The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #51
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I posted these stats in another thread....47 catches, 596 yards, and 8 TDs allowed to other teams TE's. Without looking I would say that is more TD's then we have allowed to WR's this season.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #52
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Why would he be out of shape? First off, players these days, with all the OTA's and what not, are in much better shape at training camp then in the past. With that, he's had all this time to get in great shape. He might need a week or so to get in great game shape but cmon dude, 4 weeks to get in shape? You talk is if he was home sitting on the couch eating candy. He's been at the facility working out for weeks now. Please tell us all why you would be "surprised" if he is in "any shape to play".
He doesn't have the kind of track record that inspires trust. I've fallen out of love with DJ. I expect him to just come back, play well, and then **** up again. Better for the Broncos to cut their losses and get some good trade value.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #53
socalorado
Ring of Famer

ST's and watching from the sideline, with occasional spot duty to showcase he can still play. Then a trade in the offseason.
Elway hopefully then moves up and gets this guy.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #54
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

When his lost salary, restructured contract and bonus payback are added up, Williams will have lost not only the first nine games of the Broncos' season, but also close to $4 million.
"He's paid his dues, and we welcome him back," Fox said. "What his role exactly will be will be determined by how he practices and works back in, but we're excited to have him back."
Williams figures to spend the first week or two getting back in game shape.

Read more: Linebacker D.J. Williams returns to Denver Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2C7N1WOxK
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #55
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
When his lost salary, restructured contract and bonus payback are added up, Williams will have lost not only the first nine games of the Broncos' season, but also close to $4 million.
"He's paid his dues, and we welcome him back," Fox said. "What his role exactly will be will be determined by how he practices and works back in, but we're excited to have him back."
Williams figures to spend the first week or two getting back in game shape.

Read more: Linebacker D.J. Williams returns to Denver Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2C7N1WOxK
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Fox said exactly the right thing.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #56
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I am appreciating the personality and coaching style John Fox brings to the Broncos. He lets his two talented coordinators do their job and he is the perfect HC for a Peyton Manning lead team.

Elway has created something special in Dove Valley

It is grand to be a Broncos fan again
Old 11-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #57
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Between this and Porter you sure are for removing our best playing defenders right now. Are you Shanahan?
I'm not sure about this statement. Considering that neither has played in quite some time and our D is playing at one of the highest levels I can remember in recent history, it just seems hard to argue that DJ and Porter are our best. I get it that they are both extremely talented vetrans, but not sure they are our best... especially right now with other guys stepping up.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #58
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

WW is the better LB...anyone arguning otherwise is a blind DJ hummer. Not homer, but a cock-sucking-slob that needs to wipe his chin.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #59
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
WW is the better LB...anyone arguning otherwise is a blind DJ hummer. Not homer, but a cock-sucking-slob that needs to wipe his chin.
....and to think you were a mod.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #60
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
I do not agree with this
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #61
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
I am appreciating the personality and coaching style John Fox brings to the Broncos. He lets his two talented coordinators do their job and he is the perfect HC for a Peyton Manning lead team.

Interesting to read that Fox's optimism and excitement was one of the determining factors in hiring him, I think it is a very strong trait that gets people around him excited. The entire coaching staff is pulling in the same direction and it really shows.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #62
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Interesting to read that Fox's optimism and excitement was one of the determining factors in hiring him, I think it is a very strong trait that gets people around him excited. The entire coaching staff is pulling in the same direction and it really shows.

So true.

What do you see as the biggest weakness throughout the organization, position coaches, player positions and FO included?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #63
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Radical idea here, but maybe we should wait and see what he looks like and how he responds.

I'll be surprised if we see very much of him this week, given the divisional stakes. Probably not the best time to experiment.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #64
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Radical idea here, but maybe we should wait and see what he looks like and how he responds.

I'll be surprised if we see very much of him this week, given the divisional stakes. Probably not the best time to experiment.
Good idea! Dismantle the board.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #65
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

All the sweeter after the last twelve years.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #66
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Old 11-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #67
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
I do not agree with this
How so...the proof is in the pudding. All of sudden we can cover tightends. Plus, DJ is a cheater. That's why he got suspended....for taking PEDs. And when he's not taking PEDs...he's driving around drunk in our community.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #68
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
And you are a homeless drunk that turned his back on his family. Probably evading the law in the US, It's a small wonder why everyone views you as a coward.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #69
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
So true.

What do you see as the biggest weakness throughout the organization, position coaches, player positions and FO included?
It is difficult to evaluate really, the presence of a few very good players can cover up a lot of deficiencies on the field and off.

Depth pretty much across the board is definitely an issue, offensive line, tight end, wide receiver, linebacker, safety and possibly DT is questionable. This could be due to below average scouting (pro and college) or positional coaching and evaluation.

Other than Miller who is obviously a huge boss and an utterly dominant player, our drafts the last 2 years are still difficult to really gauge. Franklin looks like a stud and Moore has been showing improvements this season. Carter can't be evaluated due to his injury and Virgil Green is still a situational player. Mohammed, Beal and Julius Thomas are all looking like they will wash out if they haven't already. Trevathan is the only rookie other than Wolfe who has seen the field pretty consistently and neither can be said to be wildly exceeding expectations. Osweiler won't see the field for some years hopefully and we won't really know if he is a stud or a dud until then, Hillman is showing some glimpses at best, Malik Jackson is far down the chart, Bolden is a good gunner but hasn't shown anything else. Blake has been inactive for pretty much every game.

Scouting could be an issue, but only time can really tell.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #70
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post

Good idea, but do you have any idea how to fast-forward time? This is the internet, after all.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #71
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
Good idea, but do you have any idea how to fast-forward time? This is the internet, after all.

socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #72
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
And you are a homeless drunk that turned his back on his family. Probably evading the law in the US, It's a small wonder why everyone views you as a coward.

...and to think you were a mod.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #73
swaiy

That was kinda low... the **** does that have to do with the topic?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #74
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
It is difficult to evaluate really, the presence of a few very good players can cover up a lot of deficiencies on the field and off.

Depth pretty much across the board is definitely an issue, offensive line, tight end, wide receiver, linebacker, safety and possibly DT is questionable. This could be due to below average scouting (pro and college) or positional coaching and evaluation.

Other than Miller who is obviously a huge boss and an utterly dominant player, our drafts the last 2 years are still difficult to really gauge. Franklin looks like a stud and Moore has been showing improvements this season. Carter can't be evaluated due to his injury and Virgil Green is still a situational player. Mohammed, Beal and Julius Thomas are all looking like they will wash out if they haven't already. Trevathan is the only rookie other than Wolfe who has seen the field pretty consistently and neither can be said to be wildly exceeding expectations. Osweiler won't see the field for some years hopefully and we won't really know if he is a stud or a dud until then, Hillman is showing some glimpses at best, Malik Jackson is far down the chart, Bolden is a good gunner but hasn't shown anything else. Blake has been inactive for pretty much every game.

Scouting could be an issue, but only time can really tell.
I agree with your first point but when rebuilding a team as far down as we were depth is going to be the last thing we address. Interesting how many of our contributors are coming from the ranks of what was our depth.

As for the draft evaluations you are correct again, to early to tell on much of them. Getting a starting DT is a good start on this years and a 5th rd LB playing at all is Big deal too.

Look at our IR list, I see 5 starters and a good RB on IR so a lot of depth is now playing;

93 Beal, Jeremy DE 6-3 276 24 1 Oklahoma
64 Blake, Philip G/C 6-3 320 26 R Baylor
28 Carter, Quinton S 6-1 200 24 2 Oklahoma
42 Fannin, Mario RB 5-11 224 24 2 Auburn
90 Hunter, Jason DE 6-4 271 29 7 Appalachian State
51 Mays, Joe MLB 5-11 250 27 5 North Dakota State
50 Walton, J.D. C 6-3 305 25 3 Baylor
94 Warren, Ty DT 6-5 300 31 10 Texas A&M
Old 11-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #75
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Be careful because dem hummers are cumming to get you, at least verbally.

There is such love for this moron it is almost incomprehensible..

Granted he was about the only one worth a crap on D for a long time. He set a standard.

But that standard has now been upped by a lot of others and he and his exorbitant salary is expendable.

Despite Foxs glowing coach speak (done to placate the few veterans that still like the moron) he no longer fits into the long term plan of this team.

Elway Fox in particular are looking for a few good men, leaders, smart, fast and great athletes. DJ is only the latter at his stage of his career. To be frank the way he has abused his body that might not even be true.

Look at all the guys that they have brought in to play. Other than Miller a super star hard working guys that are not or were not super stars in college. they have quietly out together perhaps the best D this team has had since Colliers time.

Someone mentioned TE issues yes they have great games against us. But you might also look at who they were before you piss and moan so much and when they did it.

I have yet to see the perfect D one that can shut down everything consistently.

I used to really like DJ because of his stats they out did anyone else's. But then I really started watching him at the time he rarely got a TFL, Was never asked to blitz that I could see and considering his speed at the time, that made me watch him closer. Most of his tackles were after they had gained positive yards and after they made a first down. He is a drag down from behind tackler not some one you want guarding the middle on the DL.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote