The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Best Place to watch a game
The Stadium 38 41.76%
Sports Bar 8 8.79%
Man Cave with other fans 43 47.25%
Family room with wife and kids 17 18.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

Default Goodell concerned that HD is so good, there’s no need to buy tickets

What is your opinion?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-buy-tickets/

me personally, I prefer to watch at a stadium whenever I get a chance
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

No sympathy for the NFL power structure, players, and owners. Every other company or organization which offers goods or services has to calibrate their product and ofter it at a competitive price. The NFL is making hand over fist money on the distribution of television rights to their product. And now they want to whine because less people are potentially willing to spend $30 for parking, hundreds of dollars for individual tickets and $6.50 for a Coors Light.

**** off Rodger.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Ah, i'm calling bull****.

The problem is, you can buy an HD tv for the same price as attending the game. That is the main issue.

Live venues are always the best experience for real sports fans, but the cost and hassle greatly outweighs the benefits (much of the time). If I wanted to take my family to the game, we would probably pay about $125 per ticket x 5 = $625. Throw in some food, a few beers, and a trip to the team store and we are now at $750+. At today's prices, that buys me a nice 60 inch flat screen.

There's your problem Roger...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

Where's the option for in my bedroom by myself, so that no-one can see me cry myself to sleep if we lose?
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

I have never got a chance to watch any Bronco game at a stadium besides the preseason game in Charlotte against the Panthers when Elway was playing. So can't tell you if that is a good experience. I watch football some Broncos football at the bar here in Dallas. Saw a Broncos fan there, but the guy is an idiot and not fans like any of you guys here. That was pretty lame. Don't have any friends that like the Broncos or football, so can't say much there. So I always end up watching Broncos on TV or my laptop with my wife asking silly question about why these guys are hitting each other.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Seattle is the antithesis of this argument. What a miserable place to enjoy a football game, yet their fans come, and create a legitimate advantage for their team. In sure there are those who enjoy the comforts of their home, but the experience of being at the game provides such nostalgia for so many passionate fans, I believe the clarity of a television will never trump the reality of being there.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

The problem is, you can buy an HD tv for the same price as attending the game. That is the main issue.

Live venues are always the best experience for real sports fans, but the cost and hassle greatly outweighs the benefits (much of the time). If I wanted to take my family to the game, we would probably pay about $125 per ticket x 5 = $625. Throw in some food, a few beers, and a trip to the team store and we are now at $750+. At today's prices, that buys me a nice 60 inch flat screen.

Exactly, and if the NFL starts to lose viability and attendance it will have to adjust its ticket and concession prices accordingly, for the same reason we no longer have $385 land line phone bills.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Maybe Rodgers boogeyman will compel teams to lower ticket prices...nm.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

nothing beats being part of a loud crowd, feeling the energy of the stadium, being as loud as you can with 76 thousand fans.

On the other hand, if your team sucks and the fans have no reason to cheer, might as well stay at home and save a few $$.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #10
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I think a lot of fans don't have a choice. I still try to catch two live Bronco games per year and that's still a bit of a stretch financially (and I'm by no means broke.)
Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Whenever I go to games, I find myself distracted by boobs and shiny things. Hence, I would rather watch a game at home. I have a killer set-up for sports watching.

I would go to more games if I lived in Denver, though.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Goodell is a fool, HD is not going to keep me home.

High ticket prices and service gouging does. I like to go to at least one game a year, if I had season tix I would probably sell off half. It is the parking and prices for food and drinks on top of already high ticket prices that would keep me away. Plus I don't live in the Denver area.

If you want to fill the stadium lower or freeze ticket prices for the next couple years.

Owners and their greed are what is killing the game attendance Roger, not HD TV. I have had Direct TV Sunday ticket for over a decade and not once have I stayed home for a football game that I had the chance to go to because I wanted to watch it on TV.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #13
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

There's nothing like watching the game at the Stadium. Even "away" games are great. Nothing like home games though. I have no problem watching them on TV. For me there's little alternative except for the occasional game. And I totally agree with prices. I'm by no means broke either but damn that's expensive.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I like both. I don't think I could ever be a season ticket holder, though. The drive down/or light rail, long lines, hard weather-exposed seats, and then coming back would be too much for me to do ten times a year. Once for the regular season and maybe a playoff appearance is fine. The rest of the time I will enjoy my big screen 1080p DVR and couch.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #15
fwf

Boo Hoo f'n Hoo. What compels him to say this out loud? What a tool this guy is. We understand yourself, as well as the other 32 owners have only one goal in mind.. which is to take as much cash from the working joe as possible, but do you really have to rub it in our faces?

Do we know how much these owners are pulling in a year in profit?

If theyre barely breaking even, then fine, but come on, cant they just let a good thing be.

I really hate this guy. REally.

Not to mention that the league has anti-trust exemptions. Any other monopoly like this would be shut down. No questions asked. This guy thinks he's really something.

And my write in is: on the deck with the dogs.

Last edited by fwf; 11-13-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Old 11-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #16
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:

You are getting away cheap at $750.00... For Chica and I to attend a game not only do we need game tickets, food and parking, but throw in air fare from Los Angeles, Hotel for a couple nights and a car rental. easy grand to visit Mile High stadium for us.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #17
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I like watching games on my TV in my recliner, with my beer that is reasonably priced and a bathroom that doesn't smell like a urinal and my pick of food without standing in a line for 30 minutes to get it.

Call me crazy, but that sounds like an infinitely better time to me.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #18
Marshall Dumervil
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Yep, I really wanted to go to the SD game this weekend. It's also my birthday, and my wife really wanted us to go. After figuring it would cost about $600 I said **** it. I could do it, but it's just stupid to pay $600 for a few hours entertainment.
Marshall Dumervil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #19
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

I love watching the games on my big HD screen with the family and best friends!
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #20
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Well since I live in Arkansas. Im on the tv side. Plus I can see it better then actually at the game.
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #21
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Went to my first ever NFL game this year (Broncos-Bengals) and the experience is pretty awesome. I was worried that my seats would make it hard to see the field but that wasn't a problem at all. Both live and on TV are wonderful ways to watch a wonderful game.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #22
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Its too expensive to go to a lot of football games.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #23
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Just went to the game at Panther's stadium, it was $450 for three tickets. **** that bull****.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #24
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
Where's the option for in my bedroom by myself, so that no-one can see me cry myself to sleep if we lose?
I was waiting for another comment about if we win.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #25
Agamemnon

HD TV definitely beats freezing your balls off in the nosebleeds. The better seats? Not so much. If you are going to a game and don't have good seats you're really going to just say you went, and to show support for your team.