The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #26
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Moffitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
More productive? DJ had more sacks and same amount of FF. DJ does things WW doesn't just like WW does things better then DJ. It's not that hard to understand.

If DJ is an above average LB so is WW which is perfectly OK with me. As for the rest of that crap you posted not a single person thinks DJ is better then Miller. Why you even typed that I have no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i don't know that i want him anywhere near MLB. he can't make calls.
he struggled badly with that last time he was the MLB.
he needs to be the WLB. as much as i love Woodyard and his play DJ is our best LB, Von is a beast but not a true full on LB yet.
There were many people saying this in preseason.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #27
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
Make him earn his stripes on special teams.
Excellent idea kip
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #28
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

I'll cheer for the guy if he's wearing orange but a part of me would love to see him gone. DMac played an interview DJ gave Sunday night to reporters and he's as annoying in interviews as he is clueless about life in general. Hope we draft a stud to replace him next year.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #29
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
i don't see him being the MLB unless the defense is so different that the calls are simplified and he won't struggle with him.
he's not gonna take the SLB job from Von, he's not a MLB and he's always been best at WLB.

i love what Woodyard is doing but i don't see him holding off DJ for very long.
MLB is the only spot that can be upgraded with his presence. At WLB with the way Woodyard has played would not be an upgrade and at best would be an equal swap. If he can't take over from old man Brooking, he doesn't deserve to play anything but Special Teams and in situational packages
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #30
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
I'll cheer for the guy if he's wearing orange but a part of me would love to see him gone. DMac played an interview DJ gave Sunday night to reporters and he's as annoying in interviews as he is clueless about life in general. Hope we draft a stud to replace him next year.
DJ is like Dale Carter to me. Worthless turd I wish played elsewhere.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #31
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Just not MLB.

Joe Mays plays better MLB than DJ Williams.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #32
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I'll be really surprised if DJ is in any shape to play. Maybe in four or five weeks.

The Broncos should use the rest of this season to pump up his trade value.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 11-12-2012 at 08:01 PM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #33
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

put him in at rb... seriously!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #34
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
put him in at rb... seriously!
9 YPC as a FB at Miami.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #35
Nwp-Apap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'll be really surprised if DJ is in any shape to play. Maybe in four or five weeks.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't. Football shape is easily obtainable in like 5 days of running. Apparently he came in the best shape he's ever been, so there's that too.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #36
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

I trust JDR to do whatever he wants with DJ; he can sit him, play him, or a little of both for all I care. Having DJ come back is what you would call a "good problem to have".

But if all he did is come in on the nickel and cover the TE, that would really boost an already very good defense.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #37
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
he needs to be the WLB. as much as i love Woodyard and his play DJ is our best LB, Von is a beast but not a true full on LB yet.

Is there anyone else who actually agrees with the statement? In what regard is DJ a better linebacker? Maybe pass coverage. Maybe. It isn't even close as a pass rusher or run defender.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #38
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

DJ can play where ever they need him.... But it does not mean he has to be calling out the defensive plays. Someone else that is better versed in the new defense will call the plays.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #39
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Between this and Porter you sure are for removing our best playing defenders right now. Are you Shanahan?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #40
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
In b4 lonelystar takes a dump.
Oh so cute. What are you 12 or 13. Just another juvenile post.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #41
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
More productive? DJ had more sacks and same amount of FF. DJ does things WW doesn't just like WW does things better then DJ. It's not that hard to understand.

If DJ is an above average LB so is WW which is perfectly OK with me. As for the rest of that crap you posted not a single person thinks DJ is better then Miller. Why you even typed that I have no clue.
Yep DJ had more sacks than WW did but then he also started 7 more games than he did.

As for why he had those sacks did you ever think it was the call from the sidelines and not just DJs idea.

Conversely we do not know if WW was asked to blitz at all last year.

Other than a couple of sacks and FF in those 7 more starts it seems if you further look at the stats you see that WW had more tackles than DJ did.

But then cherry picking is nothing new for you is it.

Btw yes some DJ nut huggers have called him the best LB we had last year.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #42
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Since I think anyone that is seriously not in love with the guy knows he is not what John E, Fox or JDR is looking for long term players. Smart, leaders as in college team Captain type guys. DJ is an athlete no doubt but is a dumb ass. He has embarrassed the team (Elways old team) with his dumb assery.

He had to take a pay cut for the rest of the year in order to come back. For anyone with an IQ over room temperature that pretty much spells it out that he is not long term at all.

If he gets any playing time like you said it is for trade value at best. Barring injury to one of the starters or backups.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #43
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
DJ can play where ever they need him.... But it does not mean he has to be calling out the defensive plays. Someone else that is better versed in the new defense will call the plays.
But then he would also have to know what those plays are. Not to mention the other Front Seven already know them.

I just do not understand why some want to make changes to something that is working pretty damned good since Brooking came in.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #44
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

I posted this in another thread thought it was pertinent to this thread..
Quote:
Quote:
i can't wait to see this defense once DJ gets back on the field. Woodyard has been playing lights out but man, DJ will make a huge impact for us at the LB position.
HOW?

The way our LBs have been playing who is he going to replace? Who are you going to take off the field to sub him in for?
Miller? Not happening..
Woodyard? Ditto
Brooking? no way..
Quote:
Keep in mind that the unit has been very successful and has developed communication and unity - and DJ has been no part of that. I think that he's going to be a street veteran in the off season at the very best.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...-lard#comments

Seems to me I heard that when he comes back he is taking a hit in his paycheck, if they really thought he had something to offer other than depth they would not have ask him to re-do his contract for less money..

Quote:
CHARLOTTE N.C. D.J. Williams will officially return Monday to the Broncos after the two sides recently agreed to a restructuring of his contract.

Williams, who had been a starting linebacker since the Broncos selected him with their first-round draft pick in 2004, had already lost nearly $3 million in salary this year as part of his penalty for serving two suspensions that prevented him from playing in the team's first nine games this year.

Given the considerable time he has missed Broncos coach John Fox decided not to have him participate in training camp or preseason games so he could instead give reps and playing time to others Williams is expected to use the first week or two getting back in playing shape.

Read more: Denver Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams to return to team Monday - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2Bzg38w73

"Sorry Charlie Sunkist only wants Prime Tuna"..

DJ ain't all that..
Old 11-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #45
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Just curious, is there a rule that the MLB has to be the one calling the plays?

I don't expect DJ to start right away. They will ease him back into the mix the 1st week by giving him rotational work. In the second week I expect he will do the same thing but more of it, I also expect them to experiment some with a 3-4 package. By his 3rd week back, I expect he will be playing MLB and splitting time with Brooking. 4th week I expect he is starting at MLB.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #46
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Just curious, is there a rule that the MLB has to be the one calling the plays?

I don't expect DJ to start right away. They will ease him back into the mix the 1st week by giving him rotational work. In the second week I expect he will do the same thing but more of it, I also expect them to experiment some with a 3-4 package. By his 3rd week back, I expect he will be playing MLB and splitting time with Brooking. 4th week I expect he is starting at MLB.
Dream on.

Other than show casing him for trade value or injury he will see very little playing time.

Let your bromance go he is toast next year no way they keep the dumb ass for 6 mil.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #47
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

Why would he be out of shape? First off, players these days, with all the OTA's and what not, are in much better shape at training camp then in the past. With that, he's had all this time to get in great shape. He might need a week or so to get in great game shape but cmon dude, 4 weeks to get in shape? You talk is if he was home sitting on the couch eating candy. He's been at the facility working out for weeks now. Please tell us all why you would be "surprised" if he is in "any shape to play".
Old 11-13-2012, 02:01 AM   #48
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Dream on.

Other than show casing him for trade value or injury he will see very little playing time.

Let your bromance go he is toast next year no way they keep the dumb ass for 6 mil.
Yeah, that's why we've kept him on the roster this whole time. So he can ride the bench and be cut at end of season. Makes so much sense. No bromance, just think Elway knows what he's doing and think JDR is one heck of a DC and will get the best out of DJ. It's called optimism and positive attitude.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:12 AM   #49
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Yeah, that's why we've kept him on the roster this whole time. So he can ride the bench and be cut at end of season. Makes so much sense. No bromance, just think Elway knows what he's doing and think JDR is one heck of a DC and will get the best out of DJ. It's called optimism and positive attitude.
Be positive your true love will play.

Wish in one hand crapmin the other see which one fills up first.

The moron had to take a cut in pay to come back at all. that is how much Jihn E thinks about him. At a reduced rate of pay he is insurance plain and simple. Or at best he sees some playing time to raise his trade value.

He can't beat out the guys already starting, he does not have any time in the scheme. He has not played a down this year why would they want to tamper with success. OH I know to get your hero on the field..

Read the links posted above. See if you can get over this fantasy you seem to have.

BTW they kept him on the roster because he has not cost them a dime till yesterday. And now he comes back on a redone cheaper contract for the rest of this year. Call it insurance against injury.

Last edited by lonestar; 11-13-2012 at 02:14 AM..
Old 11-13-2012, 06:43 AM   #50
Bmore Manning

Didn't I start a thread like this a few weeks ago..?