You're only speculating. There is a huge difference between taking PED and smoking weed. So what if Nalen hasn't been on the team for 5 yrs, how do you know he still doesn't hang around the locker room or close friend of DJ? Even if Nalen has been away for 5yrs, he knows DJ alot more than what you read on the news. I obviously believe Nalens word than any of our speculation.

This is what i know. DJ teammate loves him. He is a leader in the locker room. He is an idiot outside the locker room. Only the coaches can determine if DJ is a detriment to this team or if he is an asset. I think if he was a detriment, EFX would of cut him along time ago. Because they know what DJ can do, they kept him as they know he can add something positive to the team.

since he has not cost the a dollar since the season started and now he has come back to the team after redoing his contract, he was kept on the team as insurance IN case someone got hurt.. nothing more nothing less.

some of his old team mates like the guy but he is not a leader, he is an introvert. he was the captain got it taken away because of his first DUI..

y'all make him out to be some kind of hero.. he is what he is a cheating, drunk just waiting to fubar again..

he is an above average LB making almost superstar money.. he sued the NFL, was dumb enough to put his play book out on the internet..

how can you be so blind to the fact he is a moron..

Is he the guy you want your son or daughter to model after?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote