The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Bleacher Report - Broncos most balanced team in NFL?

Thought this was a nice article. Like how they mention Elway as a likely candidate for executive of the year. I thought for the most part they were right on. Really, only weakness is turnovers. Defensive 3rd downs have improved, the offense has gelled, more balance now in all phases of game.

Right now I'd say it's a close battle between Houston and Denver for most balanced but I give Denver the edge because of our kicking game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...eam-in-the-nfl
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Bleacher report enuff said.

Did you write it?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
Bacchus

Quote:
Since that time, the offense has grown by leaps and bounds under the tutelage of Peyton Manning, and the defense has adjusted phenomenally to Jack Del Rio's scheme.
Denver has all the makings of a legitimate Super Bowl contender, as they are built to score a lot of points and rush the passer with electric dexterity. This formula has worked well in the past, as the most recent Super Bowl champs, the New York Giants, showed last season.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I tend to agree overall, but I'm starting to become very concerned about our running game. We're only averaging 3.8 yards per carry as a team and have pretty much been shut down the past two weeks. I hope that this is just because of Kuper being out, but if we want to make a deep playoff run and keep this offense running to its full potential, we need a consistently effective and non-fumbling run game.

Otherwise, this team can do it all in all three phases.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

It's an accurate article
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #6
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
I tend to agree overall, but I'm starting to become very concerned about our running game. We're only averaging 3.8 yards per carry as a team and have pretty much been shut down the past two weeks. I hope that this is just because of Kuper being out, but if we want to make a deep playoff run and keep this offense running to its full potential, we need a consistently effective and non-fumbling run game.

I agree, that is why I think they should activate Moreno. The running game needs a shake-up.

Quote:
Starting 0-4 put the Saints in an unbearable hole, but with the way the entire team is playing, the playoffs are not out of the question. Few teams are playing as well as the Saints right now.
Who was the only team to beat the Saints in the last 5 weeks?

The Bleacher Report also came out with their NFL Rankings. Denver came in at #5.

5. Denver Broncos

Record: 6-3

The Denver Broncos are special. Good special. Scary special.

As Peyton Manning gets stronger and more comfortable, the Broncos become more and more complete. Add in the pass rush of Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil, and you have a team that can force you into passing situations by building a lead and attacking you when you drop back to throw. It's matchup hell.

I wasn't one of those people who thought Manning could do this again—or that the Broncos' talent was good enough to allow him to play this well—but he's proving me wrong on a weekly basis. And it's good to see.

Rest of the Rankings: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...eek-11/page/29

Last edited by Bacchus; 11-13-2012 at 07:13 AM..
Old 11-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

It ain't good -- it's great!
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
It's an accurate article

Yes as of right this minute yes............we need to do this against quality opponents then it is real.

Right now I understand the team has improved and gelled BUT.....against lower tier teams this is smoke and mirrors !
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #9
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Yes as of right this minute yes............we need to do this against quality opponents then it is real.

Right now I understand the team has improved and gelled BUT.....against lower tier teams this is smoke and mirrors !
This statement could not be any more wrong. Every team in the NFL is a quality opponent. Because our 3 losses have come to top tier teams should not take anything away from the 6 victories we have put together.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Bleacher report enuff said.

Did you write it?
You got something stuck up your a$$ or something? Do you not agree with what's been written? Did I write it, yeah, sure thing.

So in your opinion, what did the writer get wrong in that article? You don't think the Broncos should be in the discussion for most balanced team in the NFL?
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #11
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post

Our running game is the weak link and KM isn't the answer. I think the problem is our blocking. Our active RBs are good enough to do the job with the right blocking.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #12
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
This statement could not be any more wrong. Every team in the NFL is a quality opponent. Because our 3 losses have come to top tier teams should not take anything away from the 6 victories we have put together.
exactly, the Bengals, Saints and Chargers were all quality opponents.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #13
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
You got something stuck up your a$$ or something? Do you not agree with what's been written? Did I write it, yeah, sure thing.

So in your opinion, what did the writer get wrong in that article? You don't think the Broncos should be in the discussion for most balanced team in the NFL?
Stop quoting him for the rest of us.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #14
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Most balanced teams IMO (Have not looked at stats, just going by the eye test) and in no particular order:

Denver
Pittsburgh
Houston

Yes, all AFC
RedskinBronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #15
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Most balanced teams IMO (Have not looked at stats, just going by the eye test) and in no particular order:

Denver
Pittsburgh
Houston

Yes, all AFC
Baltimore has good balance don't they?
Old 11-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #16
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Baltimore has good balance don't they?
Defense is weak, IMO.

I believe their defense will do them in. I know, it sounds weird to say. I get a lot of ravens coverage locally in the DC metro area and they are concerned about the D; they would know what real defense is.

Also, there are questions about their offense being able to produce when they face the big boys. They are practicing for it with their play calling but when they lose, people freak out and blame Cam Cameron's play calling...

I have my doubts about the Ravens.

I think with the Broncos, everyone here has some reservations about McGahee. Can the Broncos find enough of work arounds to not have that be their undoing? We will find out. Let's face it, that's where the Texans and Steelers have us beat, but it's not like we cannot overcome it, just that the other 2 are more balanced in that particular area.
RedskinBronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #17
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post

Thought so.
Your a phony, pimping the article as some one else's when it was yours.

Your stance on dj gave it away.
Pathetic.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #18
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Our running game is the weak link and KM isn't the answer. I think the problem is our blocking. Our active RBs are good enough to do the job with the right blocking.
Our oline more built to pass block then run block. Especially inside IMO.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote